Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Soap Opera Weekly this week? Jan 3 2012 issue
Topic Started: Dec 26 2011, 07:39 PM (1,244 Views)
ljacks13
Member Avatar

Has anyone received the January 3, 2012 of Soap Opera Weekly this week? I usually receive my digital issues on Friday but it didn't come this week, did anyone else receive it?
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

dc cubs
Member Avatar

I got a post card in the mail saying that I will no longer be receiving my mail subscription to SOW. The December 27th issue was the last issue sent out via subscription mail. The magazine will only be available in stores so that means no more digital subscriptions either. The issues left on my SOW account will be tacked on to my SOD subscription. You should contact them as to the remaining number of issues on your account to get a refund or transferred to an SOD subscription.

happy
Member Avatar

Sad news. Wonder how much longer all the daytime soaps have :-(
It really feels like the end of an era. What other genre could have shows that last 50 years? Wonder if networks will start selling DVDs of old soaps? I think they should release them year by year. And maybe culminate with box sets.

Checkers
Member Avatar

This is sad indeed.

LilMikeyK

It would take approximately 80 DVD to hold one year of a soap. Doubt that would happen. We might get a set of like fan favorite episodes like I believe they are doing for ATWT.

speedbump210

I dunno. It wouldn't take 80 DVDs (more like 12, assuming a soap has around 250 episodes in a year), but the point remains that it would be prohibitively expensive both from a production and a sales perspective. I would love either the same kind of collections for GL/ATWT or character spotlights like the Reva and Roger tapes PGP released in 1994.

SuperBope
Member Avatar

speedbump210
Jan 18 2012, 06:38 PM
I dunno. It wouldn't take 80 DVDs (more like 12, assuming a soap has around 250 episodes in a year), but the point remains that it would be prohibitively expensive both from a production and a sales perspective. I would love either the same kind of collections for GL/ATWT or character spotlights like the Reva and Roger tapes PGP released in 1994.
12 discs? How do you figure that? Most hour-long shows have a max of 4 or 6 episodes per disc. Any more than that would result in a SEVERE decrease in picture quality. This means there would be a minimum of 40 to 60 discs for each year of episodes.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · General Daytime News · Next Topic »
Add Reply