Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
NBC Announces Mid-Season Lineup; Thursday is overhauled, 'Smash' & 'Firm' get airdates, 3 series moved, 'Community' benched by '30 Rock'
Topic Started: Nov 14 2011, 07:39 PM (430 Views)
KMan101
Member Avatar

http://www.tvguide.com/News/NBC-Midseason-Schedule-1039715.aspx

NBC will bench Community to make room for returning comedy 30 Rock on Thursdays, and has set a premiere date for new series The Firm and Are You There, Chelsea?

The network also announced Monday that its upcoming musical drama Smash will debut on Monday, Feb. 6 at 10/9c following the second episode of The Voice.

Part of a massive Thursday-night overhaul, The Firm, a TV adaptation of the 1993 Tom Cruise film, will premiere at a special day and time, Sunday, Jan. 8, before moving to Thursdays at 10/9c beginning Jan. 12. 30 Rock will return the same day at 8/7c, replacing Community, which will be benched until a later date (NBC tells The Futon Critic all 22 episodes will air). Up All Night will move into the post-Office timeslot, while Whitney will move to Wednesdays at 8/7c.

On Wednesdays, Whitney will be paired with the new comedy from Chelsea Handler, Are You There, Chelsea?, premiering Jan. 11 at 8:30/7:30c. Chelsea will be followed by Rock Center with Brian Williams, which will air at 9/8c and moves Harry's Law to Sundays at 8/7c.

In addition to premiere dates, NBC announced the series finale date for Chuck (Friday, Jan. 27) and the season finale for Parenthood (Tuesday, Feb. 28). New reality series Fashion Star will take over Parenthood's timeslot on March 13.

In addition to Community, other shows missing from the list include Prime Suspect which has not been picked up for its back nine episodes, and midseason series Bent and Awake.

Check out the full midseason schedule below:

Monday (beginning Feb. 6)
8-10 p.m. The Voice
10-11 p.m. Smash

Tuesday
8-10 p.m. The Biggest Loser
10-11 p.m. Parenthood
10-11 p.m. Fashion Star (beginning March 13)

Wednesday (beginning Jan. 11)
8-8:30 p.m. Whitney
8:30-9 p.m. Are You There, Chelsea?
9-10 p.m. Rock Center with Brian Williams
10-11 p.m. Law & Order: Special Victims Unit

Thursday (beginning Jan. 12)
8-8:30 p.m. 30 Rock
8:30-9 p.m. Parks and Recreation
9-9:30 p.m. The Office
9:30-10 p.m. Up All Night
10-11 p.m. The Firm

Friday
8-9 p.m. Who Do You Think You Are? (beginning Feb. 3)
9-10 p.m. Grimm
10-11 p.m. Dateline NBC

Sunday
7-8 p.m. Dateline NBC (beginning Jan. 8)
8-9 p.m. Harry's Law (beginning March 4)
9-11 p.m. The Celebrity Apprentice (beginning Feb. 12)
Edited by KMan101, Nov 14 2011, 07:41 PM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Checkers
Member Avatar

Community is such a great show. I hope it's not cancelled.

px780
Member Avatar
Streetcorner Philosopher

So they're just giving up Wednesdays at 9pm, then. Neat.

What's Fashion Star? Is that a Project Runway rip-off? If so, way to go to NBC for hopping on that trend early...

I think one of the ones off the schedule is the one I was interested in, with the guy who wakes up from a car accident in two realities.

dc cubs
Member Avatar

I'm confused about Parenthood. Does this mean they are not getting a full 22 episode season? It's the only NBC prime time show I watch and I thought it was doing decent for NBC's standards.

Mitchapalooza
Member Avatar
Killing myself slowly

Checkers
Nov 14 2011, 10:08 PM
Community is such a great show. I hope it's not cancelled.
Community is NOT cancelled...it has just been put on hiatus for the time being...NBC confirmed that it will be coming back some point later in the season and many are hinting that Sony will give the show to NBC for Season 4 so Sony can get the show into syndication (must have 4 Seasons to get syndicated).

SOOOOO happy 30 Rock is back...but NOT happy that Community will not be sticking around with it...30 Rock/Community/Parks & Rec/The Office are by far NBC best block of comedies...IMO the best block of comedies on TV.

Mitchapalooza
Member Avatar
Killing myself slowly

dc cubs
Nov 14 2011, 10:56 PM
I'm confused about Parenthood. Does this mean they are not getting a full 22 episode season? It's the only NBC prime time show I watch and I thought it was doing decent for NBC's standards.
Yes, apparently they are only getting a 17 episode season. Some are speculating it is because Parenthood is the most expensive show that NBC produces....because it just doesn't make sense..Parenthood is NBC highest rated drama series, so I don't get why a show like Harry's Law, NBC's lowest rated drama, got a full-season order and will stay on the schedule for the remainder of the season.

KMan101
Member Avatar

Probably because its more procedural in tone. Easier to rerun

Mitchapalooza
Member Avatar
Killing myself slowly

Also NBC completely missed the point by changing the name of "Are you there, Vodka?" to "Are you there, Chesea?"...MORONS!

Southofsoap
Member Avatar

I was looking forward to 'Awake' but its not on the schedule.

Mitchapalooza
Member Avatar
Killing myself slowly

Southofsoap
Nov 15 2011, 03:53 PM
I was looking forward to 'Awake' but its not on the schedule.
NBC said that "Awake" will be appearing later in the season...probably as a replacement.

Supposedly the show is still getting some re-tooling.

MissLola
Member Avatar

I cant believe they are benching Community, but Whitney stays on ???

Mitchapalooza
Member Avatar
Killing myself slowly

alex
Nov 15 2011, 08:26 PM
I cant believe they are benching Community, but Whitney stays on ???
I agree its ludicrous...but demos/ratings played in that decision...

KMan101
Member Avatar

Yeah, Community's numbers are terrible. I've never watched but have heard nothing but good things about it and Parks and Recreation, which also has terrible numbers, both overall and demo-wise. Maybe 30 Rock can improve Parks' numbers.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Primetime News & Spoilers · Next Topic »
Add Reply