Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Latest Ratings - Dec. 12-16; Another New Low for Days in Women 18-49 Demo
Topic Started: Dec 23 2011, 05:43 PM (4,784 Views)
OldDaysFankat

Beth
Dec 27 2011, 04:32 PM
Jack's story should be way out front. Jennifer pining after Daniel is not the least bit entertaining. They were suppose to get back to core relationships, core family, and core values. I want to shoot Jennifer Horton and she is the only Horton on canvas right now except for children.

Bo and Hope don't have a story except chasing some nebulous mystery about Alice Horton that isn't developing or moving or interesting.

Sami and Rafe are boring.

Carrie and Austin are boring.

Austin talking to Abbie is boring.

Abbie drooling over Austin is boring.

Will's story should be moving along a little more quickly but Lucas needs to come home first. That should have happened sooner.

Marlena needs to get back to her counseling practice with Will and Jack and Maggie (who is delusional and forgot her real children).

Maggie's daughters need to come home and give Maggie a dose of realty.

Daniel needs to go away. I can only stand Melanie when she is with Chad. I think there is some chemistry there. Otherwise fire her. I do see a potential soapy story with them being kept apart because they both "love" Abby.

EJ and Nicole have the most potential.

Sami and Lucas have the next most potential.

We need Stories, Stories that move, Stories that make sense, and Stories people want to watch. They writers are not delivering that right now.
So 3 of the same 4 characters that have been shoved on screen the past 4 years are the only ones with potential. I find ej, nicole completely boring and cheesy now. Nothing they are doing now is what made them fun to watch. Happy couples stink. Sami has potential only due to wills story.

There are 2 maybe 3 stories on this show with potential. Carrie/Rafe with Safe and Caustin imploding, wills story and maybe Abby's fatal attraction thing with Austin. All are new and different and have the potential to not be a retread of couples and stories already played out over the years including Lumi. The mayor storyline, the KAte/MAdison story, Alices secrets, the pension story, and Jennifer triangle round 5000 are all boring as hell
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

OldDaysFankat

LilMikeyK
Dec 27 2011, 06:01 PM
MarDar are definitely not the same caliber as JER, Sheffer or even Higley. From what I heard they can be let go in any cycle with no penalty and have already been warned they may get axed and that they are trying to punch up stories, thus rewrites. The biggest problem Days has though is filming so fricking far in advance. It may save money but I think it costs them more in the long run. They need to take a 6 week break at least to play catch-up.
Corday missed an opportunity.He should have hired Valentini and Carvalati from OLTL after the PP deal fell apart. RC has his faults as does FV but RC does a fabulous job of intertwining the canvas and FV kept OLTL looking good on a shoestring budget and still was able to use some of the vets. RC tends to be campy which is something DOOL needs now and the pacing is decent

ElvisDiMera
Member Avatar

OldDaysFankat
Dec 27 2011, 06:57 PM
LilMikeyK
MarDar are definitely not the same caliber as JER, Sheffer or even Higley. From what I heard they can be let go in any cycle with no penalty and have already been warned they may get axed and that they are trying to punch up stories, thus rewrites. The biggest problem Days has though is filming so fricking far in advance. It may save money but I think it costs them more in the long run. They need to take a 6 week break at least to play catch-up.
Corday missed an opportunity.He should have hired Valentini and Carvalati from OLTL after the PP deal fell apart. RC has his faults as does FV but RC does a fabulous job of intertwining the canvas and FV kept OLTL looking good on a shoestring budget and still was able to use some of the vets. RC tends to be campy which is something DOOL needs now and the pacing is decent
Who is to say they would have agreed to go to Days if even made an offer? If I were a writer, I would think long and hard about going to Days. There are internal problems with that show that run all the way to the bone.

SuperBope
Member Avatar

Days needs to have Marlena become re-possessed or start murdering people again and sending them to Erauqsewnotnotroh (to keep it fresh). I feel like that's the only way they are going to boost ratings and retain the 18-49 demo for a few months at least... Of course that would involve some thought and risk-taking on MarDar's part...so its gonna just be more of the same til the bitter end.

OldDaysFankat

ElvisDiMera
Dec 27 2011, 11:39 PM
OldDaysFankat
LilMikeyK
Who is to say they would have agreed to go to Days if even made an offer? If I were a writer, I would think long and hard about going to Days. There are internal problems with that show that run all the way to the bone.
Thats true. I always felt DOOL getting ed scott was almost a fluke. Any Hw or Producer worth a damn will likely stay away particularly after what happened to Maxam.

lysie
Member Avatar

OldDaysFankat
Dec 28 2011, 09:02 AM
ElvisDiMera
Dec 27 2011, 11:39 PM
OldDaysFankat
LilMikeyK
Thats true. I always felt DOOL getting ed scott was almost a fluke. Any Hw or Producer worth a damn will likely stay away particularly after what happened to Maxam.
Is it really any better than any other show? Isn't even worse at the ABC soaps? And I hear bad things about BTS at Y&R all the time.

CalAggie87

But I think Y&R is bad for Y&R, which does not mean if the same stuff were on DAYS, with fans who have for years have been used to badly written stories, would be bad.
Edited by CalAggie87, Dec 28 2011, 05:43 PM.

daisy132

The storylines involve Ejole humping all the time, Jarlena eating strawberries with whipped cream, EJ is as evil as Stephano, Bope are "investigating" things and thriving, BD is now been confirmed to return. The storylines don't seem to be THAT bad, and most of the viewers "have been heard" and are getting their favorites together. The ratings should be much higher.

Tom

SuperBope
Dec 28 2011, 05:02 AM
Days needs to have Marlena become re-possessed or start murdering people again and sending them to Erauqsewnotnotroh (to keep it fresh). I feel like that's the only way they are going to boost ratings and retain the 18-49 demo for a few months at least... Of course that would involve some thought and risk-taking on MarDar's part...so its gonna just be more of the same til the bitter end.
Or -- bring out the real big guns.

KRISTEN DIMERA.

In the form of ED.

Tom

daisy132
Dec 28 2011, 05:57 PM
The storylines involve Ejole humping all the time, Jarlena eating strawberries with whipped cream, EJ is as evil as Stephano, Bope are "investigating" things and thriving, BD is now been confirmed to return. The storylines don't seem to be THAT bad, and most of the viewers "have been heard" and are getting their favorites together. The ratings should be much higher.
That's probably the problem -- what you just said.
None of those are storylines. Those are scenes.

We NEED STORIES, writers!!! :soapbox:

daisy132

fritosguy
Dec 28 2011, 08:57 PM
SuperBope

KRISTEN DIMERA.

In the form of ED.
She's not coming back, she's happily employed on Y&R. It's like working as a doctor and quit to work at McDonalds.
Edited by daisy132, Dec 28 2011, 10:59 PM.

Tom

daisy132
Dec 28 2011, 05:57 PM

And just in case we're not clear, Corday:

Lady in a Cage
Possession
Salem Serial Killer
Tropical Temptation (not playing favorites, lol)

^These are stories

"Melanie drops her towel in front of dull as dirt Chad" is not a story
"Marlena playing word games on a tablet PC" is not a story
"Bo and Hope 'investigating' within the HTC set" is not a story
"EJ and Nicole screwing" (even in Santa costumes) is not a story
"Carrie makes 'eyes' at Rafe" is not a story
"Rafe makes love to Sami" is not a story

NO form of vow renewal is a story.
No mayoral race is really a story since it's just a regular race, so far.
Jack getting a professor job is cool... but not a story.
Ditto for Austin.

Hell, nothing on this show currently can really be called a story.

Tom

daisy132
Dec 28 2011, 10:37 PM
fritosguy
SuperBope

KRISTEN DIMERA.

In the form of ED.
She's not coming back, she's happily employed on Y&R. It's like working as a doctor and quit to work at McDonalds.
I pray that Y&R will screw her over somehow and it will be beneficial for her to return to "Days" paywise, and otherwise, so it's not really a loss (and so it's not a selfish prayer). So, in my dreams, it's possible.

SuperBope
Member Avatar

fritosguy
SuperBope

KRISTEN DIMERA.

In the form of ED.
That would be amazing...but with ED being stuck at Y&R....I don't hold out any hope of that ever happening. It will always be the dream though. Kristen was my favorite character of all time! It would be fun to see her sharing screen time with Kate now that she and Stefano are together...would be an interesting dynamic for sure!

Mitchapalooza
Member Avatar
Killing myself slowly

Totally deserved!!

Its amazing how MarDar are continually allowed to sink this show to new lows in NBC's most valuable ratings demographic (you know the one that basically desides if the show is gonna survive or not) with little to no response from 1) Corday...2) Sony or 3) NBC....pull the trigger now on these two...this show is running on borrowed time as it is!
Edited by Mitchapalooza, Jan 3 2012, 12:34 PM.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · General Daytime News · Next Topic »
Add Reply