Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
ABC Ratings Report - Nov 28 to Dec 2
Topic Started: Dec 8 2011, 07:20 PM (1,881 Views)
talbab1994
Member Avatar

ABC is Daytime's No. 1 Network in Women 18-49 and Women 25-54

* ABC stood as Daytime's No. 1 network in Women 18-49 (1.0 rating/642,000) and Women 25-54 (1.3 rating/821,000).

* In Women 18-49, "The View" (No. 2 - 1.2 rating/749,000), "One Life to Live" (No. 3T - 1.0 rating/666,000) and "General Hospital" (No. 3T - 1.0 rating/651,000) ranked among the week's Top 3 Daytime programs.

* In Women 25-54, "The View" (No. 2 - 1.6 rating/953,000), "One Life to Live" (No. 3 - 1.4 rating/848,000) and "General Hospital" (No. 4T -- 1.3 rating/816,000) placed among the week's Top 4 Daytime programs.

Daytime Rank: Total Viewers Women 18-49 (Rtg/000s)

No. 1 CBS 3.40 million No. 1 ABC 1.0/642,000
No. 2 ABC 2.76 million No. 2T NBC 0.9/587,000
No. 3 NBC 2.46 million No. 2T CBS 0.9/548,000

Top 5 Daytime Programs in Women 18-49 (rank based on rating)

The Young & the Restless CBS 1.3/803,000
The View ABC 1.2/749,000
One Life to Live ABC 1.0/666,000
General Hospital ABC 1.0/651,000
Days of Our Lives CBS 0.9/587,000

Toups made this comment on this weeks ratings: Damn. DAYS fell hard. I was hoping they would at least stay in the 600,000's.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Mitchapalooza
Member Avatar
Killing myself slowly

Delete
Edited by Mitchapalooza, Dec 8 2011, 08:18 PM.

talbab1994
Member Avatar

Toups from SON said Days tanked!! Actually, his exact wording was that Days fell hard!!

Mitchapalooza
Member Avatar
Killing myself slowly

DAYS OF OUR LIVES

Week of Nov 28 to Dec 2

Total Viewers:
DAYS - 2,460,000 (-77,000)

Women 18-49 Rating:
DAYS - 0.9 (-.2)

Women 18-49 Viewers:
DAYS - 587,000 (-116,000)

Mitchapalooza
Member Avatar
Killing myself slowly

talbab1994
Dec 8 2011, 07:53 PM
Toups from SON said Days tanked!! Actually, his exact wording was that Days fell hard!!
He is right....the show lost almost 120K 18-49 Viewers in one week....that is TERRIBLE

Kenny
Member Avatar

I knew Days wouldn't be able to retain the viewers they gained. They'll see even more drops in the next two weeks. Spoilers seem to indicate that there's nothing worth watching coming up.

Mitchapalooza
Member Avatar
Killing myself slowly

Kenny
Dec 8 2011, 07:57 PM
I knew Days wouldn't be able to retain the viewers they gained. They'll see even more drops in the next two weeks. Spoilers seem to indicate that there's nothing worth watching coming up.
They dropped almost 120K in 18-49 Viewers in ONE WEEK....that is VERY VERY bad!

Can't wait to see the dailies.

Hamilton
Member Avatar

Just goes to show story over stunts

Queen B
Member Avatar

UGH

Queen B
Member Avatar

R.I.P DAYS

ChampagneRiver
Member Avatar

When will Days learn? Stunts and shocks work on a very, very short term basis--then when they're over, viewers tune out. Sadly, I no longer believe the current HWs are capable of delivering on their promises of character-driven stories that would make people care about the show on a ongoing basis.

happy
Member Avatar

This makes me sad. I loved Wed, November 30th - Jack and Marlena's first therapy session. And Friday, December 2nd - Will's tantrum after Gabi breaks up with him.

But I think part of the problem is that the GA doesnt know those great episodes are coming - so they don't tune in. There isn't a build up - just one day a gem of a scene(s) suddenly appears out of a misty/dull week.

The Ejami sex week brought ratings, but that also had week long build up and tons of marketing/buzz. The Jack and Will breakdowns weren't built up or advertised. I did see the promo for Will's "bad week" - but the promo didn't do the scenes justice. I waited the following week before seeing the taped Friday episode (because I had some time to kill) and was then pleasantly surprised to not forward the teen set. That was the first and only time I really enjoyed them.

With Will calling out Sami during the tree trimming - MarDar show they can write some good soap. But everything else this week has sucked. Why are they so spotty? I think consistency is the key to sustained improvement in ratings.

I know I am only tuning in to see one or two characters or scenes. But that kind of viewership won't save DOOL. The entire show has to be consistently good and interesting. Get the fans to tune in for their favorites and then get sucked into watching the whole show. That means good long story - not just a few powerhouse scenes every blue moon (as we may blink, or fail to wake up or tune in, and miss them)
Edited by happy, Dec 8 2011, 08:40 PM.

JDeveraux_91
Member Avatar

I figured this would happen. Days pulled a stunt for the last week of sweeps, then immediately went back to the same old shit. I did enjoy Jack and Marlena's therapy session and Will's tantrum but I think Days has burnt so many of their viewers now that they aren't going to be sticking around to get burnt again. I can relate since I feel that as a JnJ fan the writers are giving me a HUGE :flipoff: :flipoff: every time I tune in.

Aliaron
Member Avatar

happy
Dec 8 2011, 08:39 PM
This makes me sad. I loved Wed, November 30th - Jack and Marlena's first therapy session. And Friday, December 2nd - Will's tantrum after Gabi breaks up with him.

But I think part of the problem is that the GA doesnt know those great episodes are coming - so they don't tune in. There isn't a build up - just one day a gem of a scene(s) suddenly appears out of a misty/dull week.

The Ejami sex week brought ratings, but that also had week long build up and tons of marketing/buzz. The Jack and Will breakdowns weren't built up or advertised. I did see the promo for Will's "bad week" - but the promo didn't do the scenes justice. I waited the following week before seeing the taped Friday episode (because I had some time to kill) and was then pleasantly surprised to not forward the teen set. That was the first and only time I really enjoyed them.

With Will calling out Sami during the tree trimming - MarDar show they can write some good soap. But everything else this week has sucked. Why are they so spotty? I think consistency is the key to sustained improvement in ratings.

I know I am only tuning in to see one or two characters or scenes. But that kind of viewership won't save DOOL. The entire show has to be consistently good and interesting. Get the fans to tune in for their favorites and then get sucked into watching the whole show. That means good long story - not just a few powerhouse scenes every blue moon (as we may blink, or fail to wake up or tune in, and miss them)
I think the only reason they gained that week was it was holiday week. People were at home, but when you look at the numbers, they are not really impressive. I knew DOOL would tumble this week. Stunts that have nothing to do with character growth are worthless, especially when they ruin characters.

px780
Member Avatar
Streetcorner Philosopher

Aliaron
Dec 8 2011, 09:47 PM
I think the only reason they gained that week was it was holiday week. People were at home, but when you look at the numbers, they are not really impressive. I knew DOOL would tumble this week. Stunts that have nothing to do with character growth are worthless, especially when they ruin characters.
I'm glad you said that about the holiday week. It would seem that perhaps an audience is out there, though, so maybe Days should try some new stuff before it gets canceled and they have to try and make that work to stay alive.

If it's not holiday-related, I'd be more apt to say that people didn't like what they saw during the prior week, hence the dip. It's tough to pin ratings to storylines though, imho, on a week-to-week basis whether they get the credit or the blame.

Checkers
Member Avatar

That sucks for DOOL.

ElvisDiMera
Member Avatar

They doing the same stuff they did before so makes sense ratings are back to what they were before. I sure hope Days didn't expect ratings to stay up. The know the ratings their crap gets. The lesson is to NOT write fluff/crap and carry on the same storylines/pairings the audience has repeatedly rejected (via the ratings).

I was certainly one of the 18-49 demo group who did not bother to watch last week nor have I bothered this week nor do I see any reason to bother anytime soon. You want my viewership, you have to deserve it. Stop beating dead horses is your first clue on how to deserve it.

Deleted User
Deleted User

THE YOUNG AND THE RESTLESS was the top-rated daytime drama for the 1,196th consecutive week, or 23 years, according to Nielsen live plus same day ratings

- THE YOUNG AND THE RESTLESS was also first in women 25-54 for the 250th time in 251 weeks and first in women 18-49 for the 245th time in 247 weeks.

- THE YOUNG AND THE RESTLESS was down about 7% to a 1.3 Women 18-49 on an audience of 803,000 viewers.

- Compared to one year ago, THE YOUNG AND THE RESTLESS was down 290,000 viewers.

- DAYS OF OUR LIVES was steady with a 0.9 Women 18-49 on an audience of 587,000 viewers.

- Compared to one year ago, DAYS OF OUR LIVES was down 158,000 viewers.

- ONE LIFE TO LIVE was steady with a 1.0 Women 18-49 on an audience of 666,000 viewers.

- Compared to one year ago, ONE LIFE TO LIVE is up 56,000 viewers.

- GENERAL HOSPITAL was steady with a 1.0 Women 18-49 on an audience of 651,000 viewers.

- Compared to one year ago, GENERAL HOSPITAL was down 118,000 viewers.

WeLoveSoaps
Quote Post Goto Top

happy
Member Avatar

Interesting. I keep hearing that Y&R sucks, but they are still the number one soap. So what does that say about all the other soaps that are trailing in ratings?

I saw an old promo on YouTube years ago from the cast of DOOL - thanking the audience for making them the top rated soap that week. It featured Patch/Kayla and Jack/Jennifer. I wonder if that was the last time Y&R was knocked off their perch.

Why isn't KC trying to have Days emulate that time - rather than hiring JER/Passions folk? And why fire a great producer who learned from a master, who came from the top rated Y&R? Maxam made DOOL look so much better. I don't get it. I am not looking forward to DOOL looking cheap and laughable again.

ProphecyGirl

Days stinks for me. I have barely watched in the last three weeks, and I watched a lot of the Higley junk.

Days got an expected bump due to the holidays/Ejami sex stunt. But the actual stories, if you can call them stories, are terrible.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · General Daytime News · Next Topic »
Add Reply