Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Friday December 2nd Daily Discussion
Topic Started: Dec 1 2011, 09:35 AM (7,714 Views)
MyHappyEnding

I'm so gonna try the whole "I came in, no one was around, so I figured I'd go to lunch." the next time I come back from an extended period of time off and see how well that flies with my boss.

Edited by MyHappyEnding, Dec 2 2011, 09:24 PM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

tabbycat6248

I thought today's show was very well done. BOTH Chandler Massey and Camilla Banus did a remarkable job. BRAVO TO BOTH ACTORS. I also thought that Madison was definitely justified in lambasting Sami. Sami needs to learn that a boss has a right to want LOYALTY from her/his employees. I also loved Roman telling Quinn to leave Marlena alone. I also loved the montage at the end.
Edited by tabbycat6248, Dec 2 2011, 09:42 PM.

WinterStar84
Member Avatar

AFaithL
Dec 2 2011, 09:18 PM
General thoughts on the show:

1) Damn, Quinn is hot!

2) Abigail's crush on Austin is cute. C'mon, she's just a teenager. It doesn't bother me.

3) I love it when people gripe out Sami. I especially liked it when she was basically called unqualified by Madison for her position. LOL.

4) Roman and Madison's interaction was random.

5) Kate and Roman still have chemistry.

6) Scami, shut up. Your vowel renew was stupid.

7) MVP is Chandler Massey. He plays vulnerability so well. What a gifted actor!
1. Quinn's is smoking sexy ;)

2. Yes, Abby's crush on Austin is cute

3. I thought Madison was just mean today

4. Yes it was, but he was just warning her about Stefano, and to make sure Sami is safe

5. Yes they do! I :wub: Kaman! My fave part of the show today was Kaman! :cheer:

6. Safe is boring, please break up already!

7. Yes, Chandler is a great actor. Chandler and Camilla both did a great job today
Edited by WinterStar84, Dec 2 2011, 09:47 PM.

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

Chandler is king! Bless his heart, he needs a movie contract pronto.
What the hell was Kate wearing on her hands?

esp13
Member Avatar

I watched Wednesday and Thursday's shows and they were pretty good. Friday was definitely not as good simply because of the presence of Winston and because I had to hear Melanie calling Maggie "Grandma." Oh, and because of Chad's hair.

However, I have to say that I am really liking Carrie this time around (and I never did before). I know she has her cheating history and all and maybe I'd feel different if I'd ever actually watched any of that. But, she really seems like the Brady woman that has been missing from the 30 something crowd. She's acting like the true heir to the Kim, Kayla, Hope, legacy. That is a strong, confident woman who does the right thing because she has a strong sense of right and wrong, but isn't judgmental (okay, Hope kind of failed that test a lot). I don't know, I'm connecting to her in a way I haven't connected to a character in a long time. I find that interesting.

The young'uns aren't awful, although I still don't like Melanie and Abigail looks stupid in that hat. But they are decent as a group, so that's something positive.

Camilla Banus has defiintely stepped up her game the last couple of days. She finally seems interesting all of the sudden.

I can already see that Abigail's little crush on Austin is going to drive me crazy.

LK's lips are looking awfully plump today. And not in a good way.

Winston warning Madison seems ridiculous, but at the same time I kind of hope there's actually a reason behind it. I did love Madison's "I have Kate DiMera right where I want her" comment. I'm really hoping that Madison and Quinn are working together in some way.

I don't hate Safe, but I can't argue with the fact that they are exceedingly boring.

And I hate to disagree with lysie, but I thought the musical montage at the end, particularly with Will's breakdown, was actually really effective. Even Melanie's reaction worked for me.

SoapGal1
Member Avatar

ladyofthelake
Dec 2 2011, 10:04 PM
What the hell was Kate wearing on her hands?
She was channelling 1989 Madonna.

Fail.

AFaithL

I'm glad Marlena is counseling Quinn. Hopefully now we will actually learn something about him other than him being a spa owner and Vivian's son. Like, what was his childhood like and what made him into the person he is today?

Marlena needs an office set.

CalAggie87

I hope he tries to scam her with his sessions and she does not fall for it.

AFaithL

She's a pretty good bullshit detector.

talbab1994
Member Avatar

Does anyone else think that Madison is either a secret DiMera or related to EJ somehow? Maybe Susan's daughter? That whole conversation with Chris K and Madison I thought was screaming pay attention because we're seeing some hints for another storyline. There was an uncomfortable look that Madison gave Chris K (He's SO not ROMAN-- he'll always be Chris K to me! LOL ;) ) that could either be her not wanting to talk with him or it was an indication of a future storyline. Maybe it was just me seeing this! :shrug:

LastLicks
Member Avatar

esp13
Dec 2 2011, 10:04 PM
However, I have to say that I am really liking Carrie this time around (and I never did before). I know she has her cheating history and all and maybe I'd feel different if I'd ever actually watched any of that. But, she really seems like the Brady woman that has been missing from the 30 something crowd. She's acting like the true heir to the Kim, Kayla, Hope, legacy. That is a strong, confident woman who does the right thing because she has a strong sense of right and wrong, but isn't judgmental (okay, Hope kind of failed that test a lot). I don't know, I'm connecting to her in a way I haven't connected to a character in a long time. I find that interesting.
I'm liking Carrie now much more than I ever have before, too. I don't know how or when it happened, but she feels so right on this show and I'm enjoying her presence. I can't say the same about Austin, though ... and still don't get the appeal of their relationship. :shrug:
Edited by LastLicks, Dec 3 2011, 02:35 AM.

Kevc1980
Member Avatar

Quinn is super hot..I'm actually kind of glad they brought him back.. The spa thing sounded stupid at first, but I really like it..Plus it's nice to have Kate have an ally..

Will and Gabi's scenes were fantastic..Chandler is on a role and today was the first day I've ever cared about Gabi..Girl brought it today..

Tom

Chad is disgusting! Did anyone else notice that when he took a taste, he emptied the spoon's contents he'd tasted BACK into the pot?! Talk about poor hygiene! "The girls" had better worry!
Does Casey Deidrick really think this is acceptable behavior?
And to think, some viewers were worried about Chad's use of saffron. This is not a refined guy!
Edited by Tom, Dec 3 2011, 03:20 AM.

Tom

Phenomenal show. I had a feeling the reset would bring me back to this once great show.
Wow! The Will and Gabi stuff is just incredible!
NBC needs to promote the hell out of this. I predict the Will story is all the show needs to thrive right now. It's so very well written and shockingly well acted for a daytime soap. So compelling. Actually touched me when I saw Gabi's single tear while the singer said "It takes you by surprise."

CalAggie87

Problem for NBC, does anyone even bother to watch its primetime? I watch shows regularly on all the other networks -- except CW -- so I do have a chance to notice if DAYS is advertised in primetime. They need to advertise during the nightly news, Leno and definitely Sunday Night Football -- which is about the only primetime show which makes it to Top 20 shows of the week.

peaches179

CalAggie87
Dec 2 2011, 11:57 PM
I hope he tries to scam her with his sessions and she does not fall for it.

I hope he turns out to be evil. Goodness knows, we could use some on this show right now.

AFaithL

He is evil

lazydazes
Member Avatar

I really took notice of Gabi, too, during this episode. She has the makings of a tragic soap heroine. Good job, Camilla!
And my boy, Chandler Massey knocked his shit out of the ballpark! :rockon: I just love Will! :cheer:

AFaithL

I, too, think Camila did an outstanding job.

Alin89
Member Avatar

i watched this week's episodes and liked them. I loved Monday's episdoe it was everything i loved about days. I loved the jack and marlena scenes felt so bad for poor jack. I also loved the marlena and will scenes. My other favorite was ejole they r so cute together and an awesome couple. I loved Ej and Madison telling off sami. I am liking Bradison so far. Friday's episode was great too expect the sami stuff. i felt so bad for will i wanted to hug him. Gabi played well too. Liked the musical ending for Friday's episode. Loved jen and nicole facing off i hope nicole wins and gives jen her own Medicine. I really am hating jen i wouldnt mind it if she got killed off. Bope disgusted me with their support of tannifer. Im getting sick of alice's secrets too enough is enough. I think Frances is rolling her grave right now in disgust. Im so happy that the boring website s/l will be going away soon one of the dumbest s/l/s ever. I want Chabby to stay together y writers r u ruing a good thing for stupid bitch piper.
Edited by Alin89, Dec 5 2011, 03:35 AM.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums with no limits on posts or members.
Learn More · Sign-up for Free
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply