Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Locked Topic
SOW: Daniel Dumps Jennifer!; 12/20 Issue
Topic Started: Dec 8 2011, 12:57 AM (14,575 Views)
ChampagneRiver
Member Avatar

They are seriously writing Jack as the interloper to Daniel and Jennifer. They really are. I don't know why I am surprised, this fucking show has done everything it possibly could to destroy Jack and Jennifer for the last 20 years and I know I shouldn't be surprised by anything anymore, but damn. I guess even a cynical bitch like me can be taken aback even after all the shit I've seen on this show all these years. Damn. This just sucks.
Offline Profile Goto Top

AHM

DrewHamilton
Dec 8 2011, 01:37 AM
The whole Jennifer dating two men at the same time should've never happened. In the beginning, this triangle had so much potential, but that was when I thought the writers would have Jennifer choose Daniel out of spite, but her heart would obviously belong to Jack. That's how it should've been from the beginning.

I am glad it's over and we're moving to a new phase in the story though.
Yeah, I thought it would play that way too. But the way they're playing it is a torture. I hate it. I hate Jennifer. I hate hating Jennifer.

I don't know that the story's really moving though. I don't know, maybe the awful loss of her fling of a few months will finally get her to release her love of twenty years. I just wish he'd release himself. This whole thing has really played exactly how I didn't want it to, and I'm honestly depressed after reading that interview. I just keep thinking, okay, they're heading toward Jennifer taking a fall after she chooses Daniel and realizes she was wrong, but these interviews generally squash any hopeful feelings on my part.
Edited by AHM, Dec 8 2011, 01:49 AM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

londoncalling

The only patient that Dan hasn't shagged that he saved would seem to be Bo, another triangle well there's always tomorrow!
Offline Profile Goto Top

jane1978

DrewHamilton
Dec 8 2011, 01:37 AM
The whole Jennifer dating two men at the same time should've never happened. In the beginning, this triangle had so much potential, but that was when I thought the writers would have Jennifer choose Daniel out of spite, but her heart would obviously belong to Jack. That's how it should've been from the beginning.

I am glad it's over and we're moving to a new phase in the story though.
Itīs not moving anywhere. Iīm sure Daniel will have another epiphany and once again decides he has to fight for her. Itīs like they just copied and pasted the episodes from his reaction on the kiss.

Of course, itīs beyond funny that this "stable and understanding" guy goes ballistic just because Jenniferīs ex already invited/took her to the same musical.

And if Jennifer is so in love with Daniel why she just donīt tell Jack itīs over and doesnīt run after Daniel? Whatīs holding her? It sure isnīt Jackīs PTSD because she couldnīt careless about that.

No reactions in this feel real. Everybody says "A" but nobody ever moves to "B". Itīs just drama for nothing to keep the stupid "triangle" going.

Worst story of the reset.
Offline Profile Goto Top

AHM

ChampagneRiver
Dec 8 2011, 01:42 AM
They are seriously writing Jack as the interloper to Daniel and Jennifer. They really are. I don't know why I am surprised, this fucking show has done everything it possibly could to destroy Jack and Jennifer for the last 20 years and I know I shouldn't be surprised by anything anymore, but damn. I guess even a cynical bitch like me can be taken aback even after all the shit I've seen on this show all these years. Damn. This just sucks.
Exactly. I don't get it. They could have had a better story and not destroyed Jack and Jennifer. I'm ridiculously sad and irrationally angry at a total stranger (MR), which is insane, but I'm appalled to read her put it that way again and again, as though she's less familiar with Jack and Jennifer than I am. I do know that J/D have some popularity, but give Dan another cutesy woman in the right age range, and you've got the same thing. Jack and Jennifer were this different thing, and I can't understand destroying something difficult to replace with something easy to replace. Maybe that's not what's happening, but that's what it looks like to me and every time I think maybe not, MR gives another lovely interview.
Offline Profile Goto Top

JackN'Jen
Member Avatar

In a way Missy makes it sound as if Jennifer only loves Daniel because he saved her life, as if she owes him something.

Daniel always did remind me of a John, but instead of getting sex for money he gets sex for surgery.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Actor87
Member Avatar
The Royal Dork

JackN'Jen
http://daytimeroyaltyonline.com/single/?p=8672456&t=8616651
Dusty
Dec 8 2011, 01:26 AM
I haven't watched in years, but I do think they're writing Jack VERY immaturely. Always jumping to conclusions, acting like he never left, baffled and bewildered that Jennifer moved on while he was gone for years (what was she supposed to do? Sit home and take up crocheting?), etc. If I were Jennifer.... that would get under my skin, too.

On the other hand, Daniel really isn't putting up too much of a fight for a woman he claims to love so much.
Does that really surprise you? We all saw how easily he pushed Chloe aside and how easily he got over her, the women he claimed was "the love of his life".

Like I said, I haven't watched the show in years, so I wouldn't know. I kept up with it somewhat through spoilers.

CalAggie87
http://daytimeroyaltyonline.com/single/?p=8672453&t=8616651
Dusty
Dec 8 2011, 01:26 AM
I haven't watched in years, but I do think they're writing Jack VERY immaturely. Always jumping to conclusions, acting like he never left, baffled and bewildered that Jennifer moved on while he was gone for years (what was she supposed to do? Sit home and take up crocheting?), etc. If I were Jennifer.... that would get under my skin, too.

On the other hand, Daniel really isn't putting up too much of a fight for a woman he claims to love so much.
Immaturely, PTSD is immature? He was in an Afghani hell-hole for a year, being tortured. How is that his fault? And he was not GONE FOR YEARS. He was gone for a year, Jennifer should have known something was up but did not seem to care. Now she treats a victim like dirt, when he is emotional fragile, and could easily have a permanent breakdown?

No need to be so harsh toward me. I don't think PTSD has anything to do with him jumping to conclusions and constantly making Jennifer feel like she HAS to pick him. No matter what amount of time it was, Jack obviously chose his job over his family; and although he has apologized for it, I think that's something that's going to take Jennifer a great amount of time to get over.

JackN'Jen
http://daytimeroyaltyonline.com/single/?p=8672486&t=8616651
In a way Missy makes it sound as if Jennifer only loves Daniel because he saved her life, as if she owes him something.

I think that's how Missy is rationalizing it. I mean, she can't outright say "This is stupid, and my character should be with Jack". So, I think she's trying to rationalize why Jennifer might want to still be with Daniel. (But that's just my opinion...)

Offline Profile Goto Top

Dreamy
Member Avatar

Oh man, end this storyline already!

TFP!
Offline Profile Goto Top

AHM

Dusty
Dec 8 2011, 02:22 AM
No need to be so harsh toward me. I don't think PTSD has anything to do with him jumping to conclusions and constantly making Jennifer feel like she HAS to pick him. No matter what amount of time it was, Jack obviously chose his job over his family; and although he has apologized for it, I think that's something that's going to take Jennifer a great amount of time to get over.

I adore Jack, but I do agree that Jack shouldn't keep begging her. I'm giving him a pass because of his mental state or whatever, but it's got to stop. He is becoming pathetic, and I don't want that. I can't tell you how much I wish this article read, "Jack Dumps Jennifer." That being said, I think he's been a lot less heavy handed than Daniel has with her.

However, I don't think Jack did such a terrible thing. I think he's being raked over the coals for it as though he cheated on her or something. He was doing his job; it went wrong. Jennifer's a reporter (who also recently risked her life without consulting the family while investigating something). She, of all people, should understand, and she's known that doing that sort of thing was in Jack's blood from day one. Nevertheless, I get that she was hurt. But I just get apathy from her, and it's awful. Hurt, anger. Those would be better. But if it's just children and histroy, then she shouldn't have done the dating both guys things and given Jack hope.
Edited by AHM, Dec 8 2011, 02:36 AM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

jane1978

AHM
Dec 8 2011, 01:55 AM
ChampagneRiver
Exactly. I don't get it. They could have had a better story and not destroyed Jack and Jennifer. I'm ridiculously sad and irrationally angry at a total stranger (MR), which is insane, but I'm appalled to read her put it that way again and again, as though she's less familiar with Jack and Jennifer than I am. I do know that J/D have some popularity, but give Dan another cutesy woman in the right age range, and you've got the same thing. Jack and Jennifer were this different thing, and I can't understand destroying something difficult to replace with something easy to replace. Maybe that's not what's happening, but that's what it looks like to me and every time I think maybe not, MR gives another lovely interview.
I hate the story. but I donīt see Jack as interlopper. Interlopper would be actively prevent her from being with Daniel or there would be some serious reasons why she canīt do that. There is nothing which forces Jennifer to keep Jack in the game. All she has to do is to say "Sorry, Jack, but I really want to be with Daniel." Thatīs it. But she isnīt. They certainly donīt bother show us why so far but for some reason she is more willing to repeatedly hurt Daniel by wanting to continue the doubledating than tell Jack itīs over and he has to move on.
Offline Profile Goto Top

CalAggie87

But I do not believe she is hurting Dan, or at least there is nothing in SC's acting which makes me think he loves her that much. I think Jennifer is his current prize that he won over by taking advantage of her emotional state of nearly dying. He proves that he does not love her or trust her because with no evidence he immediately thought she had sex with Jack. Jack NOT once has accused her of that, despite her nearly having sex with Dan right in front of him. Jack is screwed either way, I am sure if Jack did not go through with this dating thing then Jennifer would tell him, "I knew it, you always run and you never really fight for me. So much for your promises of changing." Jack gets close to her and she bitches at him for getting too close without her having made her decision. Dan has Jack all ways to Sunday. He can out-maneuver Jack by using whatever Jack does. He knows he can kiss Jennifer in Jack's face because if Jack says anything Jack is the bad guy. He knows that if Jack does so even in private he can guilt trip Jennifer. He knows Jennifer will listen to him over Jack if he just plays it right.

Offline Profile Goto Top

ChampagneRiver
Member Avatar

jane1978
Dec 8 2011, 02:44 AM
AHM
ChampagneRiver
I hate the story. but I donīt see Jack as interlopper. Interlopper would be actively prevent her from being with Daniel or there would be some serious reasons why she canīt do that. There is nothing which forces Jennifer to keep Jack in the game. All she has to do is to say "Sorry, Jack, but I really want to be with Daniel." Thatīs it. But she isnīt. They certainly donīt bother show us why so far but for some reason she is more willing to repeatedly hurt Daniel by wanting to continue the doubledating than tell Jack itīs over and he has to move on.
Jack's return has been about creating angst for the Dan/Jen relationship. That's the classic role of the interloper. He doesn't have to be scheming to keep them apart. His mere presence is enough. They've given Jennifer an out for not dumping Jack with the history and children BS while making it clear that her heart and passion are with Daniel. Now Daniel breaks up with her so the two of them can boo-hoo over their broken hearts and pine for each other while Jack looks like an ass trying to take advantage of the situation. And then Daniel is going to start thinking he has MG. Just another obstacle and more angst for Dan/Jen.

There has been zero angst on the Jack/Jen side. Jennifer seems to feel nothing but mild pity and intermittent contempt for Jack, while Jack's perspective on the whole triangle thing has mostly been ignored. Guess the writers don't think his feelings even matter.

Yep, Jack's the interloper.
Offline Profile Goto Top

DG87

Jennifer is torn??? What show has MR been watching? Once again Dr Scumbag plays the guilty card, Jen plays the victim and Jack is crapped on. Seems this "triangle" will continue emotionally as we watch Jennifer take it out on Jack while pinning for Dr Perfect. They should just let Dannifer be. Let Jen lay on Tanman's tanning bed and be burned by her decisions and cruelty towards Jack. So over Ms Cruella Horton.
Offline Profile Goto Top

NocturnalBlondie
Member Avatar
Make EJ/Abby happen, DAYS!

JackN'Jen
Dec 8 2011, 01:57 AM

Daniel always did remind me of a John, but instead of getting sex for money he gets sex for surgery.
Oh thank god! For a minute I thought you were trying to say Dan reminded you of John Black... LOL! I was like HOW? :laugh:
Offline Profile Goto Top

jane1978

ChampagneRiver
Dec 8 2011, 03:37 AM
jane1978
Dec 8 2011, 02:44 AM
AHM
ChampagneRiver
Jack's return has been about creating angst for the Dan/Jen relationship. That's the classic role of the interloper. He doesn't have to be scheming to keep them apart. His mere presence is enough. They've given Jennifer an out for not dumping Jack with the history and children BS while making it clear that her heart and passion are with Daniel. Now Daniel breaks up with her so the two of them can boo-hoo over their broken hearts and pine for each other while Jack looks like an ass trying to take advantage of the situation. And then Daniel is going to start thinking he has MG. Just another obstacle and more angst for Dan/Jen.
I still disagree. You canīt have longing without real obstacles. Whatīs exactly is Danniferīs obstacle? Jenniferīs past and children with Jack? Well, thatīs not gonna change. We saw this exact situation just two weeks ago and Dannifer had just as dramatic breakup after the kiss, yet they went right back to where they were just a week after. And thatīs because there is really nothing what keeps them truly apart. If Jennifer was 24/7 around Jack feeling terrible for him because what he went through and he eventually proposed foolishy believing it means she is falling for him again and she would feel too terrible to say no, then yes, Jack would be an interlopper. If he found some glitch in the divorce meaning he and Jen are still legally married he would be an interlopper. But at this point the story is still too underdeveloped to say. Jennifer is not showing any romantic feelings towards Jack so far while she is all over Dan but she and Daniel were in an active sexual relationship just two months ago. Itīs natural she still desires him. Whatever she feels or felt for Jack is deeply burried within her. They have to find some familiar ground first and start to trust each other again before anything else can happen.
Offline Profile Goto Top

CarlD2

This story is very odd to me, mostly because I don't feel like they're actually writing a couple. I don't think we're supposed to care about Daniel and Jennifer. I think we're supposed to care about Daniel, and see Daniel as noble, and wonderful, and special, and a sainted sunlamp. Isn't that every story Daniel has ever had?

For that reason I won't be surprised if in about 5 or 6 months they move him on to someone else. I think they just come up with ever more desperate ways to show how wonderful he is.

I just wonder if Marlena or Hope will end up having any heart trouble.
Offline Profile Goto Top

JackN'Jen
Member Avatar

nocturnalblondie
Dec 8 2011, 04:17 AM
JackN'Jen
Dec 8 2011, 01:57 AM

Oh thank god! For a minute I thought you were trying to say Dan reminded you of John Black... LOL! I was like HOW? :laugh:
:lol: :lol: HELL NO!
Offline Profile Goto Top

px780
Member Avatar
Streetcorner Philosopher

Whatever. This is a bad story, imho, and it relies way too much on viewer memory to try and create a triangle. I mean, I don't see how these writers have done anything to really sell either Daniel/Jennifer or Jack/Jennifer as a couple, forget about which one is supposed to be the dominant one. I don't really believe any of it at this point.

And I'm not sure why they want to remind people about Jennifer's heart being removed then put back in, or whatever the hell that was. That whole thing just seemed silly.
Edited by px780, Dec 8 2011, 05:37 AM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

J&J4eva

Daniel dumps Jennifer. Who cares? Not me. They'll be back together next week. He's issuing veiled ultimatums to force her to choose him. I wish she would so we wouldn't have to keep repeating the same story for next three months.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Actor87
Member Avatar
The Royal Dork

Can someone please tell me what the deal with Jennifer's heart was?
Offline Profile Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Locked Topic