Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Will Matt Smith Leave Doctor Who Too?
Topic Started: Dec 28 2011, 11:21 AM (545 Views)
Miss Rhi
Member Avatar
"If Sami can't find happiness with a Martian, then she can't find happiness with anyone."

Will Matt Smith Leave Doctor Who Too?

Just because The Doctor's companions are saying farewell, that doesn't mean Doctor Who's titular character will be going through a regeneration anytime soon.

Following the news that Karen Gillan and Arthur Darvill, who play companions Amy Pond and Rory Williams, would exit the show after the upcoming season, 11th Doctor Matt Smith set the record straight on whether he'd be following them off the series.

"No," he said on The Graham Norton Show's special holiday episode. "I am very happy to stay. I love it and love making the show."

However, Smith stressed that he would miss Gillan, who succeeded previous companions such as Catherine Tate and Billie Piper. "I'll miss Karen because she's my best mate," he said. "She's mad as a box of cats, but she's a firecracker!"

"I've known for a while," he said of her impending exit, which head writer and executive producer Steven Moffat announced earlier this month. "There comes a time when a story reaches its conclusion, and the essence of the show is that it constantly reinvents itself."

Earlier this year, Smith hinted at this own departure from the series, but he is signed on to appear in at least 14 more episodes, which would premiere sometime in 2012 and run through 2013.

Source: TVG
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Checkers
Member Avatar

I want to see Donna again! I want her to get her memories back.

Rick
Member Avatar
Dreamlander

^ That would be awesome Checkers! Of all the new companions, Donna is still my favorite. If we can't get Donna back somehow, I wouldn't mind Michelle Ryan from "Planet of the Dead" Just imagine all the trouble Lady Christina de Souza would get the doctor in.

Riley Grey
Member Avatar

Glad Matt Smith will be sticking around for a while. Looking forward to the new season/series. Long wait though.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Primetime News & Spoilers · Next Topic »
Add Reply