Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Latest Ratings: Nov 21 to Nov 25; Good Week for DAYS
Topic Started: Dec 2 2011, 05:51 PM (3,134 Views)
Checkers
Member Avatar

That's great for DOOL!

WOW! I haven't watched Y&R in months the show has been horrible.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Alisonlover

jtsahottie
Dec 2 2011, 08:55 PM
Mitchapalooza
Dec 2 2011, 05:55 PM
jam6242
Dec 2 2011, 05:53 PM
I think "great week" is overstating it but Days did hold steady for three days straight. I guess that's an improvement. TFP!
A +.2 in 18-34 and 18-49 and dethroning Y&R in 18-34 is pretty decent IMO.

EJAMI sex pulled in the ratings I guess :shrug:
Well duh who wouldn't want to tune in to see a guy slap a bitch around and then fuck her?
You are funny

Is that how saw the scenes?

They were powerful Monday was all about Ejami and fans seem to like the grieve sex its been a long time since Days got a 1.9 especially three days in a row and look at the women 18 to 49 and 18 to 34 what a huge jump in the demos i was told that is only that matters to NBC and only Y&R is beating them now in that department.

lysie
Member Avatar

Alisonlover
Dec 3 2011, 09:15 AM
jtsahottie
Mitchapalooza
jam6242
Dec 2 2011, 05:53 PM
I think "great week" is overstating it but Days did hold steady for three days straight. I guess that's an improvement. TFP!
A +.2 in 18-34 and 18-49 and dethroning Y&R in 18-34 is pretty decent IMO.

EJAMI sex pulled in the ratings I guess :shrug:
Well duh who wouldn't want to tune in to see a guy slap a bitch around and then fuck her?
You are funny

They were powerful Monday was all about Ejami and fans seem to like the grieve sex its been a long time since Days got a 1.9 especially three days in a row and look at the women 18 to 49 and 18 to 34 what a huge jump in the demos i was told that is only that matters to NBC and only Y&R is beating them now in that department.
I think it's been pretty well documented that people saw the scenes differently.

Just like Ejami aren't the only people on when the show does poorly, they're also not the only people on when the show does well. I'm disappointed that Wednesday wasn't rated lower, but oh well.

Alisonlover

lysie
Dec 3 2011, 09:26 AM
Alisonlover
jtsahottie
Mitchapalooza

Quoting limited to 4 levels deep
You are funny

I think it's been pretty well documented that people saw the scenes differently.

Just like Ejami aren't the only people on when the show does poorly, they're also not the only people on when the show does well. I'm disappointed that Wednesday wasn't rated lower, but oh well.
Sorry i know its all about one couple but i know if Mondays show had tanked say got a 1.5 or 1.6 Ejami would got the blame and i bit worried when i saw the Friday before when it dropped to 1.7 i thought may Monday would be a flop because the rest of that week got good ratings but the ratings went up on Monday during the Ejami sex which made me happy.

Is it true that most fridays are bad days for soaps anyway?

I was told not to worry about that 1.7 to much because it was Friday.

Does no one watch soaps that day or something?

lysie
Member Avatar

Alisonlover
Dec 3 2011, 09:40 AM
lysie
Alisonlover
jtsahottie

You are funny

Sorry i know its all about one couple but i know if Mondays show had tanked say got a 1.5 or 1.6 Ejami would got the blame and i bit worried when i saw the Friday before when it dropped to 1.7 i thought may Monday would be a flop because the rest of that week got good ratings but the ratings went up on Monday during the Ejami sex which made me happy.

Fridays used to be a big day for soaps, but they haven't been for years. Over the last few years Days has consistently been down on Fridays. There were a few weeks earlier this year when they actually did really well on Fridays, but that's pretty rare and it seems to have stopped. I don't think the 1.7 was anything to worry about either, but mostly because 1.7s have become pretty common.

Here's the thing. Ratings discussion have gotten stuck in a vicious cycle. If you want to praise Ejami for bringing up the ratings, that's fine. But the defense can't be that other people have blamed them in the past (mostly because other people have also blamed Safe, Ejole, and every other possible couple/character combination). If it's wrong to blame them, it's wrong to praise them. That goes for every single fanbase. Anyone can twist any ratings to suit their own agenda, so trying to pin good or bad ratings on anyone is pretty useless.

Alisonlover

lysie
Dec 3 2011, 09:52 AM
Alisonlover
lysie
Alisonlover

Fridays used to be a big day for soaps, but they haven't been for years. Over the last few years Days has consistently been down on Fridays. There were a few weeks earlier this year when they actually did really well on Fridays, but that's pretty rare and it seems to have stopped. I don't think the 1.7 was anything to worry about either, but mostly because 1.7s have become pretty common.

Here's the thing. Ratings discussion have gotten stuck in a vicious cycle. If you want to praise Ejami for bringing up the ratings, that's fine. But the defense can't be that other people have blamed them in the past (mostly because other people have also blamed Safe, Ejole, and every other possible couple/character combination). If it's wrong to blame them, it's wrong to praise them. That goes for every single fanbase. Anyone can twist any ratings to suit their own agenda, so trying to pin good or bad ratings on anyone is pretty useless.
I get what your saying but this storyline i was told was a huge risk for Days because they never done grieve sex and it could of flopped big time it was a huge gamble because they couldn't possibilty how the GA would be able handle watching two people having sex after finding out their child had died it could of cost them the show if the ratings crashed heavy i just so happy it went the other way.

lysie
Member Avatar

Alisonlover
Dec 3 2011, 10:05 AM
lysie
Alisonlover
lysie

I get what your saying but this storyline i was told was a huge risk for Days because they never done grieve sex and it could of flopped big time it was a huge gamble because they couldn't possibilty how the GA would be able handle watching two people having sex after finding out their child had died it could of cost them the show if the ratings crashed heavy i just so happy it went the other way.
IDK. They've done grief sex before. That wasn't the issue. I don't think it was that big of a gamble. I can't imagine the show would ever flop or thrive based on one sexual encounter. I don't think the "GA" (which I'm still not convinced exists) is as sensitive as is often implied on the boards.

Alisonlover

lysie
Dec 3 2011, 10:15 AM
Alisonlover
lysie
Alisonlover

IDK. They've done grief sex before. That wasn't the issue. I don't think it was that big of a gamble. I can't imagine the show would ever flop or thrive based on one sexual encounter. I don't think the "GA" (which I'm still not convinced exists) is as sensitive as is often implied on the boards.
Do you remember back in February days lost 400,000 viewers?

I think it happened around the time EJ and Rafe were sleeping with Sami and Nicole at the sametime.

That is power of the GA that is why i was worried about this storyline they hated seeing that.

lysie
Member Avatar

Alisonlover
Dec 3 2011, 10:26 AM
lysie
Dec 3 2011, 10:15 AM
Alisonlover
lysie

Do you remember back in February days lost 400,000 viewers?

I think it happened around the time EJ and Rafe were sleeping with Sami and Nicole at the sametime.

That is power of the GA that is why i was worried about this storyline they hated seeing that.
That was weather related, though. They had gone up the week before due to a blizzard, and then they went down when everyone was no longer at home. Don't get me wrong. The show sucked then, but ratings don't exist in a bubble where the only things affecting them are what happens on the show.

Again, I personally don't think the GA exists, at least not in the way we talk about it on the boards. I am starting to believe that the people on the boards have more power than we realize.

james0479
Member Avatar

I'm happy Days moved up in the ratings. The show was interesting on these dates and they deserve a bump. I'm curious to see future ratings during the so far so great Will storyline

Kenny
Member Avatar

I can't believe we're still having this "so-and-so is responsible for the failure/success of the ratings" debate. Hasn't it been proven a thousand or more times that the success of the ratings depends on much more than just which couple is featured that particular week?

The days of any one character or couple having a significant impact on the ratings (good or bad) are over. The ratings didn't go up last week because the Ejami fanbase is so huge that their viewership will make or break the show (although I'm sure many would like to believe that's the case). The ratings went up because things finally happened in the stories. After weeks of stalling, there was finally movement. There was action. Sami cheating on Rafe was a big part of it, yes, but she could've had sex with Bo and people still would've tuned in just for the trainwreck effect. That's the way it works. When the stories are boring, people don't watch. When the stories are interesting/exciting/crazy/climaxing, people tune in.

If the success of the ratings hinged solely on Ejami, they would always go up when they're on and always go down when they aren't -- but they don't. Putting Ejami together won't "save the show" anymore than reuniting Bope saved it, keeping Safe together saved it, rekindling Ejole saved it, etc. Every fanbase thinks their favorite couple will be the show's salvation, and I totally understand that people want what they want, but let's not act like fanbase pandering is somehow a good thing. It's not. It has pretty much ruined the show these last few years. That's why, rather than begging the writers to put so-and-so together or to give so-and-so a happy ending, I wish people would instead ask for better stories, because that's what's really going to save the show, if anything. Characters and stories > terribly written couples.

lovinsafe
Member Avatar

Kenny
Dec 3 2011, 02:47 PM
I can't believe we're still having this "so-and-so is responsible for the failure/success of the ratings" debate. Hasn't it been proven a thousand or more times that the success of the ratings depends on much more than just which couple is featured that particular week?

The days of any one character or couple having a significant impact on the ratings (good or bad) are over. The ratings didn't go up last week because the Ejami fanbase is so huge that their viewership will make or break the show (although I'm sure many would like to believe that's the case). The ratings went up because things finally happened in the stories. After weeks of stalling, there was finally movement. There was action. Sami cheating on Rafe was a big part of it, yes, but she could've had sex with Bo and people still would've tuned in just for the trainwreck effect. That's the way it works. When the stories are boring, people don't watch. When the stories are interesting/exciting/crazy/climaxing, people tune in.

If the success of the ratings hinged solely on Ejami, they would always go up when they're on and always go down when they aren't -- but they don't. Putting Ejami together won't "save the show" anymore than reuniting Bope saved it, keeping Safe together saved it, rekindling Ejole saved it, etc. Every fanbase thinks their favorite couple will be the show's salvation, and I totally understand that people want what they want, but let's not act like fanbase pandering is somehow a good thing. It's not. It has pretty much ruined the show these last few years. That's why, rather than begging the writers to put so-and-so together or to give so-and-so a happy ending, I wish people would instead ask for better stories, because that's what's really going to save the show, if anything. Characters and stories > terribly written couples.
I totally agree with you…November was sweeps month, and placing 4th or 5th out of 5 soaps is nothing to dance in the streets about! Actually it’s quite pathetic!
Edited by lovinsafe, Dec 3 2011, 04:21 PM.

Alisonlover

lovinsafe
Dec 3 2011, 04:19 PM
Kenny
Dec 3 2011, 02:47 PM

I totally agree with you…November was sweeps month, and placing 4th or 5th out of 5 soaps is nothing to dance in the streets about! Actually it’s quite pathetic!
Its the Demos that matter i was told even if Days was in last place NBC wouldn't care as long as they are doing well in women 18 to 49 and 18 to 34 and they are no 1 and 2 that is that matters because that is how they make their money.

Hawkeye

In most cases you really can't determine what makes ratings go up or down but in this case I think it is pretty clear that the shocking Ej and Sami grief sex scene brought in the ratings. It was so shocking and disturbing that it provided that high drama that draws the audience in and make them want to tune in to see the fall out. It was also a very well done scene. Emmy worthy for at least James Scott and the director. Tough scene. You don't see scenes that well done on daytime.

lysie
Member Avatar

Hawkeye
Dec 3 2011, 08:44 PM
In most cases you really can't determine what makes ratings go up or down but in this case I think it is pretty clear that the shocking Ej and Sami grief sex scene brought in the ratings. It was so shocking and disturbing that it provided that high drama that draws the audience in and make them want to tune in to see the fall out. It was also a very well done scene. Emmy worthy for at least James Scott and the director. Tough scene. You don't see scenes that well done on daytime.
WTH was shocking about it? Lol. People have been saying that on both sides, and it just wasn't that big of a deal in either a positive or negative way, IMO. I think the story may have had something to do with the ratings, but only because it built up over the week before. They haven't really been doing real build ups for anything else. That's actually what we've been complaining about. They finally wrote in some actually build up and action and it did well. Seems pretty simple. It's a shame that they don't seem to have any plans to build up to action again in the near future.

Hawkeye

I just state my opinion and what I saw was a shocking well done scene and a great build up to that scene as well. It drew in the audience. Not into fan base bias. No fan base won on this scene IMO. Cant we just acknowledge a well done scene?

lysie
Member Avatar

Hawkeye
Dec 3 2011, 09:07 PM
I just state my opinion and what I saw was a shocking well done scene and a great build up to that scene as well. It drew in the audience. Not into fan base bias. No fan base won on this scene IMO. Cant we just acknowledge a well done scene?
Well, I do when I think scenes are well done. I thought they were pretty average at best, but I thought they did a good job with the build up, and I wish they'd continue to do that.

Hawkeye

I guess we will just have to disagree. I think that was one great produced powerful scene.

lysie
Member Avatar

Hawkeye
Dec 3 2011, 09:22 PM
I guess we will just have to disagree. I think that was one great produced powerful scene.
We certainly can, Cjknick/coffelover/nicky/tori/victoriaf/Hawkeye. You're definitely persistent!

blueskies
Member Avatar

Hawkeye
Dec 3 2011, 08:44 PM
idk how you could determine that. It was also the week of Thanksgiving and more ppl were home. For example, myself, who just so happened to be in the Nielson ratings for this week.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · General Daytime News · Next Topic »
Add Reply