Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
SID: Reed Resurgence!; 1/16 Issue
Topic Started: Jan 5 2012, 01:40 PM (2,767 Views)
Mason
Member Avatar

After Philip left town, poor Kate had no kids left to harass. But with Patrick Muldoon's Austin in Salem, and Bryan R. Dattilo and Lisa Rinna returning as Lucas and Billie, she won't have to worry ever again! "There's all this wonderful family stuff that goes on when you have an adult family," beams Lauren Koslow (Kate) of the family's return to the screen.

"I love Bryan. I really do," she enthuses. "Right before he left, he was doing the best work of his career, and there are so many places for that character to go. Lucas is a complicated guy!" Hopefully, Lucas will be more in tune with Will's dilemma than his mother is, or that boy is in for a world of trouble!

Meanwhile, Rinna, who played Billie from 1992-95 and 2002-03, has already begun taping scenes with Kate, Sami and of course, Austin. "Continuing on my tour of Salem...[Patrick] and I have scenes all day. Billie and Austin back together again," she tweeted. "I am so thrilled to be acting again. It's so exciting and right where I belong!"

When last played by Julie Pinson in 2008, Billie left to run security for Titan's London office and was said to have been in a terrible accident in 2009 (which is why daughter Chelsea left town to care for her). Will the tough chick be back in fighting form when she returns to Salem on Friday, March 9? And what will be said of Chelsea? Tune in to find out!
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Mitchapalooza
Member Avatar
Killing myself slowly

This is great, but hopefully STORYLINES/ACTUAL STORY make a resurgence/reappearance as well on this show!
Edited by Mitchapalooza, Jan 5 2012, 01:46 PM.

Helpless Romantic

Mason
Jan 5 2012, 01:40 PM
"I love Bryan. I really do," she enthuses. "Right before he left, he was doing the best work of his career, and there are so many places for that character to go. Lucas is a complicated guy!" Hopefully, Lucas will be more in tune with Will's dilemma than his mother is, or that boy is in for a world of trouble!

This!! I sure hope Lucas will be more in tune with Will's troubles!!! For all his struggles IMO Lucas was the better parent of the two. Trying to for the most part put his son first :wub: . Unlike Sami.

px780
Member Avatar
Streetcorner Philosopher

Mitchapalooza
Jan 5 2012, 01:46 PM
This is great, but hopefully STORYLINES/ACTUAL STORY make a resurgence/reappearance as well on this show!
No, silly. The main point of returning actors/characters is to have them interact (briefly) and give viewers the warm fuzzies as they remember the show the way it used to be when they liked it better. It's near total reliance on viewer memory, which I guess is a good way to go if you don't think you can ever live up to that with new storylines.

Mitchapalooza
Member Avatar
Killing myself slowly

px780
Jan 5 2012, 02:01 PM
Mitchapalooza
Jan 5 2012, 01:46 PM
No, silly. The main point of returning actors/characters is to have them interact (briefly) and give viewers the warm fuzzies as they remember the show the way it used to be when they liked it better. It's near total reliance on viewer memory, which I guess is a good way to go if you don't think you can ever live up to that with new storylines.
Too bad nearly 70% (generous estimate) of said viewers no longer watch! What GENIUSES those DAYS EP's/HW's are!
Edited by Mitchapalooza, Jan 5 2012, 02:05 PM.

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

Can't wait for Billie and Lucas' returns. I'm looking forward to Muldoon and Rinna's dynamic.

Sariah
Member Avatar

I got all excited there for a second when one of the first words was "Philip."

Miss him.

CalAggie87

Isn't Austin supposedly older than Billie, because in the day I thought that was what was the case though I found it really unbelievable, because he sure did not look that way. But now, with PM not aging that well, finally Austin will look older?

BTW, did they ever say what their real names were?

Alligato
Member Avatar

Last time I saw Rinna, she wasn't looking like a spring chicken either.
Peck and Pinson both have a little more youth to them than Muldoon and Rinna.

tylerbo20

Billie is coming back to work at the spa and Lucas is coming back to help out at the pub...next up Kristen/Patch/peter/Laura/Sarah/Mike all return to help out at the pub and are only scene once

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

CalAggie87
http://daytimeroyaltyonline.com/single/?p=8685947&t=8629283
Isn't Austin supposedly older than Billie, because in the day I thought that was what was the case though I found it really unbelievable, because he sure did not look that way. But now, with PM not aging that well, finally Austin will look older?

BTW, did they ever say what their real names were?
Yes, Austin is older than Billie by like 2 years I think. And no, their real first names were never revealed. All we know is their real last name was Brown.

SlyestFox
Member Avatar

Alligato
Jan 5 2012, 02:32 PM
More than a little. Julie and Austin look WAY younger than Lisa and Patrick. In fairness, they are younger than them, but they look like 10 years younger, which they're not.

Interestingly, despite Austin being older than Billie for some reason, there has never been a pairing of Austin and Billie where Austin wasn't played by the younger actor. Lisa Rinna's older than Patrick Muldoon, Julie Pinson and Krista Allen are older than Austin Peck. If it had been Patrick and Julie, it would have looked right for the very first time.

Seriously, I wish they'd just brought Julie back. She was by far the best actress in the role, and it's not like she's got the "ugh bad recast" rep that Austin Peck had.
Edited by SlyestFox, Jan 5 2012, 02:54 PM.

JamesScott_19
Member Avatar
Don't get up. So how are you? What happened, eh? Let me guess, Stefano told you that you could fly,and you jumped off a building. HeHe It's funny right, no I'm sorry Bad EJ, I should'nt be that cruel!

This sounds pretty amazing, but not everything is what it seems on this show.

Please writers do not disappoint me. :shame:

Thomson
Member Avatar

I'm really excited about Lucas returning, could care less about Billie since we'll probably get another round of Bo/Billie/Hope. These writers will never learn.

Schumi_F1

Sariah
Jan 5 2012, 02:07 PM
I got all excited there for a second when one of the first words was "Philip."

Miss him.

Philip that's all i read :wub:
Miss Jay :wub:

darraholic
Member Avatar

Really the last successful new family on the show. Only the Wesley's & Walker's came close IMO.

LucasHortonFan
Please write 4 Bryan Dattilo, Give him a love interest.

I want Philip and Lucas, not much to ask....

jtsahottie
Member Avatar
If I woke from a coma and Channing Tatum told me he was my husband... I'd Believe Him!

sounds good

CarlD2

SlyestFox
Jan 5 2012, 02:53 PM
Alligato
Jan 5 2012, 02:32 PM
More than a little. Julie and Austin look WAY younger than Lisa and Patrick. In fairness, they are younger than them, but they look like 10 years younger, which they're not.

Interestingly, despite Austin being older than Billie for some reason, there has never been a pairing of Austin and Billie where Austin wasn't played by the younger actor. Lisa Rinna's older than Patrick Muldoon, Julie Pinson and Krista Allen are older than Austin Peck. If it had been Patrick and Julie, it would have looked right for the very first time.

Seriously, I wish they'd just brought Julie back. She was by far the best actress in the role, and it's not like she's got the "ugh bad recast" rep that Austin Peck had.
There's something very generic about Julie Pinson - which she sometimes compensates for by yelling her lines. Then again I only really saw her on PC and her awful run on ATWT, so she may have been great as Billie.

Mitchapalooza
Member Avatar
Killing myself slowly

darraholic
Jan 5 2012, 04:30 PM
Really the last successful new family on the show. Only the Wesley's & Walker's came close IMO.
Agreed...the Reeds/Roberts were the last successful family introduced after the Brady's & DiMera's in the 80's.

Sad that every attempt at establishing a new family since them has not lived up (except the on that you noted as coming close or at least being respectable attempts).

Edited by Mitchapalooza, Jan 5 2012, 06:21 PM.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply