Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Latest Ratings: Nov 28 to Dec 2; Bad Week for all Soaps
Topic Started: Dec 9 2011, 06:03 PM (2,345 Views)
Renee Dimera
Member Avatar

I'm not trying to be a smartass, I promise, but what exactly are "traditional midwestern values"? Are they different from traditional values in other parts of the U.S.?
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

FanODays

Boy GH better get their act together. I admit that with the craziness of the holidays I don't watch GH although if it were good I might try and find the time.

As for Days, bringing back more vets isn't the answer, its all in the storytelling. What's annoying viewers, it seems, is that we're being promised something and aren't getting it.

Mitchapalooza
Member Avatar
Killing myself slowly

talbab1994
Dec 11 2011, 08:04 AM
I still want to know how Days can afford this cast! Does anyone know with Soap Net going off the air in the near future, will Days lose money from this? I know they make money from that so with these funds gone, how will this hurt the show? Will it?
Yes, they will lose money from this, or Corday Productions/Sony will lose money, not NBC.

But the overall benefit of SoapNet helps DAYS because the more money their parent companies have, the more the trickle down effect is.

talbab1994
Member Avatar

Mitchapalooza
Dec 12 2011, 12:23 PM
talbab1994
I still want to know how Days can afford this cast! Does anyone know with Soap Net going off the air in the near future, will Days lose money from this? I know they make money from that so with these funds gone, how will this hurt the show? Will it?
Yes, they will lose money from this, or Corday Productions/Sony will lose money, not NBC.

But the overall benefit of SoapNet helps DAYS because the more money their parent companies have, the more the trickle down effect is.
So, with Soap Net shutting down, Corday/Sony will lose money and this lack of funds will trickle down to Days? If that happens, again, how will they afford a cast this size?

Mitch, thanks for answering my question too! :)
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

CalAggie87

Though I always thought that ratings matter, but that what really matters is the ratings during Sweeps because it was during this time that ad revenue rates are set. Is that correct?

I think DAYS does pretty good from foreign syndication. Corday, Inc. and Sony, Inc. get money for that; from what I gather not NBC. And when exactly is SN going off the air? I thought there was still about a year left or at least six months. If it is that long then Corday will be getting some money from there as well.

But I do think that there will be some actors leaving in the new year. And I bet that Matt, Dee and Drake did not require as much money as they would have got in the past. And I think Christie and Patrick are not that expensive.

Mitchapalooza
Member Avatar
Killing myself slowly

talbab1994
Dec 12 2011, 12:53 PM
Mitchapalooza
Dec 12 2011, 12:23 PM
talbab1994

So, with Soap Net shutting down, Corday/Sony will lose money and this lack of funds will trickle down to Days? If that happens, again, how will they afford a cast this size?

Mitch, thanks for answering my question too! :)
Well I have no idea how they are affording the biggest contract cast in daytime on the budget that they have from NBC.

Perhaps Corday Productions/Sony are off setting some extra costs...I know Corday said he would be doing this back in June for the relaunch, so who knows.

Losing the SoapNet deal which is money in the freaking bank for CP/Sony, is going to suck, they literally did not have ANY costs associated with that deal.

Beth
Member Avatar

When was the last time we saw a 2.0???

Mitchapalooza
Member Avatar
Killing myself slowly

Beth
Dec 14 2011, 02:17 PM
When was the last time we saw a 2.0???
Relaunch week...they got a 2.1 on the Monday episode that week.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · General Daytime News · Next Topic »
Add Reply