Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Day of Days; Interviews, videos, photos and fan accounts
Topic Started: Nov 4 2011, 08:01 AM (11,053 Views)
Ellie

Hi all, we've tried this format in past years and it's worked very well. Please post all interviews (whether 'fan' or professional), videos, photos and fan accounts from Day of Days in this thread. If you think an interview contains a huge spoiler or other info that belongs in its own thread, please put it in here and then PM a staff member.

Thanks, and to everyone going, have a great time and we can't wait to hear about it!
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

dc cubs
Member Avatar

Per a tweet I saw on the DaysofourLives feed there will be no live streaming this year. That is a shame because it was fun to watch the event live.

esp13
Member Avatar

Hey, if anybody is going to be in town for the Day of Days Event, there is a great opportunity to meet and mingle with your favorite Daytime stars after the DoD event ends. The Bay is having a fan event on Saturday, November 5th at 9:00pm at The Varsity on Wilshire. Tickets are $65 or $40 if you are a fan club member ($20 to join).

Cast members attending include: Mary Beth Evans, Matt Ashford, Martha Madison, Jed Allen, Lane Davies, Kimberlin Brown, Tristan Rogers, Lily Melgar, Jackie Zeman, Marie Wilson, Sandra Dee Robinson, Nicholas Coster and others.

There will be a raffle and silent auction for great prizes like: lunch with Mary Beth, lunch with Matt at the studio, a pair of Marie Wilson's shoes from ATWT, phone calls and/or video chats with several different actors.

I went to the Season One finale party last year and it was really great. It's a very casual atmosphere where you can meet and mingle freely with the cast members and talk to Gregori about the series. If you are in the area, you should really check it out. It will be a far different experience from the more structured interactions at Day of Days.

For more information and to buy tickets, you can go to www.thebaytheseries.com
Edited by esp13, Nov 4 2011, 11:10 AM.

Ally
Member Avatar
The Royal Princess

Looks like we can now add Arianne Zucker to those not able to attend along with Lauren Koslow, Ali Sweeney and Kristen A.

She tweeted this:

@Ari_Zucker Arianne Zucker
@Jancat20 I sadly will not be at the Days of Days, but there are so many of your other favorites that will be there. I will miss you all.

http://twitter.com/#!/Ari_Zucker/status/132479289961619456

:(

tomsawyer
Member Avatar

Ally
Nov 4 2011, 11:08 AM
Looks like we can now add Arianne Zucker to those not able to attend along with Lauren Koslow, Ali Sweeney and Kristen A.

She tweeted this:

@Jancat20 I sadly will not be at the Days of Days, but there are so many of your other favorites that will be there. I will miss you all.

Wow, other than DH and MR, it seems like all the biggest female stars are missing. Bummer for the fans.

esp13
Member Avatar

tomsawyer
Nov 4 2011, 11:12 AM
Ally

She tweeted this:

Wow, other than DH and MR, it seems like all the biggest female stars are missing. Bummer for the fans.
Hey now, Mary Beth will be there. ;) :D

tomsawyer
Member Avatar

esp13
Nov 4 2011, 11:14 AM
tomsawyer
Nov 4 2011, 11:12 AM
Ally

She tweeted this:

Hey now, Mary Beth will be there. ;) :D
Cool, I didn't know that - love MBE. Okay, I'll amend. Other than DH, MR and MBE....

james0479
Member Avatar

I really wanted to attend this year but just can't fit it in my budget. Maybe next year! I would've really missed AZ and LK so I'm not too bummed.

I posted this in another thread but thought I could share it here as well. Before Day Of Days, there was the Days Of Our Lives Fan Club Luncheon. I lived in Alabama in 1997 and was a senior in high school. My dad offered me a trip of my choice as a graduation present. It could be anywhere in America. I was floored....there were so many options. As a member of the Days Fan Club, the choice wasn't a difficult one. I said, "What about California?". The trip was set. I even mentioned perhaps we stay at the Sheraton Grand Hotel, where I knew the fan club luncheon would take place. I ordered tickets to the luncheon with my own money and we flew out to good old Hollywood. My dad knew of my Days obsession and when I said, "Oh, by the way,we are going to meet the cast of Days Of Our lives tomorrow", he was impressed but greatly humored me. He didn't know ANY of these people. It was wonderful. It was held in the conference room of the hotel and people from all over the world attended. We, somehow, were at the front row of tables and they introduced the cast one by one to huge rounds of applause. Then we watched a video of the previous years highlights. Then there was a Q&A and other goodies. Now we were ready for the big event.......the stars of Days were ready to meet us and sign autographs. The first person I went to was Eileen Davidson. She was stunning and I was scared to death. I had on a name tag that said "My name is Jamie from Alabama".... Suddenly, I'm standing in front of my daytime hero, Eileen Davidson. We said hello and she signed a picture and all I could say was, "May I please shake your hand?". She says, "Sure.". We shook hands. It NEVER occurred to me to take a picture. GOD what a dork!!!
Then there was Alison Sweeney, eating grapes with a plastic spoon. I couldn't get over how many freckles she had. She didn't have a touch of makeup on and I remember that standing out to me.

Mark Valley was awesome. He wasn't Matthew Ashford, but I remember how sweet he was. He couldn't believe I came all the way from Alabama and was very gracious.

Tanya Boyd (Celeste) was a DOLL!!! She would hang out with fans as they waited in other lines and was just pure joy. She asked our opinions regarding story and asked if we were comfortable, needed anything, etc. She really amazed me.

Everyone was super sweet.......but Bryan Dattilo was obviously ready to go because by the time I got to him, you could tell he was over it. Whatever dude! That was fine because Lauren Koslow and Suzanne Rogers made up for it by being two of the nicest celebrities I've ever met. Total class acts.

The whole day was simply amazing and I'm recounting all of this to encourage you to go. If you EVER have the chance to do something like this, you won't regret it. While the whole cast doesn't seem able to attend this year, it will still be a moment in time you will never forget. I wish I could be there but I look forward to pictures and stories of this years Day Of Days. Oh and...um....to those of you going.....could ya slip in a word for me to Freddie Smith?? Maybe shake his hand, or something......anything! Lol. :)

elizhope
Member Avatar

Wow- Ari too?

So that means Lauren, Ali, Ari and Kristian all wont be there
Edited by elizhope, Nov 4 2011, 02:28 PM.

daisy132

Is it me, or is it bad when the main characters are missing on the day that the show would be promoted most with the GA? JMO, but it doesn't bode well.

SlyestFox
Member Avatar

daisy132
Nov 4 2011, 02:38 PM
Is it me, or is it bad when the main characters are missing on the day that the show would be promoted most with the GA? JMO, but it doesn't bode well.
I mean... A) I don't know that I'd characterize LK as a "main" character, B) Despite her increased prominence in recent years Arianne Zucker isn't really considered one of the faces of Days by any means and C) Plenty of main characters remain - James, Peter, Missy, Matt, Drake and Deidre are all there for instance.

I'm not too worried about it. KA is never there and Ali is only not there because NBC apparently has something else they need her to do.
Edited by SlyestFox, Nov 4 2011, 03:38 PM.

james0479
Member Avatar

SlyestFox
Nov 4 2011, 03:21 PM
daisy132
I mean... A) I don't know that I'd characterize LK as a "main" character, B) Despite her increased prominence in recent years Arianne Zucker isn't really considered one of the faces of Days by any means and C) Plenty of main characters remain - James, Peter, Missy, Matt, Drake and Deidre are all there for instance.

I'm not too worried about it. KA is never there and Ali is only not there because NBC apparently has something else they need her to do.
KA doesn't seem too fond of these things as I've heard she isn't always expected to attend. When I went in '97, she was there for the Q&A, but left ASAP afterward as the other actors were getting ready for the meet and greets. I saw her but couldn't meet her. Christie Clark was also there and left after the Q&A. I suppose a lot of it is scheduling, etc....who knows

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

There seems like there is something off about this year's event. It doesn't seem as hyped up as it has in the past and more cast members are having scheduling issues than usual. I don't know. The whole thing seems alot more disorganized this year. For instance, AZ wasn't coming initially and then said she was and now she isn't. This event was said by the Days of our Lives Twitter to be an NBC event yet NBC pulls AS away a day before it's to happen. I wonder if maybe the marketing people were so focused on the relaunch that everything else fell by the wayside and they didn't do as good of a job as usual in terms of making sure those who aren't coming would actually show up.

The whole thing seems forced this year when usually the cast and show are shouting from the rooftops about it. I mean, I even forgot it was tomorrow until I saw this thread LOL.

LovingDays

im sad that AZ wont be there

james0479
Member Avatar

I agree Tim....something does seem off. It's not like previous years when it was promoted, at least in the soap community, quite heavily. Maybe they should have scheduled it around March 2012 this time....just to let the "reboot" sink in and have time to properly promote the event. I'll be interested to read stories and hear what the turnout will be like. I'd love to go....but I would be disappointed that AZ wouldn't be there. It will still be a fun time. Are any of you guys planning to attend?

lazydazes
Member Avatar

Quote:

B) Despite her increased prominence in recent years Arianne Zucker isn't really considered one of the faces of Days by any means

She is to hordes of AZ fans like me. I've watched the show for over 25 years, and she clearly ranks as my favorite character. Lots of fans are bummed that she won't be there.

daisy132

SlyestFox
daisy132

I consider all of them faces of Days. LK has been on for years, KA is one of the most recognized character on the show and goes hand in hand with Peter, as the two of them form one of the top supercouples of the show. AZ has been heavily casted in the last three years, and most certainly has become a "face of Days" to many people. She has a LOT of fans, myself included, both as an actress and the character she has developed in the past three years. Nicole has become an interesting, layered and a favorite charcter. I'd say that she has grown in leaps and bounds from the Nicole of the old Days.

I just think that the show is going through a "make it or break it" phase, and the show is in real danger of being cancelled, so a full cast support would be important this year since there has been so much hype about the "reset" and "new storylines".
Edited by daisy132, Nov 4 2011, 11:13 PM.

Supergirlx2
Member Avatar
"Right now what I like most about Aiden is Hope" ~ DC

james0479
Nov 4 2011, 03:50 PM
SlyestFox
daisy132

KA doesn't seem too fond of these things as I've heard she isn't always expected to attend. When I went in '97, she was there for the Q&A, but left ASAP afterward as the other actors were getting ready for the meet and greets. I saw her but couldn't meet her. Christie Clark was also there and left after the Q&A. I suppose a lot of it is scheduling, etc....who knows
Kristian isn't fond of what? doing events and meeting her fans?

james0479
Member Avatar

Supergirlx2
Nov 4 2011, 10:25 PM
james0479
Nov 4 2011, 03:50 PM
SlyestFox
daisy132

Kristian isn't fond of what? doing events and meeting her fans?
I didn't mean to imply KA isn't fond of meeting her fans. I've seen where she's been to numerous events and holds her own events while promoting her jewelry line. I shouldve said "didn't seem fond" as I was recounting my own experience. She actually seemed quite nervous which was interesting. I can't single her out, Christie Clark seemed nervous too and didn't stay for the Meet and Greet either. I love KA...just putting that out there as well. Lol.

Schedules conflict as we all know. It's hard to plan to be at a certain place a full year in advance because you never know what the heck will be going on in your life or in your career on that specific day. It would be disappointing to make that trip and not meet your favorites and AZ and LK are two of mine but like others have said, there are plenty more folks to meet. I just hope it's a good turnout and a great safe time for all.

magicsteacher
Member Avatar

PhoenixRising05
Nov 4 2011, 03:51 PM
There seems like there is something off about this year's event. It doesn't seem as hyped up as it has in the past and more cast members are having scheduling issues than usual. I don't know. The whole thing seems alot more disorganized this year. For instance, AZ wasn't coming initially and then said she was and now she isn't. This event was said by the Days of our Lives Twitter to be an NBC event yet NBC pulls AS away a day before it's to happen. I wonder if maybe the marketing people were so focused on the relaunch that everything else fell by the wayside and they didn't do as good of a job as usual in terms of making sure those who aren't coming would actually show up.

The whole thing seems forced this year when usually the cast and show are shouting from the rooftops about it. I mean, I even forgot it was tomorrow until I saw this thread LOL.
I agree that the event has certainly been downplayed this year. Four of Days biggest female actors not attending? That is a shame. I realize it can be a matter of scheduling, but isn't this event scheduled for the same weekend every year? It would seem to me if it is an important event for the show and the GA to attend, then it would be expected that the cast attend unless something very last minute comes up. It is one of the few free events that the GA can attend which in this economy, is certainly nice to have. I am sure there are quite a few fans that are disappointed that they made arrangements to be there and these four stars won't be attending.

IMO, the event isn't all that important to tptb or they wouldn't have pulled AS at the last minute. There maybe a lot of hate for her on this board, but generally speaking, she is a popular, well-liked figure on the show.

Also disappointed to hear that they weren't streaming the event live this year. For many of us who live thousands of miles away, it was a way for us to join in the event and support the show.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums with no limits on posts or members.
Learn More · Sign-up Now
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply