Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
November Promo!; shown at 'Day of Days' (updated 11/7)
Topic Started: Nov 5 2011, 07:42 PM (78,432 Views)
JamesScott_19
Member Avatar
Don't get up. So how are you? What happened, eh? Let me guess, Stefano told you that you could fly,and you jumped off a building. HeHe It's funny right, no I'm sorry Bad EJ, I should'nt be that cruel!

I hate to admit it but I do see Sami getting pregnant, hey why not? Not like this show has nay hope as it is.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Mitchapalooza
Member Avatar
Killing myself slowly

jocelynel3
Nov 8 2011, 03:59 PM
tomsawyer
Nov 8 2011, 03:50 PM
aimees76
Nov 8 2011, 03:24 PM
I thought this show was supposed to getting back o romance and rootable characters.
I think they are and they've decided that Sami isn't a rootable character. She's a villain. Kudos to Mar Dar for recognizing that.
I wouldn't say "villain" I would say Antagonist.
I would say at her truest of roots, she is a villain....you can't look at what she has done in her past and simply call her an antagonist...she has done some VERY horrible things, some things on par or worse than what Stefano/Vivian/Kristen have done to people.

Rapist = Villain and a Rapist = Sami!
Edited by Mitchapalooza, Nov 8 2011, 04:09 PM.

JamaicanBeauty7
Member Avatar

ITA with TS, especially the last part. While writing Ejami has hate-filled drama satisfied DH's goal temporarily, it limited them to the amount of s/ls with them and how that impacts their relationships with other 30 year olds There is only so many " I hate you EJ/ I hate you Sami plots you can write before you run out of ideas, and there weren't many in the first place. So kudos to Mar Dar for throw a big fat monkey wrench into the scheme of things and shuffle the cards again. This event alone can be the catalyst for a litany of other s/ls, pairings and must see events short term and down the road. Now, it's up to them to take advantage of this opportunity, be creative and milk it for all it's worth. I'm going to sit back and watch the fireworks fly because this could get real interesting.
Edited by JamaicanBeauty7, Nov 8 2011, 05:55 PM.

JamaicanBeauty7
Member Avatar

JamesScott_19
Nov 8 2011, 04:07 PM
I hate to admit it but I do see Sami getting pregnant, hey why not? Not like this show has nay hope as it is.
Initially I would have to pass on the baby personally because Sami already has 4 (yikes) and it usually ends up being WTD. Then again, the chances they will take a second to get a condom would be low considering their supposed emotional state at the time. Plus, if they would take the time to get a condom I think one more second would be needed to realize this is not a good idea in the first place. Therefore if it goes down, I would figure there was no time taken to think about either. Also, if the writers can steer clear of WTD :pray: but still use it to make it the s/l even more scandalous... I'll watch.
Edited by JamaicanBeauty7, Nov 8 2011, 04:20 PM.

Deleted User
Deleted User

JamesScott_19
This show deserves to be cancelled if they give the scrunchy another baby.
Quote Post Goto Top

Helpless Romantic

Tabbie
Nov 8 2011, 04:19 PM
JamesScott_19
That's where they are headed one way or another after the contract expires. It's just prolonging the inevitable.

SoapGal1
Member Avatar

JamaicanBeauty7
Nov 8 2011, 04:10 PM
tomsawyer
Nov 8 2011, 02:55 PM
SaveDaysNow
Nov 8 2011, 12:31 PM
Liz<3Days
Nov 8 2011, 10:31 AM
I am a shipper and my whole point in this is that if most here wanted Dena fired for her stories- they sucked...they were shallow...the characters weren't true to themselves....taking a Dena story and using it, makes people do a 180 on their opinions....its "interesting"....it could be a scandal...all because their favorite pairing is now going to interact?

EJole had their own internal conflicts without bringing in the weakest actor of the bunch and have her dominate with her stomping all over the scripts. They also had Caustin brought in to pimp Sami as businesswoman of the year, so why have EJole now be part of it. Its because the other actors are weak and they are once again using JS and AZ to bring life to a dead corpse.

Now I have to see scenes with the businesswhore of Salem and her 19 kids and counting.
:hail: Exactly. And some of those same people who were complaining that EJOLE got together so quickly and out of the blue apparently have no problem with the Eshami insta fucking. At least we had months of EJOLE in scenes together to watch the buildup. There is no good storytelling on this show because TPTB can't commit to sticking with a storyline! Sami doesn't need to be in every goddamn storyline because a good chunk of viewers could care less about her or her skanky love life. Give me more Justin & Adrienne, John & Marlena, hell even Chabby/Melanie-- NOT MORE SAMI! :flipoff:
Two things on this...

First, we were talking earlier in the thread about how most of the shippers are willing to overlook things for their couples and justify stories that get their preferred penis and vagina together. So yeah, I think many of us are hypocrites in this regard - myself included. I'll own that.

Second, I do think the Ejami sex is very different from the Ejole sex. Ejole has been written as a rootable couple these past few months, so Ejole sex is a step toward solidifying their relationship and the question then becomes when is the right time for a rootable couple to have sex? How much build-up should there be for it to be most meaningful?

Ejami, on the other hand, isn't being written as a rootable couple at all, so Ejami sex isn't about solidifying their relationship or showing they are meant to be. If I had to guess, I'd say Ejami sex is about showing that the Ejami passion is still there. Could it turn into something more later on? Maybe, maybe not. But, I think MarDar want people to know that Ejami is not just hate-driven passion (which is how DH wrote them), but that the flip-side, that is love-driven passion, still exists as well.
I completely agree, especially the last part. While writing Ejami has hate-filled drama satisfied DH's goal temporarily, it limited them to the amount of s/ls with them and how that impacts their relationships with other 30 year olds There is only so many " I hate you EJ/ I hate you Sami plots you can write before you run out of ideas, and there weren't many in the first place. So kudos to Mar Dar for throw a big fat monkey wrench into the scheme of things and shuffle the cards again. This event alone can be the catalyst for a litany of other s/ls, pairings and must see events short term and down the road. Now, it's up to them to take advantage of this opportunity, be creative and milk it for all it's worth. I'm going to sit back and watch the fireworks fly because this could get real interesting.
wrong post.
Edited by SoapGal1, Nov 8 2011, 04:40 PM.

SoapGal1
Member Avatar

JamaicanBeauty7
Nov 8 2011, 04:15 PM
JamesScott_19
Initially I would have to pass on the baby personally because Sami already has 4 (yikes) and it usually ends up being WTD. Then again, the chances they will take a second to get a condom would be low considering their supposed emotional state at the time. Plus, if they would take the time to get a condom I think one more second would be needed to realize this is not a good idea in the first place. Therefore if it goes down, I would figure there was no time taken to think about either. Also, if the writers can steer clear of WTD :pray: but still use it to make it the s/l even more scandalous... I'll watch.
It's this one!

What you say makes sense.

And, I'll have to recant my excitement if they make the scrunchy PG.

Dont.Do.It.MarDar.

JamesScott_19
Member Avatar
Don't get up. So how are you? What happened, eh? Let me guess, Stefano told you that you could fly,and you jumped off a building. HeHe It's funny right, no I'm sorry Bad EJ, I should'nt be that cruel!

Tabbie
Nov 8 2011, 04:19 PM
JamesScott_19
with these latest stories, the show does`nt have much time.

mer4santo
Member Avatar

SoapGal1
Nov 8 2011, 04:42 PM
JamaicanBeauty7
JamesScott_19
It's this one!

What you say makes sense.

And, I'll have to recant my excitement if they make the scrunchy PG.

Dont.Do.It.MarDar.
This crowd doesn't need another baby at this time. After 4 solid years of storylines revolving around MUH BABY I'm good for a few years off.

am103
Member Avatar

JamaicanBeauty7
JamesScott_19
Condom? Who are we kidding? Even if he had the sense to put on a condom (which would be very shocking), she's going to get pregnant regardless. EJ and Sami are the most super-fertile people in Salem. I'll be surprised if she doesn't get pregnant just by breathing next to him! :puke:

Ginger
Member Avatar

JamaicanBeauty7
Nov 8 2011, 04:10 PM
tomsawyer
Nov 8 2011, 02:55 PM
SaveDaysNow
Nov 8 2011, 12:31 PM
Liz<3Days
Nov 8 2011, 10:31 AM
I am a shipper and my whole point in this is that if most here wanted Dena fired for her stories- they sucked...they were shallow...the characters weren't true to themselves....taking a Dena story and using it, makes people do a 180 on their opinions....its "interesting"....it could be a scandal...all because their favorite pairing is now going to interact?

EJole had their own internal conflicts without bringing in the weakest actor of the bunch and have her dominate with her stomping all over the scripts. They also had Caustin brought in to pimp Sami as businesswoman of the year, so why have EJole now be part of it. Its because the other actors are weak and they are once again using JS and AZ to bring life to a dead corpse.

Now I have to see scenes with the businesswhore of Salem and her 19 kids and counting.
:hail: Exactly. And some of those same people who were complaining that EJOLE got together so quickly and out of the blue apparently have no problem with the Eshami insta fucking. At least we had months of EJOLE in scenes together to watch the buildup. There is no good storytelling on this show because TPTB can't commit to sticking with a storyline! Sami doesn't need to be in every goddamn storyline because a good chunk of viewers could care less about her or her skanky love life. Give me more Justin & Adrienne, John & Marlena, hell even Chabby/Melanie-- NOT MORE SAMI! :flipoff:
Two things on this...

First, we were talking earlier in the thread about how most of the shippers are willing to overlook things for their couples and justify stories that get their preferred penis and vagina together. So yeah, I think many of us are hypocrites in this regard - myself included. I'll own that.

Second, I do think the Ejami sex is very different from the Ejole sex. Ejole has been written as a rootable couple these past few months, so Ejole sex is a step toward solidifying their relationship and the question then becomes when is the right time for a rootable couple to have sex? How much build-up should there be for it to be most meaningful?

Ejami, on the other hand, isn't being written as a rootable couple at all, so Ejami sex isn't about solidifying their relationship or showing they are meant to be. If I had to guess, I'd say Ejami sex is about showing that the Ejami passion is still there. Could it turn into something more later on? Maybe, maybe not. But, I think MarDar want people to know that Ejami is not just hate-driven passion (which is how DH wrote them), but that the flip-side, that is love-driven passion, still exists as well.
I completely agree, especially the last part. While writing Ejami has hate-filled drama satisfied DH's goal temporarily, it limited them to the amount of s/ls with them and how that impacts their relationships with other 30 year olds There is only so many " I hate you EJ/ I hate you Sami plots you can write before you run out of ideas, and there weren't many in the first place. So kudos to Mar Dar for throw a big fat monkey wrench into the scheme of things and shuffle the cards again. This event alone can be the catalyst for a litany of other s/ls, pairings and must see events short term and down the road. Now, it's up to them to take advantage of this opportunity, be creative and milk it for all it's worth. I'm going to sit back and watch the fireworks fly because this could get real interesting.
ICAM. Actually, doing something like this is the height of soapiness. It clearly generates a number of complications for each of the characters. Good. Soapy. Stuff. I can't wait to see it play out.

The one thing I don't understand though is how most people here think they "know" the way the story will go when we have limited experience with these writers. We don't know. However, if the surprised outcry the November Promo generated is any indication of what we might expect from them, then I say we could easily be in for some really exciting soap opera.

And, like JB, I'm just going to sit back and watch the fireworks fly because I think this could end up being some of the best storytelling we've seen on Days.

SpriteEyes
Member Avatar

No more babies, no more WTD storylines and I don't care who's pregnant by whom.

FanODays

Sami and EJ again? Nail meet coffin.

Sariah
Member Avatar

Didn't every Ejole fan see this coming? Didn't we all know Nicole would get screwed over in favor of Sami yet again?

I had really hoped for a different outcome. I had hoped that things really had changed and that EJ would have to chase Nicole and convince her of his love. I had hoped that Nicole would continue to be strong and independent and not needy and desperate.

I hate the whiplash feeling from all the back and forth. I don't think it's romantic. I think it's slimy and sleazy and that everyone in Salem should be shot up full of penicillin from all the diseases I'm sure they're sharing.

MarDar gives me a little something to invest and believe in...and then just as quickly takes it away. That doesn't make me more excited to watch the show. That doesn't make me tune in. It just pisses me off and reiterates my belief that I should be done with this show completely.

Only I can't figure out how to stop coming to Daytime Royalty and get away from the show all together... :)

MissLola
Member Avatar

Nicole walking away from EJ, despite her feelings, is points in her favor. I am also thinking that he will pursue her in the coming months. I don't think that he will chase Sami again. He will probably be regretful and try to cover it up. :shame:

JamaicanBeauty7
Member Avatar

SoapGal1
Nov 8 2011, 04:40 PM
wrong post.
Thanks. I have a bad habit of doing everything so fast that mistakes run rampant. Slow down, JB. Slow down. :whack:

deletemyaccountplease

alex
Nov 8 2011, 05:47 PM
Nicole walking away from EJ, despite her feelings, is points in her favor. I am also thinking that he will pursue her in the coming months. I don't think that he will chase Sami again. He will probably be regretful and try to cover it up. :shame:
I think they're going this route too. It would be great irony

So someone witnesses it or sami is preg

esp13
Member Avatar

pennieloafer
Nov 8 2011, 06:36 PM
alex
Nov 8 2011, 05:47 PM
I think they're going this route too. It would be great irony

So someone witnesses it or sami is preg
If Sami ends up pregnant again, my current meltdown is going to look like a mere snit.

Paxton
Member Avatar
Dreaming of a Melanie-free Days

esp13
Nov 8 2011, 07:03 PM
If Sami ends up pregnant again, my current meltdown is going to look like a mere snit.
I feel like you just threw down the gauntlet--I bet I can out-meltdown you if that happens. What a wonderfully fresh, exciting new story that would be, Sami not knowing who was the father of her baby! Or lying to someone about the child's paternity! Or both!

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
ZetaBoards gives you all the tools to create a successful discussion community.
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply