Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
SOD: John and Marlena Get Romantic Behind Bars; 12/20 Issue
Topic Started: Dec 8 2011, 12:48 AM (2,921 Views)
Kenny
Member Avatar

John and Marlena Get Romantic Behind Bars

John's prison stay brightens when Marlena lavishes him with a romantic dinner in his cell. "John has had a busy day with depositions," previews Drake Hogestyn. "Old McCoy, a police officer who goes way back with John, is there. He's very sympathetic to John and looks the other way when Marlena comes in. She has a picnic basket and pulls out a red-and-white checkered tablecloth."

Deidre Hall smiles, "At that point, when Marlena goes to the cell, her feeling is, 'What can I do to make John feel safe and comfortable and loved?' It's very important to see the tenderness and caring; how much Marlena and John love each other."

During their meal, John describes the pain and misery he saw on the faces of the people who gave depositions and says he is determined to make everything right for them again, even if it means selling everything he owns to pay them back. Meanwhile, Marlena gets excited when John mentions that Rafe and Carrie suspect the security photo of him in Paris was retouched. "John discourages Marlena from getting her hopes up," Hogestyn points out. "He wants her to accept the fact that he's going away, but Marlena is under the impression that false hope is better than no hope at all."

Soon after, EJ and Stefano present John and Marlena with a shocking proposal: If John is willing to sell them Basic Black, EJ will agree to drop the civil suit against him. "John has always suspected that Stefano was behind setting him up," notes Hogestyn. "Now, he and EJ come to John and say they want to buy Basic Black, and that if John sells the company to them, the missing money will mysteriously re-appear. Stefano will pay off all the people who lost their pension funds and all the people who invested in Basic Black, and then EJ will slide into being elected mayor. It's all too transparent."

Marlena is outraged by Stefano's shameless blackmail attempt and implores him to promptly return the missing funds. With a sly smile, Stefano claims he doesn't know what Marlena is talking about. Stefano then informs John that he has 24 hours to consider the offer, but John doesn't need that long and provides them with an answer.

Original scan courtesy of FL.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

jderoche5
Member Avatar

Very intriguing. I am dying to see how this plays out.

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

Love it! Can't wait to see Stefano, John and Marlena in scenes again. More of these three please!

bstreis
Member Avatar
No matter what you think, I DO love you.

TFP. Looking forward to the romantic picnic, well until they start talking about missing money - nothing romantic about that. The Stefano/EJ proposal is stupid and John better not accept it. Although being John he might do it so all those people will get their money back...

I just want John to get out of jail already, I know it's only a couple of weeks away but this stupid embezzlement story has gone on long enough - and for what reason, for Egagme sex? Cause I can't think of any other reason this story was told in the first place.

Kenny
Member Avatar

bstreis
Dec 8 2011, 01:45 AM
TFP. Looking forward to the romantic picnic, well until they start talking about missing money - nothing romantic about that. The Stefano/EJ proposal is stupid and John better not accept it. Although being John he might do it so all those people will get their money back...

I just want John to get out of jail already, I know it's only a couple of weeks away but this stupid embezzlement story has gone on long enough - and for what reason, for Egagme sex? Cause I can't think of any other reason this story was told in the first place.
Because it's relevant! It's ripped from the headlines! Everyone can relate! People are having trouble putting food on the table and this story has them glued to the TV screen!

[/endsarcasm]

Dreamy
Member Avatar

Interesting!

TFP!

DrakeDBEST
Member Avatar
Drake Hogestyn fan FOREVER and for ALWAYS!

THANK YOU, THANK YOU Kenny for typing this out! I LOVE John and Drake interviews are the BEST! This is SHOCKING though! I thought for sure Stefano would ask John to STOP Bo and Hope from looking into his past with Alice, but I like what REALLY happens much better. WOW! What does this mean for the Blacks though? Hope it means that if John sells Basic Black, he'll join the SPD again because God knows they need him on the force!

I'm just so giddy to see Darrell and Marlene once again proving that John and Marlena are each other's hearts - so selfless among so many selfish Salemites IMO.

I can't WAIT to see Drake, Deidre and Joseph in scenes today again, YAHOOOOOO! Is it Tuesday yet?

jules

Glad to see John and Marlena finally get some alone time! Since he was sent to prison for life, Marlena has barely been given a chance to even react to that. Glad John doesn't take the deal, but of course EJ will get away with his disgusting set up that was supposed to make him look good. Bring on the romance!!!!

Jarlena4Eva
Member Avatar
Jarlena-Holic

Well...it's a romantic picnic so there will be some smooching. :) Kind of bummed they aren't gonna be rockin' in the jail cell, but oh well. I'm sure they'll make up for it when John is released! :wub:
Edited by Jarlena4Eva, Dec 8 2011, 08:05 AM.

Tammy
Member Avatar

I am glad that J&M get some quality time. But this is hurting my brain trying to figure out how John and Basic Black play into "Power falls into Alice's lap". :shrug:

graceadler
Member Avatar

I'll take the romance but i'd rather they talk about how much they miss each other than the people who lost their money. PEOPLE LOST THEIR MONEY, WE GET IT ALREADY!!!! omg i'll be so glad when he's out of jail and they hopefully move on to a better storyline.

Snowing Fan
Member Avatar

I want John out of jail,so do it.

AFaithL

Nice romance!

Virgo Twins
Member Avatar

I am confused more than ever spoilers say that power falls into Alice's lap and Stefano/EJ are ready to make a deal with John but what does this have to do with Alice and the secret?

bstreis
Member Avatar

Kenny
Dec 8 2011, 02:01 AM
bstreis
Dec 8 2011, 01:45 AM

Because it's relevant! It's ripped from the headlines! Everyone can relate! People are having trouble putting food on the table and this story has them glued to the TV screen!

[/endsarcasm]
It wouldn't be so bad if they actually showed us some of this stuff. It would get people more invested in the story. John talks about all the depositions he heard, but the audience sees none of that - so why should we care?

I'll take the little bit of romance I'll get next week and leave it at that.

Mitchapalooza
Member Avatar
Killing myself slowly

Love Jarlena/Stefano scenes...too bad they actually don't get down to bizsnatch in the jail cell though ;)

px780
Member Avatar
Streetcorner Philosopher

bstreis
Dec 8 2011, 12:07 PM
It wouldn't be so bad if they actually showed us some of this stuff. It would get people more invested in the story. John talks about all the depositions he heard, but the audience sees none of that - so why should we care?
That's what I'm sayin, yo! What a missed opportunity to actually feature the realism they hyped to the heavens, and it could have been a great way to slowly introduce a new character (as opposed to the randomly uber-rich Madison) if they'd shown someone as being John's victim (without taking too much airtime). Maybe they'll cut in some flashbacks or something so it's not so much telling.

I'm glad John/Marlena get their romantic time and then John gets more visitors. Because that at least is a more realistic picture of white collar prisons from what I've read than the whole thing earlier with John getting beaten up in prison. If I were him, I'd just stay there. Catch up on my reading, maybe learn to, I dunno, paint. I mean, can't be any worse than living with the constant threat of all-powerful yet still pathetic Stefano hanging over your head.

It's all so silly. Stefano told Abe he could get him the governorship so EJ could be mayor of Salem. So why all this plotting to help EJ look like a good guy for the mayoral election? Why not just make EJ governor? Not that I really care. It's just a very odd story, imho.

bstreis
Member Avatar

px780
Dec 8 2011, 12:17 PM
It's all so silly. Stefano told Abe he could get him the governorship so EJ could be mayor of Salem. So why all this plotting to help EJ look like a good guy for the mayoral election? Why not just make EJ governor? Not that I really care. It's just a very odd story, imho.
I thought the same thing when Stefano mentioned getting Abe the governorship. If he has that much pull in that office, why not just stick EJ in the job? But I guess EJ's main objective is to have the DeMira name be "revered" by those in Salem :eyeroll: Oh that EJ, he's such a mastermind.

Stefano - "Gee Elvis, what do you want to do tonight?"
EJ - "The same thing we do every night father - try to take over the world!"

The DeMira's are such a joke right now.

Virgo Twins
Member Avatar

I love that Marlena is going to lift up John's spirits with a romantic dinner. She is the only one that can keep him strong in all of this. I can not wait until he finally gets out of jail and how that happens exactly.

I want both John and Marlena to tell Stefano to take his offer straight to HELL with him.

AFaithL

I'm all for more Jarlena v Stefano scenes....give Stefano his balls back!

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply