Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Wednesday November 30th Daily Discussion
Topic Started: Nov 29 2011, 09:11 AM (15,308 Views)
Mitchapalooza
Member Avatar
Killing myself slowly

And the Outstanding Supporting Actor Emmy goes too.....Matthew Ashford, DAYS OF OUR LIVES. This is his emmy reel for next year!

Watch DAYS pull an EPIC fail by prenoming Shawn Christian and John Aniston again!
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Mitchapalooza
Member Avatar
Killing myself slowly

Hall & Ashford knocked that shit out of the park! Great job by both of them!

I may have to tweet the Dumbfuck HW's about this!
Edited by Mitchapalooza, Nov 29 2011, 03:37 PM.

sals4
Member Avatar

PatNS
Nov 29 2011, 03:31 PM
WOW! That's my knee jerk reaction to Matt Ashford today. He was phenomenal! His facial expressions, his body language, his breathing, the catch in his voice, the tears in his voices, the visuals he painted with his words ... his eyes. And what about getting to the bottom of all the times he took off - all goes back to Harper. He worshipped that man, idolized him, wanted to be just like him and then to find out that everything he believed about the man he called father was a lie was the ultimate betrayal in his eyes. So we find out that Jack can't handle being let down by the ones he loves. That final segment of Jack and Marlena will tear at your heartstrings ... Jack breaking down and Marlena getting down on her knees and enfolding him in her arms saying 'I've got you' as he sobs - very well done.

I liked the scenes between Bo, Hope, Jen and Daniel and the scenes between Hope and Jen. The writers are very smart in my estimation because they really highlighted lightness between Jen and Dan today - almost like they're showing us the huge contrast between the two relationships - Jen and Dan are lightweight ... fluff ... really to the juggernaut that is Jack and Jen who have such a deep, complex history between them.

I do see a ton of chemistry between Brady and Madison but the lady has to make up mind already!
To be honest.. I wish I could see it that way...but I disagree. To me it just seemed like she was undermining her time with Jack. She appeared selfish and completely careless when it comes to Jack and what he is going through. He doesn't seem to cross her mind even for a second. Propping Daniel up on this HUGE pedestal...almost as if Jack is an Obstacle to her happiness.

Romancer66

jackjenfan
Nov 29 2011, 03:24 PM
I think I'll wait until I can find Jack and Marlena's scenes on youtube or On Demand. I'm not subjecting myself to more Jennifer and mr orange man lovin. I've had enough. :flipoff:
I'm with you. Whoever uploads the Jack/Marlena scenes to You Tube, or anywhere else, without Bitchifer and Dr. Douche, wins my undying gratitude.

CalAggie87

Well, I cannot be too upset. I wanted Matt to get some good material and respect, and I think that is what he is getting. I so much prefer this to J/J together. This might actually get him to make the final cut for Emmys. This might get him recognition, and he might be able to finally move past the sophistry of JER, Langan, Palumbo and Dena that he is only okay for comedic relief shit. I cannot see how Missy is happy with her material because there is no challenge as an actress, and that she is the one who should be part of this great story and is not. This is an adult storyline, and it is topical.

JDeveraux_91
Member Avatar

Romancer66
Nov 29 2011, 03:39 PM
jackjenfan
Nov 29 2011, 03:24 PM
I think I'll wait until I can find Jack and Marlena's scenes on youtube or On Demand. I'm not subjecting myself to more Jennifer and mr orange man lovin. I've had enough. :flipoff:
I'm with you. Whoever uploads the Jack/Marlena scenes to You Tube, or anywhere else, without Bitchifer and Dr. Douche, wins my undying gratitude.
Me too. I can't wait to see the Jack/Marlena scenes but I will not watch that bitch and Dr. Orange Glow. I'll record it and FF the shitty Dannifer crap.

niki51586

sals4
Nov 29 2011, 03:18 PM
JackN'Jen
Nov 29 2011, 03:13 PM
OMG Can someone PLEASE tell me how old Jennifer is!? She's acting like some love struck 13 year old. It's disgusting! :puke:

I think MarDar need to look up the definition of balanced.
I KNOW!!!!! don't u find it odd and infuriating that they paired these scenes together...what were they expecting!?
Well I don't want to go out on a limb and give the writers to much credit but I did think it was interesting that Jack and Abby talked Monday about missing JJ for Thanksgiving but agreed it was still a great day but Jenn makes it sound like it was terrible without Dan. Then you have Jennifer embareased by she and Jack's wedding photos not to mention doubting their love. Add that to all her shitty behavior since she returned from London. Now we have a chance to look into Jack's head and he admits he is scared the people in his life may not turn out to be who he thought they were, the dots seem to be connecting. Again these writers haven proven to be pretty clueless but what if this is where they are going and meant to go? Jack has always put Jennifer on a pedestal and anytime he does something wrong he jets maybe because he is terrified Jennifer is not the paragan of vitue he convinces himself she is, maybe he worries that she doesn't really love him and will end up hurting him. Time after time he found out everything he believed about life, love and family was a lie. His parentage, Harper, Angelica, Kayla, Steve even Jennifer at times. It would also seem based on PodJennifer's behavior there is a basis for these fears because she is completely throwing away their entire relationship.

I haven't seen todays sceenes yet but it sounds like Marlena and Jack are pure soap heaven :wub:

peaches179

The scenes sounds good. Can't wait to watch!

JackN'Jen
Member Avatar

Jack/Marlena were AMAZING! Absolutely LOVED their scenes. The last scene especially was just heartbreaking, I can't wait for more of these two.

Jennifer should take lessons from Marlena about how to be a compassionate human being. Damn BITCH!

AFaithL

I'm so glad to see Jack get some friends in John/Marlena. I feel so sorry for him.

karoline
Member Avatar

peaches179
Nov 29 2011, 03:51 PM
NO KIDDING! Jennifer could learn a thing or two about how to be a good wife and friend. Jennifer is horriblke at both.

Icannot WAIT to watch these Jack & Marlena scenes, they sounds amazing.

LanaluvsBroe
Member Avatar

Quote:

John & Marlena's townhouse - Part 2: Jack - Day after day there was more torture or fear of the same. Marlena - That must have been awful to go through alone. Jack - Oh, I wasn't alone. Not at first. There was Brit, a cellmate. A British engineer who just talked my ear off. And then I really looked forward to the distraction - he just went on and on and on about gardening and his kids - John, James, Janet, Julia and Jemma. Marlena - You still remember their names. Jack smiles - Oh I couldn't forget them. I couldn't. I mean he was incessant about how we'd get back home and we'd meet in his favourite pub for a pint. And our wives would get on famously and JJ and Jennifer would get along with all the J's. And it was alright. And I don't think I'd be here right now without him. Marlena - I'm sure you helped him too. Jack - No, I didn't help him at all. I listened and he talked and they came to realise how much we depended on each other so they came in and they grabbed him and dragged him away. He started fighting back. You don't do that and I told him to stop - it's going to be okay. And it's like he knew, he started screaming for me to help him and I said it will be okay. And they took him away and then he really screamed and then he stopped. And ... Marlena - What happened to your friend? Jack - Uh ... they ... tore his tongue out because he talked too much and then they killed him. The sons of bitches killed him.

John & Marlena's townhouse - Part 3: Jack - I heard him scream and scream and then I heard them laugh. They laughed while they killed him, they laughed! Marlena - That's horrible, Jack. That's unthinkable. Jack - They ... (he tries to hold himself together) ... they could do anything and I knew right then that they would. They would do anything and they would do everything. He chokes up - And I knew that I was never going to see my family again and I couldn't do anything. I'd just never see them again. He cries. Marlena holds him as he breaks down.

To have these scenes juxtaposed with scenes of Jennifer sucking face with Dr. Dick all while Bo and Hope are grinning like a pair of twits is beyond sickening to me. Hope, who Jack risked his life for when he thought Larry had her and Bo, who owes his brother's life to Jack. And this is the thanks he gets? Jack needs to free himself of all 4 of them. :flipoff: :moon:
Edited by LanaluvsBroe, Nov 29 2011, 04:39 PM.

Mitchapalooza
Member Avatar
Killing myself slowly

The scenes where Jack describes that his cell mate had his tongue ripped out of his head by the captors and then how they killed him and laughed while they were doing it - man I felt so sorry for Jack, what he went through was so incredibly horrific.

This man is totally broken, he is just broken inside, he is barely hanging on...and all Jennifer can do is scquee around the Horton Living room like a fucking school girl waiting for the Tanned one to show up.

Also did anyone else just want to GRAB Hope and tell her STFU..OMG her cheerleading of Dannifer is TOOO MUCH..it is making me HATE HOPE! Stop it writers! Hope trying to eavesdrop and her little faces that she made to Dan, its just all so HORRIBLE....

Bradison - wow I LOVE them...MORE PLEASE! Sarah Brown is SUCH a dream to watch.

Matt Ashford was the MVP of this episode though by far.

Mitchapalooza
Member Avatar
Killing myself slowly

MarDar STOP using BOPE to prop Daniel...I am fucking SICK TO DEATH of it!

LanaluvsBroe
Member Avatar

Mitchapalooza
Nov 29 2011, 04:38 PM
The scenes where Jack describes that his cell mate had his tongue ripped out of his head by the captors and then how they killed him and laughed while they were doing it - man I felt so sorry for Jack, what he went through was so incredibly horrific.

This man is totally broken, he is just broken inside, he is barely hanging on...and all Jennifer can do is scquee around the Horton Living room like a fucking school girl waiting for the Tanned one to show up.

Also did anyone else just want to GRAB Hope and tell her STFU..OMG her cheerleading of Dannifer is TOOO MUCH..it is making me HATE HOPE! Stop it writers! Hope trying to eavesdrop and her little faces that she made to Dan, its just all so HORRIBLE....

Bradison - wow I LOVE them...MORE PLEASE! Sarah Brown is SUCH a dream to watch.

Matt Ashford was the MVP of this episode though by far.
I'm done with Hope. She can piss off right along with her bitch cousin.

JDeveraux_91
Member Avatar

karoline
Nov 29 2011, 04:11 PM
peaches179
NO KIDDING! Jennifer could learn a thing or two about how to be a good wife and friend. Jennifer is horriblke at both.

Marlena needs to sit Jennifer down and SLOWLY explain how to stand by and support your spouse during tough times. Obviously, Jennifer has no clue how to do this. She only knows how to run to another man and treat Jack like crap.

LanaluvsBroe
Member Avatar

JDeveraux_91
Nov 29 2011, 04:41 PM
karoline
Nov 29 2011, 04:11 PM
peaches179

Marlena needs to sit Jennifer down and SLOWLY explain how to stand by and support your spouse during tough times. Obviously, Jennifer has no clue how to do this. She only knows how to run to another man and treat Jack like crap.
She learned that from practice. :flipoff:

Mitchapalooza
Member Avatar
Killing myself slowly

We get quite a few Kristen mentions in the episode...and the letter from Susan to Alice had many of her "trademarks" including ending the note with "mean mean mean" lol...so this leads me to believe they will be writing Susan this way when she comes back.

We also learn that Susan and Edmund went into hiding because Susan suspected that Stefano knew that Susan switched with Kristen right before she left Salem and was after her.

Mitchapalooza
Member Avatar
Killing myself slowly

Yes...the fucking Horton girls (Hope/Jennifer) need their fucking brains reattached!

LanaluvsBroe
Member Avatar

Mitchapalooza
Nov 29 2011, 04:43 PM
Yes...the fucking Horton girls (Hope/Jennifer) need their fucking brains reattached!
Add Bo to that list.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply