Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Connection, domain and display issues?; Please Contribute Info!
Topic Started: Jan 11 2012, 11:41 PM (4,486 Views)
Miss Rhi
Member Avatar
"If Sami can't find happiness with a Martian, then she can't find happiness with anyone."

This is going to be one thread for everyone who's currently having problems with the board displaying, link issues (example: needing www or not), domain issues, page errors or any other problem. I created and will direct the Zetaboard people to read this thread since I don't seem to ever seem include enough information for them to do anything. They are saying that our board is the only one reporting particular issues when support tickets are created through the Zetaboard system, and if they were ZB issues then other boards would be reporting the same things. I don't know if other boards are not reporting problems because they don't have them or maybe because they don't know how to explain them or because they keep getting the same replies I do when trying to get help. It's hard to explain issues when your not experiencing them personally but I create tickets and have someone reply a couple times then they just seem to stop answering all together.

I apologize if the mass e-mail to members freaked anyone out. It was not intended to do that, it was an attempt get some help from members here to resolve long standing issues people have been having.

If your having any type of issue with the DR tech wise then post the details in the thread linked to below and follow the instructions below. You can copy and paste the list of questions and then answer below them.

What are you using to access the DR? A PC, Mac, Ipad, tablet, cell phone or something else?

What operating system do you have?

What browser and browser version are you using?

Describe your issues in as much detail as possible without getting too confusing.

Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

presley cat
Member Avatar

Miss Rhi
Jan 11 2012, 11:41 PM
This is going to be one thread for everyone who's currently having problems with the board displaying, link issues (example: needing www or not), domain issues, page errors or any other problem. I created and will direct the Zetaboard people to read this thread since I don't seem to ever seem include enough information for them to do anything. They are saying that our board is the only one reporting particular issues when support tickets are created through the Zetaboard system, and if they were ZB issues then other boards would be reporting the same things. I don't know if other boards are not reporting problems because they don't have them or maybe because they don't know how to explain them or because they keep getting the same replies I do when trying to get help. It's hard to explain issues when your not experiencing them personally but I create tickets and have someone reply a couple times then they just seem to stop answering all together.

If your having any type of issue with the DR tech wise then post the details in the thread linked to below and follow the instructions below. You can copy and paste the list of questions and then answer below them.

What are you using to access the DR? A PC, Mac, Ipad, tablet, cell phone or something else?

Describe your issues in as much detail as possible without getting too confusing.

Using my laptop, running Windows7 I have difficulty opening the site from my favorites bar. I get a message saying Internet Explorer can not open this site. I am using the newest Internet Explorer, I believe it is 8.

If I click on it repeatedly and SLOWLY I can sometimes get it to open.

I'm sorry to say I never click on any of your links anymore. In November I opened a twitter picture on the tweets thread and downloaded the virus called OPEN CLOUD. It locked up my computer completely and I had to send it to the factory to be wiped clean. Bummer!!!!! My anti-virus software was up to date and it didn't matter.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Dorothy595
Member Avatar

Quote:

I use PC
What operating system do you have? Windows 7

What browser and browser version are you using? Internet Explorer 8

I will get a page that says "Internet Explorer cannot access this site"

Sometimes I can get in and other times I can't.

lysie
Member Avatar

presley cat
Jan 12 2012, 10:43 AM
Miss Rhi
Jan 11 2012, 11:41 PM

Using my laptop, running Windows7 I have difficulty opening the site from my favorites bar. I get a message saying Internet Explorer can not open this site. I am using the newest Internet Explorer, I believe it is 8.

If I click on it repeatedly and SLOWLY I can sometimes get it to open.

Rhi, this is the same problem I was having a little over a year ago, but I was using a Mac and Safari. I don't have the problem now, though.

niki51586

I also have windows 7 and explorer 8 and sometimes when I click on the link whether in my favorites or in a google search I get an error message that explorer can't open the page. In order to get in I have to continue hit the link until it finally lets me in.

Miss Rhi
Member Avatar
"If Sami can't find happiness with a Martian, then she can't find happiness with anyone."

I apologize if the mass e-mail to members freaked anyone out. It was not intended to do that, it was an attempt get some help from members here to resolve long standing issues people have been having.

lazydazes
Member Avatar

I have been issues with the 'like' feature. Does DR still have? I have Windows XP with Internet browser.

nightwatcher

PC
Windows Vista
Internet Explorer

I've been having major issues with IE in general for the last week or so, not just on this site. It was recommended to me to ditch IE and switch to another browser, Mozilla for instancee. I haven't done it yet but I think I'll have to. This computer is driving me crazy!!

:frustration:

deVour

What are you using to access the DR? A PC, Mac, Ipad, tablet, cell phone or something else? PC & cell phone
What operating system do you have? PC: Windows 7 & Phone: Andoid
What browser and browser version are you using? Firefox 9.0.1
(1) Preview button under Fast Reply does not do anything, i.e. no preview
(2) Every once in a while get the following screen, will try again later and can finally connect.
-----------------------
Server not found

Firefox can't find the server at daytimeroyaltyonline.com.

Check the address for typing errors such as
ww.example.com instead of
www.example.com
If you are unable to load any pages, check your computer's network connection.
If your computer or network is protected by a firewall or proxy, make sure that Firefox is permitted to access the Web.
------------------------------

magicsteacher
Member Avatar

lazydazes
Jan 12 2012, 06:43 PM
I have been issues with the 'like' feature. Does DR still have? I have Windows XP with Internet browser.
I am having the same problem with the like/dislike feature. I am using Internet Explorer 7. The feature disappeared all of a sudden a few weeks ago.

Thanks.

Miss Rhi
Member Avatar

Can anyone who couldn't see the Like/Dislike buttons before see them now?

Dorothy595
Member Avatar

I have no problems seeing the like buttons, that is when I can get in here. I've been trying all day and it seems late at night it's easier to access.

Waiting for new spoilers in the Days sections. :cheers:
Edited by Dorothy595, Jan 20 2012, 12:07 AM.

collou-plus2

I was having problems about a month ago where I could get in on DR on my PC at work (using Firefox as my browser) but couldn't get in on my Mac at home using Firefox or Safari. What was strange was that I could get in on DR on my iPhone. But now, in the last couple of days, I've had no problems at all getting in on my Mac at home. Success!!!
Edited by collou-plus2, Jan 22 2012, 12:16 PM.

misch
Member Avatar

I'm still having issues. I'm running it on IE8 and windows 7. Funny enough I don't have a problem reading the page on my iphone but it won't let me log in.

Ana75
Member Avatar

What are you using to access the DR? A PC, Mac, Ipad, tablet, cell phone or something else? PC and smartphone

What operating system do you have? Windows 7

What browser and browser version are you using? Google Chrome and IE 9

Describe your issues in as much detail as possible without getting too confusing. Sometimes DR works for me when I want to go there and sometimes it doesn't. Have to keep on pressing a link or a cached page. It's aggravating.

Miss Rhi
Member Avatar

Ana75
Jan 23 2012, 06:32 PM
Sometimes DR works for me when I want to go there and sometimes it doesn't. Have to keep on pressing a link or a cached page. It's aggravating.
Do you get a specific error message or anything like that?

Ana75
Member Avatar

Miss Rhi
Jan 24 2012, 03:36 PM
Ana75
Jan 23 2012, 06:32 PM
Sometimes DR works for me when I want to go there and sometimes it doesn't. Have to keep on pressing a link or a cached page. It's aggravating.
Do you get a specific error message or anything like that?
I get this message. ^^ Doesn't work at all on IE anymore. But with Google chrome it gives me a cached copy to click and after some prodding I am able to finally get in.

Oops! Google Chrome could not find daytimeroyaltyonline.com

deVour

For what it's worth, the problem seems to be getting worse, more times than not getting an error that server for daytimeroyaltyonline.com cannot be found. Sometimes this is AFTER intially getting home page then trying to link to a thread. Could this be internet service provider related?

Miss Rhi
Member Avatar

deVour
Jan 26 2012, 12:26 PM
For what it's worth, the problem seems to be getting worse, more times than not getting an error that server for daytimeroyaltyonline.com cannot be found. Sometimes this is AFTER intially getting home page then trying to link to a thread. Could this be internet service provider related?
What browser are you using and what kind of computer or device to get here?

deVour

Miss Rhi
Jan 26 2012, 06:28 PM
deVour
Jan 26 2012, 12:26 PM
What browser are you using and what kind of computer or device to get here?
See post #9

(btw: preview button seems to be working again)

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · The Throne Room · Next Topic »
Add Reply