Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
The Bay to TV? (Update: Looks like no...)
Topic Started: Dec 9 2011, 01:01 AM (1,750 Views)
Actor87
Member Avatar
The Royal Dork

A tweet from @JimRomanovich:

Finally have some positive news that The Bay, in some form, will end up on television mid 2012. That's the plan.

Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

happy
Member Avatar

Wow! This is impressive. Good for them :-)

Kriss4

Heard about this, and I hope it happens! As long as Mary Beth is in it, I'm there!

And Matt...and Charlie...and heck...The Bay's got an all-star cast of who's who in the soap world over the last couple of decades...not to mention that it's a pretty good show at this point. It's over all those growing pains and it really looks and IS good now.

tiki_girl
Member Avatar

Anymore news heard about this????

RogerNewcomb
Member Avatar

There is a four hour summer mini-series in the works. I mentioned it in an interview I did a while back (but can't remember which one, a radio thing). Lots of other stuff in the works too but, as with a lot of plans, they can't release it until all the Is are dotted and Ts are crossed. :)

Kriss4

Any updates on The Bay going to television? Is it still in the planning stages or has the idea been shelved for now?

RogerNewcomb
Member Avatar

Kriss4
Apr 9 2012, 05:26 PM
Any updates on The Bay going to television? Is it still in the planning stages or has the idea been shelved for now?
Summer mini-series is still in the works as far as I know.

Ellie

An update on this - doesn't sound like it's happening:

https://twitter.com/JimRomanovich/status/264188259557572608

Jim @JimRomanovich: Met with The CW two weeks ago with hopes of turning Darkside of the Bay into a summer series for them. They liked the concept, but no go

NocturnalBlondie
Member Avatar
Make EJ/Abby happen, DAYS!

Darn. :(

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Web Soaps Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply