Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Long time viewers, a Horton family question
Topic Started: Nov 18 2011, 12:57 AM (659 Views)
ideal_rain
Member Avatar

I'm currently working on an Alternate Universe fanfic where I rewrote the Daniel as a Horton storyline. I made Daniel Tommy and Marie's son. But I can't find youtube clips of that storyline. I'm wondering what the reactions to the Tommy/Marie storyline were and how it actually played out. I've read summaries on sites like wikipedia and soapnet.com Thanks.

If you wish to read the story, it's at fanfiction.net 'Small Town Tragedy'. Also has Maggie/Victor.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Bright Eyes
Member Avatar

ideal_rain
Nov 18 2011, 12:57 AM
I'm currently working on an Alternate Universe fanfic where I rewrote the Daniel as a Horton storyline. I made Daniel Tommy and Marie's son. But I can't find youtube clips of that storyline. I'm wondering what the reactions to the Tommy/Marie storyline were and how it actually played out. I've read summaries on sites like wikipedia and soapnet.com Thanks.

If you wish to read the story, it's at fanfiction.net 'Small Town Tragedy'. Also has Maggie/Victor.
Tommy and Marie never had sex.

Keith
Member Avatar

Him being Tommy OR Marie's son works fine. But no. Its historical inaccurate for them to have had a child.

ideal_rain
Member Avatar

Keith
Nov 18 2011, 09:47 AM
Him being Tommy OR Marie's son works fine. But no. Its historical inaccurate for them to have had a child.
Ahhh...so it's incredibly Alternate Universe where the author just butchers the real history to suit her own sick purposes. Wait....I'm the same as Dena Higley?! :scared: How did that happened?!

Thanks for answering! :biggrin:

juniorz1
Member Avatar
The Royal Stoner

Ummm, aren't Tommy and Marie brother and sister?!? :blink:

ideal_rain
Member Avatar

juniorz1
Nov 20 2011, 01:50 AM
Yeah....I'm kinda a twisted individual.;) But I grew up watching Days and man the RomanI/RomanII storyline was the turning point. And throw in Chris Kositchek as Roman and I've never been the same!

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

juniorz1
Yeah, but they fell in love while Tommy had amnesia (and after reconstructive plastic surgery) and thought he was Mark Brooks. They couple never slept together, but the realization that she'd fallen in love with her own brother is what eventually sent Marie (who already had a history of mental instability and one suicide attempt in her background) fleeing to the convent.

ideal_rain
Member Avatar

Matt
Nov 20 2011, 02:04 AM
juniorz1
Yeah, but they fell in love while Tommy had amnesia (and after reconstructive plastic surgery) and thought he was Mark Brooks. They couple never slept together, but the realization that she'd fallen in love with her own brother is what eventually sent Marie (who already had a history of mental instability and one suicide attempt in her background) fleeing to the convent.
Which brings up the question, which religion are the Hortons? Because the Bradys are confirmed Catholics as are the Dimeras I think ( I always want a scene where they go to the same service in Salem's only Catholic church. How awkward.), so the Hortons aren't Catholics. Maybe Episcopalian or Protestant?

Jason47
Member Avatar

ideal_rain
Nov 18 2011, 12:57 AM
But I can't find youtube clips of that storyline. I'm wondering what the reactions to the Tommy/Marie storyline were and how it actually played out.
You probably won't be finding any clips of that storyline, since it aired from July 1967 to March 1968. I've never seen anything from that time frame available.

MN's Nice
Member Avatar

There were a lot of casseroles so I'm going to say the Horton's were Lutherans. :)

DOOLfan4ever

Thank you, I started watching the show when Marie was already a nun, didn't know why she was unstable :huh: Marie unknowingly dating her brother solved that quandary :) :wow:

paul89

the show should bring Maria back ! is Tommy still a alive? we need the 3 or 2 kids of Alice and Tom kids i know we dont have mickey and addie but its would be good to have tommy , maria and bill

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Soap Opera History & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply