Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
SOW/SID: Chad and Melanie are Kidnapped; 12/13 Issue
Topic Started: Nov 30 2011, 09:54 PM (6,432 Views)
CalAggie87

I cannot see Abby's first time not shown on screen.

I have to wonder about Jack's reaction. He told Chad to hold to his promises, this is less than a month later, if he finds out Chad two-timed his Abigail Jack could easily get nasty.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

KMan101
Member Avatar

Maybe she'll turn Chad gay? LOL.

I kid, of course, but I think Casey has more chemistry with Freddie and Chandler than either Kate or Molly. JMO.

Fafokahw
Member Avatar

To bad Melanie isn't shot dead and done away with permanently.

Dreamer
Gone, But Not Forgotten!

Chad and Melanie kidnapped... what about Abby, Sonny, Gabi & Will ??

Kenny
Member Avatar

From CBS Soaps in Depth.

Chad and Melanie Kidnapped!

As the Hortons embark on their annual tree-trimming traditions, not everyone is focused on tinsel: Melanie's got eyes for her best friend's man, and surprisingly, he's looking right back! Next, the duo both head to the spa and wind up exposing more than they intended. Had Chad had a change of heart about Abigail? "I think we've just drifted apart, because I'm going through many intense abandonment issues with my father leaving and coming back and kind of pulling the ripcord from he," observes Abigail's portrayer, Kate Mansi, speaking in character. "And in the process of us drifting apart, he begins to have these feelings for someone else."

However, Chad manages to rein himself in long enough to prep for Abigail's big award ceremony. But he turns to the wrong person for help choosing a gift -- Melanie! Consequently, the duo are together when they are captured by thugs who have nefarious plans for the sports website!

Meanwhile, Abigail's off mooning over Austin! "He's just so dreamy!" Mansi says with a grin. "She's drawn to him, because she sees that he's a family man, a good husband, a great guy, and he's worldly, older, intelligent... I think it's enticing."

However, Abigail gets a heaping dose of reality when she and her friends are alerted to Chad and Melanie's plight. Can they meet the kidnappers demands on time?

Realizing that they are not likely to get out alive, a desperate Chad and Melanie throw caution to the wind and confess their feelings. But what about Abigail? In her effort to help, she gets kidnapped herself! And just as she's about to be locked up with Chad and Melanie, the pair lean in for a kiss...

Twilightsucks
Member Avatar

Drifted apart? Must of missed those scenes. Now they are just making shit up to justify throwing Abby under the bus to once again give Molly what she wants. why should it make sense?

Mitchapalooza
Member Avatar
Killing myself slowly

LOL at "drifted apart" when we barely got to see the "drift together" in the first place.

This is Melanie Jonas propping...nothing more!

annie21

"He's just so dreamy!" says Mansi.

There's that word again. Like mother like daughter. :shame:

As for whether Chad and Abby have made love, I've only watched since the reset. But the scenes where Chad gives Abby a massage right before Jack showed up did not seem like a couple who were already intimate. It seemed like they were getting closer than ever to giving into their feelings or whatever. But those scenes were not played as two people who were regularly having sex. I didn't get that at all.

AFaithL

Maybe it's because I don't care enough about Austin and Carrie as a couple.... but I don't mind Abigail's crush on Austin. She clearly has abandonment issues, so it makes sense to me. C'mon ladies...didn't we all have crushes on an unattainable older man in high school or college? I had a crush on my Chemistry professor in college, but of course nothing happened. It's a rite of passage for many teens/college kids. It doesn't make Abigail weird or evil. It makes her normal.

As for Chad and Melanie, whatever. It makes them both disgusting to cheat on Abby. Chad's a cheater and Melanie has pulled a "Kelly Taylor" and gone after her best friend's man. They can both go away now.

Sparrow

I never got the impression that they were having sex, either. They are into each other, definitely, but I didn't get the feeling that they had gone all the way yet.

Let me tell you why this totally sucks. Abby and Chad had all the makings of a great romance. The bad boy from the bad family falling in love with the good girl, they should have had all sorts of angst from their families trying to keep them apart. But instead, we have enlightened Salemites supporting their being together, and then they split up because Melanie has gone an entire two months without a love interest. If they are sexually active, there should have been a very sweet "first time" scene, something epically romantic. It wouldn't surprise me one bit if they have been hooking up this whole time like it was no big deal. Why not? They had story and history and chemistry, but it all wound up one great big wasted opportunity. And since he is the only straight male in this age group, of course he is earmarked for Melanie. Of course he is.

Paxton
Member Avatar
Dreaming of a Melanie-free Days

All I can say is, don't get too comfy in your dressing room, Casey. Blake Berris, Jay Kenneth Johnson, Francisco San Marin and Mark Hapka can all testify about how positively wonderful it is to have one's character romantically linked with Melanie--how it REALLY advances your status on the show and your career in general. Does she hold some sort of record for Most Love Interests Who Got Fired or Quit? She certainly should hold the record at least for someone who's only been on the show three fucking years--it just FEELS like the fiery pits of eternal torment.

Schumi_F1

Paxton
Dec 2 2011, 10:20 PM
All I can say is, don't get too comfy in your dressing room, Casey. Blake Berris, Jay Kenneth Johnson, Francisco San Marin and Mark Hapka can all testify about how positively wonderful it is to have one's character romantically linked with Melanie--how it REALLY advances your status on the show and your career in general. Does she hold some sort of record for Most Love Interests Who Got Fired or Quit? She certainly should hold the record at least for someone who's only been on the show three fucking years--it just FEELS like the fiery pits of eternal torment.
Aww Jay/Philip :wub:
I'm still bitter about hideous Phelanie.

CalAggie87

Hmm, well I think Austin, sadly probably due to Muldoon, does not come off as being smart. And I doubt I would have had a crush on a guy who was younger than my father but looked as old. Sadly, i think this crush stuff is a way to give Apple Doesn't Fall Far From the Tree an out, because the Soap Gods forbid a Jonas is anything but perfectly perfect about being perfect.

Shick
Member Avatar
My reaction to current Y&R ...

Can Melanie die during the kidnapping? That would be exciting :)

Evan
Member Avatar

I've only found Melanie tolerable with Nick Fallon(I do miss Blake Berris)

Twilightsucks
Member Avatar

Casey better not break up with Molly. She will go running to Kenny and someone will be out of a job. let's guess who Melanie will want next? Im gonna say Quinn. Casey could have been working with some of the best actors but he gets Fluff. and he will get thrown over for the next victim.

tabbycat6248

Casey, my dear. I wish you all the luck in the world. I sincerely hope that you, like Brady/EM, will survive the "KISS OF DEATH" aka Mel. Hopefully, Chad will not suffer the same fate that Nick, Nathan, Philip and Dario did.
Edited by tabbycat6248, Dec 3 2011, 10:51 AM.

annie21

I guess what bothers me most is the title of the two articles, and the angles they both take.

Gabi may not be a major character, but Abby is. And yet, both times, her kidnapping is relegated to the last sentence -- as if it's a trivial afterthought. Obviously, both publications were working from the same press release, but that makes it even worse. It means this is how the show is promoting it -- the main story is Chad and Melanie, and, oh yeah, by the way, two other young people are kidnapped, too, but we're not going to bother you with them.

And hardly any mention in the story of how the adults are reacting to their children being kidnapped. Guess it wasn't as newsworthy as that Chad/Melanie forbidden kiss. Wooo!!!! :sarcasm:

Edited by annie21, Dec 3 2011, 01:29 PM.

Carly
Member Avatar

annie21
Dec 3 2011, 01:28 PM
And hardly any mention in the story of how the adults are reacting to their children being kidnapped. Guess it wasn't as newsworthy as that Chad/Melanie forbidden kiss. Wooo!!!! :sarcasm:
I agree that this is super annoying. One of the main cruxes of this kidnapping s/l should be Jack's reaction to Abigail getting kidnapped. After everything that Jack has been through, the possibility of losing his daughter would be almost too much for Jack to bear, and I think we'd get some awesome Jack/Jennifer scenes, which SHOULD be what DAYS is promoting. But, of course, DAYS would rather spend its time giving more publicity to the useless, vile Melanie Layton/Jonas/Simmons/Whatever.

And, once again, Molly Burnett gets the storyline that she wants. Is she Corday's secret granddaughter or something? I can only hope that Molly leaves DAYS when her contract expires in June. I don't think I can stomach several more years of Typhoid Mel! (This assumes, of course, that DAYS would even still exist in several years!)

And I've said it before, but I'll say it again and again: It makes me very sad (and pissed!) that DAYS constantly chooses to prop up Melanie at the expense of legacy characters and awesome actors, such as Blake Berris, Rachel Melvin, Shelley Hennig, and especially Jay Johnson. It's such a shame and a really, really crappy way to run a soap opera.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply