Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
SOD: New Emmy System
Topic Started: Nov 16 2011, 04:40 PM (1,316 Views)
Ellie

http://www.soapoperadigest.com/content/new-emmy-system-revealed

The 2012 Daytime Emmy Awards are going to look very different this year, and Soap Opera Uncensored's Nelson Branco has the scoop straight from the National Academy of Television Arts and Sciences. Some of the changes: There will no longer be a limit to how many actors from one show can submit their name for Emmy consideration in the pre-nomination round in a category. (Previously it was two per show.) Judging pre-nominees hopefuls will take place online and will have a new degree of anonymity. (Meaning actors can no longer just choose a name to vote for because they recognize it.) The top 10 pre-nominees from each category will be announced on March 2, 2012. For Branco's full story, with all of the other tweaks to the Emmy system, go to http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/104307.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Checkers
Member Avatar

They were going to have to implement a new system anyways. There are only four soaps left.

blueskies
Member Avatar

Branco's back???? :drunk: :shame:

Dorothy595
Member Avatar

Maybe Days will finally be recognized.

Mitchapalooza
Member Avatar
Killing myself slowly

Welcome to SOD hitting a new low!

specialcases
Member Avatar

WTF? Nelson Branco wants people to PAY for his "scoops" now? And SOD is advertizing for him???? :OhMy:

darraholic
Member Avatar
The Queen

Anyone that actually pays to read his shit is a moron.

You'd have to pay me to read it.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

It's going to be weird when the Emmys only have four soaps to choose from.

Paul8148

wait there is going to be tens noms for each cag?

Dreamy
Member Avatar

DrewHamilton
Nov 16 2011, 09:30 PM
It's going to be weird when the Emmys only have four soaps to choose from.
Agreed, it won't be the same.

But I hope though, DAYS gets nominations and actually getting some awards after getting snub all the time!

pspcindy
Member Avatar

I do hope the "fixes" will make the awards more than a popularity contest. It would be nice to see Days gets some recognition. I do think they have made vast improvements over the last months. Given the scheduling and budget constraints, the show looks pretty good.

Finally I would love to see a Daytime Awards show, even if it is broadcast in the afternoon, be a homage to Daytime. No Vegas crap, no C list actors, performers eating the show. I want to see the excellent and hard work of daytime honored. Clips people, clips.

Chelsea
Member Avatar

A 5 star rating with only one vote, I bet that one vote was from Nelson himself.

talbab1994
Member Avatar

pspcindy
Nov 17 2011, 12:05 PM
I do hope the "fixes" will make the awards more than a popularity contest. It would be nice to see Days gets some recognition. I do think they have made vast improvements over the last months. Given the scheduling and budget constraints, the show looks pretty good.

Finally I would love to see a Daytime Awards show, even if it is broadcast in the afternoon, be a homage to Daytime. No Vegas crap, no C list actors, performers eating the show. I want to see the excellent and hard work of daytime honored. Clips people, clips.
In regards to the Daytime awards show-- Personally, I would much rather see something that celebrates the daytime community. Even if they have a dinner and then webstream of the ceremony itself than the stuff they've had for the past few years would be great with me. It's sad because there's only going to be 4 daytime serial shows on and all the rest talk, reality and children shows. Do we really want to see who wins between Dr. Phil and The Chew? :shame:

alstonboy4315
Member Avatar
"Even iron bends"..Victoria Rowell

Somehow, this doesn't inspire any confidence in me.................

It's still gonna be boring with the SAME people getting nominated each freaking year. And the Michelle Staffords of the industry will continue to manipulate to keep their co-stars from getting the recognition that they deserve!!!

lightandday
Member Avatar
HBD-Nesta Robert Marley,February 6, 1945 BitchesBrew

alstonboy4315
Nov 18 2011, 06:11 PM

It's still gonna be boring with the SAME people getting nominated each freaking year. And the Michelle Staffords of the industry will continue to manipulate to keep their co-stars from getting the recognition that they deserve!!!
HA!
Posted Image
Gon'On and TELL'IT Brutha Al'B.

Um- I wonder if this the same system Muhney was running his mouthy ass about, how he wanted to champion change with Noms selection process..LMFAO after he didn't win. :teehee: :teehee:

Checkers
Member Avatar

lightandday
Nov 18 2011, 06:56 PM
alstonboy4315

HA!
Posted Image

Um- I wonder if this the same system Muhney was running his mouthy ass about, how he wanted to champion change with Noms selection process..LMFAO after he didn't win. :teehee: :teehee:
Maybe MM will finally get that Emmy nom & win. :eyeroll:

Crazygirl
Member Avatar

Checkers
Nov 18 2011, 07:37 PM
lightandday
Nov 18 2011, 06:56 PM
alstonboy4315

HA!
Posted Image

Maybe MM will finally get that Emmy nom & win. :eyeroll:
Well he has been sucking up to Michelle and CLB on twitter so who knows, maybe he has a chance now :eyeroll:

Eric83
Member Avatar
"Relax nobody's having sex.... at least not yet"

The Emmys are lame.

The 2012 ceremony should be the final one. Give one last tribute to AMC/OLTL (possibly GH) and end it. It has become a bad joke.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · General Daytime News · Next Topic »
Add Reply