Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
SOW/SID: Chad and Melanie are Kidnapped; 12/13 Issue
Topic Started: Nov 30 2011, 09:54 PM (6,662 Views)
lysie
Member Avatar

The week begins with Chad growing closer to Melanie at Quinn’s spa. “Chad is at a point where he has mixed feelings regarding Melanie,” voices Casey Jon Deidrick. “Melanie makes Chad feel like a kid again. When he’s with Abigail, everything is always so serious between them. So whenever Melanie is around, she’s like a breath of fresh air.”

At the spa, Chad and Melanie experience an awkward moment when Melanie’s towel accidentally drops. “Chad is embarrassed,” asserts Deidrick, “but he also wants to keep looking. It’s like, what do you do in that situation?”

Later, Melanie accompanies Chad to the Horton Square. “Melanie is with Chad because she’s helping him pick a present for Abigail,” explains Molly Burnett. The two are approached by a menacing figure, Horace. He aims a gun at Chad and Melanie, and demands that they come with him. “Chad is the target, but because Melanie is with him, they take her, too,” shares Burnett. Horace and his partner, Zig, toss Chad and Melanie in a room and lock the door.

Across town, Will and Sonny receive an alarming picture via text. It shows Chad and Melanie with guns held to their heads. A message is also sent advising Will and Sonny to revive the sports Web site, or there will be deadly consequences.

At the hideout, Chad and Melanie realize that they’re in serious danger. “Chad’s main priority is Melanie’s safety,” Deidrick points out. “Since there is a good probability that they’re going to die, they express their true feelings for each other.”

Adds Burnett, “Chad kisses Melanie. It’s a spur-of-the-moment thing. They think they’re going to die, and the feelings between them become very intense.”

Meanwhile, a university basketball player visits Rafe at his loft and reveals that he was threatened by gamblers to throw an upcoming game. Bo, Hope, Carrie, and Rafe realize that the gamblers were using the teens’ Web site and they spring into action. Bo and Hope find Will, who says that Sonny has located the gamblers’ hideout using GPS. Unfortunately, Abigail and Gabi, who have separated from Will and Sonny, are also taken hostage.

Article Scans courtesy of FL

------------------------------------------------------------

From CBS Soaps in Depth.

Chad and Melanie Kidnapped!

As the Hortons embark on their annual tree-trimming traditions, not everyone is focused on tinsel: Melanie's got eyes for her best friend's man, and surprisingly, he's looking right back! Next, the duo both head to the spa and wind up exposing more than they intended. Had Chad had a change of heart about Abigail? "I think we've just drifted apart, because I'm going through many intense abandonment issues with my father leaving and coming back and kind of pulling the ripcord from he," observes Abigail's portrayer, Kate Mansi, speaking in character. "And in the process of us drifting apart, he begins to have these feelings for someone else."

However, Chad manages to rein himself in long enough to prep for Abigail's big award ceremony. But he turns to the wrong person for help choosing a gift -- Melanie! Consequently, the duo are together when they are captured by thugs who have nefarious plans for the sports website!

Meanwhile, Abigail's off mooning over Austin! "He's just so dreamy!" Mansi says with a grin. "She's drawn to him, because she sees that he's a family man, a good husband, a great guy, and he's worldly, older, intelligent... I think it's enticing."

However, Abigail gets a heaping dose of reality when she and her friends are alerted to Chad and Melanie's plight. Can they meet the kidnappers demands on time?

Realizing that they are not likely to get out alive, a desperate Chad and Melanie throw caution to the wind and confess their feelings. But what about Abigail? In her effort to help, she gets kidnapped herself! And just as she's about to be locked up with Chad and Melanie, the pair lean in for a kiss...
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

darraholic
Member Avatar

Sounds lame.

Paxton
Member Avatar
Dreaming of a Melanie-free Days

lysie
Nov 30 2011, 09:54 PM
Unfortunately, Abigail and Gabi, who have separated from Will and Sonny, are also taken hostage.
I love that there's more information about Chad's delight at seeing the breath-of-fresh-air's stick-insect figure towel-less than there is about Abigail and Gabi. I mean, who cares about them? They're not going to be realizing how special and wonderful and perfectly perfect Melanie i.

Thanks for posting!

Sparrow

darraholic
Nov 30 2011, 09:55 PM
Sounds lame.
I concur. This just sounds so stupid. Was the entire website just a plot to put Chad and Melanie together? Whatever.

tfp!

JamesScott_19
Member Avatar
Don't get up. So how are you? What happened, eh? Let me guess, Stefano told you that you could fly,and you jumped off a building. HeHe It's funny right, no I'm sorry Bad EJ, I should'nt be that cruel!

I HATE it when I read "the towel dropped" that is the most outplayed thing soaps do.

Not interested in Chad and Melanie, NEXT!

JamesScott_19
Member Avatar
Don't get up. So how are you? What happened, eh? Let me guess, Stefano told you that you could fly,and you jumped off a building. HeHe It's funny right, no I'm sorry Bad EJ, I should'nt be that cruel!

I do hope that Abby fights though,oh what`s the use :shame:
Edited by JamesScott_19, Nov 30 2011, 10:01 PM.

MissLola
Member Avatar

Chad kisses Melanie during a life or death crisis, :puke: must be a Dimera thing. Next week they will be banging on Ej's crusty couch. :frustration:

LanaluvsBroe
Member Avatar

Quote:

Unfortunately, Abigail and Gabi, who have separated from Will and Sonny, are also taken hostage.

This explains Jack working with Daniel. This has to be Jack's worse nightmare.

LanaluvsBroe
Member Avatar

Quote:

Horace and his partner, Zig

Who thought up these names? Do they have a cartoonist working for the show?

JackN'Jen
Member Avatar

BOOOOORING!!!!

They should have just pulled the trigger.

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

Horace and Zig? Did Hogan Sheffer sneak into the writing room and come up with these weird names?

I like the idea of Chad being tempted by Melanie, but admitting feelings and the situation being "intense" enough to kiss is happening way too soon. All they've had were a few times of having fun. There has been nothing really major, besides that accidental kiss on Halloween.

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

At least something is happening with this storyline besides them sitting around a computer.

Twilightsucks
Member Avatar

Melanie is fucking special and glittery. Abby is a black hole of suck and depressing to be around. Jesus. :flipoff: :flipoff:

MyHappyEnding

All I have to say is if it's Daniel that saves the day I will puke all over my shoes. Please let Jack use his investigative skills to find his daughter so Jennifer can take that and shove it the next time she wants to throw it in his face that he doesn't care about his family.

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
♥ LUMI ♥

What makes Mel so damn special to EVERY fucking writing team that comes to Days. The chick is seriously in need of an 'off the canvas' rest period STAT.

LanaluvsBroe
Member Avatar

MyHappyEnding
Nov 30 2011, 10:10 PM
All I have to say is if it's Daniel that saves the day I will puke all over my shoes. Please let Jack use his investigative skills to find his daughter so Jennifer can take that and shove it the next time she wants to throw it in his face that he doesn't care about his family.
According to spoilers, Austin is the hero.

MyHappyEnding

As long as it's not Daniel. So I don't have to hear Jennifer, "We had a date, but you gave it up to look for my daughter..." breathy bullshit.

Helpless Romantic

lysie
Nov 30 2011, 09:54 PM
“Chad is at a point where he has mixed feelings regarding Melanie,” voices Casey Jon Deidrick. “Melanie makes Chad feel like a kid again. When he’s with Abigail, everything is always so serious between them. So whenever Melanie is around, she’s like a breath of fresh air.”

Well at least they are admiting that Melame is a child. Don't care for Chelanie but do not want Abby ruined in the process and it's looking like she will be. :shame:

Sparrow

I thought that we were going to be shocked by who was behind the gambling ring. Horace and Zig? Well, I am surprised.

lysie
Member Avatar

Doesn't this sound basically identical to Nathan/Melanie and the plague?

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply