Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
SOD/SOW: Gunfire Erupts and Johnny Goes Missing!; November 21st Issues
Topic Started: Nov 3 2011, 03:50 PM (3,868 Views)
Kenny
Member Avatar

In an attempt to help John recover his memory of being in Paris, Marlena hypnotizes him. While he’s under, John makes a startling confession.

“John says that he killed a man, a French diplomat,” Drake Hogestyn (John) previews. “He put a bullet in his heart and then went and had a croissant.” Carrie insists that John is wrong, explaining that she saw the diplomat alive while she was in Europe. John becomes agitated and Marlena cuts the hypnosis session short. “There are areas in John’s brain that have been manipulated,” Hogestyn points out. “Obviously, information has been planted. It’s far too confusing. There is no easy answer.”

Later, at the townhouse, John is surprised by a visit from Brady, who is accompanied by Madison. “It’s an icebreaker,” notes Hogestyn. “Things have been written that indicate a back story between John and Brady [that was played off-screen]. I guess there was a pretty big divide between them. There was a miscommunication.”

The impromptu reunion bridges the gap between father and son. “There are things said between them that they’ve both been waiting to hear,” offers Hogestyn. “John tells Brady that he’s never been more proud of him than he is at this point, and that he should have stated that more often.”

Before John’s trial begins, he takes time to meet with his family at the Brady Pub. “John wanted to get the family together because it might be the last time that he sees them,” explains Hogestyn. Roman provides police protection. “John is ushered in through the back of the Brady Pub,” details the actor. Emotions heighten when Sami arrives through the front door with her children and Rafe. “Sami actually gives John a hug,” smiles Hogestyn. “John thanks her for bringing the grandchildren. It means the world for John to have everyone there. It’s a very warm moment.”

Unbeknownst to the group, a gunman hovers outside the pub. He takes aim at John and fires. Hogestyn describes, “In a heartbeat, all hell breaks loose.”

When the smoke clears, Johnny is missing.

Source: Rogue Ejami
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Kenny
Member Avatar

Marlena places John under hypnosis, hoping that she will uncover something about his memory of being in a Paris cafe. Drake Hogestyn previews, “It’s an interesting session. John remembers a day when he and Marlena renewed their wedding vows. Marlena asks, 'What else did you do?' and John answers, 'I killed a French diplomat. I put a bullet in his heart and then I had a croissant.'”

Carrie, who is present at the hypnosis session, protests that John is wrong and insists that she saw the diplomat alive when she was in Europe. John shows signs of frustration, and Marlena quickly ends the session. “They never get around to addressing if John was in Paris or at the clinic in Switzerland,” notes Hogestyn. “There are areas in John’s brain that have been manipulated and obviously, information has been planted for whatever reason.” John questions if his memories of making illegal transactions in Paris might be real. Seeing that her husband is in pain, Marlena comforts him.

Across town, Madison suggests that Brady set aside his anger over his father and visit him. She reasons that if John is found guilty, it could be Brady’s last chance to see him. Brady agrees and heads for the townhouse, with Madison by his side. John is pleased to see him. Hogestyn recounts that it’s an icebreaker. Things are said between them that they’ve both been waiting to hear. John tells Brady that he’s never been more proud of his son.

The next morning, John braces himself for court. With Roman providing police protection, John and Marlena stop by the Brady Pub, which is closed so that John can enjoy private time with his family before the trial begins. “John wants to get the family together at the Brady Pub because it might be the last time that he sees them," explains Hogestyn. "John thinks he’s safe being ushered in through the back way.”

John and Marlena thrilled when Sami walks through the front door with Rafe and her children. "Sami surprises John by giving him a hug," Hogestyn shares. “He thanks Sami for bringing the grandkids. It means the world for John to have everyone there.”

Outside the pub, the shadowy figure loads a rifle. He aims it at John and fires. “In a heartbeat, all hell breaks loose,” says Hogestyn. Everyone ducks for cover until the shooting stops. In the aftermath, Sami discovers that Johnny is missing…..

Source: Rogue Ejami

lastDays
Member Avatar

Nothing like violence to put everyone in a festive mood this time of year :sarcasm:

MarDar doing a nice job of picking up where Dena the destroyer left off.Thanks KC

Virgo Twins
Member Avatar

DAMN right it is far to confusing not just for John but for us too. Can't wait until we begin to make heads or tails of it all and things start to fall into place.

cajnej
Member Avatar

Thank you for posting Kenny. Looks like there is much to unravel in John's brain and his scrambled memories, I will be staying tuned in.

Kevc1980
Member Avatar

Sounds great...And more reason for Sami to blame John..When her son goes missing because of him.

JamesScott_19
Member Avatar
Don't get up. So how are you? What happened, eh? Let me guess, Stefano told you that you could fly,and you jumped off a building. HeHe It's funny right, no I'm sorry Bad EJ, I should'nt be that cruel!

This actually sounds good, thanks for posting.

tomsawyer
Member Avatar

Interesting - they should have played out beats like this all along - nice to see something finally happening in John's story.

six
Member Avatar

So, apparently the only purpose for the Brady/John issue was to give Brady a reason not to post bail for John, so John could take a beating in jail? If this was the route they decided to take, they could have at least put effort into developing a story instead of a plot point. Not "this thing we're not going to explain happened off screen and now it's resolved in a second, just like that." There are two many contrived little things that are happening just to propel the story. Very annoying.

The attack and kidnapping could be good. At least there will be some action.
Edited by six, Nov 3 2011, 04:59 PM.

Dreamy
Member Avatar

TFP!

Mitchapalooza
Member Avatar
Killing myself slowly

Not interested in this AT all.....I hate how MarDar are making part of the focus on Sami...ugh MarDar you suck....they are Dena Higley in disguise with their hard-on love for Sami/Rafe/Melanie/Daniel!

Mitchapalooza
Member Avatar
Killing myself slowly

Can Johnny actually turn up dead this time...PLEASE!

JamaicanBeauty7
Member Avatar

This sounds pretty interesting though I'm never a fan of things happening to children, let alone Johnny. I'm still hopeful that it turns out great.

px780
Member Avatar
Streetcorner Philosopher

So eventually we're going on a road trip to the clinic in Switzerland, right, where Salemites will be kidnapped one by one and/or "die" and rescues will be required and maybe that's where the eggbaby that Alice secretly gave birth to (Stefano's the father?!) will be living (that last part- not a spoiler). That's really the only route I see ahead if John's going to have implanted memories.

bstreis
Member Avatar
No matter what you think, I DO love you.

six
Nov 3 2011, 04:58 PM
So, apparently the only purpose for the Brady/John issue was to give Brady a reason not to post bail for John, so John could take a beating in jail? If this was the route they decided to take, they could have at least put effort into developing a story instead of a plot point. Not "this thing we're not going to explain happened off screen and now it's resolved in a second, just like that." There are two many contrived little things that are happening just to propel the story. Very annoying.

The attack and kidnapping could be good. At least there will be some action.
For that, and for Madison to be the one who eventually convinces Brady to see John to reconcile :rolleyes: I mean Marlena's convo wasn't good enough but upon Madison's urging Brady realizes he should re-connect with his dad...oh come on.......I'm so irritated over this.

james0479
Member Avatar

Thanks for posting! I think this sounds pretty interesting.....I'm just curious as to how it will all play out so I'm holding my kudos, just in case.

PoisonIvy
Member Avatar

It's movement in the story. Hallelujah.

The only way this could really satisfying though is if it doesn't end up back at the DiMera's door. That is so been-there, done-that.

Carly
Member Avatar

I'm curious to see how Madison interacts with John. I still kinda think that Madison has a connection to John and/or the embezzlement.

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

I wonder if the Ian Buchanan character ends up tying in with all this.

happy
Member Avatar

I am just annoyed that Roman was in charge of police protection and he failed again. So tired of seeing an incompetent police department. Feels like General Hospital. LOL.

Seriously, I miss the days when Days had a competent police force; and Roman, Bo, and Abe were actually able to accomplish things, sometimes with the help of Shane and the ISA.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply