Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Wednesday November 9th Daily Discussion
Topic Started: Nov 8 2011, 08:16 AM (11,315 Views)
Ellie

Please use this thread to discuss Wednesday's US / Tuesday's Canadian show.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

sals4
Member Avatar

Well....there I went crying again like a sap. But it was really good! They really felt like classic Jack and Jenn today. Jack trying to be strong and brush things off and Jenn wanting to get inside. The difference today is he actually opens up and tells her why he doesn't want help, how hard it's been and he doesn't want to re-live it. He told her that she saved his life..he felt she was with him the whole time giving him hope..enter my waterworks. He tells her how much he loves her and they kiss. Daniel is outside with brady and they both see it, they leave and Brady encourages him to punch bags...kinda cute I have to say. Daniel actually makes for cute bromances...I think even him and Jack do believe it or not.
Abigail enters shortly after they kiss and decides to give Jack another chance. He finally tells her that the reason he left was because he felt that he wasn't good enough for them..enter waterworks the sequel. they hug...it was beautiful. The part that bothered me at the end was when Daniel tries to contact her when he decides he needs to "fight for her" she looks at the phone emotionally and holds it to he heart. When Jack asks her if there's somewhere she needs to be she tells them no.."This" is where I need to be,as if she is sacrificing herself and her feelings for Daniel for her family's happiness. Sounds like something Saint Jennifer would do..but it's not really how I wanted it to play out..we're left still wondering where her heart is.
On a final note..I have to say I think Carrie and Rafe have great chemistry..as do Melanie and Chad..looking forward to those storylines playing out. I said my peace...hopefully I'll be this pleased with an episode again in the near future..was looking forward to this one for awhile!

Mitchapalooza
Member Avatar
Killing myself slowly

sals4
Nov 8 2011, 01:11 PM
Well....there I went crying again like a sap. But it was really good! They really felt like classic Jack and Jenn today. Jack trying to be strong and brush things off and Jenn wanting to get inside. The difference today is he actually opens up and tells her why he doesn't want help, how hard it's been and he doesn't want to re-live it. He told her that she saved his life..he felt she was with him the whole time giving him hope..enter my waterworks. He tells her how much he loves her and they kiss. Daniel is outside with brady and they both see it, they leave and Brady encourages him to punch bags...kinda cute I have to say. Daniel actually makes for cute bromances...I think even him and Jack do believe it or not.
Abigail enters shortly after they kiss and decides to give Jack another chance. He finally tells her that the reason he left was because he felt that he wasn't good enough for them..enter waterworks the sequel. they hug...it was beautiful. The part that bothered me at the end was when Daniel tries to contact her when he decides he needs to "fight for her" she looks at the phone emotionally and holds it to he heart. When Jack asks her if there's somewhere she needs to be she tells them no.."This" is where I need to be,as if she is sacrificing herself and her feelings for Daniel for her family's happiness. Sounds like something Saint Jennifer would do..but it's not really how I wanted it to play out..we're left still wondering where her heart is.
On a final note..I have to say I think Carrie and Rafe have great chemistry..as do Melanie and Chad..looking forward to those storylines playing out. I said my peace...hopefully I'll be this pleased with an episode again in the near future..was looking forward to this one for awhile!
Okay...I am watching today FOR SURE...this sounds AMAZING!

LanaluvsBroe
Member Avatar

Classic Jack, he always felt that he wasn't good enough for Jennifer. It's good to know there's at least one storyline the writers haven't screwed up (yet). I really don't like the phone-to-the-heart thing though.

JackN'Jen
Member Avatar

I'm a little confused. Jack left because he felt he wasn't good enough for them and NOT because he was on a story??? What the hell!!

Okay I just watched the scene. Not confused.
Edited by JackN'Jen, Nov 8 2011, 03:42 PM.

AHM

Oh, that sounded so good until Jennifer holds the phone to her heart. My Jennifer hate just went through the roof. Are you kidding me? It was good story telling leading to an amazing characterization when Jack was the pity guy with Steve/Kayla, but my lands, I think these writers are turning him into pity guy in his own love story. I was happy about the PTSD, but not if this is how they are going to use it. No, I wanted them to use to make Jack walk away.

I'm about to throw the oars overboard and just let it go.

jane1978

AHM
Nov 8 2011, 01:56 PM
Oh, that sounded so good until Jennifer holds the phone to her heart. My Jennifer hate just went through the roof. Are you kidding me? It was good story telling leading to an amazing characterization when Jack was the pity guy with Steve/Kayla, but my lands, I think these writers are turning him into pity guy in his own love story. I was happy about the PTSD, but not if this is how they are going to use it. No, I wanted them to use to make Jack walk away.

If she says "this is where I NEED to be" instead of "WANT to be" like she did with Daniel thatīs it. We are pretty much screwed. :soapbox:

Oh, well, after Dannifer have their inevitable reunion sex and finally decide to be together it will be our turn to smile. The rumored Feb. Dannifer wedding seems very plausible now.

AHM

^It hurts. I'm a lot like Jack. Why can't I just walk away? They are doing exactly what I don't want them to do with this story.

LanaluvsBroe
Member Avatar

jane1978
Nov 8 2011, 02:11 PM
AHM

If she says "this is where I NEED to be" instead of "WANT to be" like she did with Daniel thatīs it. We are pretty much screwed. :soapbox:

Oh, well, after Dannifer have their inevitable reunion sex and finally decide to be together it will be our turn to smile. The rumored Feb. Dannifer wedding seems very plausible now.

Exactly. There is a HUGE difference between 'I WANT to be here' and 'I NEED to be here'. The last thing I want to see is for Jack to become the pity party in his own love story. That would destroy him. For her to want to be with Daniel over her own family is unbelievable. At this point I do believe that Jennifer will get engaged to Daniel and I hope Jack is sitting in the front row flipping her the middle finger as she says I do. :flipoff:
Edited by LanaluvsBroe, Nov 8 2011, 02:36 PM.

sals4
Member Avatar

AHM

Hahaha no AHM don't throw in the towel just yet..but I'm glad someone..can't remember who is finally on board with..as much as it hurts the Dannifer sex story. Jack just needs to get it. Him seeing them kiss...or her telling him that she loves Daniel is not getting through to Jack..he just needs to see it in black and white. We as viewers as well as Jack just need to see and accept that it's finally over between Jack and Jenn in order for their love story to build back up again. Trust me it will all work out in the end, but in a long round about way Jenn WILL end up realizing that Daniel is not the man for her and she will end up yearning for Jack again...I just know it..it will just take time.Plus what's a love story without the angst??

LanaluvsBroe
Member Avatar

sals4
Nov 8 2011, 02:38 PM
AHM

Hahaha no AHM don't throw in the towel just yet..but I'm glad someone..can't remember who is finally on board with..as much as it hurts the Dannifer sex story. Jack just needs to get it. Him seeing them kiss...or her telling him that she loves Daniel is not getting through to Jack..he just needs to see it in black and white. We as viewers as well as Jack just need to see and accept that it's finally over between Jack and Jenn in order for their love story to build back up again. Trust me it will all work out in the end, but in a long round about way Jenn WILL end up realizing that Daniel is not the man for her and she will end up yearning for Jack again...I just know it..it will just take time.Plus what's a love story without the angst??
I'm fine with some angst but when one guy gets reviled by the whole city while the other is propped as a saint and the woman in the middle is turned into a fickle twit it takes away from the story and demeans the long history between what is suppose to be the rooting couple!

MyHappyEnding

There may be a difference between need and want but no one makes little miss St. Jennifer do anything she doesn't want to do. If she wanted to be with Daniel she would've left.

Only J&J fans could watch her dodge a phone call from Dr. Tan and choose to be with her family and find the negative in it. LOL

For ONCE since she returned to Salem she's done the unselfish thing and put her family first. Sounds to me like Jennifer is finally realizing her familial obligations. About damn time.
Edited by MyHappyEnding, Nov 8 2011, 02:50 PM.

LanaluvsBroe
Member Avatar

MyHappyEnding
Nov 8 2011, 02:47 PM
There may be a difference between need and want but no one makes little miss St. Jennifer do anything she doesn't want to do. If she wanted to be with Daniel she would've left.

Only J&J fans could watch her dodge a phone call from Dr. Tan and choose to be with her family and find the negative in it. LOL

For ONCE since she returned to Salem she's done the unselfish thing and put her family first. Sounds to me like Jennifer is finally realizing her familial obligations. About damn time.
That's the problem though, she should be with Jack because she WANTS to be. Because she loves him. Not out of obligation.

JackN'Jen
Member Avatar

^^ That's just the issue. Her family shouldn't be an obligation to her, she should WANT to be with them, not feel the need she has to. It's sad really how she sees her family that way :shame:
Edited by JackN'Jen, Nov 8 2011, 02:58 PM.

LanaluvsBroe
Member Avatar

http://www.network54.com/Forum/358339/message/1320782084/A+Look+At+Tomorrow+for+Wednesday%2C+Nov.+9th

MyHappyEnding

Well in a perfect world I would agree but we JUST got to the point where they are finally communicating. Up until now she ha been heavily leaning towards Daniel....I get we all wanna throttle Jennifer but she just watched the love of her life breakdown in front of her and admit to torture she never thought possible. Give it a minute LOL.

It also sounds to me like Jack heard and saw her reaction and told her to leave if she wanted and she didnt. Soooooo I don't see why that's bad.

AHM

MyHappyEnding
Nov 8 2011, 02:47 PM

Oh, MyHappyEnding, bless you. You see rainbows in pure crap. Don't get me wrong. I love that and sometimes I see it too and get hopeful. I wish I could do it. But this sounds like a pile of crap, and not the rainbow variety, to me.
Edited by AHM, Nov 8 2011, 03:03 PM.

AHM

Jack needs to feel like she's pitying him and walk away. Then maybe we can see Jennifer find she isn't so very happy with Mr. Perfect and have to fight for Jack.

Okay, MyHappyEnding, pass the Kool-Aid. I'm trying to drink it.
Edited by AHM, Nov 8 2011, 03:07 PM.

MyHappyEnding

We see things differently...no kool aid necessary. Suggesting one has to be drugged or stupid to see something in a positive light is slightly condescending even though I don't think you meant it that way.

Like I said...only J&J fans would get almost exactly what they want in a scene...find the one part of it they didn't...and them declare that the story sucks and is terrible.

AHM

^I really don't mean to offend you, MHE. I'm in a bitter moment. I always enjoy your comments.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply