Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Locked Topic
SOW: Daniel Dumps Jennifer!; 12/20 Issue
Topic Started: Dec 8 2011, 12:57 AM (14,494 Views)
NocturnalBlondie
Member Avatar
Make EJ/Abby happen, DAYS!

Dusty
Dec 8 2011, 06:02 AM
Can someone please tell me what the deal with Jennifer's heart was?
When Hope was in prison, there was this scheme where the jail warden was selling organs on the black market. When Jennifer was onto them, they removed her heart, and she "died" until Daniel saved her by an operation where he put her heart into place again.

But the way Jen's been acting, looks like Daniel gave her a chimpanzee's heart, or maybe he confused the prison meatloaf for her heart, who knows! I don't know what he did, but this is not the real Jennifer Rose! :soapbox:
Offline Profile Goto Top

ChampagneRiver
Member Avatar

J&J4eva
Dec 8 2011, 05:44 AM
Daniel dumps Jennifer. Who cares? Not me. They'll be back together next week. He's issuing veiled ultimatums to force her to choose him. I wish she would so we wouldn't have to keep repeating the same story for next three months.
That's the stupidity of this whole thing. They'll be apart for a couple of weeks, probably long enough for an agonized Jennifer to grudgingly spend a mopey Christmas with Jack, then the next day they'll have a holiday miracle reunion, go on a date or two, then Dan will be gone for a while, and Jennifer will pine away some more and take out her misery on Jack and the merry-go-round goes pointlessly on and on and on...
:drunk:
Offline Profile Goto Top

LuLu2102

Ugh. What I hate most about this situation is that Jack, once again, assumes that he and Jennifer are now together once Daniel breaks up with her. It makes Jack look naive, obtuse, and completely lacking in pride. The Jack I know is none of those things.

Jack is an intelligent, observant guy. He should be able to tell that Jennifer is not that into him. He was there during the years that she chased him and pushed him to admit how he feels, and he was there for the years of their togetherness, when she would gaze at him with love and wonder - he knows what Jennifer-in-love-with-Jack looks like. He has to know that what she's giving him now isn't it. There's no way Jack would fail to notice that Jennifer never touches him, never looks at him with a hint of admiration or true affection, rarely compliments him, does not seem very concerned about his illness, seems annoyed at his mere existence, at best tolerating him periodically.

Jack also knows that Jennifer's feeling for Daniel are not the only reason she's not choosing to be with Jack. Justified or not, she feels (and has told him) that she can't trust him, he's unreliable, he cares about his career more than his family, he never performed surgery on her, etc. So why would Jack think that Daniel removing himself from the triangle would be removing the only obstacle to Jack and Jennifer being together? He wouldn't. He would have to be completely uninformed about human behavior to think that Daniel breaking up with Jennifer would mean that her feelings for him (Daniel) would immediately disappear, along with all of her misgivings of Jack. But Jack isn't completely uninformed about people. He's extremely observant and knows what people are up to, even when it contradicts what they're actually saying. He's a reporter, for crying out loud! I can't stand seeing him written as so obtuse and naive.

And even if Jack could, against all evidence to the contrary, believe that Jennifer really does willingly choose him after Daniel leaves, his pride would never let himself settle for that! And I'm not even saying that Jack would feel, like so many of us feel, like Jennifer is acting very cold-heartedly and selfish, and Jack is way too good to have to put up with that kind of treatment. But I think about all the times that young, virginal Jennifer was coming on hard to Jack and he always asked, so earnestly, "Are you sure this is what you want?" Because it mattered to him, not only that she was sure she was ready to have sex, but that she truly wanted to be with him. Not only because he felt undeserving of her, but because he wanted to assure himself that her love for him was real and he could trust in it enough to make himself vulnerable to her. He wanted to know that if he took a giant leap of faith in being with her (and he knew that, to Jennifer, having sex would mean they were together and starting a real relationship), she wouldn't regret it three weeks down the road and break his heart.

I loved that part of Jack's personality. I loved that he was someone who so badly wanted to let people in and have real emotional intimacy with them, but was also so scared of being that vulnerable and struggled to protect himself from potential heartbreak. And if there's any time Jack should be feeling those things it's now, with Jennifer. He should be questioning whether Jennifer truly loves him or is just humoring him or pitying him because "he's the father of her children". He should be scared that Jennifer will never stop judging him and will never accept him as she once did, flaws and all. He should be worried that the next time he fails to be perfect, she's going to withhold her affection, or her head will be too easily turned by the next guy who comes along, seeming to be perfect. As a viewer, I also want him to share my annoyance and frustration-bordering-on-loathing of Jennifer, but I don't think that's in-character for Jack. But putting up a protective emotional shield sure is.
Edited by LuLu2102, Dec 8 2011, 07:22 AM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

LanaluvsBroe
Member Avatar

Is Daniel dumping her supposed to make me feel sorry for Jen-Jen? Because I don't.

Quote:

That night, Jennifer privately reflects on her situation, trying to decide between the men. "Jennifer has a history and children with Jack," Reeves points out. "But Daniel is this incredible man who literally saved her life. She has never questioned his loved for her. So Jennifer is really torn."

Jennifer is torn? Really Missy? Because I'm not seeing torn. I see a fickle and shallow woman leading one man on while desiring another. So kindly stop telling me how "torn" Jennifer is. Until I start seeing it with my own eyes I don't believe it. Or you.

Quote:

That night, Jennifer privately reflects on her situation, trying to decide between the men. "Jennifer has a history and children with Jack," Reeves points out. "But Daniel is this incredible man who literally saved her life. She has never questioned his loved for her. So Jennifer is really torn."

:puke: Daniel is a doctor, he did his job! Jack has saved her life multiple times, risking his own life in the process. Has that been forgotten?

Offline Profile Goto Top

LanaluvsBroe
Member Avatar

LuLu2102
Dec 8 2011, 07:18 AM
Ugh. What I hate most about this situation is that Jack, once again, assumes that he and Jennifer are now together once Daniel breaks up with her. It makes Jack look naive, obtuse, and completely lacking in pride. The Jack I know is none of those things.

Jack is an intelligent, observant guy. He should be able to tell that Jennifer is not that into him. He was there during the years that she chased him and pushed him to admit how he feels, and he was there for the years of their togetherness, when she would gaze at him with love and wonder - he knows what Jennifer-in-love-with-Jack looks like. He has to know that what she's giving him now isn't it. There's no way Jack would fail to notice that Jennifer never touches him, never looks at him with a hint of admiration or true affection, rarely compliments him, does not seem very concerned about his illness, seems annoyed at his mere existence, at best tolerating him periodically.

Jack also knows that Jennifer's feeling for Daniel are not the only reason she's not choosing to be with Jack. Justified or not, she feels (and has told him) that she can't trust him, he's unreliable, he cares about his career more than his family, he never performed surgery on her, etc. So why would Jack think that Daniel removing himself from the triangle would be removing the only obstacle to Jack and Jennifer being together? He wouldn't. He would have to be completely uninformed about human behavior to think that Daniel breaking up with Jennifer would mean that her feelings for him (Daniel) would immediately disappear, along with all of her misgivings of Jack. But Jack isn't completely uninformed about people. He's extremely observant and knows what people are up to, even when it contradicts what they're actually saying. He's a reporter, for crying out loud! I can't stand seeing him written as so obtuse and naive.

And even if Jack could, against all evidence to the contrary, believe that Jennifer really does willingly choose him after Daniel leaves, his pride would never let himself settle for that! And I'm not even saying that Jack would feel, like so many of us feel, like Jennifer is acting very cold-heartedly and selfish, and Jack is way too good to have to put up with that kind of treatment. But I think about all the times that young, virginal Jennifer was coming on hard to Jack and he always asked, so earnestly, "Are you sure this is what you want?" Because it mattered to him, not only that she was sure she was ready to have sex, but that she truly wanted to be with him. Not only because he felt undeserving of her, but because he wanted to assure himself that her love for him was real and he could trust in it enough to make himself vulnerable to her. He wanted to know that if he took a giant leap of faith in being with her (and he knew that, to Jennifer, having sex would mean they were together and starting a real relationship), she wouldn't regret it three weeks down the road and break his heart.

I loved that part of Jack's personality. I loved that he was someone who so badly wanted to let people in and have real emotional intimacy with them, but was also so scared of being that vulnerable and struggled to protect himself from potential heartbreak. And if there's any time Jack should be feeling those things it's now, with Jennifer. He should be questioning whether Jennifer truly loves him or is just humoring him or pitying him because "he's the father of her children". He should be scared that Jennifer will never stop judging him and will never accept him as she once did, flaws and all. He should be worried that the next time he fails to be perfect, she's going to withhold her affection, or her head will be too easily turned by the next guy who comes along, seeming to be perfect. As a viewer, I also want him to share my annoyance and frustration-bordering-on-loathing of Jennifer, but I don't think that's in-character for Jack. But putting up a protective emotional shield sure is.
Excellent post! :applause: :applause: :applause: I just think that Jack is not seeing the real Jennifer right now. He' s still seeing the perfect image of Jennifer that his mind created in that cave. I think and hope sometime in the future he will walk in on Dannifer being intimate. Seeing them being intimate will finally shatter that image and allow him to see Jennifer - flaws and all.

Also there is the blame aspect. Jack blames himself for everything. He's not holding Jennifer accountable for anything because in his mind it's his fault for leaving in the first place. Once he gets some of his dignity and self-respect back I expect his attitude to change.
Edited by LanaluvsBroe, Dec 8 2011, 08:22 AM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

pspcindy
Member Avatar

There is not one thing I like about this story.

I am sick of MR pretending in interviews that Jennifer is torn. It reminds me of AS saying Sami was remorseful that she shot EJ in the head. Sami was only afriad of being caught. Jennifer is only torn up about the miraculous, wonderful, Dr. FAKEFREAKING Horton not screwing her anymore. Daniel is like a two year old. He told Jennifer to date both of them. But let Jack have anything other than the rough side of sweet little Jennifer's tongue and he falls to pieces. He's like the child who says let's play and I'll share my toys only to get upset seeing the other child actually enjoy the toy and then quits in a childish fit.

And how dare Jack think that things might work out for him with Jennifer? Yeah that's a great excuse to abuse Jack yet again you shrew. Someone should really clue MR into the fact that JRHorton is getting a beating with how Missy is playing this crap story. I knew it was crap when Jen had more sympathy for poor, tender Dr. Perv was hurt by snooping on a kiss than when Jack's excruiciating captivity was revealed.

I understand that if Jack and Jennifer are where this story is going the destination should have twists and turns. If the pair are united too soon that only leaves happy coupledom in the background or another trip to London. But the whole premise of the story that has been sold in print is false. Dr. Perv has had every advantage and every consideration in this story. Jack is the pimple that Jennifer cannot get rid of.

Either put the shrew with the perv and free Jack or make this a true struggle for Jennifer because so far, the only struggle is Jennifer enduring Jack's existence.
Offline Profile Goto Top

lastDays
Member Avatar

Both men need to dump Jen.Bring on JackDaniels !

I swear,what man in his right mind would accept a woman dating another while hes seeing her.? A man with no balls
Edited by lastDays, Dec 8 2011, 08:19 AM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Paxton
Member Avatar
Dreaming of a Melanie-free Days

Jen better watch out. Dr. Bonas withdrawing his magical loving can lead to side effects of depression, screwing man one barely knows and then deciding to actually get paid for it. Meanwhile, he'll just move on briskly to his new love . . . Kayla's returning that week, so he can move on to destroying his next supercouple.
Offline Profile Goto Top

NocturnalBlondie
Member Avatar
Make EJ/Abby happen, DAYS!

Daniel could literally punch her in the face, and I'm sure she'd find something to swoon over. Jennifer is officially brain dead!
Offline Profile Goto Top

JDeveraux_91
Member Avatar

:headbang: :headbang: I literally cannot read this shit that comes out of MR's mouth anymore. "Daniel is incredible, Jennifer really wuvs him, blah, blah, blah" The BS about how he saved her life drives me nuts. He's a frickin doctor Missy, it's his damn job! I had some very painful problems with my gall bladder a couple of years ago and finally had it removed. The doctor who removed it was a nice looking man ... maybe I should have started an extramarital affair with him since he relieved me of the pain and I was so grateful. :eyeroll: :shame:
Offline Profile Goto Top

annie21

Every time we think this story couldn't get any worse -- that the writers couldn't think of a worse option to choose among so many other options -- it does, and they do. :shame:

The last part of the article was telling. I believe that the next step will be that Jen and Dan get engaged. His seemingly selfless decision is actually a way to force her into choosing. For fear of losing him, she'll "reflect" and then decide she has to choose Daniel. He'll propose to be sure he hangs onto her this time.

As I mentioned earlier, this will all happen before Daniel leaves town. Thus, while he's away for whatever length of time, Jennifer will be thrown into situations with Jack (the campaign, reporting, etc.), but she'll be engaged so that's what will continue to generate angst in this situation.

The writers must think they are so clever. But as someone pointed out, this is by far the worst story of the reset (although there are a couple of other contenders for that title.)

I agree with whoever noticed -- it's strange and perhaps telling that SC isn't quoted. Of course, let's remember, this is first and foremost a Jennifer story. This is constantly referred to by TPTB and the marketers as Jennifer's Dilemma and the "Who Will Jennifer Choose?" storyline. They're trying to sell it. We're just not buying it.

The problem is that they're basing everything on a very weak premise. We're supposed to believe that there is some great love between Jennifer and Daniel, but that was never shown. For one thing, Daniel is not a well-developed character with clearly defined needs, wants, flaws, and other three-dimensional character traits on the same level as the likes of Jennifer or Jack. For another thing, we never saw them fall in love. We never saw them really struggle and overcome every obstacle to be together. It's a very shallow pairing that was forced and rushed. It isn't capable of serving as a solid foundation upon which to build, and therefore, in order to sell it, the writers have got to dumb down characters, re-write or mis-remember history, and go with other tired plot-driven choices that have never worked and will never work.

It strikes me that the writing team didn't really invest in setting up this story. They thought in broad brushstrokes: Classic Love Triangle. Drawn-out Decision. Angst. Yada-yada. They handed this broad concept over to someone else. And whoever is fleshing out this storyline isn't putting in the work and the care that is being put into other storylines. Maybe that's why Jack is being written so well in the PTSD storyline, and then he goes back to being a caricature, stick-like figure in the triangle. And maybe that's why Daniel is almost a non-entity and Jennifer is the most OOC person in Salem right now.

Offline Profile Goto Top

J&J4eva

annie21
Dec 8 2011, 09:21 AM
Every time we think this story couldn't get any worse -- that the writers couldn't think of a worse option to choose among so many other options -- it does, and they do. :shame:

The last part of the article was telling. I believe that the next step will be that Jen and Dan get engaged. His seemingly selfless decision is actually a way to force her into choosing. For fear of losing him, she'll "reflect" and then decide she has to choose Daniel. He'll propose to be sure he hangs onto her this time.

As I mentioned earlier, this will all happen before Daniel leaves town. Thus, while he's away for whatever length of time, Jennifer will be thrown into situations with Jack (the campaign, reporting, etc.), but she'll be engaged so that's what will continue to generate angst in this situation.

The writers must think they are so clever. But as someone pointed out, this is by far the worst story of the reset (although there are a couple of other contenders for that title.)

I agree with whoever noticed -- it's strange and perhaps telling that SC isn't quoted. Of course, let's remember, this is first and foremost a Jennifer story. This is constantly referred to by TPTB and the marketers as Jennifer's Dilemma and the "Who Will Jennifer Choose?" storyline. They're trying to sell it. We're just not buying it.

The problem is that they're basing everything on a very weak premise. We're supposed to believe that there is some great love between Jennifer and Daniel, but that was never shown. For one thing, Daniel is not a well-developed character with clearly defined needs, wants, flaws, and other three-dimensional character traits on the same level as the likes of Jennifer or Jack. For another thing, we never saw them fall in love. We never saw them really struggle and overcome every obstacle to be together. It's a very shallow pairing that was forced and rushed. It isn't capable of serving as a solid foundation upon which to build, and therefore, in order to sell it, the writers have got to dumb down characters, re-write or mis-remember history, and go with other tired plot-driven choices that have never worked and will never work.

It strikes me that the writing team didn't really invest in setting up this story. They thought in broad brushstrokes: Classic Love Triangle. Drawn-out Decision. Angst. Yada-yada. They handed this broad concept over to someone else. And whoever is fleshing out this storyline isn't putting in the work and the care that is being put into other storylines. Maybe that's why Jack is being written so well in the PTSD storyline, and then he goes back to being a caricature, stick-like figure in the triangle. And maybe that's why Daniel is almost a non-entity and Jennifer is the most OOC person in Salem right now.

Agree with you completely! Excellent post. I said above that he is manipulating her to push her into a decision and when she chases him he will expect that they will become exclusive finally releasing Jack. Then Daniel will need to go away and so Jack can't get his claws into her while he's gone he proposes and she accepts.

While he is away of course they finally have a chance to showcase Jack and Jennifer but for one reason or another, maybe she's still too scared or he's stonewalling her, she marries Daniel when he returns but her heart is no longer in it as it once was.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Romancer66

And so all the times Jack stood by Jennifer, the times he risked his life for her, not because it was his job but because he loved her, mean squat to her? And I'm so sick of MR's same old spiel--she sounds like a broken record.

And Dr. Douche can't even play by his own rules. He's the asshole who suggested this dating game scenario, and he's the one pouting and stomping his feet because it's not going the way he wants it to. If anyone needs to grow up in this situation, it's not Jack.

Fine--let Jack realize that this sniveling ninny is not the woman he's loved for more than 20 years and find the strength to walk away from her. At this point he's far more interesting on his own than part of this lame triangle.
Online Profile Goto Top

lovethesopas

All the posts in this thread are well thought out and insightfully describe the dreck that is on our screens right now. Truthfully, I have posted before many times that I think that the character of jennifer is really ruined this time. pick daniel and take us all out of this misery. be happy with the annointed one, let jack move on with another woman who does appreciate him. i don't want jack and jennifer to be put together, the magic is gone, baby gone...
Offline Profile Goto Top

jackjenfan
Member Avatar

MR really has to get another excuse to say in interviews on why we're still being subjected to this horrific, boring triangle. I don't see Jennifer being torn at all. I see an ex-wife getting off on brow beating her ex-husband and stringing him along while rubbing her current relationship in her ex's face. Jennifer knows exactly what she is doing and that's is treating a good man who loves her like dirt on her shoes.
Daniel decides to act like a child who doesn't want to share after being the one to come up with the stupid idea of Jennifer dating the both of them to begin with. This should be making Jennifer see that Daniel is not the mature man in this picture. He's a jerk who's using her emotions against her for his own gain. Jack actually makes an effort to listen to her and tries to meet her needs. I see Daniel only working for his own needs and his own gain. Please let the tanned rat go Jennifer, please!
Offline Profile Goto Top

LanaluvsBroe
Member Avatar

J&J4eva
Dec 8 2011, 09:34 AM
annie21
Dec 8 2011, 09:21 AM

Agree with you completely! Excellent post. I said above that he is manipulating her to push her into a decision and when she chases him he will expect that they will become exclusive finally releasing Jack. Then Daniel will need to go away and so Jack can't get his claws into her while he's gone he proposes and she accepts.

While he is away of course they finally have a chance to showcase Jack and Jennifer but for one reason or another, maybe she's still too scared or he's stonewalling her, she marries Daniel when he returns but her heart is no longer in it as it once was.
I honestly hope it goes this way. Jack needs to be free of Jennifer until she comes to her senses.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Romancer66

nocturnalblondie
Dec 8 2011, 06:07 AM
Dusty
Dec 8 2011, 06:02 AM
Can someone please tell me what the deal with Jennifer's heart was?
When Hope was in prison, there was this scheme where the jail warden was selling organs on the black market. When Jennifer was onto them, they removed her heart, and she "died" until Daniel saved her by an operation where he put her heart into place again.

But the way Jen's been acting, looks like Daniel gave her a chimpanzee's heart, or maybe he confused the prison meatloaf for her heart, who knows! I don't know what he did, but this is not the real Jennifer Rose! :soapbox:
Hence, Jen-Jen has no room to cast stones at Jack for putting his job ahead of his family, because she did exactly the same thing chasing the organ selling story and almost died for it. Nor does she have a leg to stand on when it comes to jumping to conclusions, because she does that repeatedly with Jack--first assuming that he's following her in disguise on Halloween (something that could have been easily disproved by picking up the phone and calling their son to verify Jack's whereabouts), and then assuming he was leaving on assignment based on hearing part of a phone conversation that was really his accepting a job at Salem U.

I repeat, Jack isn't the immature one in this storyline.
Online Profile Goto Top

DesignatedShelley
Member Avatar

This storyline is such a fucking mess.

Okay fine, Daniel has enough with the dating game. Any sane person would. Jack, however, is not in his right frame of mind, so ... I can explain it that way. Jennifer has been his way of getting through his past year of torture, I can explain his behavior this way. But I need the writers to incorporate that more into his PTSD storyline.

As for Jennifer ... whatever. I don't know what there is left to say. A doctor saved my life once, I didn't feel like falling in love with him. If Jennifer is in love with Daniel, just say it and leave it at that, there shouldn't need to be a justification for love. It makes it seem like Jennifer loves people on conditions ...

Which could be a good story. But I'm not optimistic about the writers going there. And it's certainly different from the "I believe what I feel" Jennifer of yore, so yes, it would need an explanation.

And Jack saved her life how many times?

And it is still stupid of her to be so distrustful of Jack because he left to write a story and got taken hostage (never once CHOOSING to be away from his family for a whole year). It could make sense if it was an accumulation of feelings spurred by the actions of many, including Bill and Laura, Frankie, Peter, and maybe even Daniel if he leaves her, maybe exacerbated by some mental issues inherited from her mother. But that's not how the story is being written.

This is MarDar's worst storyline. Even the teen website thing is at least kept in its appropriate place as a D story most of the time.
Offline Profile Goto Top

KMan101
Member Avatar

Oh god. Ugh.

And now Jack's drinking the Daniel kool-aid?
Offline Profile Goto Top

MissLola
Member Avatar

This story blows! Wake me when it's over.
:moon:
Offline Profile Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Create a free forum in seconds.
Learn More · Register for Free
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Locked Topic