Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Tuesday December 6th Daily Discussion
Topic Started: Dec 5 2011, 08:17 AM (28,623 Views)
aellabelaza

I've missed so much of this show lately, but had to watch today because I love a good Sami call out. Will's a badass, lol, loved him today - especially when he told everyone sorry but Sami. :laugh: CM rocked it. And this is the Sami I remember, don't get me wrong I love Marlena (my favorite character on the show) but as long as someone gets to give it back to Sami, her acting like this reminds me it's DOOL, lol. On another note, I really do love that when I tune in, there are so many characters that I recognize, so that even though I am returning viewer this show feels like it still has its core and isn't some newbie wasteland.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

nickyj12345
Member Avatar

Two words: Chandler Massey.

As long as that boy is on this show, I'll be diligently watching.

Kevc1980
Member Avatar

aellabelaza
Dec 7 2011, 01:50 AM
On another note, I really do love that when I tune in, there are so many characters that I recognize, so that even though I am returning viewer this show feels like it still has its core and isn't some newbie wasteland.
This really is true...Minus Madison (who is played by a daytime legend), Quinn (eye candy), Gabi and Sonny this show is pretty vet heavy...I'm really loving the cast right now...And with Lisa Rinna and possibly Bryan Datillo returning..WOW...Can't wait..

aellabelaza

Kevc1980
Dec 7 2011, 02:18 AM
aellabelaza
Dec 7 2011, 01:50 AM
On another note, I really do love that when I tune in, there are so many characters that I recognize, so that even though I am returning viewer this show feels like it still has its core and isn't some newbie wasteland.
This really is true...Minus Madison (who is played by a daytime legend), Quinn (eye candy), Gabi and Sonny this show is pretty vet heavy...I'm really loving the cast right now...And with Lisa Rinna and possibly Bryan Datillo returning..WOW...Can't wait..
I appreciate it a lot when I watch DOOL, as a deprived ABC soap fan, where getting only one vet in a scene is the norm, and having two or more or in a scene doing more than holding up a wall for a newbie, is a rarity. I know the writing on DOOL leaves a lot to be desired, I totally do, but I just really noticed this difference when I watched today's show. It reminded me of the way soaps used to be.

I hope BD is brought on too, I can only imagine how well he and CM would play off each other. His Will reminds me so much of Lucas.

Partnersincrime
Member Avatar

lysie
Dec 6 2011, 08:10 PM
Wait. Not only do they get ornaments, they get to go first?!!?
also the moment they go to box to take the ornaments and hang it was when lucas ornament was foucs on the box

Actor87
Member Avatar
The Royal Dork

Someone please tell me why Molly Burnett acts like a 5 year old on a sugar high? Her fugly cryface when Maggie handed them their ill-deserved ornaments? And LMAO at Daniel & Melanie's expression when J&J and Abby hung their ornaments? It literally looked like they were at a funeral. I'm NOT kidding. Go back and re-watch that scene if you don't believe me.

The writing, and the acting, for the Will/Sami/Marlena scenes were top-notch today! Chandler is definitely a rare TALENTED find.

EJ/Nicole bore me to tears. Thank goodness for the "forward" button on my DVR remote.

LanaluvsBroe
Member Avatar

niki51586
Dec 6 2011, 10:33 PM
J&JMagic
Dec 6 2011, 10:04 PM
happy
Dec 6 2011, 09:46 PM
Dreamer
Dec 6 2011, 09:35 PM

Quoting limited to 4 levels deep
I missed it, too. and I don't want to go back and see it. :tears:

There goes my indifference. Jennifer still wounds me. And she will as long as Jack still loves her. :tears: Which will probably be FOREVER, because he is so darn loyal. :tears:

Which is also why I love him. Darn it! :tears: :headbang:
Why am I so heartbroken over a stupid soap? Maybe because they sell the true love fantasy so well? And there was never a better soap love story than J&J? And they are killing my childhood fairytale. :tears:

I feel so stupid.
Me too.

Which is why so many of us Jack and Jennifer fans want Jack to walk away from her and be done! So we can all breathe again... I get stressed out awaiting just how bitch Jennifer is going to act towards Jack and just how much more our beloved couple will be ruined beyond repair.
Just watched the episode and ran (digitatally speaking) right over here to point this out since it wasn't mentioned yesterday. Jack is right beside her! Once again she can go on dates with both of them but Daniel can interrupt. She can kiss Daniel in private and in front of Jack but she can not kiss Jack. This isn't a triangle its called leading another man on.
Watch Jack when Dan leans in to kiss her. Jack looks right at Jen and Dan as they kiss. I don't believe that was an accident. While everyone is looking at the tree for Jack to suddenly turn to look at Jen? I am 99.9% sure that it was done intentionally. All these intimate moments Jack keeps witnessing is going to come back and haunt them. You kick an animal long and hard enough, sooner than later it will turn around and bite you. Jennifer is in for a rude awakening.
Edited by LanaluvsBroe, Dec 7 2011, 08:07 AM.

Evan
Member Avatar

I'm done with that bitch Jennifer - she was downright nasty to Jack today!
I want Miss Bitch Horton to suffer, and suffer for all eternity, and for Jack to laugh in her face as he's sexing it up with Billie or Nicole or another lady more worthy of his love.

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
♥ LUMI ♥

CHANDLER ROCKS! OMG, this was so good!

Will....call your dad, STAT!

Dr. Chip

I haven't really been a Chandler fan before, but he is doing an awesome job! Will is coming alive!!!

ProphecyGirl

I actually watched the entire episode. No fastforwarding.

As said, Chandler was terrific. Loved him calling out Sami in front of the family (I actually watched all Sami scenes today which is a rarity). AS and the rest were decent (even GG), but Chandler stole the show. I must like Will because of his Horton/Roberts side.

The Horton tree decorating scenes were pretty good. I was expecting a lot of EggBaby propping, but Dan/Melanie were not front and center at all, imo. Only ehhh moment ... Dan and Jennifer kissing next to Jack in Horton Town Square ... what a strange moment, out of place in this episode at least.

Enjoyed the too brief Julie/Maggie scenes. As a Magic fan, I was glad Victor was not there. I really want some dysfunctional Kiriakis holiday moments involving Victor, Brady, Bo/Hope, and Justin/Adrienne/Sonny with Maggie as the voice of reason. I know I won't get them this year.

The only scenes I didn't enjoy - EJ and Nicole. I am not enjoying EJ/Nicole, Round 3 at all. I think these two need a long break from each other because I hate "Stupid Nicole". I want Nicole to get her revenge on all of them and actually find true love with someone. EJ will never love her like she deserves.

BJ Deveraux
Member Avatar

Evan
Dec 7 2011, 07:55 AM
I'm done with that bitch Jennifer - she was downright nasty to Jack today!
I want Miss Bitch Horton to suffer, and suffer for all eternity, and for Jack to laugh in her face as he's sexing it up with Billie or Nicole or another lady more worthy of his love.
FREE JACK

bstreis
Member Avatar
No matter what you think, I DO love you.

ProphecyGirl
Dec 7 2011, 09:43 AM
The only scenes I didn't enjoy - EJ and Nicole. I am not enjoying EJ/Nicole, Round 3 at all. I think these two need a long break from each other because I hate "Stupid Nicole". I want Nicole to get her revenge on all of them and actually find true love with someone. EJ will never love her like she deserves.
I totally agree. EJ just doesn't seem genuine with what he says to Nicole. I don't know if that's how it's suppose to be played or I'm just not buying JS's portrayal of a man "in love". She's going to end up with another broken heart, and that's gonna suck esp since she wants something real so badly. And EJ is not it. I don't see how they're going to get passed the Ejami sex and the reveal that EJ was behind what happened to John. She's stated clearly she wants an honest relationship and this one isn't based on that.

King
Member Avatar

I absolutely hate Rafe. Everything he says, goes. Sami has become such a wuss!

Also, Daniel at the Horton Christmas hanging...........sigh.

SocRMum1
Member Avatar
Much prefers sweevil, snarky EJ over Father Figure Fucktard Eejiot.

Holy hell - Chandler Massey was ON FIRE today! I wasn't a fan for a long time during his early tenure on the show - he had a tendency to do a crazy eye thing that took me right out of his scenes. It's hard to even remember that now - he has really come in to his own. Loved every acting choice he made in this episode - every, single one.

I thought the tree trimming in the Safe loft scenes were just great soapy goodness all around. Loved seeing Sami go off on Marlena, knowing she's fueled by her own guilt about the EJami sex and knowing that Will was standing there taking it all in. Alison Sweeney is SO much better in scenes like this. And Dee Hall was terrific, too - particularly in her reactions to Will's outbursts. Loved seeing her call him down - as well as Austin.

I wish I had enjoyed the Horton Christmas tree trimming more - it just felt a little too schmoopy and forced, but for the wrong reasons. I usually don't mind Molly B as much as most, but she was gawd awful with this stuff. Just terrible. And I don't have the first clue why Chad was there. And what happened to Daniel having such an issue with finding out he's Maggie's eggbaby? He seems completely on board now.

The EJole stuff was cute at times -but I just can't get past the fact that I feel like I'm watching two friends (James and Ari) make out rather than two people in love (EJ and Nicole). And I love Ari Z - would die to have a body like hers - but WTF with the thigh high red stockings? The lingerie would have looked fabulous on her...minus those. Crusty rumpus room couch sex has got to be my new pet peeve with this show. Even Dena managed to allow EJole to have their own bedroom once upon a time. Is there a reason we need Maggie to have TWO houses - couldn't we trade in her kitchen for a bedroom set?

The tree lighting at the end was sweet - but did I see ornaments hanging on that tree with names on them? Who do you have to know in Salem to get your ornament on the community Christmas tree?

JoeBucs32

Chandler is doing a great job -- and thank goodness Will's a Horton so we have one Horton plotline that's intriguing.

Victor/Maggie need a new, interesting, realistic storying -- Doug/Julie need to be more than holiday props; they are the show's most veteran couple now and should be at the center of it -- and the writers need to work on getting Jennifer back to the character she really is, not the one the new writers are morphing her into...

JoeBucs32

And I still want someone to explain to me why Maggie spends more time and her "old" home than her "new" one. Why didn't we see Will apologize for trashing the place? And "old friends" Maggie and Marlena have yet to have a single conversation since Marlena's return!!!!

CalAggie87

Abe said why there were names on the Horton Square tree. He said that he remembered what Alice said about the Horton tree and he (and I guess the City Council) decided to do something similar. The names were of civic organizations/charities and of soldiers who were in the serve or died fighting.

NocturnalBlondie
Member Avatar
Make EJ/Abby happen, DAYS!

Just saw this episode! WTF was that Horton tree trimming? Ugh!

So apparently getting an ornament on the Horton Christmas tree is easier than getting Sami to open her legs. :shame:

Harcourt
Member Avatar

Evan
Dec 5 2011, 09:08 PM
MA has said before in interviews that Jack doesn't need to be with Jennifer to have SLs on DAYS, so I'm assuming that he wouldn't be that upset if Jack is split from Jennifer for a while, provided that his character is involved with other people, whether it be a new love interest or Jack's therapy with Marlena etc
I agree with MA, but is there any indication that they are going to give him his own storyline -- away from Jennifer?

Also, did anyone else notice the kiss that Daniel and Jennifer gave one another at the very end of the tree trimming scene? Jack was standing right next to them. WTF?!?!

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply