Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Monday November 21st Daily Discussion
Topic Started: Nov 18 2011, 11:04 AM (32,099 Views)
LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
LUMI

ladyofthelake
Nov 22 2011, 06:26 AM
Damn, I go to bed and miss the whole Lysie scandal. Pooh.
Same here, maybe WE can start something....then all these bitches can fight for US. :D

I once had claiming rights over Lysie's pinky toes, when her and I were battling for Brady's arms (good times)...but I guess times have changed.. :shame:
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Sparrow

meaculpa
Nov 21 2011, 07:14 PM
Sparrow
Nov 21 2011, 05:53 PM
mer4santo
Nov 21 2011, 04:34 PM

Contrary to most of this thread, I'm elated about the ramification of this indiscretion! Let the fall out begin after Sami and EJ squirm for a few months over their secret! Soapy soapy goodness!!
I have a huge crush on the SCANDAL. I have it's poster on my closet door with little hearts drawn all around it.

I think the next few months are going to be so good. And I am possibly the only one who hopes that Sami does get pregnant from the deed. Everyone who knows will keep it a secret: Will won't want Rafe to leave Sami because he is the only stable person in the kids' lives (however you feel about the big lug, he sorta is), Sami won't want to lose Rafe, and EJ won't want to lose the election/Nicole.
I have a huge crush on Lysie. I have her poster on my closet door with little hearts drawn all around it. :wub:
The quote tree that started the SCANDAL scandal.

A little credit where credit is due. :toetap:
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Helpless Romantic

cyndabell
Nov 22 2011, 04:23 AM
magicsteacher
Nov 21 2011, 09:11 PM
mae
Nov 21 2011, 05:30 PM
bryandattilofan
Nov 21 2011, 03:47 PM
is there anywhere I can get clips of angry Will? I don't want to watch the nasty ever. But angry just might be worth looking at. I hope he yells at her one day "Mom, you turned me gay! Do you get that? Its your fault, you and all those men, now, its my turn to stick it to you!"
One, I don't think you can "turn gay."

And two - Please, no. I truly hope they separate any and all stories relating to Sami and Will be gay. I'm hoping the route they take would involve an angle with Marlena and Kate. Even though some hated EJ and Sami's grief sex/whatever it was, at least their affair can be the catalyst to allow Will to get himself out of Sami's life/orbit.

Yes, have Will stick and twist the knife in Sami's heart, but get him away from her don't make this story with Will about Sami. If Sami has any thing to do with the story of Will being gay, make it be on down the road where she realizes that she never expected it and was so full of herself that she never took the time to notice.
Of course, this story is going to be about Sami. It will be about Will, but it will also feature Sami, front and center. We will watch her cover, bob and weave for a few months, acting more and more guilty, pushing Rafe farther and farther away, til it all comes out and Sami loses everything she has always wanted. Then, they can start, as some have said, rebuilding the character of Sami; whatever that will be like, I wouldn 't even venture a guess. We will all watch her beg and grovel for a few more months for Rafe to come back to her, and, in true soapy fashion, they will reunite.

I would like it to be all about Will being gay, but no way will that ever happen.
This is SO NOT going to be about Will. The conspiracy theorist in me thinks that this is exactly how MarDar planned it. Will's story gets "lost in the crowd" by having it intertwined in Sami's mess, and subsequently his story won't be as noticeable by the homophobic viewers. I can now see why they didn't bother to bring Lucas back for Will. It's not about him, but it's about Sami's latest blunder and how he reacts to that. Freddie Smith saying that there will be no Will/Sonny also makes sense for the same reason. FAIL!
When was the last time a story wasn't about Sami? :shame: Everything is always about her these last five years. :puke: What a way to waste the talented actors on someone who is mediocore at best. IF she at least tried to put the effort in like she did before "becoming the it girl" :eyeroll: :puke: She is not though because she does not care and that's why she needs to leave.
Edited by Helpless Romantic, Nov 22 2011, 10:05 AM.

Sindacco
Member Avatar

Just watched yeterdays show, I thought James and Ali were much better than they were on Friday's show. The sex and aftermath all played out good. But it was annoying that Sami went from green nails last week to black on Friday and early Monday only to have blue at later part of Monday's show.

SocRMum1
Member Avatar
Much prefers sweevil, snarky EJ over Father Figure Fucktard Eejiot.

meaculpa
Nov 22 2011, 01:00 AM
SocRMum1
Nov 22 2011, 12:29 AM
MischaD
Nov 21 2011, 11:56 PM
I guess I am trying to find out when the poster and the scandal came into play. I found the rhyming and I am loving that.

LOL - well to make a really convoluted and long story short when Meaculpa jokingly said she keeps a poster of Lysie it made SoapGal jealous because Lysie is her cyber bit on the side. So then Mea mentioned that she also keeps a poster of SoapGal...which is a problem since she's my cyber wife. (In name only...but you know, still that should count for something...) So as you can see...we've got lots of SCANDAL going on here at the DR. :lol:
Always happy to provide a SCANDALOUS diversion from the scrunchyface hotass mess that is Sami.

You're welcome.

PS Pssst, Socrmum... they can try and drag it out of me where I got the posters from, but I'll never tell.
Hmmm...I see you have the potential to be a problem, Mea. These interloper stories never turn out well.

Where is a good doppleganger plant when you need one? :whistle:

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

Maybe Sami was wearing a special nail polish that functions much like a mood ring and changes colors?

px780
Member Avatar
Streetcorner Philosopher

cyndabell
This is SO NOT going to be about Will. The conspiracy theorist in me thinks that this is exactly how MarDar planned it. Will's story gets "lost in the crowd" by having it intertwined in Sami's mess, and subsequently his story won't be as noticeable by the homophobic viewers. I can now see why they didn't bother to bring Lucas back for Will. It's not about him, but it's about Sami's latest blunder and how he reacts to that. Freddie Smith saying that there will be no Will/Sonny also makes sense for the same reason. FAIL!
In a way that makes sense, and if they did it- good for them. I mean, how irrational and messed up would you have to be if you're more bothered by a gay character than these two characters fucking because they think the kid they share is dead?

Same with the network and Corday. If they're willing to let this shit air, a romance between two dudes...it shouldn't even be a discussion point, really.

If that's their logic...I'm impressed.

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
LUMI

px780
Nov 22 2011, 11:37 AM
cyndabell
In a way that makes sense, and if they did it- good for them. I mean, how irrational and messed up would you have to be if you're more bothered by a gay character than these two characters fucking because they think the kid they share is dead?

Same with the network and Corday. If they're willing to let this shit air, a romance between two dudes...it shouldn't even be a discussion point, really.

If that's their logic...I'm impressed.
Or this story can serve as a safety net for Days and the upcoming Will story. If they don't want to go there fully or want to turn back after they have gone there, they have the 'excuse' that will was just 'acting out against his mom', and it was just an 'experimental phase driven by his range and the need to seek revenge on Sami using any means necessary'.....in other words a cheap, cowardly cop out.

px780
Member Avatar
Streetcorner Philosopher

LuvingLumi
Nov 22 2011, 11:39 AM
Or this story can serve as a safety net for Days and the upcoming Will story. If they don't want to go there fully or want to turn back after they have gone there, they have the 'excuse' that will was just 'acting out against his mom', and it was just an 'experimental phase driven by his range and the need to seek revenge on Sami using any means necessary'.....in other words a cheap, cowardly cop out.
That's my fear. That, or they'll blame his being gay on his mother's actions. So he can still be homosexual; people can just take comfort in the idea that he wasn't born this way (after all, he has a girlfriend) he was made gay. And there was some article where they mentioned how Sami developed bulimia after seeing Marlena/John...

I won't even go there. They probably won't either. They're just setting up conversations, I'm sure. I have to hold onto the hope that they're going to do the right thing and just have a character- a real one who has storylines and romances- who happens to be gay. If they can't execute that successfully they don't deserve to be on the air, imho.

Sparrow

Hopefully it will just be a matter of Will pushing Sami away and not letting her be in his life as he's going through this thing. Wouldn't it be awesome if Marlena is the one who mentions something to Sami about Will having a boyfriend, while Sami has no idea at all that he is gay? Sami is a lousy mother, and this would finally drive the point home that she pays no attention to any of her kids, even though all of Salem apparently believes she is mother of the year. I can see Sami possibly blaming herself for making Will gay, thereby providing the coming-out angst that would otherwise be missing. She is, after all, a self-absorbed idiot and would need some way to make this about herself.

james0479
Member Avatar

px780
Nov 22 2011, 12:39 PM
LuvingLumi
That's my fear. That, or they'll blame his being gay on his mother's actions. So he can still be homosexual; people can just take comfort in the idea that he wasn't born this way (after all, he has a girlfriend) he was made gay. And there was some article where they mentioned how Sami developed bulimia after seeing Marlena/John...

I won't even go there. They probably won't either. They're just setting up conversations, I'm sure. I have to hold onto the hope that they're going to do the right thing and just have a character- a real one who has storylines and romances- who happens to be gay. If they can't execute that successfully they don't deserve to be on the air, imho.
Good post.

The mention of Sami getting a serious sickness after witnessing the Jarlena affair from the writers really worried me. Surely they aren't equating homosexuality with a disease. I mean...that's not the way you would want to present this storyline. Will, in my honest belief, is obviously already gay and has been gay since the day he popped out of the vag of destruction. Maybe witnessing it will bring out a different side of him and rightfully so....but who he is has been there the whole time. These writers best not have this all be a result of what he saw rather than who he is. That defeats the purpose.

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
LUMI

james0479
Nov 22 2011, 01:08 PM
px780
Nov 22 2011, 12:39 PM
LuvingLumi

Good post.

The mention of Sami getting a serious sickness after witnessing the Jarlena affair from the writers really worried me. Surely they aren't equating homosexuality with a disease. I mean...that's not the way you would want to present this storyline. Will, in my honest belief, is obviously already gay and has been gay since the day he popped out of the vag of destruction. Maybe witnessing it will bring out a different side of him and rightfully so....but who he is has been there the whole time. These writers best not have this all be a result of what he saw rather than who he is. That defeats the purpose.
I never thought Will was gay until recently.....there are enough conversations between Will and Lucas/Sami over the years specifically when Gerse got enough air time that has him at least showing an interest in girls in his pre-tween/tween years...and even recently during DP's run as Will, there was the girls in Switzerland when he came back that he spoke about, there was Mia...I never thought the kid was gay until his relationship with Gabby started. I've read many posters saying they KNEW Will was gay 2 actors ago and that is frankly just taking the 'actor' Chris and saying that the way he played Will reminded them of a gay tween, but there was never nothing in Will's writing that would make me believe he was gay until Chandler's Will came on....and coincidently around that time the excuse given for recasting Will was that they would be taking the character in a new direction and we know that Chandler has known the direction since February....it fits.

RachelMFan
Member Avatar

Mitchapalooza
Nov 18 2011, 04:04 PM
Bradison is SO hot together...love these two!
I wanna like these 2 because I love Sarah Brown, but I just don't see any chemistry with her&Eric.

RachelMFan
Member Avatar

When I first heard about what was going to happen with EJami, I wasn't happy about it at ALL. (and I'm a fan of theirs) But, I reserved judgement until it started to play out. And as far as first impressions go, I think yesterday's episode was kind of epic. Alison was perfection and James held his own and did some excellent stuff. Chandler has really begun to stand out for me as well.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply