Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Latest Ratings - Dec. 19-23; DAYS Hits Lows For Third Straight Week
Topic Started: Jan 3 2012, 08:15 PM (2,478 Views)
dc cubs
Member Avatar

Numbers are based on Live+Same Day ratings

(Compared to Last Week/Compared to Last Year)

Total Viewers
1. Y&R 4,927,000 (+462,000/+215,000)
2. B&B 3,352,000 (+332,000/+303,000)
3. OLTL 2,618,000 (+11,000/+263,000)
4. DAYS 2,381,000 (+140,000/-205,000)
5. GH 2,328,000 (-67,000/-51,000)

Households
1. Y&R 3.5/10 (+.2/+.3)
2. B&B 2.4/7 (+.1/+.3)
3. OLTL 1.9/5 (same/+.2)
4. DAYS 1.8/5 (+.1/-.1)
5. GH 1.7/5 (-.1/same) < ties low

Women 18-49 Viewers
1. Y&R 867,000 (+70,000/-35,000)
2. B&B 614,000 (+52,000/+54,000)
3. OLTL 571,000 (-41,000/-31,000)
4. GH 569,000 (-77,000/-151,000)
5. DAYS 520,000 (-8,000/-107,000) < new low (3rd straight week) *

* Previous low: 528,000 (December 12-16, 2011)

Women 18-49 Rating
1. Y&R 1.4/8 (+.2/same)
2. B&B 1.0/6 (+.1/+.2)
3. GH 0.9/5 (-.1/-.2) < ties low
3. OLTL 0.9/5 (-.1/same)
5. DAYS 0.8/5 (same/-.2) < ties low (3rd straight week)

The rest of the ratings can be found at Soap Opera Network.
http://www.soapoperanetwork.com/ratings/ratings-days-hits-lows-for-third-straight-week
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

lysie
Member Avatar

Interesting. So Days did poorly in that demo, but still went up significantly. Weird.

dc cubs
Member Avatar

Here are the daily ratings for Days.

DAYS
Monday: 1.8/2,466,000
Tuesday: 1.8/2,366,000
Wednesday: 1.7/2,240,000
Thursday: 1.8/2,392,000
Friday: 1.8/2,439,000

dc cubs
Member Avatar

lysie
Jan 3 2012, 08:17 PM
Interesting. So Days did poorly in that demo, but still went up significantly. Weird.
They were up 61,000 in Male 18+ viewers. The other 79,000 people are either under 18 or over 54.

lysie
Member Avatar

dc cubs
Jan 3 2012, 08:21 PM
lysie
They were up 61,000 in Male 18+ viewers. The other 79,000 people are either under 18 or over 54.
What on earth did men tune in for? LOL

magicsteacher
Member Avatar

lysie
Jan 3 2012, 08:22 PM
dc cubs
lysie
Interesting that Days lost over 205,000 viewers over last year at this time, yet that was when we were getting the Johnny has eye cancer story that everyone hated. Granted that wasn't all that was on, but it was something that turned off/angered a lot of viewers. Seems that even one of Dena's crumbiest stories faired better with the viewers than what is on our screens now.

Paxton
Member Avatar
Dreaming of a Melanie-free Days

I would suggest that Dena's shitty stories drove off viewers who are too snake-bitten to return. Corday fired her way, way too late.

OldDaysFankat

magicsteacher
Jan 3 2012, 10:07 PM
lysie
Jan 3 2012, 08:22 PM
dc cubs
lysie
Interesting that Days lost over 205,000 viewers over last year at this time, yet that was when we were getting the Johnny has eye cancer story that everyone hated. Granted that wasn't all that was on, but it was something that turned off/angered a lot of viewers. Seems that even one of Dena's crumbiest stories faired better with the viewers than what is on our screens now.
Its odd how folks only recall the bad. It was also around this time that Parkers paternity was revealed which I think brought in decent numbers with the reveal and fallout. ej, sami,nicole, rafe had nothing to do with those positive ratings.

Graham
Member Avatar

GH in the 500s in W18-49 is horrendous.

Checkers
Member Avatar

GH is in really bad shape.

Tammy101
Member Avatar

I completely get why Days slid down lower in that demo...cuz I'm in it and I can't watch it!

badaddiction
Member Avatar

Tammy101
Jan 4 2012, 12:32 AM
I completely get why Days slid down lower in that demo...cuz I'm in it and I can't watch it!
Yep, same with me. I can't take it. The show's just awful and boring.

talbab1994
Member Avatar

I really think that MarDar needs to either:
A) Go
or
B) Corday needs to hire someone that has been a head writer to help them with pacing, storylines, etc. I think, with some help, they could get it right. They just don't right now. Heck, I can't even tell what's an "A" storyline or a "B" storyline-- they all seem to be smashed together with a whole lot of talking and nothing happening. Something has to give here.

I think, in a few months, that GH will rebound. They have a strong team with RC and FV. I believe that it's going to be really interesting to see what happens with the show.

LanaluvsBroe
Member Avatar

Paxton
Jan 3 2012, 10:12 PM
I would suggest that Dena's shitty stories drove off viewers who are too snake-bitten to return. Corday fired her way, way too late.
I suspect he's going to make the same mistake with MarDar.

LanaluvsBroe
Member Avatar

talbab1994
Jan 4 2012, 08:26 AM
I really think that MarDar needs to either:
A) Go
or
B) Corday needs to hire someone that has been a head writer to help them with pacing, storylines, etc. I think, with some help, they could get it right. They just don't right now. Heck, I can't even tell what's an "A" storyline or a "B" storyline-- they all seem to be smashed together with a whole lot of talking and nothing happening. Something has to give here.

I think, in a few months, that GH will rebound. They have a strong team with RC and FV. I believe that it's going to be really interesting to see what happens with the show.
What needs to happen is Corday needs to hire a head writer with experience and proven success aka someone not from Passions. Then he needs to let that person do his or her job and stop dictating which characters to write for. This whole Daniel/Melanie propping crap is all on Corday. He needs to learn to stay the hell out of the writers room. You're paying these writers to write, let them do their damn job.

skiman1208
Member Avatar

I'm really happy for B&B. I just hope that the show can continue to improve its ratings. It sucks for DAYS and I don't find the show as unwatchable like many on the boards seem to. Could the pacing of the stories be better? YES But is the show unwatchable? NO!

peaches179

skiman12082004
Jan 4 2012, 09:14 AM
I'm really happy for B&B. I just hope that the show can continue to improve its ratings. It sucks for DAYS and I don't find the show as unwatchable like many on the boards seem to. Could the pacing of the stories be better? YES But is the show unwatchable? NO!

I agree. There are a lot of hit and misses. But I'm still enjoying the show for the most part. :)

Mitchapalooza
Member Avatar
Killing myself slowly

The new low in W18-49 is richly deserved....DAYS is a convoluted mess!

Beth
Member Avatar

I think people are not home as much during the day and there are too many other options with cable TV. The audience is only so big to pull from. In my mother's day there were only 3 or 4 channels to choose from and they were all soap operas. I would personally bring someone in with vision that hasn't necessarily written for a soap. Writers who write for night time dramas have to keep running story's and come up with a new "hook" every week. Why not look to someone with that kind of experience?

Mitchapalooza
Member Avatar
Killing myself slowly

Beth
Jan 4 2012, 12:39 PM
I think people are not home as much during the day and there are too many other options with cable TV. The audience is only so big to pull from. In my mother's day there were only 3 or 4 channels to choose from and they were all soap operas. I would personally bring someone in with vision that hasn't necessarily written for a soap. Writers who write for night time dramas have to keep running story's and come up with a new "hook" every week. Why not look to someone with that kind of experience?
I think the main reason why this has not happened (or has happened so little) is the expense....primetime headwriters are about 10 times the cost....not only that...but I also read somewhere that these writers are very reluctant to write a soap due to the sheer amount of scripts/stories that need to be penned....daytime is a hard sell for any writer that has seen success in primetime.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · General Daytime News · Next Topic »
Add Reply