Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Netflix Revives 'Arrested Development'!; It's Official! Show Returns in 2013!
Topic Started: Nov 18 2011, 10:08 PM (568 Views)
KMan101
Member Avatar

http://www.tvguide.com/News/Netflix-Revives-Arrested-Development-1039933.aspx

Netflix has landed the rights to stream new episodes of Arrested Development, Variety reports.

In October, Arrested creator Mitch Hurwitz announced that the sitcom would return for one abbreviated season, focusing on what the characters have been doing since the show was canceled in 2006. Showtime was reportedly a contender as a new home for Arrested, but Netflix won the bidding war, which will see new episodes of the series on the streaming service in 2013.

"Arrested Development is one of the finest American comedies in TV history and its return through Netflix is a perfect example of how we are working closely with studios and networks to provide consumers with entertainment they love,'" said Ted Sarandos, Netflix Chief Content Officer.

In a joint statement, Hurwitz, Howard and Brian Grazer said of the deal: "Bringing a series back from cancellation almost never happens, but then, Arrested always was about as unconventional as they get, so it seems totally appropriate that this show that broke the mold is smashing it to pieces once again."

While it's unclear what this means for the possible movie that Hurwitz said would follow the return of Arrested, executive producer Ron Howard recently assured TVGuide.com that every cast member is interested in doing the show.

The show premiered in 2003, and was canceled after only three seasons despite its cult following.

Will you watch Arrested Development on Netflix?
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Bright Eyes
Member Avatar

Fuck yes.

Mitchapalooza
Member Avatar
Killing myself slowly

WOO HOO!

But how are they going to be able to get everyone back?

KMan101
Member Avatar

Only Will Arnett is in a series and I'm sure it could be worked around his schedule. Michael Cera might be "too busy". (lol) I don't think anyone else would be a problem.
Edited by KMan101, Nov 21 2011, 08:11 PM.

Mitchapalooza
Member Avatar
Killing myself slowly

Michael Cera will most definitely not be coming back and it sucks about Will Arnett.

Mitchapalooza
Member Avatar
Killing myself slowly

Does anyone know if this will be available to Netflix Canada as well? It just dawned on me that this may be a Netflix US thing only :(

KMan101
Member Avatar

Hmm. Not sure. Great question.

Angie79
Member Avatar
Royal Reporter

I just started watching this show. I have only seen two episodes so far. I am a big Jason Bateman fan so I figured I would love it, and I do!
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Join the millions that use us for their forum communities. Create your own forum today.
Learn More · Register Now
« Previous Topic · Primetime News & Spoilers · Next Topic »
Add Reply