Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
THE CHEW hits 7-Week High in Ratings; Audience grows to 2.5 Million
Topic Started: Dec 2 2011, 03:54 PM (1,215 Views)
Mitchapalooza
Member Avatar
Killing myself slowly

Here is an snippet from the ABC November Sweeps Ratings Media Release about THE CHEW:

Quote:

In fact, during the week of November 24, 2011, the final week of sweeps, The Chew delivered another series high in Total Viewers (2.5 million), growing its audience for an impressive 7th consecutive week.

Edited by Mitchapalooza, Dec 2 2011, 03:56 PM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

lene
Member Avatar

Fuck the chew!

Mitchapalooza
Member Avatar
Killing myself slowly

This is the 7th week this show has gained in Viewers...it is now outperforming GH and DAYS in Viewers...NOT a good sign!

DaysPossessed
Member Avatar

Shit. I hate this.

Checkers
Member Avatar

So not good.

skiman1208
Member Avatar

Total viewers don't matter to the advertisers. The Chew's demos are abysmal. Also, this is the holiday season so maybe people are tempted to watch the horror of the show but these total viewers won't stick. I am sure of it.

lightandday
Member Avatar
HBD-Nesta Robert Marley,February 6, 1945 BitchesBrew

They doing a lot of Holiday Advertising, ABC/Soap Net promoting them so HARD you can walk out of a room come back in 15-20min and the SAME GOT DAMN Chew Commercial is running. Wonder if these type ratings will continue in 2012 because even certain Food Network cooking shows don't last.

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

I still haven't seen an episode. I deliberately wait until The Talk comes on after B&B on CBS before I turn on ABC, just so OLTL is on the minute I change the channel and The Chew gets no viewership from me.

happy
Member Avatar

skiman12082004
Dec 2 2011, 04:12 PM
Total viewers don't matter to the advertisers. The Chew's demos are abysmal. Also, this is the holiday season so maybe people are tempted to watch the horror of the show but these total viewers won't stick. I am sure of it.
They certainly won't stick for 45 years

happy
Member Avatar

skiman12082004
Dec 2 2011, 04:12 PM
What are the demos? Who watches this show?!

robolynn

and why?

Drew
Member Avatar
#bbuk

I don't think they'll have the longevity of even The View. Cooking shows have a shelf life, and there's no Martha Stewart in this bunch.

Tammy
Member Avatar

Drew
Dec 2 2011, 06:50 PM
I don't think they'll have the longevity of even The View. Cooking shows have a shelf life, and there's no Martha Stewart in this bunch.
The only thing that could make it "less watchable" is to have Martha Stewart on there lol.

I hate catching even 30 seconds of it when I switch from DAYS over to ABC to watch OLTL.

james0479
Member Avatar

The Chew is such a stupid program.......apparently we live in a stupid world
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

RoseVioletDaisy
Member Avatar

This isn't surprising given the time of year. By the third week of January, they'll go back down. Cooking show ratings are cyclical. They always go up between Halloween and New Years, usually peaking the week of Thanksgiving and again the week before Christmas. Then they go down for a few weeks and go back up for Valentines Day, then down again, up for Easter, etc. The ratings tend to go up around all holidays but the winter holiday are always the biggest.
Edited by RoseVioletDaisy, Dec 3 2011, 11:41 PM.

ljacks13
Member Avatar

http://www.tvmediainsights.com/2011/12/the-chew-vs-all-my-children-update/

happy
Member Avatar

ljacks13
Dec 4 2011, 09:32 AM
TFP.
Makes me sad :shame:

ElvisDiMera
Member Avatar

The Chew does not cost as much as soaps do to produce so it doesn't have to get as good of ratings to still be profitable. So even if ratings do dip after the holidays, the show will probably be making more money than AMC did for the network.

I wish they could find a way to make soaps less expensive to produce so the genre could stay on the air. Sigh.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · General Daytime News · Next Topic »
Add Reply