Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Jason47's 46th Anniversary "Days" Tribute
Topic Started: Nov 5 2011, 01:39 PM (668 Views)
Jason47
Member Avatar

"Days of Our Lives" celebrates its 46th anniversary on the air this Tuesday, November 8, 2011. Visit Jason47's Days Website for a special look back at the past 46 years! View a collection of over 200 video clips, see what the current cast was doing back in 1965, and read through the first week of scripts. Also, you can learn how the "Days" theme was created and view a special 1965 edition of the website. Just added today are cast & crew anniversary messages from years past and several of former head writer Bill Bell's anniversary letters. All that and more at http://www.jason47.com
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

nickyj12345
Member Avatar

This is awesome, Jason! I can't wait to dig through this treasure trove.

That letter you posted from Wes Kenney was fascinating, BTW.

james0479
Member Avatar

Fantastic!! Great way to celebrate, Jason! Thanks for posting

jam6242
Member Avatar

Thanks Jason! Loved reading Bill Bell's comments, some of them surprised me, even though they were tongue-in-cheek, especially in the 1970 letter (the reference to Laura's rape, especially). One thing he predicted in the 1970 letter came true: "And to you sexy Julie, with the 7-month itch, I promise you'll emerge---daytime's most celebrated bitch." Obviously he had big plans for Julie already.

Also enjoyed the what were they doing in 1965. Geesh, seems a large portion of the current cast weren't born yet. I fit into the elementary school group but I was in good company (Matt Ashford, Peter Reckell, Renee Jones, Wally Kurth, Greg Meng).

Marlene

I've been reading and thoroughly enjoying.

The announcement regarding Carr being cast as Bill Horton refers to a brother, Dan. Who's Dan?

jam6242
Member Avatar

I believe Dan was what Tom Jr. was originally called (before he actually appeared).
Edited by jam6242, Nov 5 2011, 06:04 PM.

Sindacco
Member Avatar

I can't find the 46th Anniversary, could someone direct link to it?

Marlene

Thanks, Jason. Makes total sense.

Jason47
Member Avatar

Sindacco
Nov 5 2011, 06:35 PM
I can't find the 46th Anniversary, could someone direct link to it?
There's no seperate "46th anniversary" page...it's a collection of links on the top of my main page, http://www.jason47.com

I did the really big tribute last year for the 45th anniversary. This year, the new additions include the 30th/35th/40th anniversary issues from The Hollywood Reporter, the letters from Bill Bell for the anniversary parties in 1970 and 1974, and updates to the "Where The Cast Was in 1965" and "Longest Tenure: 46 Years, 46 Faces/Longest Tenure List" pages. All of the other anniversary-related links are from years past.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
ZetaBoards gives you all the tools to create a successful discussion community.
Learn More · Register Now
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply