Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Locked Topic
Daytime Royalty interview with Melissa Reeves
Topic Started: Dec 1 2011, 01:26 PM (7,680 Views)
Ellie

Please link to DR.

What's next for Jennifer?
I'm trying to think of what's on the air. Still deciding in her life between Jack and Daniel. She has this man that she has spent her life with and had children with and has history with. And there's this man that has changed her life, literally. He's just given her no feeling of fear or mistrust. So she's trying to figure that out. And she's also working with Abe on his mayoral campaign, so she's busy doing that. And then Abigail is getting herself into some trouble. She's being a mom, a wife, a girlfriend, a campaign manager...she's got a lot going on.

It's been noted that in many of your interviews, your statements are very supportive of Daniel and Jennifer. Some Jack and Jennifer fans have been disappointed by this. What would you say to them?
I just think a great storyline is what keeps people watching, and sometimes if they just pair you with someone and you're just happy, then there's no storyline. And then you don't work. So I always think if they can keep it interesting and keep it a great triangle and just keep a great storyline going, that's what's so great. It's hard once a couple is happy on a show. It doesn't feel like there's any story to tell anymore. What a great gift to work with both of them.

What is your take on Jennifer's reaction to Jack's PTSD?
She's devastated for him by that and feels that if he can work through that with Marlena, then he will come out on the other side of it and be able to focus on being in Salem and be able to do what he wants to do for his life in Salem. Because of course, she loves this man. She was married to him, had her children, and they have a wonderful love story. She is devastated for him and also wants him to get better before they can think about moving on.

We've had a couple of mentions of JJ this week. When can we expect to hear more about him?
I don't know! We talk about him a lot, but no one has said anything about actually seeing JJ.

Do you know how old he's supposed to be?
Well, he's only supposed to probably be about five. But the way we talk, it sounds like he's in boarding school. Maybe high school? That's what it sounds like to me, but I have no idea about JJ.

Online fans are notorious for noticing continuity errors. Some recent examples are: JJ being in boarding school despite Jack and Jennifer's own history with boarding schools, Peter Blake not being mentioned when the dialogue rehashes problems with the DiMeras, and Jack and Jennifer not having much interaction with Jack's family. What is your take on this?
You know what? We always say that being a soap opera writer is probably the hardest job in the world. I wouldn't want it. It's really hard. It's hard to think back on years and years of history and keep continuity going for 40-plus characters. I think sometimes the audience could be a little more forgiving of the writers.

Are there ever times when you say, "Jennifer would never say that" or "Jennifer would never do that"?
Oh yeah. Absolutely. All the time. And the writers and producers are so good about "Oh yeah. You might need to change that" or "You can fix that." "You can adjust that and make it work.

There was recently an article in Soaps In Depth hinting at a Laura return. Do you know anything about this?
No, I haven't heard that at all. I'm going to have to go read that and find out.

Jennifer was recently pulled into the story revolving around Alice's secrets. What can we expect to see happen in that story?
I'm more on the outside of that. Hope and Bo have just been sharing with me what's going on and that Gram had this secret. I just sort of get all the information from Hope and Bo and just listen to what they keep finding. I don't really know too much yet, actually.

There's been some concern on the message boards that all of these secrets are tarnishing Alice's character. I know you and Frances Reid were close. What is your take on this?
Oh, I don't think Frances would think you could tarnish her at all. She's a tough cookie. She would love it. That's the thing. It's a show. It's not real. It's so fun. It's such a great thing to be a part of, and yeah...it gets wacky and crazy and sometimes there's not continuity, but it's just a great show. Frances would love it. She would just think it's great story.

That probably means that what's going to happen isn't quite what some people are thinking.
Probably.

This will be your second Salem Christmas since Alice died. How is the ornament hanging different now that she's gone?
It's hard. Even just being in that set every day is hard. I just always feel her there. And the chair that she always sat in is there. It's always hard being in that set because I always think of her. Then at the same time I think that it's just so wonderful to feel her there. It's so comforting at the same time when we do those shows where we're hanging all those ornaments. It's such a bittersweet time to be in that set and to be doing that. We always feel like she's there. It's pretty neat.

Your first big story after your return last year involved Jennifer's heart being surgically removed and then returned! What was your reaction to that story?
You know what? We just laugh and have fun with it. We're like, "Awesome! Great classic soap opera story." We don't take it seriously. There are days when we have to take it seriously, like with Jennifer and Carly and her horrible drug addiction. And even taking the heart was serious. But what a great format of television where we can do things like this and have fun and it works and people love it. It's just all great. It's a great job. No one comes in grumbling and saying, "I can't believe I have to do this." We're so grateful to all be working that we just take it as a fun, great job. Sometimes the storylines are crazy, but people have to go to jobs every day that they hate. We get to go and have a blast, so we don't grumble too much about the storylines unless they're completely off the wall. We all pretty much have a great time.

What's been your favorite off the wall storyline?
You know what I love? It's not even off the wall. I loved when we would do giant cast events like the Cruise of Deception and Maison Blanche - all these giant parties that we would have. I kind of missed all those. I always thought those were fun. Because we always knew that once we put on these fancy gowns and dresses someone was going to get shot or something crazy was going to happen. We would love it. We would work until all hours of the night. It was really fun. We can't do that anymore because of budget and things like that, but those are fun.

That was the one thing missing from the Horton Town Square opening. You were all dressed up and no one was shot.
I know! We were saying that, too. "Ah, nobody got hurt, that's unbelievable."

We noticed you took your Facebook down. What's the best way for fans to interact with you now?
Twitter. Facebook...I did take that down. Twitter is easier to keep track of and keep in touch with. And we just had some safety/security things, so I just took it down.

What do you want to see happen for Jennifer in the new year?
To just have some peace about whatever man she's going to end up with. Make a decision. I know her daughter is getting involved with a really intense story, so just to be there for her. Just to be a mom and the woman she knows she can be. She just needs some settling in her life right now.

Do you have a message for the fans?
Just keep watching. I think our show is just getting better and better. The writers are working hard; the actors are working hard. We're all just trying to keep our show going. If people could just keep watching and keep being faithful we would really appreciate it.
Offline Profile Goto Top

AFaithL

Love Missy Reeves!
Offline Profile Goto Top

BlueStar28
Member Avatar

Love her.She's such a great lady.Hopefully the triangle ends soon and she chooses Jack.Yeah! :D
Offline Profile Goto Top

CalAggie87

Great questions DR, as always. And no Missy triangles are not always interesting, especially since that seems to be all J/J have been since 1991.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Helpless Romantic

BlueStar28
Dec 1 2011, 01:35 PM
Love her.She's such a great lady.Hopefully the triangle ends soon and she chooses Jack.Yeah! :D
Love that she mentioned the COD sl. :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub:
Offline Profile Goto Top

darraholic
Member Avatar
Ikagoddess <3

I love Melissa but Jennifer is just blah right now.

I love how she totally didn't answer the question on Peter Blake lolz.
Offline Profile Goto Top

SocRMum1
Member Avatar
Much prefers sweevil, snarky EJ over Father Figure Fucktard Eejiot.

I've always enjoyed Missy Reeves. She doesn't seem to take much of any of this too seriously, does she? I nearly spit my Coke Zero out when she said
Quote:

And even taking the heart was serious. But what a great format of television where we can do things like this and have fun and it works and people love it.
I'm going to assume she meant people on set...cause I really don't know of any viewers that 'loved' that. :ermm:
Offline Profile Goto Top

DesignatedShelley
Member Avatar

Nothing very revealing here, but TFP!
Offline Profile Goto Top

Twilightsucks
Member Avatar

Peter Blake. Awkward. :laugh:
Offline Profile Goto Top

NocturnalBlondie
Member Avatar
Make EJ/Abby happen, DAYS!

Awww! I'm glad you guys mentioned Peter! Shame we didn't get more of a response though, not that I'm surprised... lol!
Offline Profile Goto Top

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

I'm curious about this heavy storyline Abby is supposed to be having.
Online Profile Goto Top

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
♥ Lumi is Light, Lumi is Love ♥

I love Missy and this interview was good but I take offense to these actors continuing to remind fans that the show isn't real, SHIT, WE KNOW, but if we weren't so passionate about keeping the show true to it's history you wouldn't have a show to work at anymore.....the history of Days is what's kept fans around for so long....I wish they would remember that and I doubt that Frances would like how they are using Alice currently in this story, I'm sorry but if Frances had issues with JER killing Alice by shoving a donut down the throat, I think she would have issues with this.....
Offline Profile Goto Top

Ellie

My favorite was her saying that fans have to relax a bit regarding consistency, and then in the next question, she says that she doesn't like when Jennifer is written OOC. (Lol I wasn't the DR staff member to come up with that sequence of questions, but my kudos to the one who did.)
Offline Profile Goto Top

Keith
Member Avatar

Sorry, Missy, but headwriters get big bucks to keep things cohesive. On a soap opera, their first priority should be continuity story to story EVEN if they didn't write said story. Even if they're just overseeing scripts, they should be able to fix big errors in character consistency.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Partnersincrime
Member Avatar

someone should have ask her about daniel and his thing for patients and jennifer so easily date him after his last relationship start when went after woman that with somelse
Offline Profile Goto Top

jane1978

Good interview. You really tried to give some interesting questions, unfortunatelly Missy always runs right back to the canned answers. And I donīt think "itīs just a show, not take it so serious" is the best approach. Most of the viewers who thought the same tuned out years ago.

Still, thanks a lot DR team.
Edited by jane1978, Dec 1 2011, 02:10 PM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

Sounds like Reeves knows once Jack and Jennifer get their happily ever after and are reunited, there won't be much to play. So I don't blame her for wanting this triangle to continue.

Way to dodge that Peter subject, Missy! ;)

I like what she said about Reid not thinking Alice was being tarnished. It's been stated before, but Alice wasn't always the little old lady sitting in her chair at the Horton house, only offering advice. She used to get her hands dirty and wasn't above breaking the law if it was for good.
Offline Profile Goto Top

CalAggie87

jane1978
Dec 1 2011, 02:07 PM
Good interview. You really tried to give some interesting questions, unfortunatelly Missy always runs right back to the canned answers. And I donīt think "itīs just a show, not take it so serious" is the best approach. Most of the viewers who thought the same tuned out years ago.

Still, thanks a lot DR team.
YES! The questions were great and not the typical fluff/sycophantic stuff of the rags. Sadly, Missy just did the canned replies. I just think of the other interviews and other actors' really answered DR's questions and put thought into their replies. Thanks DR Team, again you proved to be one of the best at this.

I think Frances might have loved for Alice to have some secrets but this stuff is beyond stupid, there is no logic towards her keeping such secrets -- hopefully that changes.
Edited by CalAggie87, Dec 1 2011, 02:17 PM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

AHM

Wow. Ask and ye shall receive. DR is awesome and the only ones to ask the questions I think other interviewers sidestep. So kudos to the questions, but she didn't really give much. I guess she just goes with the flow and wants the audience to do so also. No. Don't ignore history. And, like Lumi said, of course it's not real. That doesn't mean we shouldn't care if things don't ring true. I guess she doesn't think Jennifer googling like a schoolgirl with Daniel while Jack falls apart is OOC. Well, I do. And I don't think we need to be forgiving of the writers. They are paid well for writing this stuff, and they should know what they're doing. A lot of the time I see better ideas that come from a place of more knowledge from fans on message boards. I did think her lines about being happy=being finished were interesting, and often true on soaps, and what she says about the appeal of Daniel to Jennifer points straight to boring. Sadly, if this interview was recent, it sounds like Jennifer is still stringing Jack and Daniel along three months from now. If she hasn't decided by then, for Pete's sake, Jack, or even Daniel, should have decided for her. And this triangle sucks; it's ruining Jennifer, and Jack's the only interesting piece right now.

But I understand why she answered the questions as she did, and she seems very friendly and positive.
Offline Profile Goto Top

jane1978

DrewHamilton
Dec 1 2011, 02:13 PM
Sounds like Reeves knows once Jack and Jennifer get their happily ever after and are reunited, there won't be much to play. So I don't blame her for wanting this triangle to continue.
Thatīs all fine, except who really can get their happily ever after very easily are Dannifer. All it would take is one nod from Jennifer and the triangle is over and she, Daniel and Mel can leave into the sunset. So her answer really doesnīt make that much sense. If the scripts says Jennifer is torn she should play it that way. Her interpretion clearly hurts the story because J/J fans now hate Jennifer and want her to choose Daniel and I think itīs only matter of time till Dannifer fans gets tired of the same song and dance as well.
Offline Profile Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Locked Topic