Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Tuesday November 29th Daily Discussion
Topic Started: Nov 28 2011, 09:15 AM (8,894 Views)
DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

I liked Sami refusing to take EJ's concern for Nicole finding out seriously in comparison to Rafe, her HUSBAND. Hardly the same, especially considering who Nicole is and what she's done in her past when she was married.

Marlena and Will's scenes continue to impress me. They're just so comfortable with each other. You would think Hall and Massey have been acting with each other for years.

I'm still enjoying Quinn. I like that he's figuring into various stories and supporting them. Could be a good way at incorporating the character without making fans feel that he's taking over. It's working so far with me.

I also liked Carrie and Rafe's scenes. Carrie did seem to keep on Rafe about what he thinks Sami will say when she finds out they're working closely together. It's almost as if Carrie wants to continue to work with Rafe to taunt Sami.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

jonphil25

DrewHamilton
Nov 29 2011, 10:31 PM
I liked Sami refusing to take EJ's concern for Nicole finding out seriously in comparison to Rafe, her HUSBAND. Hardly the same, especially considering who Nicole is and what she's done in her past when she was married.

Marlena and Will's scenes continue to impress me. They're just so comfortable with each other. You would think Hall and Massey have been acting with each other for years.

I'm still enjoying Quinn. I like that he's figuring into various stories and supporting them. Could be a good way at incorporating the character without making fans feel that he's taking over. It's working so far with me.

I also liked Carrie and Rafe's scenes. Carrie did seem to keep on Rafe about what he thinks Sami will say when she finds out they're working closely together. It's almost as if Carrie wants to continue to work with Rafe to taunt Sami.
I got the feeling too that Carrie doesn't really care if it bothers Sami if she works with Rafe, and I liked that a lot. I'm still all about Carrie getting the better of Sami.

tomsawyer
Member Avatar

I agree that the spa set sucks - they didn't bother to try to make it look like a spa. I am liking NuQuinn ten times better though. I'm just going to pretend he wasn't on the show before.

Rafe is still as dumb as ever. He's so miscast as a hero. They really need to play him for laughs. The dumb, lovable, hot guy. It worked for Joey. CC was great in the scenes though. I'm liking Carrie more than I ever have before. She seems smarter and less generic.

Ejami scenes were interesting. I see no love between them, but I also don't see indifference. Both still have a need to tweek the other person and a few facial expressions here and there show they can still get to each other.

Will and Marlena scenes were great. CM is such a good little actor. I really like watching him and DH together. More than anything, it's clear that I'm going to enjoy him turning on Sami. It is so appropriate given their history and everything that Will said today rang true.

Nicole and Patti scenes sucked. Mostly because Patti sucks. But also because they were all about convincing Nicole to trust someone she shouldn't trust.

Maybe it's because I've seen so many EJ declarations of love for different women in the last 18 months, but I just don't buy them anymore. JS could pull off the hopelessly-in-love crap in 2007 when he was a young pup and EJ hadn't been around the block so many times, but I haven't bought him being in love since 2008. He's my favorite character so I'd like to see him be convincing in a love story, but I'm starting to doubt that I can anymore. Even when he says the words now, he just sounds calculating. That was true with Sami last year, Taylor earlier this year, and now with Nicole. It's not the women, it's EJ/JS.

Tammy
Member Avatar

I don't get why Marlena keeps talking to Will, like Will doesn't know that she and John had an affair, and THAT is the "issue" that Sami has had with J&M for almost 20 years! I understand not wanting to discuss that with you grandson... but she acts like he doesn't even know!

Sami: "I swore I would never be like my mother... and now I am just like her." My dear... even if you had a lobotomy that wouldn't be true!

And the fact that EJ called Sami "young lady" creeps me out. Hey EJ she may act like a whiny 5 year old... but she's not your kid. And it you want to be technical and forget the re-written history... she was 20 something when you were a implanted embryo in your mamma's womb.

Kevc1980
Member Avatar

Really good show today...Loved the Marlena and Will scenes..This is the best Marlena has been written ages...Love seeing her interact with Will today and Jack tomorrow..And hearing she has scenes with Nicole soon makes me happy...

Also, I really enjoy Rafe and Carrie together..Can't wait for Sami's secret to come out, so Rafe can pursue Carrie..

Loved Nicole's scenes today..Ari Zucker is just incredible..And Quinn is pretty sexy..I think it helps that I never watched his first run. I like the chemistry he has with all the ladies so far...

EJ and Nicole have so much damm chemistry. And I love that MarDar are writing them as a viable couple..

The Room Stops
Member Avatar

lysie
Nov 29 2011, 10:29 PM
I thought about that today, too. We didn't get to see much of Marlena with Eric, and the stuff with Brady was ever changing. We saw a lot of her with all three girls, though. It's kind of interesting to see her with a boy. Refreshingly, it's not all that different.
Well, we saw her parenting Brady quite a lot during the 90s. Of course, they just ignored all that in 2000 and 2001, but we saw it.

I love Marlena in mama!mode too. The whole "may" thing is a Deidre thing. She does that. They had a few moments where she had that with Belle and Brady, both when they were young and older.

Also, I just have to say... Deidre Hall look absolutely beautiful today. That coat was lovely, the scarf was a beautiful color, and her hair looked good.
Edited by The Room Stops, Nov 30 2011, 12:25 PM.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Join the millions that use us for their forum communities. Create your own forum today.
Learn More · Sign-up for Free
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply