Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Celeste back to Days! (Update: Recast announced); Beverly Todd will play Celeste
Topic Started: Jan 9 2012, 04:05 PM (25,947 Views)
Ellie

annie21
Jan 9 2012, 04:19 PM
I guess maybe I'm the only one who isn't thrilled to hear this news. Maybe because when I think of Celeste, the only thing I can see is either the floating head of Tom Horton over the mantle or a floating skull with glowing red eyes. Sorry, guys, but I canNOT bear to go back to that Reillyesque supernatural junk. I just can't.

I actually like when they use her as opposed to try to have someone else get "vibes" about something. But yes, if it's too OTT I don't think I'd enjoy it.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

jtsahottie
Member Avatar
If I woke from a coma and Channing Tatum told me he was my husband... I'd Believe Him!

This is actually kinda cool. Any word on how long she's back for.

Ellie

Dorothy595
Jan 9 2012, 04:19 PM
I think she'll be more involved with helping Abe and Lexie. I can't see a triangle with Kate/Stef and Celeste.
Celeste knows Stefano too well.
I really like how JER always had Celeste pining after Stefano, while he wasn't interested. I'd like if that dynamic came out again.

Ellie

jtsahottie
Jan 9 2012, 04:22 PM
This is actually kinda cool. Any word on how long she's back for.
Nope, all we know at this point is what was in the SOD post.

am103
Member Avatar

Celeste would kick Kate's ass lol. I see her being in the election storyline, because I have a feeling it's going to blow up here soon. We've read interviews about Abe and Jennifer doing something with the campaign that gets them in trouble, so I see there being big fallout for Lexie/Abe in the future. Perfect time for Celeste's return.

AllmyDaysatGh
Member Avatar

OMFG! I love Tanya Boyd & Celeste so much. It will be so great to see her again. I didn't think they'd bother bringing her back ever. Such great news & I can't wait for Lexie/Celeste scenes! TFP! :rockon:

LovingDays

partyyyyyyyyyyyy youppi i freaking love her

jtsahottie
Member Avatar
If I woke from a coma and Channing Tatum told me he was my husband... I'd Believe Him!

Thanks. Mardar really are bringing back the 90's feel. And yes the cast is getting big, I wonder if and when cuts will be made.

daisy132

I'm guessing that she's coming back to put a curse on EJ. With her character's voodoo history and the Passions writers I don't think that we can escape the "magic".

elizhope
Member Avatar

I've always liked Celeste's character. But another return? Wow... the cast keeps getting bigger and bigger. Surely they have to start letting people go soon to make room.. right?

I vote (wishful thinking) for Rafe, Daniel and Melanie to be the first ones to get the boot LOL
Edited by elizhope, Jan 9 2012, 04:34 PM.

Fairygodmother

I love Celeste. Stefano and family beware her premonitions!

niki51586

I lvoe Celeste but I can also do without the sci-fi aspect on soaps. Hey if I wanted to watch that they have a whole network dedicated to the craziness that is science fiction.

am103
Member Avatar

elizhope
Jan 9 2012, 04:33 PM
I've always liked Celeste's character. But another return? Wow... the cast keeps getting bigger and bigger. Surely they have to start letting people go soon to make room.. right?
I actually read an article in the newspaper yesterday, an NBC rep talked about how horrible all of the NBC shows are doing, and he talked about how NBC is investing a lot more into each and every show to boost as many ratings as possible.

So maybe DAYS got some extra cash to bring back some more faves? I'm still waiting for a return by Leann Hunley, that has to be what the "LH in May 2012" tweet was all about all those months ago. Plus with Carrie back, it would be perfect timing. Just guessing here, of course.

Partnersincrime
Member Avatar

its this mean lexie and ej turn out not to be brother and sister and have hot romance

AlisonLou

Have Days run out of dressing rooms yet?
The cast is getting way too big!
Maybe. Zack is alive and Celeste has had him the whole time!
She could be returning for the Alice's secrets so.
Maybe she was Alice's partner?

jtsahottie
Member Avatar

Never thought of that. Yes maybe she is the secret partner.

niki51586

Are all these people back permanetly? For instance I thought Rhinna was back for a few weeks not long term. I think it would be great to have a lot of reaccuring but keep the main cast fairly small.

rosered

elizhope
Jan 9 2012, 04:33 PM

I vote (wishful thinking) for Rafe, Daniel and Melanie to be the first ones to get the boot LOL
Great to see CELESTE again, she's great , I was thinking the same thing cast is gettting so bigger, maybe they want their renewal yr to be a good one, bring on all these people. I dont think they will let anyone go there's been no talk of that. Hope the writing improves, with all these new ppl on board. should be an interesting yr.

DaysPossessed
Member Avatar

Woohooo! I love her!

px780
Member Avatar
Streetcorner Philosopher

I'm kind of incoherent on this one because it's so overwhelmingly awesome. I don't know that I even want her featured in a storyline. To me she's classic support, she can bring that spice that the show is lacking, but I'm not sure about blowing that up any bigger. And I don't need full-on supernatural, but vibes/light premonitions would be good times.

I hope they buy her a decent wig.

I like the idea of her being part of Alice's secret. That would possibly make me give a damn for a hot minute.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply