Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Michael Fairman Interview with Missy Reeves
Topic Started: Dec 17 2011, 02:57 AM (9,537 Views)
Evan
Member Avatar

Wow, this will cause some reaction, and not just about the Jack/Jen/Daniel triangle:
http://t.co/S5Aa21zM
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

leela46

Hmm, they scrapped some things and are rewriting some things. Makes me hope that TPTB have listened to the fans and are resolving this triangle.

Evan
Member Avatar

Oh well, it looks like the Abby/Austin thing might blow up LOL

niki51586

I think I actually love this interview. I love it for the Jennifer/Abby stuff, Jennifer losing both guys, Missy commenting on Jennifer not really being Jennifer and I love MR at the end NOT sugarcoating how she feels about that fans reaction to it all. Oh and the re-writing! Please, oh please oh please, let us finally get into some deep emotional stuff like the first few Day's after Jack returned. MR, MA and KM have great family chemistry and all three seem to have the backbone for the raw emotional stuff so please give it to me :pray:

Once again Abby sticking it to Jennifer and blaming it on not having her father around and I also take it from MR's comments that in a round about way Abby is actually making this about Jennifer and all of her actions, choices and behaviors. :pray:

I have a lot of praying going on over here but there is so much potential I can't bare them wasting talented actors for another storyline hour!

lene
Member Avatar

“Well, I didn’t have my dad around.”
not a good argument to use if Abby actually wants to be with Austin & have Jen's blessing.. lol

ChampagneRiver
Member Avatar

Not much new here. The only interesting thing to me was her saying, "And then I heard they scrapped some things and are re-writing some things."

So I assume at least they know that what they've been putting on the screen so far is bombing. That's good. Whether the new stuff will be any better than the garbage we've seen so far is anybody's guess.

Quote:

Once again Abby sticking it to Jennifer and blaming it on not having her father around and I also take it from MR's comments that in a round about way Abby is actually making this about Jennifer and all of her actions, choices and behaviors.
Nah, sounds to me like everything is going to be Jack's fault, as usual.

Alin89
Member Avatar

i dont care jen is ruined for me.

Evan
Member Avatar

I want some good meaty family drama & dynamics between Jack, Jennifer & Abby............with no Daniel around.

AHM

^Me too. And I do hope she loses both guys and---please, finally!---has to to fight for Jack. Again, I didn't like how she described Jennifer's situation with Jack, but oh well. I also hope the rewriting and scrapping turns out better than this current nonsense. Since The Phantom Menace, I don't know if I've ever seen such horribly squandered story potential as what they could have had for Jack and Jennifer when he returned. I also don't know why she seems to think Jennifer being in the center of a triangle is the only way to create angst. We can ship Daniel off now and have oodles of angst for Jack and Jennifer, particularly if she breaks Jack's heart, which really, I can't believe she hasn't already.

Thomson
Member Avatar

Quote:

Since Jack is dealing with his own post traumatic stress disorder situation, do you think she feels that she wants to be there for him because of that?

MELISSA: Yeah, because she does care about him and this was her husband and they have children together, and because of their past and their history. She does want to help him.

Just, how many times has she said this stupid crap? He was not just her husband, he is not just the father of her kids, he is her soulmate whom she spent most of her life with... This triangle sucks big time and isn't believable at all.

Edited by Thomson, Dec 17 2011, 06:16 AM.

ChampagneRiver
Member Avatar

I haven't seen a lot of people attacking her personally. Jennifer, hell yes. Missy, no. Have they been criticizing her acting? Yes. Fair game, IMO. Have they been unhappy with what she's said in her interviews? Yes, but again, fair game IMO. If you are a public figure, you have to expect that.

She's a soap vet and she knows how things work. Actors shouldn't be reading the boards (especially this one) unless they've got thick skin. Other actors have gotten far worse treatment here than she will ever receive.

Kenny
Member Avatar

Thank God for re-writes!

AHM

Thomson
Dec 17 2011, 04:16 AM
Since Jack is dealing with his own post traumatic stress disorder situation, do you think she feels that she wants to be there for him because of that?

MELISSA: Yeah, because she does care about him and this was her husband and they have children together, and because of their past and their history. She does want to help him.
Just, how many times has she said this stupid crap? He was not just her husband, he is not just the father of her kids, he is her soulmate whom she spent most of her life with... This triangle sucks big time and isn't believable at all.

^This!

I think her answering this question the way she does again and again is the main reason she, and not just the character, is getting heat. And, yeah, there seem to be nuances missed in the acting department also.
Edited by AHM, Dec 17 2011, 04:36 AM.

jane1978

Oh god, why are the DAYS writers so dense. Another Jennifer centered triangle is bombing? Yeah, big surprise because all the previous went so well. And of course they will be too stubborn to just admit this was wrong from beginning, rather they will try a different approach (aka, Jennifer "investigating" Colin back in 2002) and waste even more time. Of course, if they are really crazy enough to try another round of Bo/Hope/Billie as well (and the SID preview most likely means they are), we will probably get another Patrick/Billie resolution and after the Bope triangle crashes as well they will attempt to pair Dan with Billie.

As for what Missy said, thanks for confirmation she purposefully plays the scenes as if Jennifer wants to be with Daniel and just feels sorry/obligation/whatever for Jack. Thatīs clearly not whatīs in the script and the results are WTF moments like Daniel saying Jennifer lights up whenever Jack enters the room. So even when Iīm fully able to differentiate between character and actor I also think I have full right to be disappointed in Missy the actress as well. She is the one who makes already terrible story even worse and treats the always supporting J/J fanbase like crap.

Itīs also nice to know both Matt will be put on BB for who knows how long (I hope nobody is foolish enough to think they will give Jack any life outside of Jennifer) and the show will just focus on Jennifer in the campaign story. All in all, nothing to look forward, but Iīm atleast pleased they were forced to aknowledge whatīs on screen now isnīt working. Maybe sometime in April or whenever the rewrites hit the screen things will turn better.

CynthiaHaskins1

I just wanrted to say that bo and hope are not going in a another love triangle with billie.and plus billie is going to be in her own storyline probably with kate.
Edited by CynthiaHaskins1, Dec 17 2011, 08:33 AM.

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
LUMI

I love the fact that they are doing rewrites on this story but I don't trust the writers that the rewrites will be exactly what the fans want to see....

Oh and at first the idea of Austin/Abby creaped me out, but now I have to say it sort of, kind of makes sense that she would seek a father type figure and fall for that person.

LanaluvsBroe
Member Avatar

jane1978
Dec 17 2011, 04:49 AM
Oh god, why are the DAYS writers so dense. Another Jennifer centered triangle is bombing? Yeah, big surprise because all the previous went so well. And of course they will be too stubborn to just admit this was wrong from beginning, rather they will try a different approach (aka, Jennifer "investigating" Colin back in 2002) and waste even more time. Of course, if they are really crazy enough to try another round of Bo/Hope/Billie as well (and the SID preview most likely means they are), we will probably get another Patrick/Billie resolution and after the Bope triangle crashes as well they will attempt to pair Dan with Billie.

As for what Missy said, thanks for confirmation she purposefully plays the scenes as if Jennifer wants to be with Daniel and just feels sorry/obligation/whatever for Jack. Thatīs clearly not whatīs in the script and the results are WTF moments like Daniel saying Jennifer lights up whenever Jack enters the room. So even when Iīm fully able to differentiate between character and actor I also think I have full right to be disappointed in Missy the actress as well. She is the one who makes already terrible story even worse and treats the always supporting J/J fanbase like crap.

Itīs also nice to know both Matt will be put on BB for who knows how long (I hope nobody is foolish enough to think they will give Jack any life outside of Jennifer) and the show will just focus on Jennifer in the campaign story. All in all, nothing to look forward, but Iīm atleast pleased they were forced to aknowledge whatīs on screen now isnīt working. Maybe sometime in April or whenever the rewrites hit the screen things will turn better.

I don't think Matt is going to be on the back burner. He has the PTSD storyline and the Salem U storyline. And I'm hoping they'll keep him involved in John's storyline. But poor Jack, he is going to be devastated when he finds out about Abby & Austin. But I am hoping he'll be free of Jen-Jen sooner than later.

Beth
Member Avatar

I didn't like it at all. MR sounds like she prefers Daniel because he is young and hot. Jack is like an old shoe. If I was MR real life husband I would be keeping my eye on her.

Romancer66

A few interesting things, like the rewrites and the possibility of Jen-Jen losing both guys (Please, make it so--no one deserves a double-dumping more!), and too much stuff I've already heard. I can't be the only one sick of hearing how Jen-Jen is "torn." Crossing my fingers that Jack gets his balls back and opts out of waiting around for his ex to make up her non-existent mind. If they're taping February episodes now, maybe there will be a shift sometime in the New Year.

Abby giving Jen-Jen headaches over her romantic choices is kind of karma, though to give the latter credit, she's never pursued a married man (so far). I'd be more convinced of the "father figure" angle with Austin if Jack hadn't been around for most of Abby's formative years, but he was, more often than not. Certainly Abby thinking about having two men on a string is a tactic that comes directly from her dim-witted mother, and I hope Jennifer squirms like a worm on a hook when her daughter's Austin obsession comes out.

But for the most part, this interview was neither the best nor the worst I've read. I'm reserving judgment until we get more direction on how this is going to play out.

Paxton
Member Avatar
Dreaming of a Melanie-free Days

It's so strange that Missy is aware that fans aren't liking Jennifer, but she still doesn't seem to grasp that Jen treating Jack like an obligation and Daniel like the most awesome lover ever ever ever--and Missy's interviews and acting choices supporting that--is what's fueling that. Has she always been this oblivious to the J & J fanbase? I can't imagine Kristian or Deidre ever being so cavalier about Bo/Peter or John/Drake. They seem to understand when you're half of a bona fide supercouple you always have the other half as the driving force in the character's life, at least, her love life. I truly don't understand it.

I hope that whatever Jennifer and Abe do re: the mayoral campaign is interesting and not lame, though my expectations are low.

I also think anyone who thinks everyone won't blame Jack for Abby having a crush on Austin and it (presumably) going badly is more optimistic than I. Though, surprisingly, even though I generally LOATHE relationships with this large age difference, I'm not too bothered by this, probably because Austin doesn't (yet) look like a gross old pervert pawing a young thing (see: Chan).

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply