Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
SOW: Stefano and EJ Offer John a Deal; 12/20 Issue
Topic Started: Dec 8 2011, 12:37 AM (3,013 Views)
Kenny
Member Avatar

Stefano and EJ Offer John a Deal

John's week begins with a surprise visit from Marlena in his jail cell. "John has just had an exhausting day of depositions," previews Drake Hogestyn. John is overwhelmed from hearing about the funds his employees lost and vows to get it back.

An understanding Marlena unfolds a tablecloth and sets out a meal for her hubby. Deidre Hall shares, "Marlena wants to make John feel safe, comfortable and loved." After, John and Marlena debate whether they should take advantage of their privacy and make love. "They weigh the options and talk about it," reveals Hogestyn. "They decide to snuggle and enjoy the closeness of each other for a while."

John recounts the conversation he had with Carrie and Rafe, and says they suspect the security photo taken of him in Paris was retouched. Marlena takes it as a hopeful sign and expresses her confidence that John will soon be released. "John has made the decision that he's going to prison," notes Hogestyn. "He wants everyone to accept that he's going away for life. But Marlena is under the impression that false hope is better than no hope at all."

Later in the week, Stefano and EJ meet with John and offer him a deal: EJ will drop the civil suit against John if he'll agree to turn over Basic Black. "Stefano and EJ took all the money from the investors, and every tentacle of business that Basic Black has," explains Hogestyn. "John has always believed that Stefano was behind setting him up. Now, he comes to John and says that he wants to buy Basic Black, and the missing money will mysterious re-appear. Stefano will pay off all the people who lost their pension funds and all the people who invested, and then EJ will slide into being elected Mayor. It's too transparent."

Marlena lashes out at Stefano and insists that he return the investors money. Instead, Stefano says that John has 24 hours to consider the offer.

Hogestyn teases, "John tells Stefano what he can do with his offer."

Original scan courtesy of FL.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

nickyj12345
Member Avatar

Kenny
Dec 8 2011, 12:37 AM
After, John and Marlena debate whether they should take advantage of their privacy and make love. "They weigh the options and talk about it," reveals Hogestyn. "They decide to snuggle and enjoy the closeness of each other for a while."
Here was I hoping for some hot jail lovemaking. :frownie: Color me disappointed.

Snuggle? SNUGGLE? Where's my hot J&M? I'm so sad right now.

Dorothy, I don't think this is 90s J&M anymore.
Edited by nickyj12345, Dec 8 2011, 12:41 AM.

Vicky4Mimi

I thought EJ did this deal all on his own--so why are they dragging Stefano in to it now? EJ stole the money--now he's trying to basically steal John's company. When Johnny was missing, EJ was ashamed of what he had done..but now he's right back at it!

Spencer Hastings
Member Avatar

I'm so sick of this storyline. I'm 24 years old. I don't care about pension funds being smuggled or whatever happened to them. I can't believe this is the story they brought Jarlena back on. I'm so ready for it to be over!

I am, however, extremely glad they're not making love in that jail cell. Old people getting it on squicks me out. :peek:

Twilightsucks
Member Avatar

Hopefully no face eating either. I dont mind Jarlena if they stay two feet apart.

Im kinda glad those people get their money back. I dont mind EJ as the villian but that is pretty heartless stealing all their money like that. Let's move on from this storyline.
Edited by Twilightsucks, Dec 8 2011, 01:09 AM.

DiMeraFan67
Member Avatar

John is an idiot for rejecting this deal. Just take the damn deal. You don't need Basic Black. If Stefano is willing to pay off all of the money that John "owes" the victims, then John will still be ridiculously loaded. Ugh. Always has to be the hero.

nickyj12345
Member Avatar

Spencer Hastings
Dec 8 2011, 01:05 AM
I am, however, extremely glad they're not making love in that jail cell. Old people getting it on squicks me out. :peek: [/font]
Different strokes for different folks, Spencer Hastings.

I'm not much older than you (about 5 years), but I grew up on John and Marlena and their penchant for making love in all the wrong places.

The conference table, the piano, abandoned tropical islands, snowstorms after a plane crash, Italy, the Penthouse, the Townhouse, the Brady House, Marlena's office, etc. I guess I just wanted another unusual place to add to the list.

And it's been a bit of a drought for J&M fans... they haven't been together since... Halloween, I think?

lene
Member Avatar

Spencer Hastings
Dec 8 2011, 01:05 AM
I'm so sick of this storyline. I'm 24 years old. I don't care about pension funds being smuggled or whatever happened to them. I can't believe this is the story they brought Jarlena back on. I'm so ready for it to be over!

I am, however, extremely glad they're not making love in that jail cell. Old people getting it on squicks me out. :peek:
Not even 90 year olds would find this shitty storyline GOOD! It blows.

JamesScott_19
Member Avatar
Don't get up. So how are you? What happened, eh? Let me guess, Stefano told you that you could fly,and you jumped off a building. HeHe It's funny right, no I'm sorry Bad EJ, I should'nt be that cruel!

Although it was predictable that the Dimeras are behind it,glad to see my two favorite Dimera man sharing scenes again :rockon:

Sarva

Kenny
Dec 8 2011, 12:37 AM
Stefano and EJ Offer John a Deal

John's week begins with a surprise visit from Marlena in his jail cell. "John has just had an exhausting day of depositions," previews Drake Hogestyn. John is overwhelmed from hearing about the funds his employees lost and vows to get it back.

An understanding Marlena unfolds a tablecloth and sets out a meal for her hubby. Deidre Hall shares, "Marlena wants to make John feel safe, comfortable and loved." After, John and Marlena debate whether they should take advantage of their privacy and make love. "They weigh the options and talk about it," reveals Hogestyn. "They decide to snuggle and enjoy the closeness of each other for a while."

John recounts the conversation he had with Carrie and Rafe, and says they suspect the security photo taken of him in Paris was retouched. Marlena takes it as a hopeful sign and expresses her confidence that John will soon be released. "John has made the decision that he's going to prison," notes Hogestyn. "He wants everyone to accept that he's going away for life. But Marlena is under the impression that false hope is better than no hope at all."

Later in the week, Stefano and EJ meet with John and offer him a deal: EJ will drop the civil suit against John if he'll agree to turn over Basic Black. "Stefano and EJ took all the money from the investors, and every tentacle of business that Basic Black has," explains Hogestyn. "John has always believed that Stefano was behind setting him up. Now, he comes to John and says that he wants to buy Basic Black, and the missing money will mysterious re-appear. Stefano will pay off all the people who lost their pension funds and all the people who invested, and then EJ will slide into being elected Mayor. It's too transparent."

Marlena lashes out at Stefano and insists that he return the investors money. Instead, Stefano says that John has 24 hours to consider the offer.

Hogestyn teases, "John tells Stefano what he can do with his offer."

Original scan courtesy of FL.
I am glad John and Marlena turn Stefano down ... and them making love in the jail cell would be the one thing that could get me to tune back in ....

daisy132

Vicky4Mimi
Dec 8 2011, 12:52 AM
I thought EJ did this deal all on his own--so why are they dragging Stefano in to it now? EJ stole the money--now he's trying to basically steal John's company. When Johnny was missing, EJ was ashamed of what he had done..but now he's right back at it!
Aren't they insinuating that Stephano is more behind it and EJ is backing him up? Sort of the same as they did with Rafe 2 - it was STEPHANO's idea and EJ had no say, then he ended up going along with it. I think that they're gradually moving away from EJ is Satan plots.

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

The DiMeras being behind is predictable, but I don't even care. Give me John and Marlena vs. Stefano anyday and I'll be happy.

Dreamy
Member Avatar

Well, EJ will never see his kids again when the whole truth comes out!

TFP!

tomsawyer
Member Avatar

Gawh, I was so looking forward to seeing what deal the DiBoys offered John and now all it is a stupid attempt to buy Basic Black. Grrrr! C'mon Days, I've been enjoying you for the last few weeks, but now all the spoilers for next week look L-A-M-E.

px780
Member Avatar
Streetcorner Philosopher

Am I missing something? What the hell is so special about Basic Black? Is it just more Stefano vs. John stuff? I'm over that since the vendetta storyline made Stefano into, well, 90s-style Sami all pissed off about what a parent did in their spare time.

And really...this story was never as high stakes as they wanted us to believe. But the way it's playing out is a whole lotta nothing to me. I'm down for some Stefano/Marlena/John stuff, too, but...this is just lame. It's almost depressing to think about what they were as opposed to what they are.

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
♥ Thanks to Reese for the Avi♥

Vicky4Mimi
Dec 8 2011, 12:52 AM
because Ej works as an asshole and if they EVER change him to being this big romantic hero then he could basically leave town.....Ej is always an ahole and he'll continue to be an ahole, and that I'm happy about.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

DrakeDBEST
Member Avatar
Drake Hogestyn fan FOREVER and for ALWAYS!

I'm GLAD John and Malena don't make love when he is behind bars. I mean seriously, we already got a scene where John had to wear that darn ankle monitor while making love to his wife. The bars are a reminder he is still fighting for his freedom. I'd rather they snuggle and just enjoy the fact that John's friend is looking the other way so Marlena can cheer up her husband.

I don't want them to make love in that cold and dirty jail cell, John and Marlena are MUCH more than just sex and I love it how they can enjoy the company of each other without having to rip their clothes off.

I'd MUCH rather have breakfast in bed sex when John is FREE and the Blacks REALLY have something to celebrate.

I also LOVE the fact John tells Stefano to stick his offer up his ass hole. Seriously, John is a smart man and he KNOWS not to EVER make a deal with the devil. I also love it that John vows to pay the people back their money from his own pocket, which is so IN character for John. I never liked that they made John rich and I'd LOVE to see him middle class again and working on the SPD police force.

Lorgayle

My guess is that if they can get Basic Black, then they can conveniently "find" the missing funds and return them to the "victims". Becoming the hero's even more in the eyes of the public, and cementing John's guilt.

DrakeDBEST
Member Avatar

DiMeraFan67
Dec 8 2011, 01:11 AM
John is an idiot for rejecting this deal. Just take the damn deal. You don't need Basic Black. If Stefano is willing to pay off all of the money that John "owes" the victims, then John will still be ridiculously loaded. Ugh. Always has to be the hero.
John is FAR from an idiot and this proves it. He doesn't want to make a deal with the devil which will also win Elvis the election. The man has morals unlike his family.

Once you make a deal with the DiMeras, they've got you for life. John knows that better than anybody.

DrakeDBEST
Member Avatar

I've been watching DAYS since I was a teenager (since 1986) and I'm 38 years old now. The couple that got me hooked was John and Marlena and the actor that has kept me watching as well as caused me to leave the show when he was let go, was Drake. I'd MUCH rather watch John and Marlena making love and having pillow talk that Elvis and Nicole, Elvis and Sami, Sami and Rafe, Brady and Madison, Jennifer and Dan...

Yep, John and Marlena last made love on Halloween and John was wearing that damn ankle monitor too. I can't wait until he is FREE to make love to his wife as they celebrate his freedom.

Drake and Deidre have STILL got it! I love it that this is another traumatic event the Blacks can say they survived TOGETHER!

Kudos to Marlena for never failing to make John feel so love, protected and adored!
Edited by DrakeDBEST, Dec 8 2011, 06:43 AM.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Create your own social network with a free forum.
Learn More · Register Now
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply