Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Smash: Season 1 Discussion
Topic Started: Jan 17 2012, 04:45 PM (3,260 Views)
Rick
Member Avatar
Dreamlander

Has anyone watched yet? NBC has added it onDemand.

I thought it was great. All the characters are good and work well off each other. McPhee and Messing are the standouts.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Michael Baldwin
Member Avatar
EE fan

Great start, lots of famous names, interesting story ... definitely, I will watch this. Can't wait second episode.

Michael Baldwin
Member Avatar
EE fan

I just watched first episode for the fourth time. :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub:

cubsgirl
Member Avatar

Rick
Jan 17 2012, 04:45 PM
Has anyone watched yet? NBC has added it onDemand.
Glad you said it was OnDemand. There isn't anything else on tonight and was planning on checking it out so will watch now.

cubsgirl
Member Avatar

Just finished watching the first episode. It does have potential. I not completely sold on it like I have heard other say online, but will check it out through the season.

Southofsoap
Member Avatar

I finally got around to watching the pilot and I quite enjoyed it, which is surprising because this type of show isn't my cup of tea. Some parts need expanding, like Debra Messing's husband who seemed all over the place in terms of characterization. McPhee's bf seemed too good to be true and knows way too much about Marilyn Monroe to be heterosexual. However, the show has a nice energy that keeps it flowing.

Tom

Really enjoyed this. Just watched it online! It's like watching a movie, is the thing. You're instantly entertained! You're INSTANTLY drawn in.

Rick
Member Avatar
Dreamlander

Josef.... Is that you?

The Room Stops
Member Avatar

I personally loved it! After GCB, this was my most anticipated show this season.

I love Megan Hilty, and I can't wait to see what they do with her character. It'll be hard to suspend the disbelief that anyone would think Katherine McPhee (who IS truly better than I expected in this) could play Marilyn Monroe better than Hilty, but I'll go with it. I saw a clip with some scenes from later in the season, and it looked highly promising. Better than the pilot.

Brian D'Arcy James in a good show - finally (fell in love with him a little when I found a bootleg for "The Apple Tree" with him and K.Chenoweth)! And Debra Messing back on TV, along with Anjelica Huston. Jack Davenport is sexy as all frak.

Snowing Fan
Member Avatar

Haven't seen the pilot yet,waiting till tomorrow,glade to hear good things.So excited to see Debra Messing back on tv.

Cupcake06

I've always thought Katherine McPhee is so darn pretty. :)

King
Member Avatar

I can't wait for tonight!

Mitchapalooza
Member Avatar
Killing myself slowly

I will be watching for sure...I am desperate to find something on TV that is not reality or a comedy..that works with my schedule.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Snowing Fan
Member Avatar

REALLY good so far.

Rick
Member Avatar
Dreamlander

Watching for the third time and I still love it.

Snowing Fan
Member Avatar

"Let Me Be Your Star",:) PERFECT.

Beats GLEE in every way possible.
Edited by Snowing Fan, Feb 6 2012, 11:02 PM.

Mason

I really wasn't expecting to like this show at all, but I decided to watch after reading all the great reviews. It was pretty good. I will say, I was bored during the musical numbers and the preview for the season wouldn't have convinced me to keep watching if I was on the fence. However, the cast and characters are great and the dialogue is nice too (which is becoming increasingly rare on network TV), so I'll keep watching.

Angie79
Member Avatar
Royal Reporter

I thought the first half of the show was kinda boring, but the rest was decent. I will probably check it out next week.

Kevc1980
Member Avatar

I had chorus practice tonight, so couldn't watch..I plan on watching tomorrow night. Can't wait.. I hope it has a huge premiere. NBC needs a hit.

King
Member Avatar

I thought it was kind of boring.

I turned it off after 15 minutes. LOL. I will try to finish it later.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Primetime Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply