Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
SOD & SOW: Will Blabs The Truth about EJ & Sami; 1/3 Issues
Topic Started: Dec 22 2011, 03:01 PM (7,226 Views)
magicsteacher
Member Avatar

Ljay
Dec 26 2011, 01:47 AM
shellybean77
Dec 25 2011, 08:19 PM
i just have to say this. About 95% of the posters on this site love to hate sami. Almost every page has sami hate on it. So I am going to just say I LOVE LOVE LOVE sami!!! I don't know if alot of you are new days veiwers or what but sami has been exposed many many many times for lots of her sins.Matter of fact I think all of the big secrets were exposed in front of an audience. I feel for the girl. She has done alot of things wrong but their are no saints in Salem. Her sister is supposedly a happily married woman and will be hooking up with sami's husband. Carrie has always had to take men from sami or prove that she could maybe they should explore her dark side a little?
I guess Carrie taking Rafe from Sami is the ulitmate blow in all of this. Losing another man to her saintly sister is gonna make her crack up a little if not alot.
If Sami had not done what she had done with Ej she would said alot more the day she walked in and found Carrie and Rafe huggin in her living room. Sami knows shes at fault and its gonna get better and better. Sami is gonna continue to stick her foot in her mouth everything chance she gets.

When Sami was renewing the vows all of what she was sayin was just making it worse for the outcome of it. They just let her sink further and further into the hole shes digging for herself. JMO
This is why this whole thing is totally plot driven, not character driven. This entire Rafe/Carrie thing is only a plot device to get the Carrie/Sami feud going once again. Rafe and Sami are being written totally out of character. Sami would have never cheated on her husband she was so in love with, and Rafe would never cheat on Sami with her sister-in-law. These writers can't come up with anything original so they are trying to go back to the days when Sami and Carrie were fighting over a man, blah, blah, blah. Been there, done that. It wasn't very interesting when it happened before, and it's not going to spark much interest this time either.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Jnta
Member Avatar

magicsteacher
Dec 26 2011, 11:25 AM
Ljay
shellybean77
i just have to say this. About 95% of the posters on this site love to hate sami. Almost every page has sami hate on it. So I am going to just say I LOVE LOVE LOVE sami!!! I don't know if alot of you are new days veiwers or what but sami has been exposed many many many times for lots of her sins.Matter of fact I think all of the big secrets were exposed in front of an audience. I feel for the girl. She has done alot of things wrong but their are no saints in Salem. Her sister is supposedly a happily married woman and will be hooking up with sami's husband. Carrie has always had to take men from sami or prove that she could maybe they should explore her dark side a little?
I guess Carrie taking Rafe from Sami is the ulitmate blow in all of this. Losing another man to her saintly sister is gonna make her crack up a little if not alot.
If Sami had not done what she had done with Ej she would said alot more the day she walked in and found Carrie and Rafe huggin in her living room. Sami knows shes at fault and its gonna get better and better. Sami is gonna continue to stick her foot in her mouth everything chance she gets.

When Sami was renewing the vows all of what she was sayin was just making it worse for the outcome of it. They just let her sink further and further into the hole shes digging for herself. JMO
This is why this whole thing is totally plot driven, not character driven. This entire Rafe/Carrie thing is only a plot device to get the Carrie/Sami feud going once again. Rafe and Sami are being written totally out of character. Sami would have never cheated on her husband she was so in love with, and Rafe would never cheat on Sami with her sister-in-law. These writers can't come up with anything original so they are trying to go back to the days when Sami and Carrie were fighting over a man, blah, blah, blah. Been there, done that. It wasn't very interesting when it happened before, and it's not going to spark much interest this time either.
At least in the past they had youth and immaturity as part of an excuse for the characters involved. Personally I find watching grown women still acting like teenagers 20 years later to be more annoying than compelling, not mention that the writing feels like they are continually serving up lukewarm leftovers.
Edited by Jnta, Dec 26 2011, 11:44 AM.

Fairygodmother

I don't want this story to be about Carrie and Rafe. I want Sami to learn her lessons, if she's capable of learning, through her damaged relationships with her son, mother, and hypocrital views on other people's relationships, such as Brady's. It would be a phoney situation for her to gain any insight from her choices and views by her sister stealing her husband. I think that is a contrived situation.

Liz<3Days
Member Avatar

If I have to watch the beast, then I would much rather have her do something that I believe is in character- and thats her feud with Carrie. As a Carrie fan, I hated Sami coming between them time and time again, but there was always a payoff. So although it may be repetitive it hasnt been done in years. And I really hate Carrie and Sami being all chummy. It doesnt ring true. Sure they can be civil, but to praise her to the high heavens about her raising her kids and being a career woman is more of this fake beast Sam, then the one I grew up with. This SL is TONS better than EJ and Sami fighting for their chURLdren for the 76656th time.

As for Carrie and Rafe not being the type to cheat. Well, Carrie has cheated, so there's history that says she would turn to sex given the circumstances. As for Rafe, we really dont know enough of his history to say either way. I think the writers should be putting doubts in his brain about the beast. One will be Kate's job, then her erratic behavior. Rafe may do something impulsive like sleep with Carrie if he finds out about beastsex. One problem with this story (other than it will probably be written so bad and too much beast) is Carrie's motivation to cheat with Rafe? Unless she sees a not to innocent teacher-student conference with Abby and she freaks out?
Edited by Liz<3Days, Dec 26 2011, 12:50 PM.

Jnta
Member Avatar

IMHO you can write characters IN Character as adults with real conflicts and issues (relevant to who they are NOW) without relying on repeating history from 20 years past. Which IMO is exactly what the current writers are doing. I don't understand the need to revert Sami back to the 15 year old injured brat. There are better ways to introduce conflict between these two.

But then that would require some of the much needed creativity that is surely lacking in the current regime.
Edited by Jnta, Dec 26 2011, 12:14 PM.

vinnmerc
Member Avatar

jackjenfan
Dec 22 2011, 11:41 PM
I hope Marlena nails Sami to the wall. She's a horrid mother who should never have had kids and a terrible wife if she thinks it's okay to lie about rutting with EJ again. Marlena may have technically cheated on Roman, but she had a loving history with John who was her husband in every sense. He was apart of their family for years. EJ and Sami share nothing but violence, and have never had a real, loving relationship or marriage together, and Sami still turns to him for sex. She is a cheap sleaze who needs to be called out on it.
Sami is already paying the price .. :'(

Liz<3Days
Member Avatar

Jnta
Dec 26 2011, 12:04 PM
IMHO you can write characters IN Character as adults with real conflicts and issues (relevant to who they are NOW) without relying on repeating history from 20 years past. Which IMO is exactly what the current writers are doing. I don't understand the need to revert Sami back to the 15 year old injured brat. There are better ways to introduce conflict between these two.

But then that would require some of the much needed creativity that is surely lacking in the current regime.
Im not saying to revert Sami, but she's been acting like a bitch even when people are praising her. I really dont see a difference in her personality, but I do see a difference in how everyone else treats her now and how men treat her now vs how she'd be the one chasing them back then. The only one to call Sami on her shit has been Will and Marlena. I think Carrie should also be one to see Sami self destructing.

It would be refreshing to me if Sami had to chase after Rafe because that is the Sami that I didnt mind as much and understood her motivations. I cant fathom any guy looking at her with her fucked up life and thinking..wow, shes so charming, carefree, loving woman and she's a great mother too! I CAN fathom her chasing a guy til he sees that she's tenacious like a pit bull- some guys like that. Rafe saw her as a bitch in the Safehouse and broke down to love her but it took them being together day after day for both to notice each other. The way they write Sami now is as if you see her and are entranced by her charm :puke:

tomsawyer
Member Avatar

Keith
Dec 24 2011, 05:18 PM
My only problem is the vow renewal happened too quickly. It was definitely the perfect event to spill the beans, but not this soon.
I wonder if we are going to get an Ejole vow renewal for February and that is where it happens. Maybe that's why EJ showed up at Safe's vow renewal - to give him the idea to renew his own vows (especially since the previous ones were marred with Ejaylor). I could see him do another NYE's proposal to Nicole.

Jnta
Member Avatar

Liz<3Days
Dec 26 2011, 01:05 PM
Jnta
Dec 26 2011, 12:04 PM

Im not saying to revert Sami, but she's been acting like a bitch even when people are praising her. I really dont see a difference in her personality, but I do see a difference in how everyone else treats her now and how men treat her now vs how she'd be the one chasing them back then. The only one to call Sami on her shit has been Will and Marlena. I think Carrie should also be one to see Sami self destructing.

It would be refreshing to me if Sami had to chase after Rafe because that is the Sami that I didnt mind as much and understood her motivations. I cant fathom any guy looking at her with her fucked up life and thinking..wow, shes so charming, carefree, loving woman and she's a great mother too! I CAN fathom her chasing a guy til he sees that she's tenacious like a pit bull- some guys like that. Rafe saw her as a bitch in the Safehouse and broke down to love her but it took them being together day after day for both to notice each other. The way they write Sami now is as if you see her and are entranced by her charm :puke:
Haven't watched for a month now so I can't speak for how Sami currently behaves. However, as someone that truly couldn't stand the character up until the Safe house story line, I have to say that I did see growth there. She was still a bitch, but genuinely began to understand the hurt she'd caused her children (especially Will), and I saw her actually attempt to right the damage she'd done. That's not saying that she still didn't have a selfish nature, but she genuinely tried to put her children first. Her behavior when she lost Grace was the total opposite of the NOT dead Johnny debacle, her first thought was how to tell Will and the other children as well as not wanting Will to find out about Grace's real parentage from anyone else (as opposed to trying to hide the truth which IMO is what old Sami would have done). I never saw Rafe as loving Sami because of her "charming nature," but because he saw through the bravado and understood the insecurity involved. He knows she's no prize but loves her anyway, and up until the "Tragic Mistake" she was always faithful (even when she considered him lost to her and was willing to accept EJ as a consolation prize). As for Sami chasing after a man no longer interested in her BTDT numerous times, more repeated history. What made the relationship with Rafe different was the fact that she didn't have to chase after him and she had matured enough to know that chasing after him wouldn't work, he knew her too well. When all is said and done, my interest in this show is pretty much over. I'm not interested in watching reverted characters and reverted relationships played out yet again. If Days can't move on I guess I'll have to.
Edited by Jnta, Dec 26 2011, 01:56 PM.

magicsteacher
Member Avatar

Jnta
Dec 26 2011, 11:37 AM
magicsteacher
Ljay
shellybean77

At least in the past they had youth and immaturity as part of an excuse for the characters involved. Personally I find watching grown women still acting like teenagers 20 years later to be more annoying than compelling, not mention that the writing feels like they are continually serving up lukewarm leftovers.
Exactly and that's one of the reasons I hate where this storyline is going. Sami and Carrie aren't teenagers or even women in their 20's anymore. They are both grown women in their mid thirties who are married, in love with their husbands, and happy. Carrie has shown no indication whatsoever that she is unhappy with Austin-- quite the contrary. She's seems very happy with him. So, in order to make this situation work, they are going to have Abby in this contrived situation with Austin to make Carrie jealous or to think he is fooling around. Sami will have been pulling away from Rafe from guilt and voila---- cheating between a sister-in-law and brother-in-law, and all to cause redone conflict between Sami and Carrie. These writers have no originality and creativity at all. They keep going back to stories that have been done and redone. There are plenty of ways they could have had Sami and Carrie in conflict without either of them going to full- blown, all out cheating.

It's all totally contrived and plot driven. Except for Carrie who has a history of cheating, none of the others in this situation have been written in character at all.
Edited by magicsteacher, Dec 26 2011, 03:51 PM.

JamesScott_19
Member Avatar
Don't get up. So how are you? What happened, eh? Let me guess, Stefano told you that you could fly,and you jumped off a building. HeHe It's funny right, no I'm sorry Bad EJ, I should'nt be that cruel!

magicsteacher
Ljay
shellybean77

I don`t believe it is written out of character at all, granted I understand the fact that Sami never physically cheated. However I don`t think it is written out of character, is`nt this the same woman that emotionally cheated? If I am not mistaken, did`nt she tongue kiss Ej when he declared his love for her? The same woman that has been stringing each guy alone,so they can throw rose petals at her feet? :shrug: I just never understood how this is all of a sudden written out of character, cause Sami slept with Ej, she never hid her attraction before, so this is an exception? I`m sorry, but not buying that.

By the same token, I kinda can see Rafe being written out of character, cause he is assumed to be this good guy. I have more sympathy on him ( mainly cause I want him and Carrie go give in to temptation), cause he needs to know the real Sami. Not this princess good girl,YUCK, she never was.
Edited by JamesScott_19, Dec 26 2011, 06:01 PM.

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
♥ LUMI ♥

JamesScott_19
Dec 26 2011, 06:01 PM
magicsteacher
Ljay
shellybean77

I don`t believe it is written out of character at all, granted I understand the fact that Sami never physically cheated. However I don`t think it is written out of character, is`nt this the same woman that emotionally cheated? If I am not mistaken, did`nt she tongue kiss Ej when he declared his love for her? The same woman that has been stringing each guy alone,so they can throw rose petals at her feet? :shrug: I just never understood how this is all of a sudden written out of character, cause Sami slept with Ej, she never hid her attraction before, so this is an exception? I`m sorry, but not buying that.

By the same token, I kinda can see Rafe being written out of character, cause he is assumed to be this good guy. I have more sympathy on him ( mainly cause I want him and Carrie go give in to temptation), cause he needs to know the real Sami. Not this princess good girl,YUCK, she never was.
Did you ever watch the version of Sami pre Ej coming to town? If you compare that version to the version post EJ, you'll see why many people are having issues with the way she has been portrayed since then. I started noticing the problem with Sami way back in 2007 when I kept reading about Sami always being fickle? I kept thinking to myself...where the hell are these people getting this from? She was NEVER fickle...she was ALWAYS a one woman man (one at a time obviously).....she loved that one person (or obsessed when it came to Austin) and she was ALL about that man. Then it changed over time and although in 2007 she was still shown to love Lucas deeply there was definitely a change in who her character became and that was all on Sheffer who apparently wanted to make two men fight over Sami. That had never happened before, men never 'fought' over her....she would always be in the triangle with another woman fighting for a man....

I personally have a hard time believing that Sami would EVER do what she did this time around, because it was such a part of her character (pre 2006) that is...that it's engrained in who she is. She feared this so much, she feared to be just like her mother and true it's soapy and all, and it's Karma for her treatment of Marlena through the years, but let's face it...it could have been done so much better. Sami cheating on Rafe with Ej is just stupid. There is no way she could ever know how Marlena felt and I don't even think that was the intent....I'm starting to think this was done so that Will can be the Sami to his parents. Sami always wanted her parents to get back together, Will is going to want the opposite of that simply because he thinks his mother is a cheap tramp. I see him and Kate teaming up to stop Lumi if they ever go there again.....

magicsteacher
Member Avatar

LuvingLumi
Dec 26 2011, 08:27 PM
JamesScott_19
magicsteacher
Ljay

Quoting limited to 4 levels deep

Did you ever watch the version of Sami pre Ej coming to town? If you compare that version to the version post EJ, you'll see why many people are having issues with the way she has been portrayed since then. I started noticing the problem with Sami way back in 2007 when I kept reading about Sami always being fickle? I kept thinking to myself...where the hell are these people getting this from? She was NEVER fickle...she was ALWAYS a one woman man (one at a time obviously).....she loved that one person (or obsessed when it came to Austin) and she was ALL about that man. Then it changed over time and although in 2007 she was still shown to love Lucas deeply there was definitely a change in who her character became and that was all on Sheffer who apparently wanted to make two men fight over Sami. That had never happened before, men never 'fought' over her....she would always be in the triangle with another woman fighting for a man....

I personally have a hard time believing that Sami would EVER do what she did this time around, because it was such a part of her character (pre 2006) that is...that it's engrained in who she is. She feared this so much, she feared to be just like her mother and true it's soapy and all, and it's Karma for her treatment of Marlena through the years, but let's face it...it could have been done so much better. Sami cheating on Rafe with Ej is just stupid. There is no way she could ever know how Marlena felt and I don't even think that was the intent....I'm starting to think this was done so that Will can be the Sami to his parents. Sami always wanted her parents to get back together, Will is going to want the opposite of that simply because he thinks his mother is a cheap tramp. I see him and Kate teaming up to stop Lumi if they ever go there again.....
That's exactly my point. The "old Sami", the one that many want to return, is not the Sami we are seeing now, she's certainly not the Sami that I watched from the time she came on Days up until 2006. The "old Sami" never cheated on the man she truly loved, she was never fickle, not until the writers decided to make her that way to have two men fight over her.

The Sami we saw during the "summer of suck" was not the old Sami either, bouncing between two men, yet always knowing deep inside she only wanted Rafe. The old Sami would have never done that. That was Sami written totally out of character. This Sami I don't even recognize.

daisy132

LuvingLumi
JamesScott_19
magicsteacher
Ljay

But isn't that the point for the past six years? That Sami wasn't fickle until EJ came into town? I think that the road the writers/producers (past and present) have taken with this couple is that they have this attraction to each other that neither of them can control no matter what they do to each other. The first to see it was Lucas - and he finally accepted it for what it was - now Rafe is finding out the same thing.

"Sami, his innitials are on your heart" (or something like that) is what Lucas told her before EJ and Stephano split them up. And after Sami slept with EJ, Lucas ended things with Sami for good because knew she loved him. Sami cheated on Lucas with EJ in her heart all the time, before and after she was married to him, and then in action too.

Rafe is going to find out the same thing Lucas did. That Sami IS fickle when it comes to EJ. I for one enjoy that. It's the bone that the writers keep throwing to the Ejami fans.

Edited by daisy132, Dec 27 2011, 11:22 PM.

Jnta
Member Avatar

magicsteacher
Dec 26 2011, 09:09 PM
LuvingLumi
JamesScott_19
magicsteacher

That's exactly my point. The "old Sami", the one that many want to return, is not the Sami we are seeing now, she's certainly not the Sami that I watched from the time she came on Days up until 2006. The "old Sami" never cheated on the man she truly loved, she was never fickle, not until the writers decided to make her that way to have two men fight over her.

The Sami we saw during the "summer of suck" was not the old Sami either, bouncing between two men, yet always knowing deep inside she only wanted Rafe. The old Sami would have never done that. That was Sami written totally out of character. This Sami I don't even recognize.
Even Summer of Suck Sami couldn't bring herself to actually have sex with EJ when she and Rafe had officially broken up and she was engaged to EJ. She only declared her love for him and insisted on getting married ASAP after thinking she saw Rafe getting ready to bed Nicole. We've also seen Sami mourn two children supposedly fathered by EJ, and in neither case did she turn to having grief sex with EJ.
Edited by Jnta, Dec 26 2011, 09:45 PM.

JamesScott_19
Member Avatar
Don't get up. So how are you? What happened, eh? Let me guess, Stefano told you that you could fly,and you jumped off a building. HeHe It's funny right, no I'm sorry Bad EJ, I should'nt be that cruel!

LuvingLumi
JamesScott_19
magicsteacher
Ljay

I did watch that Sami briefly but I still did not think she was written out of character :shrug:

Sami has always been fickle to me,before Ej and after.

magicsteacher
Member Avatar

Jnta
Dec 26 2011, 09:18 PM
magicsteacher
Dec 26 2011, 09:09 PM
LuvingLumi
JamesScott_19

Even Summer of Suck Sami couldn't bring herself to actually have sex with EJ when she and Rafe had officially broken up and she was engaged to EJ. She only declared her love for him and insisted on getting married ASAP after thinking she saw Rafe getting ready to bed Nicole. We've also seen Sami mourn two children supposedly father by EJ, and in neither case did she turn to having grief sex with EJ.
Which is exactly why this whole "griefsex" thing made no sense at all. It was merely a plot point for the whole Will story, to cause trouble for Safe so that Carrie and Rafe could get together, causing trouble between sisters.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply