Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
CW Eyes Canadian Soap 'L.A. Complex' for Summer
Topic Started: Jan 5 2012, 03:31 PM (818 Views)
Nubia
Member Avatar
The Queen

CW Eyes Canadian Soap 'L.A. Complex' for Summer
Posted Image

The youth-skewing network is in talks to acquire The L.A. Complex, a Canadian soap set to bow next week on music-themed channel MuchMusic from CTV.

Created and executive produced by Bored to Death's Martin Gero, the series stars Jonathan Patrick Moore (Neighbours) as Connor, an Australian with a dark past, and Cassie Steele (Degrassi) as Abby, a Toronto girl with dreams of making it Hollywood.

The CW is eyeing the six already-produced hourlong episodes of the series and, depending on whether or not CTV extends Complex's run, could add an additional seven, which could result in a 13-episode summer run as the network under new topper Mark Pedowitz looks to expand from its bread-and-butter fall fare.

The news comes a day after the network is said to be eyeing a 13-episode cable model for Cult, a crime drama from Josh Schwartz, Stephanie Savage and Len Goldstein that the CW ordered to pilot.

The CW has struggled amid a sea of original scripted fare on the Big 4 networks during the summer and is looking to add to the reality fare it currently has in development.

Complex could be a natural fit for the net, whose previous Melrose Place reboot was canceled after one season in 2009 but has found success with primetime soaps including Gossip Girl, 90210 and Hart of Dixie, among others.

Complex premieres Tuesday at 9 p.m. on MuchMusic.

source: THR.com
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Mason
Member Avatar

So they're going to produce a rip-off of a rip-off of a rip-off that they canceled less than 2 years ago? When they could have just kept Melrose? (it wasn't great but at least it had the brand name and some potential behind it)

I'm sick of this network.

Bright Eyes
Member Avatar

Mason
Jan 5 2012, 03:36 PM
So they're going to produce a rip-off of a rip-off of a rip-off that they canceled less than 2 years ago? When they could have just kept Melrose? (it wasn't great but at least it had the brand name and some potential behind it)

I'm sick of this network.
Wow, being from Toronto, I haven't even heard of this. I really am growing old and out of the loop now. :embarrassed:
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

darraholic
Member Avatar

It seems like Melrose Place without the title lol.

And I'm with Mason, Melrose Place 2.0 wasn't as great as the original, but it wasn't bad either. I thought it started to hit it's stride once Heather Locklear returned. The biggest downfall was how out of character the original characters were. And killing Sydney in episode 1 was a horrible idea.

Drew
Member Avatar
#bbuk

darraholic
Jan 5 2012, 04:45 PM
It seems like Melrose Place without the title lol.

And I'm with Mason, Melrose Place 2.0 wasn't as great as the original, but it wasn't bad either. I thought it started to hit it's stride once Heather Locklear returned. The biggest downfall was how out of character the original characters were. And killing Sydney in episode 1 was a horrible idea.
The lack of promotion and sidlining it for 6 months didnt help either.

Drew
Member Avatar
#bbuk

So many things wrong with this concept though really.

The biggest being Canada trying to pretend to be LA. The second being that it's produced for Much, which means it was made with no money.

King
Member Avatar

I'll check this out, but it sure does sound a lot like Melrose.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Primetime News & Spoilers · Next Topic »
Add Reply