Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Latest Ratings: Nov 21 to Nov 25; Good Week for DAYS
Topic Started: Dec 2 2011, 05:51 PM (3,128 Views)
Mitchapalooza
Member Avatar
Killing myself slowly

Ratings Report for the Week of November 21-25, 2011

(SoapOperaNetwork.Com)

NOTE: Please do not copy and paste the entire ratings. Thank you.

Numbers are based on Live+Same Day ratings

(Compared to Last Week/Compared to Last Year)

Total Viewers
1. Y&R 4,532,000 (-38,000/-405,000)
2. B&B 3,188,000 (+136,000/+74,000)
3. OLTL 2,817,000 (+167,000/+460,000)
4. DAYS 2,537,000 (+84,000/+75,000)
5. GH 2,457,000 (+83,000/+35,000)

Households
1. Y&R 3.4/11 (same/same)
2. B&B 2.4/7 (+.1/+.3)
3. OLTL 2.1/6 (+.1/+.3)
4. DAYS 1.9/6 (+.1/+.1)
4. GH 1.9/5 (+.1/+.1)

Women 18-49 Viewers
1. Y&R 879,000 (-24,000/-168,000)
2. DAYS 703,000 (+109,000/+11,000)
3. OLTL 683,000 (+15,000/+58,000)
4. GH 616,000 (-19,000/-105,000)
5. B&B 559,000 (-89,000/-52,000)

Women 18-49 Rating
1. Y&R 1.4/9 (same/-.2)
2. DAYS 1.1/7 (+.2/+.1)
2. OLTL 1.1/7 (+.1/+.2)
4. GH 1.0/6 (same/-.1)
5. B&B 0.9/5 (-.1/same)

Women 18-34 Rating
1. DAYS 0.8/5 (+.2/+.1)
2. Y&R 0.6/4 (-.1/-.4)
2. OLTL 0.6/4 (same/+.1)
4. GH 0.4/3 (-.1/-.2)
4. B&B 0.4/2 (-.1/-.2)

See the rest here ----> http://www.soapoperanetwork.com/ratings/ratings-another-great-week-for-days-oltl
Edited by Mitchapalooza, Dec 2 2011, 06:01 PM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Mitchapalooza
Member Avatar
Killing myself slowly

DAYS DAILY RATINGS

Monday: 1.9/2,554,000
Tuesday: 1.9/2,537,000
Wednesday: 1.9/2,520,000
Thursday: No Show
Friday: No Show
Edited by Mitchapalooza, Dec 2 2011, 05:59 PM.

jam6242
Member Avatar

I think "great week" is overstating it but Days did hold steady for three days straight. I guess that's an improvement. TFP!

Mitchapalooza
Member Avatar
Killing myself slowly

jam6242
Dec 2 2011, 05:53 PM
I think "great week" is overstating it but Days did hold steady for three days straight. I guess that's an improvement. TFP!
A +.2 in 18-34 and 18-49 and dethroning Y&R in 18-34 is pretty decent IMO.

EJAMI sex pulled in the ratings I guess :shrug:

Kirk
Member Avatar
Captain Kirk

Impressive that OLTL continues to improve in the ratings, almost with 3+ million on Wednesday's episode.

Also glad to see DAYS continuing to rise in the ratings, pretty consistent numbers for all 3 episodes. Plus a good lead in the 18-34 demo.

I know the teen demo (12-17) doesn't mean shit and never will, but those numbers for all soaps are just awful.

I have enjoyed the last 2, 2 1/2 weeks of DAYS, something I haven't said too often lately. From the few spoilers I have read December overall sounds solid.
Edited by Kirk, Dec 2 2011, 05:59 PM.

Mitchapalooza
Member Avatar
Killing myself slowly

NBC only cares about Women 18-49 and Women 18-34 and DAYS is #2 and #1 in each of those demos...so I don't think they give a shit about Viewers or HH.

daisy132

Yay!!!! :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: and.... :shutup: :shutup: :shutup:

Alisonlover

Writers don't ever break up James and Alison from sharing scenes Monday was there day and it was the highest of the week i am not saying they alone brought up the ratings but you know that was low and it tanked so many fans would be blaming Ejami this is much higher than anything safe or Ecole ever got.

tomsawyer
Member Avatar

Mitchapalooza
Dec 2 2011, 05:55 PM
jam6242

Yeah, those are pretty big bumps in the only numbers TPTB seem to care about.

Hopefully Days can sustain it. The shows this week have been pretty good and next Monday's show sounds great. Maybe MarDar have finally hit their stride.

Mitchapalooza
Member Avatar
Killing myself slowly

Here is what happened each days based on Highest to Lowers Viewers

Monday - 2,554,000 - Sami/EJ have sex, Will witnesses the EJAMI affair, Madison helps search for Johnny *Highest Rated Show*

Tuuesday - 2,537,000 - Jack comes clean to Jennifer, Abby/Austin develop a bond, Will grills Sami on her whereabouts, Guilt wracks EJ/Sami

Wednesday - 2,520,000 - Bo/Hope confront Stefano, Salem celebrates Thanksgiving, The verdict is in for John's case, Marlena is crushed.

Thursday - N/A - DAYS is pre-empted for Thanksgiving

Friday - N/A - DAYS is pre-empted for NHL Hockey.
Edited by Mitchapalooza, Dec 2 2011, 06:11 PM.

Mitchapalooza
Member Avatar
Killing myself slowly

Kirk
Dec 2 2011, 05:57 PM
Impressive that OLTL continues to improve in the ratings, almost with 3+ million on Wednesday's episode.

Also glad to see DAYS continuing to rise in the ratings, pretty consistent numbers for all 3 episodes. Plus a good lead in the 18-34 demo.

I know the teen demo (12-17) doesn't mean shit and never will, but those numbers for all soaps are just awful.

I have enjoyed the last 2, 2 1/2 weeks of DAYS, something I haven't said too often lately. From the few spoilers I have read December overall sounds solid.
Yes, OLTL is doing very well...I am actually kind of shocked at how well it is doing.

Kevc1980
Member Avatar

Great job Days...Finally, we get some good twists and developments on the show and they are rewarded with their best numbers in months..Keep up the good work...I predict Will's story is going to be a big draw for the demo crowd, just like the Sami, Austin, Lucas, and Carrie story was a big draw in the 90's for Days..Days finally has a strong younger group now..

BradyB

I am glad to see that Days went up in the ratings over last week and last year. The demo numbers look good as well. I hope they continue to take a slow walk up the ladder. OLTL has been good as well last few months. I hate to see it go!!

jtsahottie
Member Avatar
If I woke from a coma and Channing Tatum told me he was my husband... I'd Believe Him!

Mitchapalooza
jam6242

Well duh who wouldn't want to tune in to see a guy slap a bitch around and then fuck her?

blueskies
Member Avatar

idk if my ratings counted, but i was at my parents house last week and they were doing a Neilson book thing, and I made sure and put that I watched Days Monday thru Wednesday. (One day I even put that my sister and mother watched, just because they were in the room while it was on). Anyway....I may have thought the Ejami scene was sickening, but I surely want DOOL to have good ratings!

(Although explaining to my 12 year old sister why it was interesting to watch Hope and Stefano argue about a paperweight was a little, okay A LOT, difficult....basically I was unable to defend it as I too found it ridiculous).
Edited by blueskies, Dec 2 2011, 09:29 PM.

lysie
Member Avatar

A steady week! I wonder if the days of ratings in the 2s are really completely over for Days. I have a hard time seeing 1.9s as good, but I probably need to get past that.

SoapGal1
Member Avatar

blueskies
Dec 2 2011, 09:27 PM
idk if my ratings counted, but i was at my parents house last week and they were doing a Neilson book thing, and I made sure and put that I watched Days Monday thru Wednesday. (One day I even put that my sister and mother watched, just because they were in the room while it was on). Anyway....I may have thought the Ejami scene was sickening, but I surely want DOOL to have good ratings!

(Although explaining to my 12 year old sister why it was interesting to watch Hope and Stefano argue about a paperweight was a little, okay A LOT, difficult....basically I was unable to defend it as I too found it ridiculous).
My daughter was in from college, and I put some of her comments in the daily thread for that day.

She swore she'd never give a paperweight as a gift for fear of what anguish it would bring to her future grandchildren. (dripping with sarcasm mind you)

Overall, I think Days is steadly improving. So, the ratings should reflect that.

I've watched for about a month now, everyday, not ff anything.

Taelyn

Alisonlover
Dec 2 2011, 06:05 PM
Writers don't ever break up James and Alison from sharing scenes Monday was there day and it was the highest of the week i am not saying they alone brought up the ratings but you know that was low and it tanked so many fans would be blaming Ejami this is much higher than anything safe or Ecole ever got.
Ya know what.. I hated The Ejami Angry abusive sex scene.. But in toptal honesty .. I care so little for Sami now that I dont care who she is wirth.. if keeping Ejami together means better stories for Jarlena, Bope, and J&J .. Then Im all for that.. I have to swallow bile watching them together.. But I will do so for my true favorites.

ElvisDiMera
Member Avatar

jtsahottie
Dec 2 2011, 08:55 PM
Mitchapalooza
jam6242

Well duh who wouldn't want to tune in to see a guy slap a bitch around and then fuck her?
Sami slapped EJ. He did not slap her. He kissed her. She kissed him back and then they had wild hot sex.

DJsMommy
Member Avatar

Yaaayy for Days! :cheer: I enjoyed most all of Mon & Tues, but I thought Wed was boring. The only thing I liked were the KA & JM scenes.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Fully Featured & Customizable Free Forums
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · General Daytime News · Next Topic »
Add Reply