Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Celeste back to Days! (Update: Recast announced); Beverly Todd will play Celeste
Topic Started: Jan 9 2012, 04:05 PM (25,957 Views)
Ellie

'Days of Our Lives' scoop: Meet Lexie's mom! -- EXCLUSIVE

Posted Image

An eccentric psychic is about to show up in Salem.

EW has learned exclusively that Beverly Todd (Crash, Bucket List) will join NBC’s Days of Our Lives as Celeste, the nutty mom of Lexie Carver (Renee Jones).

Todd will first appear on April 3 for a multi-episode arc. Here’s how the producers described Celeste when they put out the call for a "gorgeous African-American female": “Celeste is a unique character in every way. She has had a very sordid past with many errors in judgment. Celeste is a tarot card reader and somewhat of a fortune teller although usually tends to have visions of doom for people. She has a strong bond with her daughter and grandson and she is very protective of them. She comes back to Salem to be with her family and help keep them safe.”

Todd is taping now.

------------------------------------------------

http://www.soapoperadigest.com/content/exclusive-tanya-boyd-back-days

EXCLUSIVE! Tanya Boyd Back To DAYS!

By SOD • Posted: Jan 9, 2012

Digest has learned that Tanya Boyd, who played DAYS's psychic Celeste Perrault — mother of Lexie — is heading back to Salem. The actress joined the cast in 1994 and was last seen in October, 2007.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

NocturnalBlondie
Member Avatar
Make EJ/Abby happen, DAYS!

Oops! We posted at the same time! Feel free to delete my thread!

Ellie

Yayyyy I love her!!! :smile: :smile:

ArizonaDaze
Member Avatar

Yippee!!!

Ellie

nocturnalblondie
Jan 9 2012, 04:05 PM
Oops! We posted at the same time! Feel free to delete my thread!
Thanks - sorry about that! Idk who was first (I think it was a matter of seconds lol) but I tweeted mine from DR so had to keep that one...

Kenny
Member Avatar

How exciting! I love Celeste.

am103
Member Avatar

Yes!!! I love Celeste, I'm so excited about this! :)

NocturnalBlondie
Member Avatar
Make EJ/Abby happen, DAYS!

I'm so excited about this news though! Cooky, eccentric... whatever! Celeste was awesome! :D

JamaicanBeauty7
Member Avatar

Love her!!!! I missed Celeste. I can't wait for her to come back! :cheer:

Casey
Member Avatar
#BringBackMartha

Awesome news! Celeste is one of my favorites. I hope this means they'll be doing something with Lexie.

lene
Member Avatar

I hope Abe and Celeste fuck!

jaygal
Member Avatar

Woo hoo!! :cheer:

SocRMum1
Member Avatar
Much prefers sweevil, snarky EJ over Father Figure Fucktard Eejiot.

Sweeeet! Love Celeste! I really wasn't expecting they'd bring her back. Great news!

dc cubs
Member Avatar

Good news. I hope this means more air time for Lexie and dare I say some type of story line.

CalAggie87

Definitely I want Abeste.

SlyestFox
Member Avatar

Aw, yay! How exciting! Always loved Celeste. I'm sure it'll be in a recurring capacity, but still. Glad to have her back.

And yet still... they keep bulking up the cast and bulking up the cast. When are they letting someone go?
Edited by SlyestFox, Jan 9 2012, 04:14 PM.

Dorothy595
Member Avatar

FANTASTIC!! :cheer:
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Ellie

So what's everyone's guess on a storyline? Hmmm. Maybe a Stefano-Kate-Celeste triangle? Or maybe for Lexie?

annie21

I guess maybe I'm the only one who isn't thrilled to hear this news. Maybe because when I think of Celeste, the only thing I can see is either the floating head of Tom Horton over the mantle or a floating skull with glowing red eyes. Sorry, guys, but I canNOT bear to go back to that Reillyesque supernatural junk. I just can't.

Dorothy595
Member Avatar

I think she'll be more involved with helping Abe and Lexie. I can't see a triangle with Kate/Stef and Celeste.
Celeste knows Stefano too well.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply