Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Joe Mascolo's newest contract cycle (speculation only, not fact); Screen-time may be minimal through Sept. 2012
Topic Started: Nov 30 2011, 02:19 AM (3,571 Views)
JamesScott_19
Member Avatar
Don't get up. So how are you? What happened, eh? Let me guess, Stefano told you that you could fly,and you jumped off a building. HeHe It's funny right, no I'm sorry Bad EJ, I should'nt be that cruel!

I know that Joe is up in age but I don`t like this. I love Stefano, him and his son scenes are always a delight to watch.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Kansa
Member Avatar

I had been noticing the lack of air time for Stefano and have been unhappy with it. I had figured we would see more of him and that he would be given his own storyline, particularly with Marlena and John's return. I know you could never replace Joe Mascolo/Stefano DiMera, but the writers really need to work harder on making some suitable villains/hero's out of the DiMera family, to keep it strong and interesting to viewers. Right now, if Stefano were to leave, that would be a huge problem for the legacy of the DiMera family. I love E.J., but he really hasn't been allowed to show his "inner DiMera". Lexie has her past and has been playing it straight for awhile and I would really like to see the writers develop a strength in her and a passion for "doing the right thing". She could be the Jennifer Horton of the DiMera clan. Chad really hasn't developed at all as a character lately and I think the direction the writers are going with him (pairing him with Melanie... yuck!) isn't going to be good. Bringing back Tony would be quite a coup for the DiMera's and I think could spark some great storylines. Oh, and bring back Bryan Datillo as Lucas. I always enjoyed the verbal sparring and the struggle between Lucas and E.J.

dc cubs
Member Avatar

talbab1994
Nov 30 2011, 07:04 AM
Was there rumours that he was looking at retirement? Maybe this is a middle ground to that in that he'll be on once a week and that's it. Maybe this is HIS choice. We just don't know.
Agreed. While I miss seeing more of Stefano on the show this could be Joe's choice. He is in his early 80s and deserves to spend his time how he wants to.

dibbee224

I am so happy. I have hated this character for years and I do not like how he never gets punished for his criminal behavior. We have all had enough of him and I will not miss seeing him one bit. He is in his eighties and although he still looks good, he needs to take a break and just enjoy life, I think.

Marlene

dibbee224
http://daytimeroyaltyonline.com/single/?p=8666871&t=8612474
I am so happy. I have hated this character for years and I do not like how he never gets punished for his criminal behavior. We have all had enough of him and I will not miss seeing him one bit. He is in his eighties and although he still looks good, he needs to take a break and just enjoy life, I think.

So sorry you feel this way. Personally, I have a love/hate relationship with Stefano. But Joe M is such a wonderful actor. I've read that as soon as he steps into the studio, he's in character, the Stefano accent and all. It's true that Stefano is not what he used to be, but I welcome the presence of Stefano for as long as we have him. I certainly hope that if Jason's speculation is correct, that this was at Joe's request.
Edited by Marlene, Nov 30 2011, 11:32 AM.

granolagirl
Member Avatar

I've always felt that less is more with Stefano. I miss the Days when he would wreak havoc for a story arc or two and then go away for a while. Keeping him on canvas indefinitely without a real plan has not made sense for the character, IMO. I hope this is Mascolo's choice, but I don't really enjoy this version of Stefano mostly as a sounding board for EJ.

SaveDaysNow

Liz<3Days
Nov 30 2011, 09:05 AM
It makes me sad that we may not have Steffy (and JM) for long. I do hope that they have a good story for him if he's going to leave DAYS or use him in scenes that are significant.

With the possible removable of EJ's DiMera side, I hope this doesn't mean that the DiMera will no longer have a strong presence in Salem.

Wonder where this leaves STATE. Might Kate cheat on Steffy?
I can see Kate cheating on Steffy with someone like Quinn. She's a cougar, and Quinn's skeevy. They have been sharing scenes as well, right?

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
♥ LUMI ♥

granolagirl
Nov 30 2011, 01:18 PM
I've always felt that less is more with Stefano. I miss the Days when he would wreak havoc for a story arc or two and then go away for a while. Keeping him on canvas indefinitely without a real plan has not made sense for the character, IMO. I hope this is Mascolo's choice, but I don't really enjoy this version of Stefano mostly as a sounding board for EJ.
That is exactly how I feel about Stefano and that is why I've become less and less of a 'fan' of him the last couple of years. I know that they got rid of him not even 4 years ago and then he returned in 2008, but he's been on virtually non stop ever since. I've always felt that villains the like of Stefano and Ej, need to reek havoc for a short arc and then be written off temporarily only to return with a vengeance later on down the line. The constant showcasing of Ej particular, but also Stefano the last few years have virtually made both men seem like their mystique has been eliminated. Salemites use to fear Stefano, but no longer, now they simply eat chowder with him at the pub...lol.

stefenohairychest
Member Avatar

Twilightsucks
http://daytimeroyaltyonline.com/single/?p=8666828&t=8612474
If he isnt happy about this Im sure we will hear about it. Im just worried this is a way to write him out. We have Lexie and Chad who dont want to be Dimera's and EJ might get unDimeraed down the road. :scared: I just dont think this is his choice. :shrug:

I agree force Semi- retirement..No..I mean I don't think he likes this at all..they also cut Lauren Koslow airtime too if you notice...NO JOE NO SHOW..we need to protest..if this is joe's choice then I am happy for him but if this away to push the baddies out of the way ..which they claim they would when they took over the reigns...then we need to be heard...how stupid is to have no stefano when his son is kidnapped..they should just kidnapped sonny and will...no this is forced until I hear other wise and we need to let DAY know we don't like this :soapbox:

Mitchapalooza
Member Avatar
Killing myself slowly

stefenohairychest
Nov 30 2011, 06:31 PM
Twilightsucks
http://daytimeroyaltyonline.com/single/?p=8666828&t=8612474
If he isnt happy about this Im sure we will hear about it. Im just worried this is a way to write him out. We have Lexie and Chad who dont want to be Dimera's and EJ might get unDimeraed down the road. :scared: I just dont think this is his choice. :shrug:

I agree force Semi- retirement..No..I mean I don't think he likes this at all..they also cut Lauren Koslow airtime too if you notice...NO JOE NO SHOW..we need to protest..if this is joe's choice then I am happy for him but if this away to push the baddies out of the way ..which they claim they would when they took over the reigns...then we need to be heard...how stupid is to have no stefano when his son is kidnapped..they should just kidnapped sonny and will...no this is forced until I hear other wise and we need to let DAY know we don't like this :soapbox:
Ok - your nickname is awesome...lol.

stefenohairychest
Member Avatar

AFaithL
http://daytimeroyaltyonline.com/single/?p=8666833&t=8612474
As much as I used to love Stefano, the man lost his balls years ago. I would rather he be dead than to have this wimpy version on my screen. Joe rocks, but Stefano sucks . He is no longer a badass villain--- he is a Teddy bear.

It's not his fault it was bad writing..not what Joe did....as for Mascolo he even stopped using his blog now ..now 7 month..we need to know one way or another his Fans deserve a answer..from Joe if he says he wanted this..then I will be sad but happy for him ..but I don't think so that's why I think he was not at the Days of Days a leaking roof ha ha ..why put on a fake persona ..when you know they F you over...Lauren Koslow role has been cut to..what is it now 2 days every other week????/
Edited by stefenohairychest, Nov 30 2011, 06:40 PM.

jam6242
Member Avatar

I love Joe & Stefano but I have to admit that I think he works best when he's been away for a while. The anticipation of his return and seeing everyone's reactions is always exciting.
Edited by jam6242, Nov 30 2011, 06:44 PM.

Chelsea
Member Avatar

dibbee224
Nov 30 2011, 11:13 AM
Well I for one haven't had enough of him, I want to see Stefano go back to his hardcore ways and go medieval on everyone. I've had enough of tame Stefano bring on badass Stefano.

stefenohairychest
Member Avatar

what they need to do..is fire Quinn, Austin and carrie...then they have enough money to give Joe and lauren back their hours...

Virgo Twins
Member Avatar

I miss seeing Stefano/Kate together I love STATE I hope we get to see more of them really soon. I mean Kate has some stuff going on with CW too but we are still not getting to see a lot of her as much as I would like to see of her. I want more Kate/Stefano scenes.

Dorothy595
Member Avatar

They just CAN'T write Joe out! Stefano is one of the most interesting characters on the show! Write out E.J. instead. :toetap:

Tammy
Member Avatar

alex
Nov 30 2011, 07:20 AM
The man is 82 years old.
Seriously? :o

stefenohairychest
Member Avatar

Dorothy595
http://daytimeroyaltyonline.com/single/?p=8669151&t=8612474
They just CAN'T write Joe out! Stefano is one of the most interesting characters on the show! Write out E.J. instead. :toetap:

Got a tweet today from Joseph Mascolo connection

" Mascolo-our beloved king- says it's a crazy busy era-but he will try and update his site more..He Hopes we like days..The man is staying "......end quote :cheer: :chee: :cart:
Edited by stefenohairychest, Dec 3 2011, 11:31 AM.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply