Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Locked Topic
SOW: Jack Gets Through to Jennifer; 11/29 Issue
Topic Started: Nov 17 2011, 01:49 AM (12,463 Views)
Kenny
Member Avatar

Jack realizes that his future with Jennifer could be in jeopardy if he continues being dishonest with her. He visits his ex-wife and admits that it was wrong to make her think he was sleeping when she expressed feelings for him at the cabin. "Jack understands why Jennifer is upset with him," acknowledges Matt Ashford. To Jennifer's surprise, Jack volunteers that he has taken her advice to heart and will seek professional help to work through his post-traumatic stress. "Jennifer made a very good point when she told Jack that she couldn't be happy with a man who wasn't happy with himself," recounts Ashford. "It was very deep and insightful, which Jennifer can tend to be."

Melissa Reeves asserts, "Jennifer wants Jack to get well. That's her priority for him. Jack was held prisoner and tortured. Now that he's home, he needs help to work through the experience."

Nevertheless, Jack needs to give Jennifer space so she can explore her feelings. "Jennifer cares about Jack and loves him," confirms the actress. "But she also loves Daniel. She needs time to figure things out. Jennifer is trying hard not to be fickle and shallow. Jack and Daniel are both wonderful men."

Meanwhile, Jack is offered a job at Salem University. "Jack has a positive reaction to the job offer," previews Ashford. "It's a job in Salem, which means he can continue being near Jennifer and their daughter, Abigail."

Abigail, however, isn't sure she wants her father working on campus.

Thanks to FL for the original scan.
Online Profile Goto Top

Spencer Hastings
Member Avatar

:headbang: :headbang: I don't understand this storyline. Jennifer is trying hard not to be fickle and shallow...but that's EXACTLY what she's being. That's the perfect way to describe it. Dan is supposed to be this super cool, ultra laid back, charming and handsome doctor (PUKE) and Jennifer is taking the bait. To heck with the man she's spent most of her life loving. To heck with the father of her children. Who cares if he was held against his will and tortured in Afghanistan? The most important thing here is obviously Jennifer's love affair with Daniel. :bs:
Online Profile Goto Top

Sadie125

Kenny
Nov 17 2011, 01:49 AM

Ummm.... I know of a couple of people who grew up with their parents as professors and they taught at the same school she decided to go to... Abby's attitude sounds very similar....

Mentioned it to a friend and should could understand Abby feeling uncomfortable for you never knew what was being said behind your back and what standards that her parent's colleagues were holding her to.
Offline Profile Goto Top

ChampagneRiver
Member Avatar

Quote:

"Jennifer made a very good point when she told Jack that she couldn't be happy with a man who wasn't happy with himself," recounts Ashford. "It was very deep and insightful, which Jennifer can tend to be."
See, all of you that were raging about what Jennifer said to Jack? Jack didn't mind, he's been listening to her bitch at him like that for 20 years.
Quote:

Jennifer is trying hard not to be fickle and shallow.
There are literally no other words I would use to describe her behavior. Well, except, maybe...juvenile...pathetic...ridiculous...oh, never mind.
Offline Profile Goto Top

happy
Member Avatar

I think this interview was in response to fan reaction. Too late for writers or tptb to clean up the mess. So now the actors are trying to justify it. Sorry, I'm not buying it.

I am escaping into fan fiction. LOL. I've never written fan fiction in my life. But I'm so fed up now that I'm just writing the stories that I want to see for myself. LOL. And I honestly do think i could do be a better job than MarDar, but that's not saying much. ;)
Offline Profile Goto Top

annie21

Sadie125
Nov 17 2011, 02:08 AM
Kenny
Nov 17 2011, 01:49 AM

Ummm.... I know of a couple of people who grew up with their parents as professors and they taught at the same school she decided to go to... Abby's attitude sounds very similar....

Mentioned it to a friend and should could understand Abby feeling uncomfortable for you never knew what was being said behind your back and what standards that her parent's colleagues were holding her to.
I really don't have a problem with the notion that Abigail might not be thrilled to have her dad on campus. It's typical family stuff and not surprising. And maybe part of her issue is that she's always known her dad as a journalist (tv/newspaper). It's an adjustment, and she'll probably come around.

Now, the REST of the article, on the other hand ... :toetap:
Offline Profile Goto Top

happy
Member Avatar

Also, in continuation of my earlier thought that MR/MA are trying to do damage control with fan reaction to Jennifer - MR began tweeting again this week. Again, I think that is her trying to reconnect with fans. She and tptb know that Jennifer is in big trouble.

But once you destroy Humpty Dumpty - there is no putting the yolk back in the egg.

But as a previous J&J fan - I really hope that the writers that replace MarDar (hopefully very soon) figure out a way to do it!
Edited by happy, Nov 17 2011, 02:32 AM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

annie21

happy
Nov 17 2011, 02:19 AM
I think this interview was in response to fan reaction. Too late for writers or tptb to clean up the mess. So now the actors are trying to justify it. Sorry, I'm not buying it.

I am escaping into fan fiction. LOL. I've never written fan fiction in my life. But I'm so fed up now that I'm just writing the stories that I want to see for myself. LOL. And I honestly do think i could do be a better job than MarDar, but that's not saying much. ;)
Happy, I thought the same thing. The reference to her not being "fickle and shallow" was a big clue. But it also matches the eye-rolling MR was doing in her interview at Day of Days. She knows how this makes Jennifer look. It doesn't stop her from trying to sell it. But she knows.
Offline Profile Goto Top

happy
Member Avatar

annie21
Nov 17 2011, 02:31 AM
happy
Nov 17 2011, 02:19 AM

Happy, I thought the same thing. The reference to her not being "fickle and shallow" was a big clue. But it also matches the eye-rolling MR was doing in her interview at Day of Days. She knows how this makes Jennifer look. It doesn't stop her from trying to sell it. But she knows.
Would have been better if she'd tried to sell it by playing more levels and subtext in her acting! :toetap:

But as she's been playing that she LOOOOVES Daniel so much - let her have him!

#FreeJack
Offline Profile Goto Top

AFaithL

You can't really blame MR for acting out what's on paper. Just like you can't blame MA for acting our some of his crappy plots over the years. Hate on Jennifer all you want....but saying that MR isn't bringing subtext when the writing isn't giving her any?
Offline Profile Goto Top

Sadie125

There are seeds for good stories but the depth is not there...

The depth and undercurrents are what are missing the stories. The dialogue is much better but still some inconsistencies and errors in the writing.

I think MarDAr have the lack of experience as HW but have been tainted by REilly
Offline Profile Goto Top

Mitchapalooza
Member Avatar
Killing myself slowly

This storyline is a big MESS...I do like though that Jack will be moving away from Jennifer a bit and getting out there more...the less he is around Jennifer the better, because Jennifer has turned into a TOTAL bitchy shrew of a woman!
Offline Profile Goto Top

SaveDaysNow

Mitchapalooza
Nov 17 2011, 04:23 AM
This storyline is a big MESS...I do like though that Jack will be moving away from Jennifer a bit and getting out there more...the less he is around Jennifer the better, because Jennifer has turned into a TOTAL bitchy shrew of a woman!
I'm not even paying attention to the Jack & Jennifer storyline because I hate what she's become. Total FF material because she was never that much of a bitch or that stupid.
Offline Profile Goto Top

jane1978

This "story" is missing any direction. Itīs the same thing every week. Jack does something to piss Jennifer off, she gets angry, he appologizes and we are back in square#1. And on the Dannifer side itīs the same only Jennifer is the one who has to appologize and beg to be taken back. How exactly they expect anyone will care three months from now?

Now we have played the J/J circle, Iīm pretty sure week after next will be about Jennifer begging Daniel to wait for her. But even after everything she just yelled at Jack she will still not be able to choose him. So, whatīs the point? It would be different if they atleast made clear Jennifer is really with Jack only until he gets better. I donīt want it but atleast we would know what the story is. Right now Iīm not even sure why would Daniel wait.

Oh well, atleast I like where they are going with Jack. He agres with the therapy and he gets a stable job. I donīt mind Abby not welcoming the idea, I think thatīs natural. And I wonder if her sudden crush on Austin and him and Jack working together at SU will eventually result in some big blowout.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Mirage75
Member Avatar

Jennifer is still a raging bitch. Free Jack.
Offline Profile Goto Top

J&J4eva

jane1978
Nov 17 2011, 04:50 AM
This "story" is missing any direction. Itīs the same thing every week. Jack does something to piss Jennifer off, she gets angry, he appologizes and we are back in square#1. And on the Dannifer side itīs the same only Jennifer is the one who has to appologize and beg to be taken back. How exactly they expect anyone will care three months from now?

Now we have played the J/J circle, Iīm pretty sure week after next will be about Jennifer begging Daniel to wait for her. But even after everything she just yelled at Jack she will still not be able to choose him. So, whatīs the point? It would be different if they atleast made clear Jennifer is really with Jack only until he gets better. I donīt want it but atleast we would know what the story is. Right now Iīm not even sure why would Daniel wait.

Oh well, atleast I like where they are going with Jack. He agres with the therapy and he gets a stable job. I donīt mind Abby not welcoming the idea, I think thatīs natural. And I wonder if her sudden crush on Austin and him and Jack working together at SU will eventually result in some big blowout.
Austin so has to be connected to the Hortons and I wouldn't be surprised if Jack found out through Stefano when Abby was sick and this bank account is blackmail money paid to someone who kept quiet. That's why Austin was able to donate his bone marrow to save her. And it's why we have Jack and Austin working together and Abby having a crush on Austin and Jack referencing that time with Jennifer and then possibly with Marlena. Either that or Abby's going to relapse. There's always a reason something keeps being dropped into conversations.
Offline Profile Goto Top

angie37
Member Avatar

Hopefully, Jack will use some of that new salary to buy himself a clue and realize that he deserves sooooo much better than playing this high school game with Jenn, a woman who is making it clear that she prefers to be with Dr. Dan.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Paxton
Member Avatar
Dreaming of a Melanie-free Days

Wow, it sure feels like MA got deputized to rationalize and excuse Jennifer's behavior--"really, everything IS all Jack's fault and Jennifer is super-duper clever and thoughtful and she's right about everything." That just makes it worse, as far as I'm concerned. Why doesn't Jack get to be pissed at what a bitch she's being? I've never been a Jennifer fan in particular but even so I still don't enjoy seeing her be a, yes, shallow and fickle shrew who really just wishes her problem of an ex husband would go away so she can enjoy banging Dr. Cheeto without guilt.
Offline Profile Goto Top

talbab1994
Member Avatar

I've always liked J & J but, with the writing and how things are played out, I almost want Jack away from Jennifer. Give him something and someone else. I can't believe I'm even typing that either. How sad.
Online Profile Goto Top

LanaluvsBroe
Member Avatar

Matthew you are my favorite Days actor and I love you dearly but this is total bullshit.

Quote:

Jack realizes that his future with Jennifer could be in jeopardy if he continues being dishonest with her. He visits his ex-wife and admits that it was wrong to make her think he was sleeping when she expressed feelings for him at the cabin. "Jack understands why Jennifer is upset with him," acknowledges Matt Ashford. To Jennifer's surprise, Jack volunteers that he has taken her advice to heart and will seek professional help to work through his post-traumatic stress. "Jennifer made a very good point when she told Jack that she couldn't be happy with a man who wasn't happy with himself," recounts Ashford. "It was very deep and insightful, which Jennifer can tend to be."

His future with Jennifer is in jeopardy because Jennifer is a dishonest shrew. He apologizes to her? How about SHE apologize to HIM for overreacting to something wasn't even an issue? And isn't it a bit soon for him to want professional help? Just last week he was telling her how he did not want to re-live those memories? Forcing someone to get help before they're ready can be counter-productive. Jack should be seeking help because he honestly realizes that he needs it. Not because his shrew of a ex-wife gave him an ultimatum. He could learn to resent her for this later. And her words were neither deep nor insightful. They were shallow and selfish.

Quote:

Melissa Reeves asserts, "Jennifer wants Jack to get well. That's her priority for him. Jack was held prisoner and tortured. Now that he's home, he needs help to work through the experience."

Right, because yelling at him and throwing out ultimatums is really helping him to get well. Jennifer's priority is Jennifer.

Quote:

Nevertheless, Jack needs to give Jennifer space so she can explore her feelings. "Jennifer cares about Jack and loves him," confirms the actress. "But she also loves Daniel. She needs time to figure things out. Jennifer is trying hard not to be fickle and shallow. Jack and Daniel are both wonderful men."

He has been giving her space from day #1. Daniel is the one calling her when she's with Jack and coming over on Jack's date nights. And fickle and shallow is exactly what Jennifer is!

Quote:

Meanwhile, Jack is offered a job at Salem University. "Jack has a positive reaction to the job offer," previews Ashford. "It's a job in Salem, which means he can continue being near Jennifer and their daughter, Abigail."

Great to see Jack moving on with his life. Screw Abigail.
Edited by LanaluvsBroe, Nov 17 2011, 07:23 AM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Locked Topic