Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Latest Ratings - Dec. 12-16; Another New Low for Days in Women 18-49 Demo
Topic Started: Dec 23 2011, 05:43 PM (4,911 Views)
dc cubs
Member Avatar

Ratings Report for the Week of December 12-16, 2011

NOTE: Please do not copy and paste the entire ratings. Thank you.

Numbers are based on Live+Same Day ratings

(Compared to Last Week/Compared to Last Year)

Total Viewers
1. Y&R 4,465,000 (-139,000/-661,000)
2. B&B 3,020,000 (-95,000/-150,000)
3. OLTL 2,607,000 (+18,000/+118,000)
4. GH 2,395,000 (+134,000/-162,000)
5. DAYS 2,233,000 (-175,000/-395,000)

Households
1. Y&R 3.3/11 (-.1/-.3)
2. B&B 2.3/8 (same/same)
3. OLTL 1.9/6 (same/+.1)
4. GH 1.8/5 (+.1/same)
5. DAYS 1.7/6 (-.1/-.2)

Women 18-49 Viewers
1. Y&R 797,000 (+41,000/-261,000)
2. GH 646,000 (+36,000/-158,000)
3. OLTL 612,000 (+9,000/-17,000)
4. B&B 562,000 (+28,000/-67,000)
5. DAYS 528,000 (-4,000/-222,000) < new low (2nd straight week) *

* Previous low: 532,000 (December 5-9, 2011)

Women 18-49 Rating
1. Y&R 1.2/8 (same/-.4) < ties low (2nd straight week)
2. GH 1.0/6 (same/-.2)
2. OLTL 1.0/6 (+.1/same)
4. B&B 0.9/5 (+.1/-.1)
5. DAYS 0.8/5 (same/-.3) < ties low (2nd straight week)

Girls 12-17 Viewers
1. Y&R 38,000 (+1,000/+8,000)
2. B&B 30,000 (+12,000/+8,000)
2. OLTL 30,000 (-8,000/+11,000)
4. GH 28,000 (+10,000/-4,000)
5. DAYS 10,000 (+1,000/-11,000)

Women 18-34 Rating
1. Y&R 0.6/4 (+.1/-.5)
1. OLTL 0.6/4 (same/same)
3. GH 0.5/3 (+.1/-.2)
3. DAYS 0.5/3 (same/-.3)
5. B&B 0.4/2 (same/-.2)

See rest of ratings here: http://www.soapoperanetwork.com/ratings/ratings-another-new-low-for-days-in-women-18-49-viewers
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

jane1978

Unless miracle happens and the show turns it around for Feb and March the ratings will completely colaps come spring. Even Higley pulled the ratings low during summer. MarDar are doing it in winter when the show should be strongest. Corday needs to act now.

AlisonLou

Too much EJ and Sami is what's causing Days ratings decline.

dc cubs
Member Avatar

Days daily ratings

DAYS
Monday: 1.8/2,452,000
Tuesday: 1.7/2,146,000
Wednesday: 1.7/2,257,000
Thursday: 1.7/2,262,000
Friday: 1.6/2,047,000

Alisonlover

All i will say these writers better get it right by by Feb sweeps their 2012 preview better be a hit or they will be out i knew last week would be bad every week i can guess if they will go up or down and i always been right no scenes with James and Alison and look where Days are compared to a few weeks ago when they were sharing scenes together. I bet they will go up when they are back sharing scenes together and if that happens then i was right all along about them two.

What happened last week?

It was a bore nothing happened and that is the truth

Alisonlover

AlisonLou
Dec 23 2011, 05:56 PM
It was EJ and Sami that brought up the ratings it only when they stop sharing scenes together they became like this to much EJ and sami what a joke today was the first time they share scenes together in three weeks.

Alisonlover

jane1978
Dec 23 2011, 05:53 PM
Unless miracle happens and the show turns it around for Feb and March the ratings will completely colaps come spring. Even Higley pulled the ratings low during summer. MarDar are doing it in winter when the show should be strongest. Corday needs to act now.
He will give it to March he did a interview saying he knows the show is slow at the moment but from mid Nov to march that is the time to watch he was right for the two weeks of November but now its gone all flat again there better be some action coming up soon.

jane1978

Alisonlover
Dec 23 2011, 06:02 PM
jane1978
He will give it to March he did a interview saying he knows the show is slow at the moment but from mid Nov to march that is the time to watch he was right for the two weeks of November but now its gone all flat again there better be some action coming up soon.
Corday says whatever crap he is told by his people. Im pretty sure he never even opened the scripts. But when things go bad he usually sweeps in (and makes them even worse).

Paxton
Member Avatar
Dreaming of a Melanie-free Days

Here are the daily spoilers for what happened that week on Days:

Monday ("EJ Takes the Lead in the Election")
Sami's former nemesis gets the benefit of the doubt; Jennifer decides how to retaliate when Nicole nearly costs her the election.

Tuesday ("Date Night")
Brady makes a thoughtful gesture for Madison; the past gets dredged up during Jennifer and Daniel's date.

Wednesday ("Kayla Returns")
Carrie makes a discovery that could set John free; Sami takes the high road after witnessing an uncomfortable situation.

Thursday ("Leveraging Stefano")
Power falls into Alice's lap when Stefano makes John a proposal; Brady spreads the Christmas spirit.

Friday ("Jack's Assumption")
Jack jumps to conclusions about Daniel, turning Jennifer off; Abigail, Gabi and Melanie make plays for the men they desire.

Vicky4Mimi

Alisonlover
Dec 23 2011, 05:59 PM
AlisonLou
It was EJ and Sami that brought up the ratings it only when they stop sharing scenes together they became like this to much EJ and sami what a joke today was the first time they share scenes together in three weeks.
No I think it's the anger some fans experienced when MarDar decided to do the stupid notdeadbabysex stunt and destoryed a show that was just started to show some potential. Knowing that that horrible mistake is lurking in the background of all that Safe and EJole do is a sure death to the show. They need to somehow make it a horrible dream that Will is having or something.

Thank Goodness the big gun is coming back in Feb.!! Welcome back Bryan!!

Paxton
Member Avatar
Dreaming of a Melanie-free Days

I really kind of gave up on trying to understand what mattered to NBC when they renewed the show last year after Dena's horrific downward spiral starting in March 2010. However, I'm sure they expected that the new writing team and the returns would stabilize and slowly grow, which hasn't been happening. They have had a few 2.0 dailies sprinkled here and there, which Dena hadn't accomplished in ages, but overall the show is still apparently losing viewers. Unless the time-shifted viewing is telling a radically different story, it's hard not to imagine KC currently being in panic mode.

Alisonlover

Vicky4Mimi
Dec 23 2011, 06:09 PM
Alisonlover
AlisonLou
No I think it's the anger some fans experienced when MarDar decided to do the stupid notdeadbabysex stunt and destoryed a show that was just started to show some potential. Knowing that that horrible mistake is lurking in the background of all that Safe and EJole do is a sure death to the show. They need to somehow make it a horrible dream that Will is having or something.

No it wasn't if people were so disgusted with those scenes they wouldn't of tuned in fans love Ejami they want James with Alison they are two people actors on the show as soon they put EJ back with Nicole and Sami back with rafe the fans tuned Safe and Ecole are ratings failures i have a bet with you if they Alison starts sharing scenes with James again the ratings will go up let see who is right.

Alisonlover

Paxton
Dec 23 2011, 06:12 PM
I really kind of gave up on trying to understand what mattered to NBC when they renewed the show last year after Dena's horrific downward spiral starting in March 2010. However, I'm sure they expected that the new writing team and the returns would stabilize and slowly grow, which hasn't been happening. They have had a few 2.0 dailies sprinkled here and there, which Dena hadn't accomplished in ages, but overall the show is still apparently losing viewers. Unless the time-shifted viewing is telling a radically different story, it's hard not to imagine KC currently being in panic mode.
Does ratings usually go up over christmas?

jane1978

Vicky4Mimi
Dec 23 2011, 06:09 PM
Alisonlover
AlisonLou

Lets put blame where it really belongs. This week was mostly focused on Jennifer and her "agonizing over Daniel." :D

Thomson
Member Avatar

They soo deserve this. The show is a big mess.

Alisonlover

jane1978
Dec 23 2011, 06:08 PM
Alisonlover
Dec 23 2011, 06:02 PM
jane1978
Corday says whatever crap he is told by his people. Im pretty sure he never even opened the scripts. But when things go bad he usually sweeps in (and makes them even worse).
Guys do you think KC is happy with the new writers and has confindence in them?

All i hear him say he is happy with them he said he writers are doing a great job with the reset and days will be great by March the pace really hots up.

Do you believe him when he saying that or do you think he is just saying that but deep down he is a worried man?

JDeveraux_91
Member Avatar

Well deserved. This show sucks and is boring.

jane1978

Paxton
Dec 23 2011, 06:12 PM
I think when the show was renewed there were actually some positive trends to argue with. Even with the latest not so positive data DAYS was still considered a success story and I can see the leaving boss being generous enough to give them two years just to show his good will. But this time DAYS has all signs of slowly dying show and I just dont see anything he could put in his presentation to argue the show still deserves to be on. He needs something, anything, like was the babyswitch to convince them there is still some life.

Thomson
Member Avatar

These numbers have nothing to do with couples, individual characters etc. It's all about the storylines !!! This show has so much potential, it has such a rich history with great characters and some of the best actors in Daytime, they need to find a way to use that all !! The majority of storylines suck, the ones that are great aren't moving or don't live up to it's potential. Where the hell is the drama? Where the hell are the OMG moments they promised? The show has been one boring mess !

MarDar have proven themselves to be complete hacks, who lack vision and direction. They need to be fired, before it's to late. Really time is running out. I would hate to see this show go, but I really feel like there's no hope.
Edited by Thomson, Dec 23 2011, 06:53 PM.

dc cubs
Member Avatar

Days is screwed. I have accepted that most likely the show will end in Sept. 2013. I know some people think NBC wants to give it 50 years. However, this is a business and sentiment only carries you so far. With these numbers, there is no way NBC can justify keeping the show on the air.

My guess is Corday will wait until the end of February sweeps to make a HW change. He will give MarDar two more months for all these stories they supposedly have set up to provide some payoffs. I also think KC wants to see if the new EP, Lisa DeCozette will make any difference to the show. I have no faith that things will get better in the next couple of months.

With the show taping so far in advance, if KC does wait until February that means May sweeps will be taped already. Although the new writers could do some rewrites like they did with Higley. That doesn't leave Days much time to get their shit together to get some consistent ratings they would need for a possible renewal.

Bottom line is Days is screwed and it all comes down to the very bad management of Corday.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · General Daytime News · Next Topic »
Add Reply