Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Connection, domain and display issues?; Please Contribute Info!
Topic Started: Jan 11 2012, 11:41 PM (4,548 Views)
Ana75
Member Avatar

It's so hard to view DR on my laptop. I am guessing it might my internet provider which is comcast. It's such a pain trying to even get on here.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Mindy
Member Avatar

For the longest time I've had issues with staying logged in when using Internet Explorer so I'd give up and stay in lurkdom. I downloaded Firefox and it works fine. Finally!

deVour

deVour
Jan 27 2012, 10:42 AM
Miss Rhi
Jan 26 2012, 06:28 PM
deVour
Jan 26 2012, 12:26 PM
For what it's worth, the problem seems to be getting worse, more times than not getting an error that server for daytimeroyaltyonline.com cannot be found. Sometimes this is AFTER intially getting home page then trying to link to a thread. Could this be internet service provider related?
What browser are you using and what kind of computer or device to get here?
See post #9

(btw: preview button seems to be working again)
Weird - came up with a work-around for the "server not found" problem when trying to connect to home page or link to threads from the home page. If I add www. in front of the web page name daytimeroyalty.com in the address field, it appears to work.

daytimeroyaltyonline.com/forum/3000335/ - not found
add www. prefix, then: www.daytimeroyaltyonline.com/forum/3000335/ - found

DJsMommy
Member Avatar

I'm on Windows 7 using Firefox & this is what I get almost everytime I come here lately:
Server not found

Firefox can't find the server at daytimeroyaltyonline.com.

* Check the address for typing errors such as
ww.example.com instead of
www.example.com

* If you are unable to load any pages, check your computer's network
connection.

* If your computer or network is protected by a firewall or proxy, make sure
that Firefox is permitted to access the Web.

Before I might get this error once a month & it usually happened if I clicked on links from DR that were posted on Twitter or Facebook. Now though, I'm getting it several times a day.

somuchwhatever
Member Avatar
Brotherly Love

Miss Rhi
Jan 11 2012, 11:41 PM
This is going to be one thread for everyone who's currently having problems with the board displaying, link issues (example: needing www or not), domain issues, page errors or any other problem. I created and will direct the Zetaboard people to read this thread since I don't seem to ever seem include enough information for them to do anything. They are saying that our board is the only one reporting particular issues when support tickets are created through the Zetaboard system, and if they were ZB issues then other boards would be reporting the same things. I don't know if other boards are not reporting problems because they don't have them or maybe because they don't know how to explain them or because they keep getting the same replies I do when trying to get help. It's hard to explain issues when your not experiencing them personally but I create tickets and have someone reply a couple times then they just seem to stop answering all together.

I apologize if the mass e-mail to members freaked anyone out. It was not intended to do that, it was an attempt get some help from members here to resolve long standing issues people have been having.

If your having any type of issue with the DR tech wise then post the details in the thread linked to below and follow the instructions below. You can copy and paste the list of questions and then answer below them.

What are you using to access the DR? A PC, Mac, Ipad, tablet, cell phone or something else?

What operating system do you have?

What browser and browser version are you using?

Describe your issues in as much detail as possible without getting too confusing.

What are you using to access the DR? A PC, Mac, Ipad, tablet, cell phone or something else?
I've had this happen with both a laptop and an iPhone.

Windows XP on the laptop, Mac obviously on the iPhone

Laptop - Firefox 9.0.1
iPhone - Safari 5.1.2 (I think)

Describe your issues in as much detail as possible without getting too confusing.
Sometimes when I open the site, it will tell me it can't pull up. The problem is inconsistent - happens at any random time. It is usually corrected if I add www to the URL. This will generally fix it in Firefox. It doesn't always work on my iPhone, though. It's been occurring as long as I've frequented this site, which was starting sometime back in October, IIRC.

10max26

deVour
Jan 26 2012, 12:26 PM
For what it's worth, the problem seems to be getting worse, more times than not getting an error that server for daytimeroyaltyonline.com cannot be found. Sometimes this is AFTER intially getting home page then trying to link to a thread. Could this be internet service provider related?
I've been having this same problem for the past few weeks from both my Mac and Iphone.

I will try adding the www prefix next time I get an error and see if that works.

Ana75
Member Avatar

My problem was fixed for awhile and now it's back. Frustrated.

Aliaron
Member Avatar

I'm in the same boat as Ana.

Kirk
Member Avatar
Captain Kirk

I am having issues as well, and I know it's IE because on my laptop using Firefox it's fine and when I use my cell it's fine. But unfortuantely. this cheap ass Dell computer my parents have sucks and won't download Firefox. :frustration:

I know the staff at DR here is awesome and will do anything to fix these problems if at all possible. ;)

collou-plus2

Ana75
Feb 16 2012, 10:53 AM
My problem was fixed for awhile and now it's back. Frustrated.
This is where I'm currently at. I had problems in the beginning, then the problem seemed to be fixed for a couple of weeks. Now, it's back again. I can get on with no problems on my PC at work (Windows XP) and on my iPhone 4. But I'm back to the problem where I can't get on the website from my Mac (OS X 10.6) because it tells me that it can't find the server (this is going through both Firefox AND Safari).

Tammy
Member Avatar

I have the worst problem trying to view this board. More often then not when I try clicking log in, clicking a section, or clicking a thread I get this error: "Oops! Google Chrome could not find daytimeroyaltyonline.com" I have to click refresh over and over and over... :frustration:

Crazygirl
Member Avatar

^^Mine is doing the same thing. It seems to happen only when I use Google Chrome. It was a problem a little while ago but then it stopped but just recently it started happening again.

deVour

Crazygirl
Mar 13 2012, 11:30 AM
^^Mine is doing the same thing. It seems to happen only when I use Google Chrome. It was a problem a little while ago but then it stopped but just recently it started happening again.
Try this:

Insert www. right before daytimeroyaltyonline in the address bar, then hit enter

collou-plus2

deVour
Mar 13 2012, 12:00 PM
Crazygirl
Try this:

Insert www. right before daytimeroyaltyonline in the address bar, then hit enter
Since I've been having the same problems others have, I've tried to follow the various pieces of advice given. I have tried adding www in front of daytimeroyaltyonline and have even typed in www.daytimeroyaltyonline.com/index in the address bar. Sometimes that will get me into the main board. But as soon as I try clicking on one of the forums to look at threads, that's when the message pops up that Firefox or Safari can't find the server and I can't go any further. But this only happens on my Mac at home, not my iPhone or PC at work.
Edited by collou-plus2, Mar 13 2012, 12:55 PM.

Crazygirl
Member Avatar

deVour
Mar 13 2012, 12:00 PM
Crazygirl
Try this:

That didn't make it work either. Thanks though.

ArizonaDaze
Member Avatar

I use a PC

Windows XP

Firefox version 13.0.1

I don't have any issues logging on, but I can't see some avatars including my own, no like or dislike button, if someone has a spoiler to toggle, I can't do that either. Some things just seem to be blocked. I don't have this problem on any other computers or my droid phone either. I also have IE8 and have the exact same problems with it too. Could it be a block from my virus protection program? I run Vipre. Thanks for any answers.

lightandday
Member Avatar
HBD-Nesta Robert Marley,February 6, 1945 BitchesBrew

You tube clips are showing up extremely slow is something going on with the site?

restless daze
Member Avatar
Now don't come whoopin' my ass at the grocery store cause I picked on your fav on here!

My problems are similar to ArizonaDaze.

At home, I am using IE latest version, I think 9. Windows 7. I can see most avatars, siggy, banners, etc. I can quote. But can't view GIF's, or anyones avatars that move. For instance, Mitches JS avatar is just a pic of her, she doesn't move anymore.

At work, using IE, latest version, Windows XP. I can't see most 8 out of 10 avatars, hardly any banners 9 out of 10 , can not see video or most pictures people post. Can't see spoiler toggles.

Changing my theme to Mya (Red) brought back the likes and dislikes. I can't quote or report anyone at work. There is a like dislike, and a littlebox next to them for multiquote- but is does't work. the likes/dis do work.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · The Throne Room · Next Topic »
Add Reply