Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Locked Topic
TV Guide: Coming out in Salem; Dec 5th print issue
Topic Started: Nov 28 2011, 07:16 PM (11,660 Views)
IMissAremid
Member Avatar
After all... tomorrow is another day!

Quote:

"It turns into this master-slave relationship."

KINKY!!!

:laugh:

But seriously, this sounds very intriguing and I disagree with those who have a problem with the show acting as if Marlena is the only one he feels like he can tell.

With Caroline, she might tell Sami. Kate would never keep something like this from Lucas. But Marlena, because she is a doctor who understands the importance of confidentiality and because of her distant relationship with Sami, could be more likely to keep a lid on something like this if that's what Will wanted.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Twilightsucks
Member Avatar

I dont feel sorry for Will. People who live in glass houses. Not that being gay is a bad secret. compared to cheating. EJ is desperate to keep Nicole and he would do anything to keep him quiet. Play with the big boys and you gonna get burned.
Offline Profile Goto Top

tomsawyer
Member Avatar

MyHappyEnding
Nov 28 2011, 07:24 PM
Ellie
Nov 28 2011, 07:16 PM
Come January, the soap's archvillain, EJ, will try to use Will's secret to his advantage. "Will wants to leave Salem, so he tries to blackmail EJ into giving him money," says Massey. "But EJ turns the tables on Will and threatens to reveal he's gay. It turns into this master-slave relationship."

Guess this is just another "issue" that EJ/Sami will have to "resolve" when they finally come back together as a couple.

"You blackmailed my son by threatening to tell the whole town he was gay......but, that was just for his own good since he was acting out and you were trying to help.....let's kiss."
Hell, Sami is such an awful mother that she would probably agree with EJ's decision to shut up Will just so she can hang on to Rafe.
Offline Profile Goto Top

JackN'Jen
Member Avatar

LOVE LOVE LOVE THIS! Especially the part of Will getting drunk and bashing Sami in front of the whole family :rockon: CAN'T WAIT! And YAY for more Will/Marlena scenes :D

The only thing that would make this better is having Lucas back, or at least involving Kate and Roman in it. Will's clearly struggling and needs all the family support he can get.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Paxton
Member Avatar
Dreaming of a Melanie-free Days

Aldo
Nov 28 2011, 07:35 PM
Paxton
Nov 28 2011, 07:20 PM
Oh, and I just noticed the picture caption: so Will is out kissing a boy after EJ threatens to expose him?
Sonny spots Will kissing a guy not EJ, which brings the question of how EJ is going to find out about Will.
I understand that. My point is that from what I understood of the chronology, the hold EJ has over Will not exposing his own gross secret is that Will doesn't want EJ telling everyone he's gay. If that's what Will is concerned about, then him kissing a boy in public would seem to eliminate EJ's leverage.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Casey
Member Avatar
#BringBackMartha

Sounds good! I really think Chandler will do a great job.

I just wish that Lucas was around. He's a missing element in the story.
Offline Profile Goto Top

NocturnalBlondie
Member Avatar
Make EJ/Abby happen, DAYS!

mrfixit
Nov 28 2011, 07:32 PM
It's something that Sonny is the one who spots Will kissing a boy. Who's Will kissing?
Probably that Queer Eye for the Straight Guy dude, who tweeted about getting a role a few months ago.
Offline Profile Goto Top

tomsawyer
Member Avatar

Paxton
Nov 28 2011, 07:41 PM
Aldo
Paxton
Oh, and I just noticed the picture caption: so Will is out kissing a boy after EJ threatens to expose him?
Sonny spots Will kissing a guy not EJ, which brings the question of how EJ is going to find out about Will.
I understand that. My point is that from what I understood of the chronology, the hold EJ has over Will not exposing his own gross secret is that Will doesn't want EJ telling everyone he's gay. If that's what Will is concerned about, then him kissing a boy in public would seem to eliminate EJ's leverage.
I wonder if that is why the Ejami secret comes out. That is, people see Will kissing the guy. Then, he realizes his secret is out and he has nothing to lose, so he outs his mom and EJ.
Offline Profile Goto Top

SlyestFox
Member Avatar

This all sounds great, it's just ridiculous that Lucas isn't here for it.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Abbismom
Member Avatar

dc cubs
Nov 28 2011, 07:28 PM
I'm torn on this and will have to see how it plays out. My first thought is to agree with Paxton. How is this not a dark story? No surprise that KC lied again.

I agree with Mitch that this is definitely not an after school presentation. Most of the gay stories on soaps have been afraid to take chances. However, my problem is the reference is that Will goes evil because he's gay. I will have to wait and see how much of this is because of his sexuality and how much is because of his mother's actions regarding the Ejami sex.

Yeah, and the reference that Will only has Marlena in his corner is ludicrous. There is Kate, Caroline and a whole host of other people that Will can turn to with his issues.
I agree that most soaps with gay storylines have been afraid to take chances, and I'm happy to see DOOL isn't going the politically correct route. Hell, life isn't PC!! I don't necessarily think Will goes evil because he's gay - he saw his mom cheating on his step-father and he is fighting feelings he doesn't understand and, it sounds like, doesn't 100% accept within himself. I actually find this dark, upsetting dilemma very realistic. And, I think CM has the acting chops to pull it off!!
Offline Profile Goto Top

NocturnalBlondie
Member Avatar
Make EJ/Abby happen, DAYS!

I'm hoping Will going darker and darker, will lead to a culminating point, with Lucas returning home. Won't hold my breath with these douchebags though!
Offline Profile Goto Top

Aldo
Member Avatar

Paxton
Nov 28 2011, 07:41 PM
Aldo
Paxton
I understand. Your point sounds realistic.
If Will will kiss for the first time a man in late February, I can't think of ways for EJ to know about Will's secret in January if the article says that he hasn't even admitted what is obvious to Marlena. I suppose that Will confess to someone and EJ overhears? Strange.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Twilightsucks
Member Avatar

Sonny would never out Will. He would respect his wish to stay in the closet. No one should ever make that choice for someone else.
Offline Profile Goto Top

WGuyMd35

It says Will kisses a boy during a drinking game. He will probably be drunk and kiss him on a dare. I doubt it's a secret boyfriend.

EJ will likely overhear Gabi telling someone she thinks Will is gay.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Grandpa Hughes
Member Avatar
WANDERING Minstrel!

I understand SOME of the "dark story" complaints but when Higley was writing, it was more MURKY than dark! It is a soap and I don't mind some sweetness and light, romance etc.! But I'd watch "WALTONS" reruns if I wanted a light touch to everything! This sounds realistic and I'm glad it isn't going to be "Hey! I'm Gay!""It's okay!"! That certainly hasn't been the scenario I've seen over the years for the most part! Fair point about Kate or Lucas bankrolling the kid but I think his going to EJ is a way to get "payback" for sexing his mom! So far, from everything I've read above, it sounds like they're gonna do this "right"!
Offline Profile Goto Top

px780
Member Avatar
Streetcorner Philosopher

Yeah, I dunno. I'm biased because I don't generally get into coming out stories. I'd rather just have a character be gay and get on with what else they do with their lives. I'd rather Will be interning with Kate at CW while (to get back at his mother, maybe earn money to flee town) while scheming to land some dude than battling it out with EJ (I think Will has the clear advantage, especially if EJ is mayor at that point).

My main thought reading this article is that it speaks volumes about daytime soaps if this story as-described is somehow balls-y, because I'm just not seeing that. I see potentially good soap drama that could be Reilly-ian in its length (if we're still revealing it in pieces at the end of February). But I don't see anything all that bold.

I'm curious to see how it goes, though.
Offline Profile Goto Top

nadiagunness
Member Avatar

Will's gonna trash his mom!?...Sami Brady had that coming for a long time! The only reason someone stated that Will only has Marlena is because she is the only person he feels he can trust plus she is a shrink and confidentiality is something she has maintained in her many years as a doctor even while counseling family members!!
Offline Profile Goto Top

Mitchapalooza
Member Avatar
Killing myself slowly

I think Lucas will be brought back towards the end of all this...when Will trashes his life and ends up in the gutter...Lucas will come back and help him/shape him back up/help him get his shit together.

Edited by Mitchapalooza, Nov 28 2011, 08:05 PM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

shipperx
Member Avatar

The actor playing Will has been doing such a good job lately, that I'm looking forward to how he handles the angst and rebellion. I think he has the chops to make it work.
Offline Profile Goto Top

tabbycat6248

Mitch, I really hope you're right, that Lucas will be back sooner rather than later. I'm hoping someone will eventually tell Lucas that his son needs him ASAP.
Edited by tabbycat6248, Nov 28 2011, 08:11 PM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Locked Topic