Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Wednesday November 30th Daily Discussion
Topic Started: Nov 29 2011, 09:11 AM (15,337 Views)
DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

Tammy
Dec 1 2011, 12:13 AM
Did they get rid of Bo & Hope's house? I mean I have't seen that set at ALL!
I don't think it's been seen since the reset, so who knows. The hospital hasn't either.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

jane1978

AHM
Dec 1 2011, 12:24 AM
shipperx
Nov 30 2011, 11:40 PM
Mitchapalooza
Nov 30 2011, 09:01 PM
What if she can be redeemed for her behaviour....would you still not want her back with Jack?

Trust me, I want her NO WHERE NEAR Jack right now...I actually want her to pick Daniel....but I also want them to salvage Jennifer, she is too important to DAYS history to waste on Daniel.

If Jack can be redeemed for rape and still have support...Jennifer can come back from this!
Could she be redeemed? Yes.

Will she be? Doubtful, because honestly, I've never had the impression that they think she ever does anything that needs redemption. It's hard to have a redemption story when no one acknowledges she's done anything wrong.
See, that's my fear.

I'm not sure what they're trying to accomplish with Jennifer. If the plan is to bring her low with stuff like today and to let her fall and to make her examine why she's trying to make something out of the Daniel fantasy and wake up to the fact that she wasn't there for Jack, the man she has always loved and still loves, and then if she has to fight for Jack after he's put up the barriers where she's concerned, because she's fallen from grace in his eyes---I think we'd have a heckuva story. But I'm not sure that's the plan. See, it's the trust I don't have in the writers at this point to just tell a deep, character based/history based story and my concern that they'll be unwilling to smack "Dannifer" supporters in the face to do so. I thought Jennifer acting like a schoolgirl juxtaposed with Jack's trauma and his talk of wanting to get back to his family really made her look terrible, and I thought, there's got to be a point. But, as I know there are tweets and posts about Jennifer being shallow and awful today, there are also comments about how darn "cute" Dannifer were today. Could the plan be to try to break Jack and Jennifer for good by making those who love Jack despise Jennifer? It seems ridiculous that they'd want to do that to sell "Dannifer," but I don't know. And Melissa Reeves is not playing this in a Jack and Jennifer friendly way. I know that the writing is what it is, but she's not giving nuance to make us question her love for Dan. I question it because I never saw it form, and they just started saying it, but she's playing it like Jennifer's smitten. We're not seeing that with Jack and Jennifer, but that could fit if they go where I want them to go, but at the same time, it makes me doubt that they will.

Yeah, I'd love a DR interview with Melissa Reeves.
This is a very good post. But as objective as I can be I really donīt see much signs MarDar are interested in writing for Dannifer as couple. There are many scenarios they could take to have people root for them while still keeping Jennifer in a relatively sympathetic mode. At first I was afraid they will go that route after Jackīs PTSD was revealed and Dannifer had their painfull breakup over the kiss. But they apparently made up offscreen and went right back into the kissy kissy mode again. Once again they arenīt giving them anything serious to deal with and the constant making out is really more a sign of desperation. Does that mean they are purposefully making Jennifer look bad? Hard to tell. But there has to be a reason why they choose this route. If they wanted people to simply root for Dannifer and finish J/J they would have both Jack and Jennifer act completely different.

I think part of the problem with this story is really Missy and how she chooses to interpret her scenes. And you can tell even from the interviews she is confused. If she acted the scenes with Jack differently we would really see the woman torn between two men. But unfortunatelly she plays the scenes as she sees them and she apparently believes Jennifer is really in love with Daniel and Jack is just a blast from past complicating things.

karoline
Member Avatar

Watched the scenes again. gawd, Deidre and Matt are so awesome!
Edited by karoline, Dec 1 2011, 03:23 AM.

karoline
Member Avatar

lysie
Nov 30 2011, 06:07 PM
John and Marlena's wedding picture has gotten a lot of action the last couple of days.
I am just looking foward to The actual John & Marlena getting some action ;)

Mitchapalooza
Member Avatar
Killing myself slowly

I also vote for the DR trying to snag an interview with Missy Reeves...she is the #1 person from DAYS that I would think the DR needs to get to the bottom of a few things...the J&J fanbase is dying over here :)

Evan
Member Avatar

Jennifer being trashed doesn't distress me that much - I've always been more of a Jack fan than a Jennifer fan, and Jennifer was only likeable to me when she was romantically linked to Jack.
The idea of Jack walking away from Jennifer of his own volition - I find that very appealing. Jack rebuilding his life & career & his relationship with Abby - those are the things he needs to focus on, and leave Jennifer to indulge in her cookie cutter, fantasy life with Dr Fake Tan.

peaches179

karoline
Dec 1 2011, 03:25 AM
lysie
Nov 30 2011, 06:07 PM
John and Marlena's wedding picture has gotten a lot of action the last couple of days.
I am just looking foward to The actual John & Marlena getting some action ;)

I hope we continue to see her interact with other characters. The last couple of shows have been wonderful to watch her in.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

peaches179

JackN'Jen
Nov 29 2011, 01:36 PM
sals4
Nov 29 2011, 01:14 PM
Hi All.....Today was mixed....as equally fantastic as it was "shoot me" .Jack was spectacular..he as usual brought me to tears..really opened up to Marlena. Marlena was so supportive and got to Jack in a very special way, like with Drake, he a Marlena have great chemistry.(Ironically at this point he has chemistry with all but Jennifer)I wish he would have just shone on his own without having Jenn and Daniel in other scenes making my blood boil. Now as the spoilers stated it was suppost to be ONE freaking kiss by a "fire". There was no fire and they were making out the whole f****** episode, she was all over him like a desperate teenager. Raving to hope about how dreamy he is...that she once knew that Jack was the only one she could love..but now she is unsure..Daniel finds a wedding picture of JNJ and Jennifer is simply HORRIFIED. One of my fellow JnJ..or mourning JnJ fans please put a rose on Jennifer's tombstone for me.I don't know if they're just dumb, or there is some strategy in pissing off the fans by putting traumatic scenes of Jack alongside that Jen and Daniel lovefest. Anyways...Madison and Brady had some steamy scenes...however Madison put the breaks on before the deed was done. so castlist for today (I think that was the request) Was Jack, Marlena(fantastic) Jenn, Daniel(Barfalicious), Bo, Hope, Madison, Brady (steamy).
OMG! Was she trying to explain to Daniel as to why she married Jack, just like she had to explain why she kissed him?

Your banner is BEAUTIFUL!!! :wub:

DesignatedShelley
Member Avatar

jonphil25
Nov 30 2011, 09:50 PM
I've been very positive about the show, but I'm still clueless what they want me to feel about Jennifer. I have always loved her, and I don't want to hate her right now, but even positive me is having trouble understanding her right now. I also feel like this is deliberate by the writers, but to what purpose I don't know. I did say that I didn't want Jack and Jennifer to get back together for a while...I wanted angst, but I didn't want to feel like slapping one of my favorite characters. Otherwise, I enjoyed the show. Intrigued by the mystery, loved the scenes with Jack and Marlena, and thought Brady and Madison were hot! I'm also enjoying that we are getting scenes of characters outside their own stories: Marlena/Will, Marlena/Jack, Jack/John, Jennifer/Nicole tomorrow; the writers are doing a much better job of this than we have seen in a long time.
This is how I feel, except I don't know if it is a deliberate thing on the writers' part.

I have to agree with the crowd and wonder if Missy just doesn't get what to do. Maybe she likes working with SC so much that it becomes this Jennifer we're seeing. Sometimes I get the feeling that her personal feelings really guide her acting choices regardless of what is in or out of character.

I don't hate Jennifer for being more into Daniel than Jack. I just would rather not watch this triangle go on and on when it's really not an equal triangle at all. Nothing I see on screen tells me why she doesn't just go with Daniel, because on screen it is obvious she enjoys his company more, is more afraid of losing him, etc. I don't get this confusion she keeps talking about, she doesn't seem very torn at all. If she doesn't love Jack any more (the way Hope loves Bo, etc) then just move on. This isn't even a tragic and angsty goodbye, it's just bizarre in light of the way the couple was sold to the audience before. I'm not going to say I never want to see them together again, but I certainly just don't care any more, not so long as Jennifer/Missy doesn't seem to love Jack much at all.

She seems to feel guilty only when Jack makes Daniel insecure, not if Daniel ever makes Jack feel insecure. She just wants to hold on to Daniel. And then they write lines expressing Jennifer's conflicted feelings, but that just doesn't show. At most, she's conflicted between being all lovey dovey with Daniel and with the possibility of giving Jack another shot out of obligation or something. This isn't what I really wanted to see in terms of a love story, even a love story that has obstacles, because there's just no love in one leg of the triangle.

So, yeah. Just let her choose Daniel and make this end, I'm tired of watching her hold on to them both.

Helpless Romantic

billyjill
Dec 1 2011, 10:36 AM
jonphil25
Nov 30 2011, 09:50 PM
I've been very positive about the show, but I'm still clueless what they want me to feel about Jennifer. I have always loved her, and I don't want to hate her right now, but even positive me is having trouble understanding her right now. I also feel like this is deliberate by the writers, but to what purpose I don't know. I did say that I didn't want Jack and Jennifer to get back together for a while...I wanted angst, but I didn't want to feel like slapping one of my favorite characters. Otherwise, I enjoyed the show. Intrigued by the mystery, loved the scenes with Jack and Marlena, and thought Brady and Madison were hot! I'm also enjoying that we are getting scenes of characters outside their own stories: Marlena/Will, Marlena/Jack, Jack/John, Jennifer/Nicole tomorrow; the writers are doing a much better job of this than we have seen in a long time.
This is how I feel, except I don't know if it is a deliberate thing on the writers' part.

I have to agree with the crowd and wonder if Missy just doesn't get what to do. Maybe she likes working with SC so much that it becomes this Jennifer we're seeing. Sometimes I get the feeling that her personal feelings really guide her acting choices regardless of what is in or out of character.

I don't hate Jennifer for being more into Daniel than Jack. I just would rather not watch this triangle go on and on when it's really not an equal triangle at all. Nothing I see on screen tells me why she doesn't just go with Daniel, because on screen it is obvious she enjoys his company more, is more afraid of losing him, etc. I don't get this confusion she keeps talking about, she doesn't seem very torn at all. If she doesn't love Jack any more (the way Hope loves Bo, etc) then just move on. This isn't even a tragic and angsty goodbye, it's just bizarre in light of the way the couple was sold to the audience before. I'm not going to say I never want to see them together again, but I certainly just don't care any more, not so long as Jennifer/Missy doesn't seem to love Jack much at all.

She seems to feel guilty only when Jack makes Daniel insecure, not if Daniel ever makes Jack feel insecure. She just wants to hold on to Daniel. And then they write lines expressing Jennifer's conflicted feelings, but that just doesn't show. At most, she's conflicted between being all lovey dovey with Daniel and with the possibility of giving Jack another shot out of obligation or something. This isn't what I really wanted to see in terms of a love story, even a love story that has obstacles, because there's just no love in one leg of the triangle.

So, yeah. Just let her choose Daniel and make this end, I'm tired of watching her hold on to them both.
Yep and as much as she says she "hates" holding them both on a string , the bitch LOVES it. So I want Jack to dump her and leave her head spinning. She has blamed him and put him down in favour of Dr.bronzetan ENOUGH. So instead of Jennifer having the power Jack would in walking away and telling her to cut the innocent act and I would love LOVE if he tells her to her smug face that HE was let down by HER too. Though the admission to Marlena was a beautiful first step and that he will not play her emotional games either. So she can't choose? Well the choice would be made by JACK. After all Jack just seems to be an irritation to her now.
Edited by Helpless Romantic, Dec 3 2011, 08:44 PM.

LanaluvsBroe
Member Avatar

Jack is upset that he didn't get to spend Thanksgiving with JJ, his son.

Jennifer is upset because she didn't get to spend Thanksgiving with Daniel.

Which one is the better parent? That's right, the one that spent the last year in a cave while the one who had her freedom didn't give a flying FUCK.
Edited by LanaluvsBroe, Dec 1 2011, 12:07 PM.

Dreamer
Gone, But Not Forgotten!

The Room Stops
Nov 30 2011, 08:52 PM
J&JMagic
Nov 30 2011, 08:17 PM

Matthew Ashford was wonderful. I was glued to the scenes. Deidre Hall did a wonderful job in the scenes as well. I wish that I had a Marlena in my life...
Isn't it sad when Marlena is more in tune with Jack than Jennifer?
I hope Marlena is the one to bitch Jennifer out over her treatment of Jack. DH can do it tactfully, classify and believable. It would a great seen to watch.

Evan
Member Avatar

It'd be refreshing if Jennifer could lose her halo, and the good citizens of Salem stopped treating her like she's the good little Horton girl, who can do no wrong.

Kevc1980
Member Avatar

The Jack and Marlena scenes are some of the best I've seen on the show in a very long time..Fantastic stuff..Kudos to Matt, Deidre, and MarDar..

Also, enjoying the Susan twist and Brady and Madison are so hot...Daniel and Jennifer are so awful together..Can't stand them...

maverick
Member Avatar

DrewHamilton
Dec 1 2011, 01:11 AM
Tammy
Dec 1 2011, 12:13 AM
Did they get rid of Bo & Hope's house? I mean I have't seen that set at ALL!
I don't think it's been seen since the reset, so who knows. The hospital hasn't either.
It hasn't been seen since April and doubtful that it will be seen for a while. This has to be the longest the show has gone with that set not used.

Tom

Just based on the all the anti-Jennifer remarks, I'd say these writers are geniuses!
Indeed, viewers are throwing those sandwiches at the TV. And Jennifer's cruising for a major downfall. It's perfectly scripted!

lovethesopas

I just have to say i finally saw this episode on you tube.. was blown away by both deidre hall and matt ashford. their interaction was intense and dramatic. the character of marlena was so sympathetic and kind, and matt was simply amazing. juxtaposed with these scenes are madison and brady, with him trying to rip her clothes off and her cutting him off. sorry i don't see any chemistry between these two. brady and nicole, yes. brady and this one, NOT.

But the most barf inducing part of this show was at the Horton house, where the smug hypocrites, Bo, (who very quickly installed his mistress into the marital bed) and his lovely wife who tried to set him on fire, cheering on the most perfect couple. The shallow fickle flak Jennifer fawning on Daniel, showering him with hugs and kisses and loving words was nauseating in the extreme. I have posted before at this point, keep Princess magiacal Rainbows, aka jennifer and Rainbow king together, they DESERVE each other.

Hopefully as other posters have written, there will be a moment when Marlena sees Jennifer haranguinging jack and say, keep away from him,(w/o betraying doctor/patient confidentiality), you Witchifer...

PS. Something else that pissed me off was when Dr. Tan found the wedding picture and Bo, Hope, and Witchifer all looked so horrified. Is Dr. Rainbow King so fragile to see jennifer so happy with the once true love of her ife or are they trying to say she married him because she HAD to. Sorry to say but Jennifer has been ruined, let her paw, Dr. Mc Groapy/ Orange Tan/ faux Horton!!! as much as she likes , 'cause i don't think she should be near Jack. He came alive in the scenes with marlena as he really hasn't with jennifer. return to the time, not even with another woman, but when he gave her snark and saw her as a nuisance.

Sorry for the long rant, but just wanted to vent

Evan
Member Avatar

MA and DH gave a masterclass in how it should be done - I hope all aspiring younger actors were watching, or look at the clip on youtube.
Mr Ashford tore me up - why I've admired this actor so much since the late 1980s.
And I'm grateful that it's Marlena and not Jennifer that Jack is revealing his soul to, because Jennifer right now just wouldn't have the emotional maturity to help him.

karoline
Member Avatar

I could just watch these Marlena & Jack scenes over and over. Normally I am not a huge Jack fan, but he seems to really shine when he is put together with the right Actror/actress :)

Kyrai

karoline
Dec 4 2011, 06:43 AM
I could just watch these Marlena & Jack scenes over and over. Normally I am not a huge Jack fan, but he seems to really shine when he is put together with the right Actror/actress :)
Me too! They were wonderful together. Back when I first saw Marlena in the 80s, I loved how caring and natural she was as a psychiatrist. I'm very happy to see them utilizing her this way again. It was such a natural perfect fit with Jack. They hooked me from the first second they started talking. I loved him finally getting some of his anguish out, and her holding him telling him she had him. Poor Jack. I'm so glad he's finally getting help.

I'm amazed because I really did hate Jack back before Jennifer, so I always thought Jennifer made him tolerable. I'm realizing, I think most of it was MA and how he changed the character when he met Jennifer. I loved both the Jack and John and Jack and Marlena scenes, and the Jack and Abby scenes too for that matter. Actually, I've liked him with everyone except Jennifer.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply