Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
ABC Daytime Ratings Report - Dec. 19-23; Days Hits Another New Low in 18-49 Viewers
Topic Started: Dec 30 2011, 04:25 PM (1,888 Views)
dc cubs
Member Avatar

I'm not sure the full ratings will be out today due to the holidays but ABC has released this daytime ratings report.

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2011/12/30/the-chew-hits-seriesweekly-high/114991/

Quote:

ABC is Daytime’s #1 Network Across All Target Women Demographics

Thursday’s “The Chew” – Featuring Dancer/Choreographer Maksim Chmerkovskiy of ABC’s “Dancing with the Stars” and an Hour of Last-minute Christmas Rescue Projects and Dishes – is the Show’s #1 Telecast Ever in Total Viewers;

Marks 2nd Consecutive Week Delivering a Series High

This Week is “The Chew’s” Most-Watched Week on Record in Total Viewers, Growing its Audience for the 3rd Consecutive Week and Out-Performing

Year-Ago’s “All My Children” by an Impressive 10%

“The View” is Daytime’s #1 Program in Women 18-34

ABC Daytime

ABC ranked as Daytime’s #1 network in Women 18-34 (0.5 rating/163,000 – tie), Women 18-49 (0.9 rating/566,000 – tie) and Women 25-54 (1.3 rating/786,000).

Thursday’s “The Chew Saves Christmas,” featuring dancer/choreographer Maksim Chmerkovskiy (ABC’s “Dancing with the Stars”) and an hour of last-minute Christmas rescue projects and dishes, ranked as the series’ #1 telecast to date in Total Viewers (2.77 million), marking the show’s 2nd consecutive week delivering its #1 telecast.

Impressively, this week marked “The Chew’s” most-watched week on record in Total Viewers, posting its 3rd consecutive week of growth and surpassing “All My Children’s” year-ago weekly average by a solid 10% (2.59 million vs. 2.36 million).

Also impressive, along with Friday’s telecast, which ranked as the series’ #3 telecast ever in Total Viewers (2.66 million), “The Chew” has aired 7 of its Top 10 most-watched telecasts to date in the past 2 weeks.

“The View” ranked as Daytime’s #1 program in Women 18-34 (0.6 rating/201,000 – tie).

In Women 18-49, “The View” (#2 – 1.0 rating/668,000), “One Life To Live” (#4T – 0.9 rating/571,000) and “General Hospital” (#4T – 0.9 rating/569,000) placed among the week’s Top 4 Daytime programs.

In Women 25-54, “The View” (#2 – 1.5 rating/940,000), “General Hospital” (#3T – 1.3 rating/791,000) and “One Life To Live” (#3T – 1.3 rating/780,000) stood among the week’s Top 3 Daytime programs.

Following are the Daytime Lineup averages, plus Top 5 Programs Ranks in Women 18-49 (sorted by) and Women 25-54:

Posted Image

Edited by dc cubs, Dec 30 2011, 04:26 PM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

dc cubs
Member Avatar

It appears Days hit another new low in the 18-49 demo with 520,000 viewers. Last week Days was at an all time low with 528,000 viewers in the 18-49 category. It does appear Days went up in total viewers from 2,233,000 to 2,381,000 (+148,000) this week.

magicsteacher
Member Avatar

dc cubs
Dec 30 2011, 04:29 PM
It appears Days hit another new low in the 18-49 demo with 520,000 viewers. Last week Days was at an all time low with 528,000 viewers in the 18-49 category. It does appear Days went up in total viewers from 2,233,000 to 2,381,000 (+148,000) this week.
TFP. No surprise here. The stories and pacing suck big time.

talbab1994
Member Avatar

I'm curious to see where the increase in total viewers are age group wise. Thanks for posting.

Mitchapalooza
Member Avatar
Killing myself slowly

this is now mardars 5th week of tanking the show to new all-time lows in 18-49 since the relaunch week......pathetic...not even higley managed that

Mitchapalooza
Member Avatar
Killing myself slowly

talbab1994
Dec 30 2011, 04:55 PM
I'm curious to see where the increase in total viewers are age group wise. Thanks for posting.
the increase likely came from the women 55+ and male viewers.

CalAggie87

Holiday viewers? I cannot see how people would have loved or even liked next week, they are home and expect the comfortable DAYS Christmas and it was a bust. It was like any other day, people complained about no Christmas story, the ornaments not part of the show, etc. They really needed to have made last week much more fun and more Brady- and Horton-centric, and not the newbies. No Dreading Renewal. I cannot see folks seeing this and wanting to return to more permanent viewing. They had a good chance to show they respected tradition and blew it.

happy
Member Avatar

TFP. No surprise about Days. I am surprised The Chew is doing so
well. :huh:

daisy132

happy
Dec 30 2011, 08:03 PM
Me too, actually, but they have some pretty good recipies. I for one love cooking, and I don't mind the show.

talbab1994
Member Avatar

daisy132
Dec 30 2011, 08:08 PM
happy
Me too, actually, but they have some pretty good recipies. I for one love cooking, and I don't mind the show.
Honestly, I kind of like it too. It's an easy one hour to watch. I'm not frustrated after I'm done watching it, which is nice. It's a show where they have some good and easy recipes and party tips and they laugh and have fun. Especially for the holiday, that's kind of nice to watch. The other two soaps that are on at the same time, at least in my time zone, Y & R and Days, are kind of hard to take right now. I feel bad about liking the show and honestly, if one of the other shows were better, I wouldn't be watching The Chew, but for now, I'm watching it.

I know, bad soap fan! :shame:

badaddiction
Member Avatar

talbab1994
Dec 30 2011, 08:12 PM
daisy132
Dec 30 2011, 08:08 PM
happy
Honestly, I kind of like it too. It's an easy one hour to watch. I'm not frustrated after I'm done watching it, which is nice. It's a show where they have some good and easy recipes and party tips and they laugh and have fun. Especially for the holiday, that's kind of nice to watch. The other two soaps that are on at the same time, at least in my time zone, Y & R and Days, are kind of hard to take right now. I feel bad about liking the show and honestly, if one of the other shows were better, I wouldn't be watching The Chew, but for now, I'm watching it.

I know, bad soap fan! :shame:
While I don't watch The Chew (or Days due to the boredom it induces) I'll join you in being a bad soap fan because I actually watched The Talk regularly prior to the firing of Leah and Holly. Yes, I was an old school ATWT fan (and actually returned due to the magnificence of the character Dr. Reid Oliver), but I had no animosity toward The Talk because quite honestly ATWT was such a sad, sad shadow of what it once was that it really needed to be put out of its misery.

cubsgirl
Member Avatar

I could see The Chew doing okay ratings. It is one of those shows people could just keep in the background without even realizing they are watching it. But I don't know if is the type of show that has long term abilities like The View and even The Talk. Martha Stewart's show was strong in the beginning but overtime people lose interest.

ElvisDiMera
Member Avatar

cubsgirl
Jan 1 2012, 07:27 PM
I could see The Chew doing okay ratings. It is one of those shows people could just keep in the background without even realizing they are watching it. But I don't know if is the type of show that has long term abilities like The View and even The Talk. Martha Stewart's show was strong in the beginning but overtime people lose interest.
But today's executives are only concerned about today and not the long term impact of their decisions. Most will have moved on into new positions or to new companies (or even retired) by the time any fall out from their decisions occur.

So ABC looks like a king right now that they canceled a much more expensive show to produce and replaced it with something that is already doing better than it in the ratings.

LanaluvsBroe
Member Avatar

Mitchapalooza
Dec 30 2011, 04:58 PM
this is now mardars 5th week of tanking the show to new all-time lows in 18-49 since the relaunch week......pathetic...not even higley managed that
This show sucks. Period. MarDar need to join Higley at the unemployment line. :flipoff:

Mitchapalooza
Member Avatar
Killing myself slowly

LanaluvsBroe
Jan 3 2012, 12:59 PM
Mitchapalooza
This show sucks. Period. MarDar need to join Higley at the unemployment line. :flipoff:
Totally agree...I have been saying this for months...almost right away I could tell they were gonna be big busts and BOY was I right!

5 weeks of all-time lows in the most important and valuable 18-49 demo is UNACCEPTABLE!

LanaluvsBroe
Member Avatar

Mitchapalooza
Jan 3 2012, 01:10 PM
LanaluvsBroe
Mitchapalooza
Totally agree...I have been saying this for months...almost right away I could tell they were gonna be big busts and BOY was I right!

5 weeks of all-time lows in the most important and valuable 18-49 demo is UNACCEPTABLE!
I'm sure Corday will give them another year to fix things. :moon:

magicsteacher
Member Avatar

LanaluvsBroe
Jan 3 2012, 01:49 PM
Mitchapalooza
Jan 3 2012, 01:10 PM
LanaluvsBroe
Mitchapalooza

I'm sure Corday will give them another year to fix things. :moon:
If he cares anything at all about Days, KC better be demanding rewrites all the way around, and some reshoots, too. He's already poured money into a show that is sinking further and further, he might as well sink some bucks into rewriting and reshooting most of this drivle. Then, he needs to kick Mardar to the curb and hire some writers who can get the job done b/c they are not it. You get what you pay for, Kenny. You went cheap and you got shit.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · General Daytime News · Next Topic »
Add Reply