Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
SOD: Best and Worst of 2011
Topic Started: Dec 2 2011, 10:51 AM (2,186 Views)
Daytime
Member Avatar

Best Story: OLTL

The Tale of Two Todds

Worst Story: DOOL

Chloe’s a Prostitute

Most Shocking Plot Twist: OLTL

Gigi/Stacy

Most Preposterous Plot: DOOL

Jennifer’s Heart Transplant

Biggest Tearjerker: AMC

Ellie Hubbard’s Death

Most Entertaining Story: AMC

Oak Haven Antics

Best Couple: Y&R

Billy and Victoria

Worst Couple: DOOL

EJ and Taylor

Most Tortured Couple: GH

Jason and Sam

Most Boring Couple: GH

Lucky and Siobhan

Best Triangle: OLTL

Viki/Charlie/Echo

Worst Triangle: B&B

Steffy/Liam/Hope

Best Secret: GH

Luke Killed Jake

Worst Secret: OLTL

Who Killed Eddie Ford

Best Returns: AMC/OLTL

AMC/OLTL Vets

Worst Return: GH

Brenda

Best Exit: OLTL

Dorian Lord

Worst Exit: OLTL

Marty

Best Villain: AMC

David Haywood

Worst Villain: AMC

Ricky Torres

Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Daytime
Member Avatar

Best Recast: Y&R

Debbie Morgan as Yolanda/Harmony

Worst Recast: Y&R

Maura West as Diane Jenkins

Best Wedding: GH

Sonny and Brenda

Worst Wedding: AMC

Jack and Erica

Best Sibling Rivalry: B&B

Ridge and Thorne

Worst Sibling Rivalry: Y&R

Malcolm and Neil

Biggest Waste of Talent, Male: DOOL

Wally Kurth

Biggest Waste of Talent, Female: Y&R

Melody Thomas Scott

Daytime
Member Avatar

Best Cast Cutting: DOOL

Arianna, Dario, Taylor, Vivian, Nicholas, Chloe, Kinsey…Says even though we may not agree with all the choices, (they miss Vivian), it was a step in the right direction

Worst Cast Cutting: GH

Tyler Christopher and Ingo Rademacher both were involved in major storylines when GH cut them, hoping they return in 2012

Best Trend:

Nothing but Net…Internet Soaps..

Worst Trend: AMC/Days/OLTL

Dual Roles.. pic of Galen.. Rafe/Rafe 2

Stacy Haiduk… Patty/Emily

Susan Lucci… Erica Kane/ Jane

Best News: DOOL

The Reboot of Days

Worst News: AMC and OLTL

Cancellations

Best Locations: B&B

Aspen

Worst Location: B&B

Trippy Berry Island

Best Social Issue: OLTL

Bullying

Worse Social Issue: GH

Lisa Attacks.. The handling of Robin’s HIV status. .Lisa tries to inject Patrick with Robin’s blood

Daytime
Member Avatar

Best Fantasy: GH

Jason’s Fantasies

Best Special Episode: OLTL

Vicker Man Premiere

Most Disappointing Show: Y&R

With two surgically altered psychos running around at the same time, (Patty and Sarah), Victor’s heart transplant, numerous back from the dead, Adam, Chance, and Skye, Jill/Lauren’s suddenly sisters and a campy death by volcano, the venerable soap was navigating through rough waters.. Unfortunately, 2011 didn’t real boast much improvement with the year coming to a close and a laundry list of tepid tales that became an exercise in tedium to watch, there’s just no more ignoring the glaring gaps in consistently credible, attention worth storytelling. Yes, there were gems, such as drunk Nikki, Phyllis’s thorn in her side sister, and reunited couples (Cane/Lily and Billy/Victoria) but those were eclipse by head scratchers like Sharon’s respectability destroying romance with Adam(which produced the snooziest murder trial---twice) the oh so overused soap device of the reproductively challenge couple and a black market baby, Victor implausible losing his company to three entitled brats, Jana falling off her rocker, ho-hum love triangle Neil/Sofia/Malcolm), Jill leaving her brains at the door to romp with an known crime lord, a serpentine murder mystery that we would rather have go away than be solved, and a bloated cast that left some favorites sidelined. There was just too much wrong to outweigh the right. In the current soap climate, its more important than ever to main a sense of stability and identity. For 2012, Y &R needs to go back to basics, dial down the overblown larger than life scenarios and let human drama take center stage again to worthy of being called #1.

Most Improved Show

All My Children

Best Show:

OlTL
Edited by Daytime, Dec 2 2011, 02:09 PM.

happy
Member Avatar

TFP. I agree with most of this.

kika
Member Avatar

tfp

Mitchapalooza
Member Avatar
Killing myself slowly

How in the FUCK did DAYS not get "Most Dissapointing Show" when almost everything they got in this was on the "Worst" side....

Eric83
Member Avatar
"Relax nobody's having sex.... at least not yet"

Agreed with The Two TOdds being the best story this year.

Everything else I pretty much agree with, but Billy and Victoria best couple? o_O

Daytime
Member Avatar

Eric83
Dec 2 2011, 12:36 PM
Agreed with The Two TOdds being the best story this year.

Everything else I pretty much agree with, but Billy and Victoria best couple? o_O
They were mine! haha! :wub:

Checkers
Member Avatar

Y&R was the most disappointing soap. There is no reason for the show to be a hot mess. It's MAB killing the show. Y&R has been lucky they were never put through years of horrible writing regimes. But now Y&R is finally getting their turn.

I agree about Brenda's return. That was so bad.

talbab1994
Member Avatar

Totally agree with Wally Kurth being underused. I believe that he and Judi Evans have been grossly underused. I kind of think the problem is money. They can't afford to use any of the recurring much since they have this big of a cast. Such a shame too-- WK could add so much to the canvas but it I don't think we'll ever see them used on a semi regular capacity any time soon. I even have to question how committed the writers are to penning something for them. Judging by the past, I would say that aren't interested in them at all. Sad.

lene
Member Avatar

OH YEAH VILLY!!!!

Posted Image

:hail: :hail: :hail:
Edited by lene, Dec 2 2011, 01:45 PM.

Fafokahw
Member Avatar

Agree about Worst Triangle: B&B

Steffy/Liam/Hope

Boring, pathetic, horribly written and continues to be period.

blueskies
Member Avatar

Glad to see ej/tayho got thw worst couple award!! Not that there should have been any question abt it.

Drew
Member Avatar
#bbuk

Mitchapalooza
Dec 2 2011, 12:29 PM
How in the FUCK did DAYS not get "Most Dissapointing Show" when almost everything they got in this was on the "Worst" side....
Because people expect Days to be bad, so its no disapointment.

Y&R has always been the higher class of the american soaps, so its severe fall from grace has earned it the title.

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

Yeah, DAYS was pretty bad in 2011, but Y&R will always get this award because of how bad it's gotten and how good it can be.

DiMeraFan67
Member Avatar

Yep. Y&R deserves it. Y&R is the gold standard for soaps and always will be, so it has a lot to live up to. In 2011 it sure as Hell didn't come close to what it could be. DAYS is coming off terrible years, so its bad year was not a shocker to anyone.

DAYS already has Most Improved on lockdown for the next awards.

Liz<3Days
Member Avatar

Quote:

Worst Couple: DOOL

EJ and Taylor

THANK YOU...I feel vindicated! That EasyLayTay ruined my DAYS Summer!

Also..YES, to Wally Kurth being underused!

AngelOB
Member Avatar
Life is awesome

I agree with everything Days' wise on this list. Days has sucked this past year and I'm glad that it's being recognized for how sucky it was. Double the rafe (which ovbiously meant double the Galen) and EJ/Taylor were both massive mistakes that I'm glad have been rectified, although considering how ridiculously far ahead the show tapes they weren't rectified in a timely enough manner.

soapfan01

I agree with most of these picks, especially Y&R being the most disappointing show. MAB has destroyed Y&R

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · General Daytime News · Next Topic »
Add Reply