Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Elisabeth Shue to replace Marg Helgenberger on 'CSI'
Topic Started: Nov 18 2011, 10:13 PM (643 Views)
KMan101
Member Avatar

http://insidetv.ew.com/2011/11/18/elisabeth-shue-marg-helgenbergerjoins-csi/

Posted Image

Marg Helgenberger may be leaving CSI in January but the veteran procedural found a pretty cool way to make up for the loss: The network announced today that Elisabeth Shue (Leaving Las Vegas) will join the show as a series regular.

She’ll play a CSI who just completed anger management training. Her character will be introduced in the episode airing Feb. 15.

“While it’s difficult to say goodbye to a beloved character like Catherine Willows, it’s exciting to start a journey with a new CSI, especially when that character is played by Elisabeth Shue,” said executive producer Carol Mendelsohn in a statement. “The new CSI also struggles with brutal honesty issues and suffers no fools.”

“Elisabeth’s character will share a past, in another crime lab, with Ted Danson’s character [D.B. Russell],” added executive producer Don McGill in a statement. “The first time things didn’t go so well between the two of them. Maybe the second time’s the charm, or not.”

For years, the broadcast networks have been trying to find a star vehicle for Shue, whose previous film credits include Adventures in Babysitting and The Karate Kid. She was an early contender for The Good Wife and most recently, was eyed to play Tim Allen’s wife in Last Man Standing.

Shue stars in the upcoming film House at the End of the Street opposite Jennifer Lawrence that’ll premiere in April. She’s also filming Of Men And Mavericks opposite Gerard Butler.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

lightandday
Member Avatar
HBD-Nesta Robert Marley,February 6, 1945 BitchesBrew

Talk about a Show that went from Sweet Sugar to Stank Shit it would be THIS CSI and Ted Danson rectangle headed ass getting the part was FUCKING Brilliance`NOT! I can't believe what's become of CSI I use too rushed home when it first started ( :wub: Grissom & Warrick :wub2: ).
Let'em continue with their character REPLACEMENT KILLAS, because I don't see the show staying afloat much longer.

Thanx 4Posting KMan!

Bremol
Member Avatar

They should have just ended the show when Grissom left. Good grief what a mess.

Bright Eyes
Member Avatar

I would never waste my time watching a procedural, but I do love me some ELIZABETH SHUE! so good for her.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Mitchapalooza
Member Avatar
Killing myself slowly

Elisabeth Shue KICKS ALL ASS!

Jack&Jenforever

I tried to keep watching when Grissom left and I just couldn't. I just can muster up the enjoyment of the show anymore.

Dakota
Member Avatar
World Cup June 12, 2014- July 13, 2014

I will give her a try, but come on their is only one Grissom and only one MH.

Drew
Member Avatar

Why would she do CSI and not the Good Wife? That just seems idiotic. The Good Wife would have been a solid platform to showcase her and relaunch her as a relevant actress again.

CSI on the other hand?? Did people who don't watch it even know Ted Danson was on it now?

Alin89
Member Avatar

they should just cancel this show.

King
Member Avatar

I know I am so late to this party, but I LOVE her.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · Primetime News & Spoilers · Next Topic »
Add Reply