Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Sad news: Molly Burnett's mother has passed away
Topic Started: Dec 8 2011, 11:49 AM (11,182 Views)
Kevc1980
Member Avatar

This made me tear up a bit..Molly is a really sweet girll. I've now met her a couple times. Hope she is able to stay strong...
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Deleted User
Deleted User

My heart breaks for Molly. No one should have to go through that. Her and her family will be in my thoughts and prayers. :(
Quote Post Goto Top

lene
Member Avatar

This is heartbreaking. I can't imagine the pain she's going through right now. :(

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

Very sad news.

jackjenfan
Member Avatar

I'm very sorry to hear of her loss. It's never easy losing anyone that you love, especially this time of year. My thoughts are with her and her family.

OliveAnn

My deepest condolences to the entire Burnett family. May God give them enough strength and faith to stick together and deal with their loss.

robolynn

Losing your mom at any age is so hard. I was a teenager when mine passed away. Praying for Molly and the rest of her family.

SoapGal1
Member Avatar

So very sorry for Molly & her whole family.

It's got to be terrible to lose your mother at any time, but it seems like it would be especially hard this time of year.

My thoughts & prayers go out to the whole Burnett family.

Kansa
Member Avatar

So sorry to hear about this! My condolences to Molly and her family.

CalAggie87

This is very sad, I have not heard of the condition. Having an ill parent, and then dying during the holidays is rough. My mother died Thanksgiving 09, after battling Parkinson's. Her death though was a surprise. But at least she was 89, and she died at home. I really made the holidays rough. I hope the best for Molly and her family.

daisy132

Poor Molly... Heartbreaking news.

Angie79
Member Avatar
Royal Reporter

That's so sad. My thoughts are with Molly and her family. :(

james0479
Member Avatar

After thinking about this news for awhile, my heart really breaks for the poor girl. While Melanie has never been a favorite of mine or most fans and we give her a hard time sometimes, Molly seems like a real trooper and a sweet lady. I almost wish we could all print our names on a card and send it from the Daytime Royalty crew.....although, I don't know if it would make her feel any better if she's visited the board! I sent her a tweet and posted on FB. Hopefully she will feel the prayers and love during this deeply emotional time. Bless her heart. I may not worry about Melanie...but I am concerned about Molly.

Ellie

james0479
Dec 8 2011, 02:08 PM
After thinking about this news for awhile, my heart really breaks for the poor girl. While Melanie has never been a favorite of mine or most fans and we give her a hard time sometimes, Molly seems like a real trooper and a sweet lady. I almost wish we could all print our names on a card and send it from the Daytime Royalty crew.....although, I don't know if it would make her feel any better if she's visited the board! I sent her a tweet and posted on FB. Hopefully she will feel the prayers and love during this deeply emotional time. Bless her heart. I may not worry about Melanie...but I am concerned about Molly.
I agree with you... we did tweet her from DR this morning. If everyone wants, I can put this thread in more of a 'card' form (like perhaps buy/write a card and sign the names from this thread) and send it to her at the studio. If people are interested in our doing that, post here and let me know.

Spencer Hastings
Member Avatar

Ellie
Dec 8 2011, 02:19 PM
james0479
I agree with you... we did tweet her from DR this morning. If everyone wants, I can put this thread in more of a 'card' form (like perhaps buy/write a card and sign the names from this thread) and send it to her at the studio. If people are interested in our doing that, post here and let me know.
I think that's a wonderful idea. Although nothing will make her feel better, it may be comforting to know that Days fans are thinking of her during this time.

Mitchapalooza
Member Avatar
Killing myself slowly

Ellie
james0479
Please don't add me to the card...Molly hates me a lot...so it would probably just upset her I think.

Good gesture though, really classy move Ellie!

Edited by Mitchapalooza, Dec 8 2011, 02:25 PM.

james0479
Member Avatar

Ellie
james0479
I think it would be a sweet gesture....a physical card with the screen names of us who would like to participate. It would be an exclusive gesture from Daytime Royality to let her know while we may be snarky, we have hearts and feel her pain right now. It's not much but it's a sweet thing to do. I'd even be open to sending the money for the card and/or postage. I feel for the girl, what can I say!

Angie79
Member Avatar
Royal Reporter

Ellie
james0479
I like that idea.

james0479
Member Avatar

Mitchapalooza
Dec 8 2011, 02:24 PM
Ellie
james0479
Please don't add me to the card...Molly hates me a lot...so it would probably just upset her I think.

Good gesture though, really classy move Ellie!

I wasn't expecting to giggle anywhere in this thread but "please don't put my name on it" made me laugh. Oh Mitch!

CalAggie87

That is wonderful. It really does help. It was great getting emails and FB notes from friends from school and college -- especially when they talked about things my mother did for them, of course that would not be the case here. But it does help a little getting notes of support.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply