Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Alison Sweeney on HGTV's "Celebrity Holiday Homes"
Topic Started: Dec 19 2011, 12:08 AM (4,452 Views)
SoapGal1
Member Avatar

It looks like where purple went to die.

It's AWFUL!!

I feel sorry for AS' kids, that doesn't look like Christmas!

It looks like a BAD dream!
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

SocRMum1
Member Avatar
Much prefers sweevil, snarky EJ over Father Figure Fucktard Eejiot.

The color purple should sue that designer for defaming it.

ChampagneRiver
Member Avatar

This stuff would be all right for a corporate party or something like that, but the thought of having it in my home and having to look at it every day for a month? :yuk:

Gimme those cookies, though.

mer4santo
Member Avatar

This Christmas is brought to you by the fine people in the wardrobe department at Days of Our Lives

lysie
Member Avatar

mer4santo
Dec 19 2011, 11:53 PM
This Christmas is brought to you by the fine people in the wardrobe department at Days of Our Lives
Oh, come now. If it were them, someone would be wearing a coral scarf.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Liz<3Days
Member Avatar

Is that Santa on velvet? LOL

mer4santo
Member Avatar

lysie
Dec 19 2011, 11:54 PM
mer4santo
Oh, come now. If it were them, someone would be wearing a coral scarf.
That was a different room.

RoseVioletDaisy
Member Avatar

IMissAremid
Dec 19 2011, 10:26 PM
btw... for those who didn't watch the show... Alison had nothing to do with decorating the house so while it is hideous IMO, it is not her fault. It was done as a "surprise" by the designer who picked out the color and theme and everything without Alison's input.

Ali was really only in the show for her reaction in the last 10 minutes with her trying to look excited and thrilled even when the designer was putting actually fattening sugary cookies in her face the first thing she walked through the door.
In that's the case, it would've been awesome to see AS go old-school Sami on her ass for doing that to her house.

IMissAremid
Member Avatar
After all... tomorrow is another day!

mer4santo
This Christmas is brought to you by the fine people in the wardrobe lighting department at Days of Our Lives
Can you imagine eating Christmas dinner under that lit up plastic pink chandelier? I bet it's like the Cheating Heart in there.

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

OK, in my honest opinion.................it's revolting. Ugh, my husband would have a temper tantrum and pull everything down the MINUTE the cameras were off. Well, maybe not even when they're off. He's always had this fantasy on shows like this for the owners to go ballistic and cry foul.

talbab1994
Member Avatar

Not very kid friendly......

I'm thinking that the designer who did this was in no way thinking that she is the Mom of 2 small children, huh?

deletemyaccountplease

SoapGal1
Dec 19 2011, 11:29 PM
It looks like where purple went to die.

It's AWFUL!!

I feel sorry for AS' kids, that doesn't look like Christmas!

It looks like a BAD dream!
srsly, it looks like a soccer mom's wet dream. even the COOKIE ARE PURPLE omg

Ally
Member Avatar
The Royal Princess

ladyofthelake
Dec 20 2011, 07:02 AM
OK, in my honest opinion.................it's revolting. Ugh, my husband would have a temper tantrum and pull everything down the MINUTE the cameras were off. Well, maybe not even when they're off. He's always had this fantasy on shows like this for the owners to go ballistic and cry foul.
I remember watching a show - I think it was one with Debbie Travis - where the husband came home and HATED what was done, it ended with them showing taking a paint roller and changing what they did.

mesagirl
Member Avatar

The table looks like it is set for a wedding reception, not Christmas.

Sound
Member Avatar

Luckily the show was probably filmed in August and all that crap came down the minute filming stopped.

CalAggie87

I doubt it was filmed in August, only the morons at DAYS film that far in advance.

faye34

i glad that i am not the only one who thinks that those decorations were tacky and cheesy terrible decorator wouldn't let her decorate my dog house :soapbox: :soapbox:

MericP
Member Avatar

Hell no.

Were I Ali, I'd choke a bitch. The designer specifically.

This is coming from someone who uses only white lights, red and gold accents.

I can't believe someone was serious with this project.

The cookies are awesome though.

Poor Ali.

mirabella

CalAggie87
Dec 20 2011, 07:59 PM
I doubt it was filmed in August, only the morons at DAYS film that far in advance.
lol...It was actually filmed in September. All of the shows on HGTV that were looking for people who were willing to have their homes decorated for the Christmas themed shows sent out calls in August and filmed in September. I remember seeing tweets from the show as well as some of the designers when they were filming the shows. I am sure Ali didn't have that up for long because so much of the decorations were fresh flowers and greenery. It really didn't seem like her style to me.

Also, Ali sent out a Tout at the beginning of December showing her as she was decorating her house. Her decorations were the traditional red and green so I know she didn't keep the designer's decorations up till Christmas.

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

mirabella
Dec 23 2011, 04:55 AM
CalAggie87
Dec 20 2011, 07:59 PM
lol...It was actually filmed in September. All of the shows on HGTV that were looking for people who were willing to have their homes decorated for the Christmas themed shows sent out calls in August and filmed in September. I remember seeing tweets from the show as well as some of the designers when they were filming the shows. I am sure Ali didn't have that up for long because so much of the decorations were fresh flowers and greenery. It really didn't seem like her style to me.

Also, Ali sent out a Tout at the beginning of December showing her as she was decorating her house. Her decorations were the traditional red and green so I know she didn't keep the designer's decorations up till Christmas.
thank goodness. I'd have to worry about her sanity otherwise!

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply